Do you ever find yourself completely unmotivated to work during the day? Like no matter how much coffee you drink or motivational videos you watch, you’d still rather do anything but start your work day? If so, don’t fret because, a.) you’re not alone, and b.) we have solutions to help you find motivation for work, especially when you’re not feeling up to it.
Now, before we get into it, just know this, your aversion to work is normal. In fact, it’s in our nature as humans to conserve energy. Some people may call this laziness, but in reality, this aversion is simply hardwired into us so we choose activities that involve the least amount of energy.
Unfortunately, this same human nature can also make it difficult for us at times, to find the necessary motivation for work when we’re feeling uninspired. This is especially true when the work mostly consists of monotonous or tedious tasks, like answering or placing phone calls or responding to emails. As such, it’s easy to understand how people can fall into a rut with tiresome routines. But, the great news is, such a rut is avoidable.
If you experiment with a few of these techniques, you’ll find that the motivation you’re seeking for work isn’t too hard to come by. So, gives these methods a shot, and you’ll be well on your way to possessing the daily motivation for work you’ll need for long-term success.
7 Ways To Find Motivation at Work and Stay Inspired
1. Take Control Of Your Schedule
Are your mornings often filled with dreary, humdrum meetings that you feel like you could sleep through? Find some motivation for work by starting your morning on the right foot. Plan your schedule to ensure that if you do have morning conferences, that they’re with people who are motivating and enthusiastic. Something as simple as a coffee break with a creative coworker is a low-effort way to start your day on a positive note.
This technique doesn’t need to be restricted to work either. Take time in the morning before leaving for the office to connect with your family. If you are the type of person who likes to work out, set aside time for a morning jog. You are the master of your schedule. Taking a little bit of time in advance to plan how your day starts will help you find and keep your momentum for the rest of the day.
2. Sustain Your Progress
Once you find your motivation for the day, be sure to maintain it. This is easier said than done. When people are working toward a goal, it’s common to have bursts of energy at the beginning of a project and when they are almost at the end. But, many people reach a slump midway through the project where they may be not motivated to work as hard. There are a few strategies we’ve found to combat this drop in production.
First, try to change the way you think about any progress you’ve achieved. Don’t look at the goal as being so far away; look at how far you’ve come from the beginning. You can even try changing your idea of the starting point. For example, instead of the start of the project being when you first took action, think of it as when the project was first proposed. Then, when you think of all the progress you’ve made, you can see how far you’ve come from that starting point.
Lastly, focus on how much you’ve accomplished on a task before you reach the midpoint of a project, and then concentrate on how much you have left. This mental shift in perspective can help you stay motivated for the duration of a project.
3. Set Smaller Goals
This suggestion for finding motivation for work ties into the previous one of maintaining progress. You may be faced with a large project that seems daunting or impossible to tackle. Or, you may have quarterly or bi-annual metrics that need to be met, but you’re having a hard time qualifying them on such a large scale.
It’s easier to see how much progress you’ve made on a project if you break it into smaller goals. For large projects, break them down into simpler tasks and tackle each task one at a time. For long-term metrics, set weekly or monthly goals so you don’t fall into a slump midway through the timeframe.
Related: How to Set Goals
4. Celebrate Your Achievements
Now that you’ve found your motivation for work and set some goals for yourself, don’t forget to celebrate your achievements. These can be both big and small rewards. For example, if you complete a small task such as replying to an important email, give yourself a 15-minute break. Did you finally finish writing the presentation you’ve been putting off? Treat yourself to lunch or dinner.
However, rewards should be for quality, not the quantity of work completed. Don’t get into the habit of rewarding yourself for every 10 emails you send, or the quality of the emails may decrease. And, don’t reward yourself for performing well one week by slacking off the next week.
5. Benefiting From Coworkers Influence
Have you ever had a task you struggled with while one of your coworkers is speeding through the same job with little effort? Of course you have, because we all have. Now, when that happens, does it leave you feeling motivated to try and copy their behavior, or would you rather just leave the job to your coworker since they’re so good at it?
If you watch these ambitious and efficient coworkers, you may find yourself losing your motivation. Instead, ask them about their goals. What are they trying to accomplish, and would they recommend others do the same as well?
Related: Tips For a Productive Work Day
6. Recognize Metrics And Feedback
This strategy is especially important for leaders. Tracking key metrics and feedback — both user and employee feedback — can help you find motivation in pushing your company toward success.
If you recognize that users are unhappy about a certain aspect of your product, you can focus on changes that will make your next release a success. This will also help you set goals for yourself and your team.
7. Look At The Big Picture
In the end, why do any of us need to find motivation for work? You may go into work on any given day to answer to your boss, try to get a raise, or finish a project you’ve been working hard on. But don’t forget to look at the big picture. Most of us have a centering inspiration that spurs us back to work each day. For some people, it may be providing for a family. For others, it could be the dream of doing something they love, such as writing, teaching or photography. Others may simply be seeking self-improvement by doing something they enjoy. Whatever it is, don’t forget what the most meaningful thing to you is.
Related: Monday Motivation Quotes
There you have it, some of the most effective ways to find motivation to get back to the grind, especially when you’re not motivated to work.
These tips will help get you get the ball rolling again, so you can gain enough motivation to maintain your momentum. And then, with that momentum, you’ll be on track to consistently bring your a-game to work everyday so you can start to make things happen.
