Are you the type of person who hears the word greatness, and gets goosebumps? Are you able to recognize greatness in others? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. A place for Greats in the making.
“Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.” – ShakespheareTweet Quote
You probably already know, that you don’t have to be Napoleon Bonaparte, Alexander the Great, or Achilles to be Great. The idea that you must be a conqueror of nations, a powerful leader of the masses, a genius, or an all-star athlete to be considered great is a concept that is fading.
So, If you feel like you’re not on track to becoming the next Michael Jordan, Jay Z, Cristiano Ronaldo, or Albert Einstein, please don’t fret. Because greatness is so much more than what you’ve come to know.
A New Paradigm of Greatness
Greatness is more than the examples mentioned above, it is something more than what we have all come to know, and we all have an abundance of it residing within us.
I want to suggest to you a new paradigm of greatness in this post. In other words, a different way of looking at it. A way that will encourage you to be more willing to strive for it.
Keep reading to learn about the 7 seeds or rules of greatness. Rules that you can begin to hone in on to help you unleash more of yours.
A standard understanding of the word greatness, is that it is a concept of a state of superiority affecting a person, and/or refers to a person who possesses a natural ability to be better than all others.
If you’re like me, you’ve probably always looked at greatness in the context of comparison with others. You’ve seen someone else’s grand achievements from afar, or through the lens of history, and deemed their achievements as greatness personified.
While such an approach still has merit in identifying and remembering great acts of achievement; It is method for classifying greatness that is limited.
I would argue that greatness is but a point of reference. As such, to use the achievements of others as a reference point for greatness has limits.
In my opinion, a concept of greatness that references our individual potential is far more comprehensive as a measuring stick, because it creates an ever-expanding point of reference. A reference point that is unique, personalized, and limited only by the imagination and ambition of the person considering it.
Hence, a better definition of greatness, is the greatness that you can both imagine and value in your mind. This form of greatness is your greatness, and it is something that can be realized, if you choose to realize it.
Okay, so If you are on board with what I believe to be a more relevant and unlimited concept of greatness, I’d like to provide you with some observations I’ve made to help you express more of it in your life.
Unleashing our greatness can be a simple process. All you have to do is follow some fairly simple rules that I will lay out today. I say simple, because they are simple in theory; however, make no mistake about it, they are challenging in application.
The Seeds of Greatness
If you can muster up the courage, energy, and persistence to plant the following seeds of greatness into your daily routines, you will be well on your way to becoming your greatness.
1. Be Hungry For More
The first seed of greatness is that you must be hungry for more. To truly tap into your greatness, you need to have some ambition. At a minimum, you must be driven to be better than your former self. If your greatness is the ever-expanding concept of your potential, you must have an internal urge to become your best.
As you change and grow as a person, your personal concept of greatness will change and grow as well. And so long as you are hungry and driven to realize that better you, you place yourself on the path of greatness.
Be hungry to exceed your own expectations.
2. Pay Attention
Your greatness is relevant to your imagination and your will to realize that ideal.
However; all too often we get so busy that we fail to recognize that we can become more. We let life distract us. And being distracted, stuck in the day-to-day monotony of making a living will stifle our ability to grow.
As such, a primary rule for unleashing our greatness is related to paying attention. Essentially, we must become more aware, aware of ourselves, our trajectory, our lives, and our place in it.
And to become more aware, we must practice mindfulness. So how does one practice mindfulness? Well, mindfulness can be practiced by taking time each day to think about your life. Some of the best ways to do this are the following: mediation, long-walks, solitude, and going for a drive. These are just a few ways that you can practice mindfulness, but it is by no means an exhaustive list.
3. Strive Your Face Off
If you want to reach your greatness, you are going to have put in a lot of work. You must plant the seed in your mind, that greatness requires effort. Know, that your best self will not appear out of the blue just because you can imagine it.
Michael Jordan practiced 5 to 7 hours a day throughout his life. He had to train and practice to show up as the person we’ve all come to admire.
Pablo Picasso painted 13,500 paintings, created at least 100,000 graphic prints and engravings, produced 34,000 book illustrations, and designed over 300 sculptures.
Prolific writer, Paulo Coelho has written 34 books since 1974, and wrote 4 books in one year alone.
Bringing your best self into the world will be no different. It is going to take hours and hours of practice and tons of action and extra effort to make it happen.
Just like metal needs forging to be formed into a desired shape, so too will your greatness require concentrated effort to mold and make.
Habitual experimenting is a seed of greatness. Some of the best inventions, recipes, and businesses have come to existence due to experimentation.
As you’ve probably already know, it took Thomas Edison over 1,000 experiments before he realized his vision of the working lightbulb.
Henry Ford experimented with businesses and had 5 businesses fail before one took off.
