James Allen was the author of a handful of self-improvement books in the early 1900’s. His seminal work was the publication of a book titled ‘As a Man Thinketh’. This one book alone has impacted the lives of millions of people over the past century. And the wisdom contained within his book continues to inspire and guide people on how to go about achieving their best life.
As such, we aim to provide in this post a handful of the best James Allen quotes from ‘As a Man Thinketh’, ‘Eight Pillars of Prosperity’, and some of his other works to provoke your thinking. We also share these quotes in hopes that it will encourage you to believe that you can change your life, improve your lot, and find the success and prosperity you seek in life.
BEST JAMES ALLEN QUOTES ON SUCCESS AND LIFE
1. “He who has conquered doubt and fear, has conquered failure.” – James Allen
2. “The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth – that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong.” – James Allen
3. “The alteration in your circumstances will be in exact ratio with your altered mental condition.” – James Allen
4. “To put away aimlessness and weakness, and to begin to think with purpose, is to enter the ranks of those strong ones who only recognize failure as one of the pathways to attainment; who make all conditions serve them, and who think strongly, attempt fearlessly, and accomplish masterfully.” – James Allen
5. “They who have no central purpose in their life fall an easy prey to petty worries, fears, troubles, and self-pitying, all of which are indications of weakness, which lead, just as surely as deliberately planned sins, to failure, unhappiness, and loss, for weakness cannot persist in a power-evolving universe.” – James Allen
6. “They themselves are makers of themselves.” – James Allen
7. “Men do not attract that which they want, they attract that which they are.” – James Allen
8. “Not what he wishes and prays for does a man get, but what he justly earns.” – James Allen
9. “Achievement of whatever kind, is the crown of effort, the diadem of thought.” – James Allen
10. “Sloth and prosperity can never be companions.” – James Allen
11. “Your circumstances may be uncongenial, but they shall not long remain so if you but perceive an Ideal and strive to reach it.” – James Allen
12. “Strong men have strong purposes, and strong purposes lead to strong achievements.” – James Allen
13. “Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.” – James Allen
14. “Thought allied fearlessly to purpose becomes creative force.” – James Allen
15. “Even if he fails again and again to accomplish his purpose, the strength of character gained will be the measure of his true success.” – James Allen
16. “The will to do springs from the knowledge that we can do.” – James Allen
17. “The outer conditions of a person’s life will always be found to be harmoniously related to his inner state.” – James Allen
18. “Strong, pure, and happy thoughts build up the body in vigor and grace.” – James Allen
19. “A man only begins to be a man when he ceases to whine and revile, and commences to search for the hidden justice which regulates his life.” – James Allen
20. “Energy is a moral virtue, its opposing vice being laziness.” – James Allen
21. “Those who are not prepared for the apprehension of a great purpose, should fix the thoughts upon faultless performance of their duty, no matter how insignificant their task may appear.” – James Allen
22. “As goodwill increases, man’s prosperity will increase.” – James Allen
23. “Men are anxious to improve their circumstances, but are unwilling to improve themselves; they therefore remain bound.” – James Allen
24. “In all human affairs there are efforts , and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.” – James Allen
25. “Into you hands will be placed the exact results of your own thoughts; you will receive that which you earn; no more, no less.” – James Allen
You’ve made it halfway, great job! We’re hope you’re enjoying these James Allen quotes as much as we enjoyed pulling them together. If at the end of the page, you found value in these quotes, please considering sharing with your friends or family.
Fun Fact: Did you know what James Allen, Napoleon Hill, and Earl Nightingale all have in common? All three of them, through years of study, research, and self-introspection came to the exact same conclusion on what the secret to success is. And the secret its….
“We become what we think about.”
Related: Who Is Earl Nightingale?
26. “A man’s prosperity is measured by his usefulness to the community, and a man is useful in accordance with what he does, and not because of the theories which he entertains.” – James Allen
27. “The honest man reaps the good results of his honest thoughts and acts; he also brings upon himself the sufferings which his vices produce.” – James Allen
28. “Blessedness, not material possessions, is the measure of right thought; wretchedness, not lack of material possessions, is the measure of wrong thought.” – James Allen
29. “A man cannot directly choose his circumstances, but he can choose his thoughts, and so indirectly, yet surely, shape his circumstances.” – James Allen
30. “Self-control is strength; right thought is mastery, calmness is power.” – James Allen
31. “Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom. It is the result of long and patient effort in self-control.” – James Allen
32. “Let a man turn away from the mirages of intellectual speculation, and begin to do something, and do it with all his might, and he will thereby gain a special knowledge, wield a special power, and reach his own unique position and prosperity among his fellows.” – James Allen
33. “Cherish your visions; cherish your ideals; cherish the music that stirs in your heart.” – James Allen
34. “Suffering is always the effect of wrong thought in some direction.” – James Allen
35. “Man, mentally and physically, is framed for action, and not for swinish ease.” – James Allen
36. “You will realize the Vision (not the idle wish) of your heart, be it base or beautiful.” – James Allen
37. “The maximum of noise usually accompanies the minimum of accomplishment. Which much talk, there is little doing.” – James Allen
38. “Business, commonly supposed by the short-sighted and foolish to be all fraud and deception, is based on a great trust – a trust that men will meet and fulfil their obligations.” – James Allen
39. “Morality is the Master-builder everywhere, whether in individuals or nations, whether in the world or the universe.” – James Allen
40. “He who would accomplish little must sacrifice little; he who would achieve much must sacrifice much.” – James Allen
41. “He who delights in work will not long remain unemployed.” – James Allen
42. “Industry brings cheerfulness and plenty.” – James Allen
43. “All who are getting, or trying to get, money without giving an equivalent are practicing fraud, whether they know it or not.” – James Allen
44. “Laziness is one of the lowest vices, repulsive to all active, right-minded men.” – James Allen
45. “By moderation the life-forces are preserved; by excess they are destroyed.” – James Allen
46. “Independence, freedom, glorious liberty, come through labor and not from idleness, and the self-reliant man is too strong, too honorable, too upright to depend upon others, like a suckling babe, for his support.” – James Allen
47. “What is a thief but a man who carries to its logical extreme the desire to possess without giving a just return.” – James Allen
48. “Independence is the birthright of the strong and well-controlled man. All men love and strive for liberty. All men aspire to some sort of freedom.” – James Allen
49. “Only he who is self-supporting is free, self-reliant, independent.” – James Allen
50. “To desire is to obtain; to aspire is to achieve.” – James Allen
Bonus James Allen Quote
Bonus: Here’s one last bonus quote. It is by far one of favorite James Allen quotes as it lays out the secret to success in prefect form.
There you have it, the some of the best life-changing James Allen quotes we could find. Internalize these words, and apply their wisdom to your life and you’ll be amazed at the what changes. Lastly, allow these quotes to help you realize that you have the power fashion your life to your exact liking.
With that being said, we wish you much success and prosperity as you journey through life. Thanks for stopping by and please share if you enjoyed.
Until next time,