With that being said, if you found value in this article, please share it with a friend or colleague who could use it. Keep to it!
Till next time,
PS – If you enjoyed these handful of tips for finding more motivation for work, then you’ll love this robust collection of motivational quotes.
75+ MOTIVATIONAL MICHAEL JORDAN QUOTES FOR SUCCESS
Michael Jordan is considered by most, as the NBA’s greatest player of all-time, as a six-time NBA champion. and NBA Finals MVP. He’s also a savvy businessman who is the principal owner of the Charlotte Hornets, Nascar’s 23XI Racing, and has been a principal spokesman for iconic brands like Nike, Gatorade, Coca Cola, Wheaties, Hanes, and many others. In addition to this, he’s a billionaire. Needless to say, Jordan knows a thing or two about success and achievement; which is why we’ve pulled together this powerful collection of Michael Jordan quotes for success.
Our hope is that these quotes will give you more insight into the thinking process and mindset that has helped Michel Jordan become one of the most successful and popular people in history. We also hope they inspire you to dream bigger, work harder, and strive to achieve the impossible. So, if you’re ready to be inspired, let’s dive into these inspiring Michael Jordan quotes:
BEST MICHAEL JORDAN QUOTES FOR SUCCESS
1. “If you quit once it becomes a habit. Never quit!” – Michael Jordan
2. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” – Michael Jordan
3. “No matter how good you are, always keep working on your game.” – Michael Jordan
4. “Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.” – Michael Jordan
5. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
“Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael JordanTweet Quote
6. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
7. “Failure makes me work even harder.” – Michael Jordan
8. “If you do the work, you get rewarded. There are no shortcuts in life.” – Michael Jordan
9. “To be successful, you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don’t isolate.” – Michael Jordan
10. “The key to success is failure.” – Michael Jordan
11. “They don’t need a ticket to watch you sitting on a bench. They can go to your house for that.” – Michael Jordan
12. “You can practice shoot eight hours a day, but if your technique is wrong, then all you become is very good at shooting the wrong way. Get the fundamentals down and the level of everything you do will rise.” – Michael Jordan
13. “My body could stand the crutches but my mind couldn’t stand the sideline.” – Michael Jordan
14. “I’ve never been afraid to fail.” – Michael Jordan
15. “It’s better to shoot and miss than to let time run out and wonder what if.” – Michael Jordan
“It’s better to shoot and miss than to let time run out and wonder what if.” – Michael JordanTweet Quote
16. “Once I made a decision, I never thought about it again.” – Michael Jordan
17. “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, and others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
18. “The minute you get away from fundamentals–whether its proper technique, work ethic, or mental preparation–the bottom can fall out of your game, your schoolwork, your job, whatever you’re doing.” – Michael Jordan
19. “If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome.” – Michael Jordan
20. “I hope the millions of people I’ve touched have the optimism and desire to share their goals and hard work and persevere with a positive attitude.” – Michael Jordan
“I hope the millions of people I’ve touched have the optimism and desire to share their goals and hard work and persevere with a positive attitude.” – Michael JordanTweet Quote
21. “My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.” – Michael Jordan
22. “I set another goal … a reasonable, manageable goal that I could realistically achieve if I worked hard enough. I approached everything step by step.” – Michael Jordan
23. “I’ve never lost a game. I just ran out of time.” – Michael Jordan
24. “Work ethics eliminates fear.” – Michael Jordan
25. “If you put your mind to doing whatever it is you want to do, good things can happen.” – Michael Jordan
“If you put your mind to doing whatever it is you want to do, good things can happen.” – Michael JordanTweet Quote
26. “People ask me if I could fly, I said, ‘yeah… for a little while.'” – Michael Jordan
27. “My advice is, find fuel in failure. Sometimes failure gets you closer to where you want to be.” – Michael Jordan
28. “Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.” – Michael Jordan
29. “I play to win, whether during practices or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win.” – Michael Jordan
30. “Heart is what separates the good from the great.” – Michael Jordan
31. “Winning isn’t always championships.” – Michael Jordan
32. “I built my talents on the shoulders of someone else’s talent.” – Michael Jordan
33. “My competitive drive is far greater than anyone else that I’ve met, and I thrive on that.” – Michael Jordan
34. “To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail.” – Michael Jordan
35. “Learning is a gift, even when pain is your teacher!” – Michael Jordan
36. “There is no “I” in team but there is in win.” – Michael Jordan
37. “I realized that if I was going to achieve anything in life I had to be aggressive. I had to get out there and go for it.” – Michael Jordan
38. “I want to be the bridge to the next generation.” – Michael Jordan
39. “Don’t let them drag you down by rumors, just go with what you believe in.” – Michael Jordan
40. “Everybody has talent, but ability takes hard work.” – Michael Jordan
41. “Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. if you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That’s truly about the game, and in some ways that’s about life too.” – Michael Jordan
42. “Champions do not become champions when the win an event, but in the hours, weeks, and months, and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely a demonstration of their championship character.” – Michael Jordan
