David J. Schwartz is the author of the classic motivational book The Magic of Thinking Big. Without a doubt this seminal creation has effectively helped millions of people improve their thinking, and as a result, their very lives. Schwartz first published this gem back in 1959; however, multiple revisions have taken place and over 6 million copies and counting have been sold since.
So, to help you improve your life, even if just a little bit, we’ve decided to publish the best Magic of Thinking Big quotes we could find. Our hope is that they will inspire you to believe that you can actually be and do more than you ever thought possible.
So, if you’re ready to supersize your thinking and get inspired to expand your life’s possibilities, then let’s dive in to these handful of David J. Schwartz quotes from The Magic of Thinking Big.
THE MAGIC OF THINKING BIG QUOTES
1. “Believe, really believe you can move a mountain and you can. Not many people believe that they can move mountains. So, as a result, not many people do.” – David J. Schwartz
2. “Big ideas and big plans are often easier — certainly no more difficult — than small ideas and small plans.” – David J. Schwartz
3. “Belief triggers the power to do.” – David J. Schwartz
4. “Go deep into your study of people, and you’ll discover unsuccessful people suffer a mind-deadening thought disease. We call this disease excusitis.” – David J. Schwartz
5. “Worry, tension, embarrassment, panic, all stem from mismanaged, negative imagination.” – David J. Schwartz
6. “The thinking that guides your intelligence is much more important that how much intelligence you may have.” – David J. Schwartz
7. “All confidence is acquired, developed. No one is born with confidence.” – David J. Schwartz
8. “Action cures fear. Indecision, postponement, on the other hand, fertilize fear.” – David J. Schwartz
9. “Where success is concerned, people are not measured in inches, or pounds, or college degrees, or family background: they are measured by the size of their thinking.” – David J. Schwartz
10. “Big men do not laugh at big ideas.” – David J. Schwartz
11. “How you think determines how you act. How you act in turn determines: How others react to you.” – David J. Schwartz
12. “A man who lacks enthusiasm never develops it in another.” – David J. Schwartz
13. “To activate others, you must first activate yourself.” – David J. Schwartz
14. “Results come in proportion to enthusiasm applied.” – David J. Schwartz
15 “Many ambitious people go through life with admirable persistence and show of ambition, but they fail to succeed because they don’t experiment with new approaches.” – David J. Schwartz
16. “Treating someone as second-class never gets you first-class results.” – David J. Schwartz
17. “Put service first and money takes care of itself.” – David J. Schwartz
18. “Capacity is a state of mind. How much we can do depends on how much we think we can do.” – David J. Schwartz
19. “Higher pay comes from one thing: Increasing the quality and quantity of your output.” – David J. Schwartz
20. “Others see in us what we see in ourselves.” – David J. Schwartz
We hope you are finding some massive inspiration from these quotes straight from The Magic of Thinking Big. Without a doubt, this book is one of our favorites, and if you haven’t found that gem of a quote yet to move you into action, keep reading… you’ll find it.
With that being said, keep to it, as you’re more than halfway there.
Related: Success Poem: ‘Thinking’
21. “Persons who reach the top rungs in business management, selling, engineering, religious work, writing, acting, and in every other pursuit get there by following conscientiously and continuously a plan for self-development and growth.” – David J. Schwartz
22. “You’ll find that the more successful the individual, the less inclined he is to make excuses.” – David J. Schwartz
23. “Every minute a person spends worrying about dying is just one minute that fellow might as well have been dead.” – David J. Schwartz
24. “The ability to know how to get information is more important than using the mind as a garage for facts.” – David J. Schwartz
25. “To think confidently, act confidently.” – David J. Schwartz
26. “Confident action produces confident thinking. So, to think confidently act confidently. Act the way you want to feel.” – David J. Schwartz
27. “Psychologists link slovenly postures and sluggish walking to unpleasant attitudes towards oneself, work and the people around us.” – David J. Schwartz
28. “Hope is a start. But hope needs action to win victories” – David J. Schwartz
29. “The price tag the world puts on us is just about identical to the one we put on ourselves.” – David J. Schwartz
30. “Grow big by thinking big.” – David J. Schwartz
31. “Big people monopolize the listening. Small people monopolize the talking.” – David J. Schwartz
32. “Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, really believe, your mind will find the ways to do it. Believing a solution paves the way to solution.”
33. “People with a money-first attitude become so money-conscious that they forget money can’t be harvested unless they plant the seeds that grow the money.” – David J. Schwartz
34. “Successful people follow a plan for liking people. Do you? People who reach the top don’t discuss much their techniques for thinking right toward people. But you would be surprised how many really big people have a clear, definitive, even written plan for liking people.” – David J. Schwartz
35. “Think Big Enough to see that if you put service first, money takes care of itself.” – David J. Schwartz
36. “Think more of yourself and there is more of you.” – David J. Schwartz
37. “Make no mistake about it. Your physical exterior affects your mental interior. How you look on theh outside affects how you think and feel on the inside.” – David J. Schwartz
38. Look at things not as they are, but as they can be. Visualization adds value to everything. A big thinker always visualizes what can be done in the future. He isn’t stuck with the present” – David J. Schwartz
39. “It isn’t what one has that’s important. Rather, it’s how much one is planning to get that counts.” – David J. Schwartz
40. “The mind is what the mind is fed.” – David J. Schwartz
Related: Think Big Quotes
These Magic of Thinking quotes are just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the life-changing wisdom that can be found in his book. So, if you like what you read, and you are looking for more of it, do yourself a favor and invest in his book ‘The Magic of Thinking Big‘.
Note: We’re reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No doubt, reading The Magic of Thinking Big will change your thinking…and with it, your life.
Till you reach your lofty aims,