Similarly, the delicious meals and drinks we get to enjoy at our favorite restaurants are the results of endless experimentations.
All in all, if we want to unleash our greatness, we must be willing to try new things, take different approaches, we must be willing to experiment.
5. Quantity Vs. Quality
This rule is related to the last two, but it is different as it relates to not just taking action, but to ensuring that we are shipping or completing our creations. It is necessary that you get your talents, ideas, and gifts out there to benefit the world.
To realize your greatness, you must get bits of it out into the world. Not just for the sake of getting something out there, but in order that it may serve other people.
The more we can put out into the world, the better. Sure, some of our ideas, creations, or whatever it is we are delivering to the world may not be of the highest quality at first. But, you can always (and should eventually strive to) improve quality over time.
The most important part is just getting your great works out there. Because the quality of what you have to offer the world will improve as you provide it. So, start shipping your greatness today!
6. Always Be Learning
ABL; Always Be Learning, is the next seed of greatness. One of the easiest ways to become more, is to learn more. The more we learn, the larger our capacity for growth becomes.
Why you ask? Well, recall the new and improved way of looking at greatness that was mentioned earlier. The one that was greatness “as a personalized reference point, limited only by the imagination and ambition of the person considering it.” In doing so, notice the words “limited only by the imagination” of the person considering it.
Well, when we learn more, our ability to comprehend and imagine what is possible grows. And as our imagination grows, so to does our capacity to serve in a great way. As such, continual learning is vital to reaching your greatness.
7. Time Travel
This next seed of greatness may seem crazy, but bare with me. Yes, I am serious, Time Travel is the 7th seed of greatness. Just here me out, and suspend your disbelief for a few seconds. With that being said, if you time travel, you will position yourself to realize more of your greatness. Of course, I am not talking about actual time travel here, (which would be cool) but rather, I am talking about travelling through time in your mind.
In other words, time travel as it relates to our ability to look forward into the future using our imagination alone.
To time travel in this sense, try to envision yourself as the greatest at what you have a passion for doing. Try to envision the best version of yourself, or your ideal self in the near future.
When you do this, you’ll be stretching your mind and creating a void to be filled in by action. The action that is necessary for building the foundation that your future greatest self will soon rest upon.
Time travel in this sense can also help you make those big life altering decisions easier. Jeff Bezos once mentioned a form of mental time travel he used to tap his greatness, but he called it a ‘regret minimization framework.’
In his example, he projected himself forward to the age of 80 and asked himself a series of questions at that point, on what he would or wouldn’t regret. The answers that came to him are what propelled him to act on those ideas that were most aligned with his greatness.
And if you know anything about Jeff Bezos, you’ll know he made the right choice. A choice that unleashed a multi-billion-dollar business empire.
So, if you want to fortify your capacity for greatness, close your eyes and take a leap into your imagined future.
Bonus Seed of Greatness: Focus on Your Contributions
This last seed of greatness is probably one of the most important. It is also the seed that just about anyone can make up their mind to improve upon. At the same time, it is oddly forsaken by most people. So what’s this last seed of greatness? Simply put, it is to increase your contribution to others.
The great business philosopher Jim Rohn said it best, when he stated: “Find a way to serve the many, for service to many leads to greatness.” That’s right, service to others leads to greatness. If you can find a way to increase your contribution to others, you’ll simultaneously be increasing your greatness.
The great news is, the more you focus on what your contributions, the better they’ll be, the more you’ll be helping others, and as a result, the greater you’ll become. So, become a contributor, focus on serving others and doings so to the best of your ability, and you’ll be hopping on the fast-track to greatness.
To live one’s greatest life….to achieve one’s greatness, a lot of hard work will be involved, a lot of discipline as well. Determination is going to be needed, you will without a doubt, need to tap new levels of courage.
Failure will happen, and you’ll have to show some serious resolve! But, if you’ll simply start sowing your seeds of greatness, everything will change for you.
Repetition is the mother of skill and the father of action…. as such, here’s a quick recap on the 7 seeds of greatness:
- Be Hungry For More
- Pay Attention
- Strive Hard
- Focus on Execution
- Always Be Learning
- Visualize Your Best Self & Future
- Bonus: Focus on Service and Giving Value
When you begin baking these 7 Seeds of Greatness into your pursuits, you will be poised to unleash your greatness, and with that, your amazing future.
Till next time…
P.S. – If you enjoyed this article on the various seeds of greatness, then you’ll love this post on How to Become Above Average.