43. “I’ve always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come.” – Michael Jordan
44. “Sometimes things may not go your way, but the effort should be there every single night.” – Michael Jordan
45. “It is easy to choose a path of anonymity and lead an empty life. But to strive hard and lead an impactful life, one needs a burning desire to realize dreams.” – Michael Jordan
“It is easy to choose a path of anonymity and lead an empty life. But to strive hard and lead an impactful life, one needs a burning desire to realize dreams.” – Michael JordanTweet Quote
46. “You have to establish who you want to be in this life. Don’t be who they tell you you should be.” – Michael Jordan
47. “My innate personality is to win at all costs. If I have to do it myself, I’m going to do it.” – Michael Jordan
48. “Live the moment for the moment.” – Michael Jordan
49. “Enjoy every minute of life. Never second-guess life.” – Michael Jordan
50. “A loss is not a failure until you make an excuse.” – Michael Jordan
51. “My father used to say that it’s never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said you never know what you can accomplish until you try.” – Michael Jordan
52. “I’ve always been taught that to reach a goal in life that you want you have to work hard to get to it.” – Michael Jordan
53. “I had to start from the bottom and work my way up.” – Michael Jordan
54. “What motivates me is the unknown. Know one knows, they can all speculate but no one really knows and when you look at my career from high school all the way up through the pros. Know one knew what Michael was capable of you know? Myself, I didn’t know you know? But I didn’t let that stop me, and let that motivate me more so than anything. As long as it’s unknown, that means I have a chance, you know and that’s the way I pursued my whole career.” – Michael Jordan
55. “I’ve really set a standard for myself, which is normal, but then, you have to step it up another level to be above normal.” – Michael Jordan
“I’ve really set a standard for myself, which is normal, but then, you have to step it up another level to be above normal.” – Michael JordanTweet Quote
56. “For a competitive junkie like me, Golf is a great solution because it smacks you in the face every time you think you’ve accomplished something.” – Michael Jordan
57. “When I play I play hard all the time, you know? There’s no turning on here and turning it off here, it’s just 110% at all times.” – Michael Jordan
58. “I never feel that I am at my best. I feel I still have room to improve, I still set goals for myself to strive for. I am never complacent with what I have achieved.” – Michael Jordan
59. “Sometimes you need to get hit in the head to realize that you’re in a fight.” – Michael Jordan
60. “If nobody will help you do it, do it alone.” – Michael Jordan
61. “I cannot accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan
62. “I practice as if I am playing the game.” – Michael Jordan
63. “Don’t be afraid to try. The worst thing that can happen, is it doesn’t pan out the way you envision it, but at least you know that by giving it a shot.’ – Michael Jordan
64. “Everything I’ve done in my life I’ve taken a chance at either succeeding at it or failing at it, but I’ve taken that chance. And I will not let the opportunity of failure stop me from doing something that I truly truly enjoy doing.” – Michael Jordan
65. “Sports is a tool that teaches.” – Michael Jordan
66. “Let your game be your promotion and marketing tool.” – Michael Jordan
67. “Success doesn’t stop when you get there.” – Michael Jordan
68. “My best skill as that I was coachable. I was a sponge and aggressive to learn.” – Michael Jordan
69. “I play for the love of the game, not for the love of money.” – Michael Jordan
70. “The best come from the worst.” – Michael Jordan
71. “If I had been playing for money I would have complained a long time ago that I was underpaid.” – Michael Jordan
72. “It’s about work before glory, and what’s inside of you.” – Michael Jordan
73. “I’m a firm believer in goal setting. Step by step. I can’t see any other way of accomplishing anything.” – Michael Jordan
74. “No brain, no gain. Stay in school.” – Michael Jordan
75. “I believe greatness is an evolutionary process that changes and evolves era to era.” – Michael Jordan
“I believe greatness is an evolutionary process that changes and evolves era to era.” – Michael JordanTweet Quote
Bonus Michael Jordan Quote
Bonus: Alright, here is one of our favorite Michael Jordan quotes. We added it as bonus, because we 100% stand behind it, and because we believe more people could achieve the success they are after if they’d just full embrace it. Enjoy!
There you have it, the best of the best Michael Jordan quotes to help you find more success in life. If you wan to be like Mike, you have try and think like Mike, and more importantly, strive like Mike.
That said, we hope these quotes fired you up to want to push harder to achieve your goals and dreams.
Till you reach those aims,
PS – If you enjoyed these motivational Michael Jordan quotes, then you’ll definitely enjoy these inspiring Kobe Bryant quotes.
45+ INSPIRATIONAL HARD WORK PAYS OFF QUOTES
There’s one premise that all our efforts are based off of here at The STRIVE, and it’s that hard work pays off. We believe that going the extra mile, putting in the effort, working late nights, and grinding in those early waking hours all adds up. We believe it, because it does, and because we’ve observed this to be true in just about every success story we’ve studied.
So, to keep you inspired and faithful to the fact that hard work and maximum effort brings positive results, we’ve rounded up these powerful hard work pays off quotes. May they help you stick to the spirit that has helped created countless millionaires, success icons, pros, and superstars across the ages.
BEST HARD WORK PAYS OFF QUOTES
1. “At the end of the day, you put all the work in, and eventually it’ll pay off. It could be in a year, it could be in 30 years. Eventually, your hard work will pay off.” – Kevin Hart
2. “Hard work pays off — hard work beats talent any day, but if you’re talented and work hard, it’s hard to beat.” – Robert Griffin III
3. “Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.” – Colin Powell
4. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” – Tim Notke
5. “Hard work pays off if you’re patient enough to see it through.” – Michael Chandler
6. “The harder you work for something, the greater you’ll feel when you achieve it.” – Anonymous
7. “Your hard work might not pay off today or tomorrow, but it will eventually pay off.” – Sonya Parker
8. “Self-belief and hard work will always earn you success.” – Virat Kohil
9. “I know you’ve heard it a thousand times before. But it’s true — hard work pays off. If you want to be good, you have to practice, practice. If you don’t love something, then don’t do it.” – Ray Bradbury
10. “Hard work and determination equals success. Nothing comes easy. Put your mind to something.” – Kevin Hart
“Hard work and determination equals success. Nothing comes easy. Put your mind to something.” – Kevin HartTweet Quote
11. “Hard work pays off. The harder you work, the more people will notice.” – Sydney Sweeney
12. “The hard work definitely paid off and hard work always does.” – Gabby Douglas
13. “Hard word pays off later, laziness pays off now.’ – Anonymous
14. “The price of success: hard work, patience, and a few sacrifices.” – Edward Bok
15. “The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.” – Harry Golden
16. “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.” – Kevin Durant
17. “There is no easy way. There is only hard work, late nights, early mornings, practice, rehearsal, repetition, study, sweat, blood, toil, frustration, and discipline.” – Jocko Willink
18. “Hard work always pays off, whatever you do.” – Justin Lynch
19. “I always remind my kids that hard work pays off. That’s how I go to where I am right now because of sacrifice and the work I put into it.” – Dwayne Wade
20. “Hard work pays the best dividends.” – Atlas Rowe
21. “A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.” – Colin Powell
22. “Hard work pays off in the future but requires discomfort now. Laziness pays off now but guarantees discomfort in the future.” – Hal Elrod
23. “Work hard in silence, let success be your noise.” – Frank Ocean
24. “The road to success is not easy to navigate, but with hard work, drive and passion, it’s possible to achieve the American dream.” – Tommy Hilfiger
25. “Hard work opens doors and shows the world that you are serious about being one of those rare – and special – human beings who use the fullness of their talents to do their very best.” – Robin Sharma
“Hard work opens doors and shows the world that you are serious about being one of those rare – and special – human beings who use the fullness of their talents to do their very best.” – Robin SharmaTweet Quote
26. “We are all great. No matter if you think you’re dumb, fat, been bullied, we all have greatness. You gotta find the courage. It’s going to be hard work, discipline, and the non-cognitive skills — hard work, dedication, sacrifice — that will set you apart. – David Goggins
27. “Through hard work, perseverance and a faith in God, you can live your dreams.” – Ben Carson
28. “All roads that lead to success have to pass through hard work boulevard at some point.” – Eric Thomas
29. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
30. “Hard work works!” – Denzel Washington
31. “Product outweighs talent.’ – Master P
32. “With hard work and effort, you can achieve anything.” – Antoine Griezmann
33. “Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.” – Kobe Bryant
34. “If you do the work you get rewarded. There are no shortcuts in life.” – Michael Jordan
35. “Luck doesn’t exist, only hard work works.” – Serge Nubret
36. “If you believe hard work pays, and put in the time and effort that goes along with such a belief, success will surely follow.” – The STRIVE
37. “Nobody has the power to change the past, but we all have the power to change our future. Hard work pays off!” – Master P
38. “When you are willing to replace mundane excuses with hard work and your laziness with determination, nothing can prevent you from succeeding.” – Prem Jagyasi
39. “Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you’re willing to pay the price.” – Vince Lombardi
40. “Hard work creates champions.” – The STRIVE
41. “The road to success and greatness is always paved with consistent hard work.” – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
42. A lot of hard work is hidden behind nice things.” – Ralph Lauren
43. “Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds” – .Gordon B. Hinckley
44. “Preparation for tomorrow is hard work today.” – Bruce Lee
45. “I strongly believe if you work hard, whatever you want, it will come to you.” – Beyoncé
“I strongly believe if you work hard, whatever you want, it will come to you.” – BeyoncéTweet Quote
46. “Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.” – Conan O’Brien
47. “Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice.” – Henry Ford
Related: Work Hard and You Will Succeed
Bonus Hard Work Pays Quote
Bonus: Here’s one last quote related to hard work paying off. This one is without a doubt one of our favorites because it touches on the truth of hard work, which is that it does pay, but only after you’ve first made a down payment with effort.
There you have it, our collection of the most motivating Hard Work Pays Off quotes. We hope they help you put your nose to the grindstone and get to work on bringing your dreams to life.
PS – If you enjoyed this collection of Hard Work Pays Off quotes, then you’ll definitely enjoy these powerful work hard quotes.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE
So you want to change your life?
I don’t know how you ended up on this website, reading these words, but I do know you are looking for something.
Maybe your back is against the wall, and you decided to google “How to change your life”?
Maybe you are stuck, maybe you tried to change your life, but things got hard, so you quit.
Maybe you are stuck in limbo, you are doing ok, but you can’t seem to get that breakthrough that you are looking for.
The reality of changing your life is that it’s easier said than done. Is it possible to change your life? Yes, it’s possible to embrace self-improvement and totally transform your life.
However, many people fail to change their lives in a meaningful way. But why do they fail? More importantly, how can we avoid failure and get the life we want?
Today I’m going to answer those questions. Let’s take a look at how you can start changing your life today:
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE TODAY, AND FOR GOOD
1. Stop Being A Dabbler
What is a dabbler? Two dictionary definitions say the following:
“A person who follows a pursuit without attaining proficiency or professional status”
“One not deeply engaged in or concerned with something.”