HOW TO WRITE A STRONG COVER LETTER IN UNDER 5 MINUTES TO LAND THE JOB OF YOUR DREAMS
Cover letters (a.k.a. letters of motivation) are seen by some as a nuisance that take up huge amounts of time during the job application process. For others, it’s seen as a way to stand out from the crowd and increase your chances of getting hired. So, deciding on whether or not you want to use a cover letter is completely up to you, but keep in mind, that aside from having strong customizable resume, the next best tactic to boost your chances of getting a job (according to livecareer.com) is to have a strong cover letter.
Now, we know crafting a strong cover letter can be quite time-consuming, even more so if you’re mass-applying to dozens of different job positions. However, many employers still require a cover letter to be considered for a job role. And if you are applying for the job of your dreams, writing a strong cover letter is something that should never be skipped.
Crafting a Strong Cover Letter
So, to make this task easier and allow you to craft strong custom cover letters for each of the companies that you’re applying to, we’ve prepared this step-by-step guide for fast cover letter creation.
This guide will enable you to:
- increase your chances of landing your dream job
- save you time during the job application process
- allow you to apply for multiple positions in a shorter period of time
- wow your potential employer with a tailor-made cover letter
Template Your Personal Info and Contact Details
One of the first things you can do to streamline your custom cover letter creation process is to template your personal information and contact details. For example, your personal info at the top of the cover letter should be something you never type in manually more than once.
So, what you’ll want to do is create a ready-made template and simply paste it into every cover letter you start writing.
You should include:
- your name
- your phone number
- your email address
It’s also good to include:
- your address
- a link to your LinkedIn/Facebook profile
- chat messenger usernames (Skype and others)
- a link to your portfolio (if you have one)
It may seem that typing these details manually every time will not be so time-consuming, but when you start, you will see that it can actually takes up to 5 minutes to even start – while a simple CTRL + C combined with CTRL + V actions steps only takes a second or two.
Warp-Speed Research About The Company
If you’re applying to several companies, doing thorough research about each one of them can take ages. This doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t research the company you’re applying to, but it’s more time-effective to do it in more detail after you’re invited for an interview.
In a cover letter, most employers want to know more about you, but showing that you’ve done some research about the company will show motivation and ambition. On the other hand, including a 500-word avalanche of company research will not impress many employers.
To speed up your research process, simply go to the company website and look at their general value proposition, or go to their “Mission and Vision” statement if they have one. Then, use the company accomplishments they’re most proud of and include it in your cover letter, like this:
“I read that XYZ Inc. is the number #1 company in the XYZ industry with over X employees, which is why I’m motivated to join your team and…”
Cut Back on CV Information
Some job applicants believe that a cover letter is just a resume that’s more verbose and that doesn’t use bullet points. In other words, applicants think that it’s their task to include all of the information about their professional history in their cover letter.
Well, that’s precisely what the resume is for. The cover letter’s task is to show why you’re motivated for that company, that industry, that position (hence the synonym letter of motivation).
To save time both for you and the HR expert who will be reviewing your cover letter, don’t reiterate the info that you have already made clear on your resume.
You can also add a sentence such as:
“For more details about my career, professional history and achievements, you can refer to the resume I’ve attached.“
Show That You Understand What The Position is About
Unlike research about the company itself, employers actually expect that you have a thorough understanding of what the job role you’re applying to is all about.
To cover all their requirements and show that you’re skilled for the job, while saving a lot of time doing it, you can simply refer to the “Requirements” section in their job ad.
This is usually presented in bullet points, so you can simply take those requirements from their ad and explain, with real-life examples, how and why you fulfill them.
Here’s an example from a recent Amazon job ad looking for a Communications Program Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related field (Journalism, Marketing Communication, Public Relations or related field and / or related work experience in the area of Communications and Change Management).
- 6+ years of communications experience including internal communications-focused experience.
- Experience in providing counsel to, and working with senior executives.
- Experience working with virtual teams.
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions and recommendations.
- Experience leading communications programs in a multinational business.
- Experience leading social media employee engagement programs/campaigns.
Now, if you want to get down to brass tacks and show you have all these qualifications without spending a lot of time, simply include this text in your cover letter. After every bullet, exemplify how you fulfill that particular requirement. If you don’t, you can include plans for professional improvement in the near future that will show the employer you’re ready to go the extra mile to fit into the job position.
This will show the employer that you know how to differentiate between the important and the irrelevant and that you know how to cut to the chase without cliché phrases and ambiguous corporate humble-brags. But most importantly, it will help you deliver a strong cover letter, vs. a weak one.
Make Realistic and Straightforward Promises
Many job applicants make the mistake of talking too much about themselves as someone with a professional past completely unrelated to the company or even industry.
When you’re writing a cover letter, your task is, among others, to explain why you should get hired for that exact role and what you plan on doing when you do get hired.
However, beware of making false promises. For example, don’t include “willingness to travel” if it’s going to turn out you don’t actually want to travel for work due to your family. Don’t say that you’re “not afraid to take responsibility” if you don’t want to be in charge of a team.