These are formal definitions of what a dabbler is, but let’s look at a more simple explanation of what dabbling with life means in terms of you changing your life.
To do this, let’s look at an analogy. Let’s imagine for a minute that the game of life is a river. A very cold river, and to play the game of life requires you to get in the water and swim.
But what do most people do when they try to change their lives? They walk up to the river of life and put their foot in the water to feel how cold it is.
They soon realize the water is freezing and that stream is quite strong. So they take out their foot and go back to their warm homes. Then they can tell everyone that they tried, but it didn’t work out.
But let me tell you the reality of the game of life. The people that win don’t dabble. They go all in. They do not do half-measures. They jump into the cold icy water and immerse themselves. They calm themselves, breathe, and start swimming to the other side. They are committed to doing whatever it takes to reach their goals and live the life of their dreams.
You have to commit and stop dabbling. This is the only way to change your life.
2. Find Specialized Knowledge
There is an old saying, “Standing on the shoulders of giants.”This is exactly what you need to do to go to the next level in life.
You need to realize that you don’t need to reinvent everything. You can listen and learn from the greatest minds that ever walked this planet. You can also find specialized knowledge in whatever field you work in to speed up your growth and development.
We are very fortunate to have knowledge and experience at our fingertips. The internet made it possible for us to find knowledge like this website you are reading now, with a simple google search. Suddenly you are exposed to powerful ideas that have the potential to plant seeds in your mind that can transform your life.
So don’t try to go it alone, you must invest in yourself by reading blogs, books, online courses, etc. To be competitive in this modern world you need to take your self-education very seriously. Socrates was right when he said, “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
3. Use Your Past Pain
Don’t ever forget that your greatest success will be found in your greatest pain, disappointments, and heartbreaks. This might sound crazy to many but it’s the truth.
Go look at some of the greatest people that ever walked this planet and most of them would say that the thing that sparked it all for them was some kind of pain or trauma from their past.
Your past should not be something you are obsessed about, but if it’s channeled correctly, it has the power to drive you to excel in whatever field you choose to go into.
The most powerful forces in the human mind are pain and pleasure. Advertisers know this very well. So don’t totally push down your past.
Find something that you can look at from your past and allow it to fuel you. Allow it to drive you to work when others are sleeping. Let it give you the hunger to do work when others are partying. Become that guy or girl that leads the way, by channeling that energy so that it transforms your life.
4. Do The Work When No One Is Watching
Most people who try to change their lives fail because they run out of steam when their initial motivation fades. Because here is the reality: When you start your mission to change your life, you will get very excited. Maybe you read a book, watched a movie, or found some other motivation. So you got so excited that you went out there and told the world that you will change.
So you take that excitement, and you start your first day, and then the first week goes by. But soon, that excitement starts to fade, and you feel the initial motivation disappearing like a ghost at night.
So here is the question that you must ask yourself because I promise you it will happen to you: What are you going to do when the lights go off and it’s just you? When everyone’s out partying and having a great time, and you are alone working. What are you going to do? Are you going to call it a day because you feel lonely or uncomfortable?
The people that overcome this reality know that this initial excitement will fade when the reality of hard work confronts them, they are ready for it.
How do they overcome it? Well, they all have the tools that they can get. They make vision boards so that their vision is constantly in their minds. They create morning rituals to give them momentum into the day. They write down their goals every morning and evening. They do all these things to constantly remind themselves why they do what they do. They do all of this, and they find ways to develop their mental fortitude so that they keep moving forward when the going gets tough.
The human mind has the potential to be an incredible soldier for you if you train it correctly and use self- discipline to control it. But if you allow your mind to aimlessly drift when you are supposed to be doing the work then you will fail.
5. Who Dares Wins
You have probably heard the words “Who Dares Wins.” These famous words are the motto of the British Special Air Service or SAS. The SAS is the United Kingdom’s Elite Special Operations Unit. The first time I heard their motto, “Who Dares Wins,” I realized these guys are sharing with us the truth of winning in life.
This truth is a reality that many miss or refuse to accept. The reality is this: If you want to change your life or reach your goals, then you must be willing to step out of your comfort zone and take calculated risks.
I’m not saying you should do reckless or stupid things, I’m saying you should step into areas of life that make you uncomfortable. This is the only way to get what you want.
It was Einstein who once said, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” Einstein was 100% correct with these words, you can’t expect to change your life if you keep on doing the exact same things over and over.
Step out of your comfort zone and remember, “Who dares wins.”
6. Become A Professional
There is one final piece to this puzzle of changing your life, and it’s the following non-negotiable reality:
You must become a professional. What do I mean by being a professional? It means you must change all aspects of how you conduct yourself. You must reject mediocrity and embrace excellence.
If you want to make your dreams a reality, then you must transform who you are at the deepest level. That means raising your standards in everything you do. That is the core of being a professional.
At a more practical level, a professional conducts himself at a very high standard. A professional lives a disciplined life. He or she has their days, weeks, and months planned out. They don’t wake up and ask themselves, “What am I doing today?”. No, this is not how a professional operates.
If you want to know how a professional conducts himself look at some of the greatest sports professionals that walked the earth. Look at Michael Jordan, Kobe, and Tom Brady. Those guys weren’t just competitive on the field but also off it.
When they weren’t playing or practicing, they would study other sports to get better with their own game. They would do everything they could to get an edge on their opponents. When others would sleep, they would be grinding, when others were partying, they found new ways to win. This might sound extreme, but this is what it takes to become great. This is what it takes to transform your life.
So how do you start this process of becoming a professional in the game of life? Most of you reading might be expecting a very complicated answer, but it’s not. It’s very simple but massively important:
You must realize that with every decision you make, you are competing. The decisions you make will shape your destiny. It’s the small daily actions that you take or don’t take that will make the biggest difference long-term.
Let’s look at some examples of daily choices that can make or break your success in life:
- Should I go to that party tonight?
- Should I eat this pizza?
- Should I sleep for another hour?
- Should I go for a run?
- Should I drink a few beers tonight?
- Should I make a few sales calls today?
- Should I write that essay?
- Should I take this weekend off?
- Should I take a break today?
These are the types of questions that seem like just normal everyday questions that run through your mind. But the reality is that these small daily, seemingly unimportant choices are shaping who you become.
Self-Discipline + Excellence
Remember, the actions you consistently take shape your future and the person you will become. And this brings us back to being professional. A professional consistently makes the right choices over a long period of time.
Sure, they make mistakes, but the majority of the time, they get guided by their iron self-discipline. This self-discipline is a culture of excellence in their lives. This culture gets built by being conscious of doing the small things right and consistently holding yourself to a higher standard than anyone could possibly expect.
A professional is the type of person who, when things are bad,and everyone would understand if he didnt show up, he still shows up and does whatever needs to be done. This is the mindset of being a real professional in life.
If you can mold yourself into becoming a professional, you will change your life. The transformation is inevitable because there is a very powerful force that controls this world, and it’s called cause and effect.
Once you embrace cause and effect, it becomes very hard to stop you. Once you become the cause of your world, the effect will become inevitable.
Now you need to ask yourself: What are you going to do? Are you going to accept mediocrity or step into excellence? Your choice!
You now know how to change your life. All you have to do is follow these guidelines. Remember, changing your life is a process that will take time to accomplish, but the decision to put this process in motion can happen in a second.
So, make a decision, take out a notebook, and write down what it is you want to do with your life. Then get up and start taking action on that first thing. It’s that simple. Start today!
RELENTLESS EFFORT: THE KEY TO MORE SUCCESS IN LIFE
Below is a short article about relentless effort, and it’s worth the read if you consider yourself a student of success. This post is also an important message that many people need to hear in this day and age. Not because they don’t value the message, but because they’ve yet to have anyone instruct them on the merits of effort.
Without a doubt, a great amount of people have been lied to over the years. They’ve been told that success should be easy, that they can expect a better life merely because they demand one. In short, way too many people have yet to be exposed to one of the truest “secrets” of success. So, that’s what I’ll be touching on in this post. So, if you’re ready learn about the true meaning of relentless effort and how embracing it can lead to more success, let’s dive in.
RELENTLESS EFFORT AND SUCCESS
When I was younger, I played sports. And I tried just about every one of them too; I tried basketball, baseball, track and field, you name it. However, out of all the sports I tried, my favorite sport ended up being football.
Now, I had some amazing mentors in the form of coaches in every sport. However, it was the coaches I had in football whose lesson’s would make the biggest impacts on me and my life.
So, how did these coaches go about doing this?
Well, these coaches ingrained in me and my teammates early on, an invaluable philosophy that revolved around character, integrity, team work, but most importantly…individual effort.
What Does Relentless Effort Mean?
However, before we go any further, let me quickly reveal exactly what relentless effort means so we are on the same page. Effort, by it’s very definition, is essentially a vigorous and determined attempt to achieve something. While relentless essentially means to be unceasing or to constantly applying.
Therefore, relentless effort ultimately means to be unceasing in one’s determined attempts to achieve something.
That said, our coaches would consistently communicate the importance of embracing mental toughness, which at it’s height, was a full out obsession with giving one’s all to a given end, all of the time.
They made it clear, that there was nothing more important then each player understanding that they were at all times obligated to always give every ounce of effort towards the execution of their individual responsibilities.
Their line of thinking was this; If you’re not willing to consistently give your best effort, how can you in good conscience, say you really want to win? How can you in good conscience say you deserve to win if you don’t?
And if you’re not willing to always do what’s right and do your best always, how can you say you’re a person of character and integrity? And lastly, if you’re not willing to give your best effort always and relentlessly, how can you honestly stand before your teammates, your tribe, your family, and say you truly have their back?
In short, they conveyed the following: relentless effort is everything.
The Magic of Relentless Effort
Now, there was this one year where our coaches philosophy culminated into the purchasing of a bunch of T-shirts with the letters MTXE printed across the front of them. And it was this bold Acronym that would effectively and succinctly sum up their philosophy.
“MTXE” stood for Mental Toughness Extra Effort.
Now, after investing in a ton of these shirts, the coaches gave one to each player on the team. And every player began to wear those shirts with pride. And as a result, each player began to embrace the philosophy of relentless effort as their own.
And not so surprisingly, the year my coaches did this, was the year our team, if by some stroke of magic, broke a 7-year losing streak; whereby we went on to beat some of the best teams in the state, won ourselves a district championship, only to be routed by a team that would become the eventual state champions, and the #1 ranked team in the country.
Was it the shirt that made the difference? Of course not.
However, what did make all the difference, was our team’s new focus and mindset.
We went from a team full of players who cared more about how cool they looked to their peers and the fans, to a team whose sole focus was on how much individual effort they could give to their role, and to a larger extent, their team.
As such, the DNA of our team changed almost overnight. And when we all fully embraced the value of effort, everything changed for us. To be sure, it was an eye-opening experience.
Related: How to Build Mental Toughness
The Value of Effort
With that being said, and with eyes having been opened from that early experience, I would also get taught the lesson of effort time and time again. During my early professional years, through extensive study, I would learn again from mentors, like Teddy Roosevelt, Jim Rohn, Earl Nightingale, Vince Lombardi, Robin Sharma, and Gary Vee, that effort is beyond valuable for seekers of success .
Of course, my education didn’t end there. The lessons of effort continued to grow for me as I attempted to emulate the effort levels of many professional athletes, the likes of Ray Lewis, Barry Sanders, Michael Jordan, Lebron James, …the Greats. And in doing so, what I realized was how powerful effort is in steering us towards the results we are after in life.
Such a philosophy has been integral to my past and continued successes in life. In every instance where I put in extraordinary levels of effort, I’ve always reaped amazing results.
Extra effort in my youth, led to me receiving multiple scholarship offers to play football for a handful of different schools.
When I added extra effort towards studying and prepping for the graduate entrance tests to get into a top university, I not only got admitted, but received multiple full-tuition paid fellowship offers.
“Effort is the Key to Unlocking Our Potential.”
When I put in the extra effort to create added value in the real estate I owned, I was able sell it for triple the value I purchased it for.
Similarly, the relentless effort I put in on the weekends and in my spare time to create side-hustle income on the internet always paid off as well.
And no, it was not right away, but slowly, gradually, assuredly, giving my best effort towards my goals has always paved the way.
Even while I was working for the man at a J.O.B. (of the many jobs I’ve held), full effort has always resulted in either a promotion or higher pay. Extra effort has been good to me.
In fact, I’d venture to say that applying extra effort will almost always provide you with results in equal proportion to the levels of effort you applied. And if you are in control of your effort, you are in control of your results. It truly is the best ingredient of success.
In other words, quality is never an accident. And the same can be said for getting the results we strive for. So, the quality and results we get, whether it be in sports, business, or life in general, is almost always a bi-product of our own intentional, unceasing, and determined efforts.
Indeed, through relentless effort, we can all be the architects of our own achievement. Yes, you can truly become a success in life, if you’ll back up your belief with relentless effort.
Till you reach your aims,
PS – If you enjoyed this post about extra effort as a philosophy for life and success, then you’ll enjoy this amazing list of quotes on effort.
35+ STRIVE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE THE LIFE YOU DESERVE
To strive means to make great efforts to achieve or obtain something. It means to struggle or fight vigorously; to battle or compete. It is a word that encompasses what many go through day in and day out as they pursue their most cherished goals and aims in life. Without a doubt, it is a powerful word, especially for those who are reaching for more in their lives. And if you are on this page, that person is likely you. As such, we created this page specifically about strive quotes and we are dedicating it to you.
So, fellow achiever, if you’re ready for some inspiration to keep you fighting for all the great things you deserve in life, then let’s dive in to these top quotes about striving.
BEST STRIVE QUOTES TO FOR ACHIEVING SUCCESS
1. “It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.” – Seneca
2. “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” – Albert Einstein
3. “To strive tirelessly and at all times to reach one’s goal – therein lies the secret of success.” – Anna Pavlova
4. “Don’t worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.” – Abraham Lincoln
5. “In this world, you only get what you grab for.” – Giovanni Boccaccio
6. “Life is so much more rewarding if you strive for something, rather than take what’s given to you on a plate.” – Amy Winehouse
7. “Ambition is your inner voice that tells you, you can, and should, strive to go beyond your circumstances or situation in life.” – Lloyd Blankfein
8. “On occasion we need to make a second effort – and a third effort, and a fourth effort, and as many degrees of effort as may be required to accomplish what we strive to achieve.” – Thomas S. Monson
9. “Infinite striving to be the best is man’s duty; it is its own reward. Everything else is in God’s hands.” – Gandhi
10. “There is no failure except in no longer trying.” – Elbert Hubbard
11. “If we are to be a really great people, we must strive in good faith to play a great part in the world.” – Theodore Roosevelt
12. “Even when it is not fully attained, we become better by striving for a higher goal.” – Viktor Frankl
13. “I don’t know what my calling is, but I want to be here for a bigger reason. So I strive to be like the greatest people who have ever lived.” – Will Smith
14. “I’m certainly not saying that my life is what success is all about. To me, success is the ongoing process of striving to become more.” – Anthony Robbins
15. “Achievement eventually befalls the person who never stops striving.” – Strive Quote
16. “Never be satisfied with less than your very best effort. If you strive for the top and miss, you’ll still ‘beat the pack.” – Gerald R. Ford
17. “I was taught to strive not because there were any guarantees of success but because the act of striving is in itself the only way to keep faith with life.” – Madeleine Albright
18. “If one advances confidently in the direction of one’s dreams, and endeavors to live the life which one has imagined, one will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” – Henry David Thoreau
19. “Once we get the things we are striving for, we rarely remain satisfied with them. The things are just the bait. Chasing after them forces us to evolve, and it is the evolution and not the rewards themselves that matters to us and to those around us. This means that for most people success is struggling and evolving as effectively as possible.” – Ray Dalio
20. “Mistakes are proof that you are trying.” – Anonymous
21. “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
22. “Success… seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
23. “God provides the wind, but man must raise the sails.” ―St. Augustine
24. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
25. “Sometimes a winner is a dreamer who just won’t quit.” – Rudy
26. “Always remember that striving and struggle precede success, even in the dictionary.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
27. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
28. “Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better.” – Pat Riley
29. “You are what you do, not what you say you do.” – Carl Jung
30. “We can not guarantee success, but we can strive to deserve it.” – George Washington
31. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
32. “All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
33. “The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.” – Moliere
34. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
35. “Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted.” – David Bly
“Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted.” – David BlyTweet Quote
36. “If you strive for excellence, success will follow.” – Shreya Ghoshal
37. “A vision on its own is not enough. Hard work and dedication is required to make that vision a reality.” – Strive Masiyiwa
38. “We all have wounds, but you can’t let that be an excuse to sit on the sidelines. Sometimes in life you have to play in pain.” – Joel Olsteen
39. “God always strives together with those who strive.” – Aeschylus
40. “Success is always possible for the person who just keeps striving.” – The STRIVE
41. “Throughout the more than 40 years Virgin has been in business we have been continuously striving – striving to deliver wonderful products and services, striving to make a positive difference, striving to change people’s life for the better. Had we not kept striving, we certainly wouldn’t be where we are today.” – Richard Branso
42. “Be a lot, do a lot, do a lot have a lot. ” – Myron Golden
43. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
Bonus Strive Quote
Bonus: Out of our entire collection of striving quotes, this one is by far our favorite. We believe it encompasses everything that needs to be said about striving for success. Enjoy!
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt
“The credit belongs to the man who is in the arena whos face is marred by dust and sweat and blood.” – Theodore RooseveltTweet Quote
Takeaways From These Strive Quotes
We hope you enjoyed these strive quotes. Their purpose is to encourage you to stay hell bent on reaching your aims, because that’s what it will take to achieve them.
With that being said, here are some takeaways from these strive quotes:
- Success eventually comes to those who strive hard
- Strive not to be a success but rather to be of value
- Striving doesn’t guarantee success, but shows how deserving you are
- To strive is to reach, and you can’t obtain if you don’t reach
So, keep trying (hard), keep attempting, continue to endeavor, to aim, and make those great efforts towards your goals. Because it is only through dogged persistence, extra effort, and exerting oneself continuously that we move on to better things. Now go out and get what you deserve.
Till you reach your aims,
PS – If you enjoyed these quotes about striving, then you’ll love these quotes about hustling.
75+ MOTIVATIONAL MICHAEL JORDAN QUOTES FOR SUCCESS
DAVE RAMSEY’S NET WORTH + HOW HE’S BECOME SO RICH
HOW TO WRITE A STRONG COVER LETTER IN UNDER 5 MINUTES TO LAND THE JOB OF YOUR DREAMS
HOW TO BE MORE PRODUCTIVE IN LIFE BY LEVELING UP YOUR ENERGY
THE MEL ROBBINS SUCCESS STORY
75+ SELF-RELIANCE QUOTES TO INSPIRE THE DETERMINED, THE SELF-MADE, AND THE FREE
HOW TO BE FREE IN A WORLD THAT DOESN’T WANT YOU TO BE
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2022)
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE SUCCESS
20 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-CONFIDENCE AND IMPROVE SELF-ESTEEM (2022)
25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS THAT ACTUALLY WORK
100+ BADASS HARD WORK QUOTES TO FIRE UP YOUR WORK ETHIC
100+ PURPOSE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
100 INSPIRING COURAGE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FEEL COURAGEOUS
HOW TO MAKE MONEY WHILE YOU SLEEP AND NOT WORK UNTIL YOU DIE
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. If you’ve ever asked yourself,...
10 REASONS BUILDING AN ONLINE BUSINESS IS A GOOD INVESTMENT
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. Have you ever asked yourself,...
5 MILLIONAIRE SUCCESS HABITS THAT CAN ACTUALLY MAKE YOU RICH
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. These days anyone can become...
BEST HEATH OPTIMIZER APP AND DIGITAL FITNESS PROGRAMS
This health optimizer app review may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. Are you...
Self-Discipline7 months ago
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2022)
Quotes11 months ago
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE SUCCESS
Confidence10 months ago
20 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-CONFIDENCE AND IMPROVE SELF-ESTEEM (2022)
Motivation4 weeks ago
25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS THAT ACTUALLY WORK
Motivation1 year ago
100 INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
Quotes11 months ago
100+ BADASS HARD WORK QUOTES TO FIRE UP YOUR WORK ETHIC
Inspiration3 months ago
100+ PURPOSE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
Quotes2 years ago
55 POWER QUOTES TO HELP YOU FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS
Confidence11 months ago
100 INSPIRING COURAGE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FEEL COURAGEOUS
Quotes2 years ago
NO GUTS, NO GLORY
Quotes11 months ago
100+ MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES TO HELP YOU NEVER GIVE UP
Motivation11 months ago
TOP 100 SUCCESS AND MOTIVATIONAL BLOGS FOR 2022