If creating a strong cover letter is important to you, then you’ll want to be sure you show the employer exactly what you plan to achieve within your first week, month and year on the position.
Lastly, you’ll want to be sure you end your cover letter strong. You don’t have to spend too much time on this aspect of your cover letter; however, it’s important to keep in the back of your mind that having a proper and powerful end to your cover letter is critical.
So, aim to make a lasting impression with a powerful ending to your cover letter. Here are a few powerful ways to end a cover letter:
- Summarize Your Strengths. You don’t need to rehash everything you’ve covered about yourself in the body of the cover letter, but you’ll want to make sure you include one or two of your standout strengths in the closing of your cover letter to make it pop.
- Exude Confidence. Hiring managers can sense how confident you are by the words you use and how you use them. So, be sure you aren’t using passive language in your closing, and strive to sound assertive and sure of yourself to wrap up your cover letter.
- Show Gratitude. Lastly, be polite and say thank you. By showing gratitude you’ll come across as someone who the hiring managers will be excited to speak with and potentially work with. Gratitude shows awareness and that you’ll likely make for a good team player.
In short, finish strong by summarizing your strengths, writing with confidence, and conveying gratitude, and you’ll have a powerful end to what has become a really strong cover letter.
Final Thoughts on How to Write a Strong Custom Cover Letter
Considering the current state of the economy, there are no shortages of people looking for employment. As such, it is more important than ever to be able to create a lasting impression with your future employer and stand out from the crowd.
Our hope, is that the suggestions in this post will help you increase the speed at which you can create your custom cover letters without sacrificing quality.
So, with that being said, we wish you luck in your quest for landing your dream job. Use these cover letter tips to build the strong cover letters that get people hired, and you’ll be that much more ahead of your competition.
Till next time,
PS – If you enjoyed this article, then you’ll probably love these article on How to Get Rich With a Normal Job
50+ INSPIRATIONAL MASTER P QUOTES FOR SUCCESS
Percy Miller, or Master P as most people know him, is one of the most successful hip hop icons of all-time. He’s the mastermind behind ‘No Limit Records’, a record label which dominated the hip hop and rap scenes throughout the 90’s and early 2000’s. He’s also a savvy investor, businessman, and a multi-millionaire who’s been growing his business empire for over two-decades now. Needless to say, Master P knows and understands success. As such, we’ve decided to round up some of the most inspiring and insightful Master P quotes.
Our hope is that these quotes will inspire you to hustle and build your own empire just like Master P. And at the very least, give you a greater appreciation for some of the thought processes that have helped P achieve the extraordinary success he now enjoys. So, if you’re ready to be inspired, let’s dive right in.
MASTER P QUOTES FOR SUCCESS
1. “I’m tired of people running with me. Don’t run with me anymore — push me, push me. Tell me not to give up. Tell me not to stop. Tell me not to quit.” – Master P
2. “I tell people, ‘Everybody has 24 hours. What you are doing with your 24 hours will dictate your life, your future, and what you have, and your friends and the people around you will dictate the same thing.” – Master P
3. “I could tell who you are by the people you hang around with. I tell people all of the time, ‘I’d rather fly with the eagles than walk with the pigeons.’ And sometimes, eagles have to fly alone — most of the time, they fly alone.” – Master P
4. “Everybody won’t believe in your dreams and goals. When I was growing up, a lot of people told me, ‘Man, you ain’t going to make it.’ Even people close to me said, ‘That s**t ain’t going to work.” – Master P
5. “I kept going, I believed in myself.” – Master P
6. “Ownership is one thing, but control is the most important thing because you can’t own everything.” – Master P
7. “If you prepare the next generation with the right mindset, you don’t have to worry about changing things yourself. My kids don’t have to make the same mistakes that I made, and they are able to get a great education right off top.” – Master P
8. “You can get money back, but you can’t get time — time is so valuable. Spending that time with your kids is what’s going to program or prepare them for the future.” – Master P
9. “We’ve got to stop a lot of the self-hate that we do as a culture because it’s all about celebrating one another. That’s the only way we’re going to build economic empowerment by having great businesses, but also being able to give back.” – Master P
10. “Work hard and never make excuses.” – Master P
11. “Cars are a liability. Jewelry — a lot of the time — is a liability. It may make you feel good and it has street credibility, but it doesn’t have any real value in the real world.” – Master P
12. “I never said I was broke, I’ve always said, ‘The money is in the mill, it’s coming.'” – Master P
13. “So when we start to change our mindset, it becomes extremely difficult to spend money on liabilities. Once you’ve become educated on assets, you look at everything as an opportunity.” – Master P
14. “I think my thing is I grew up in the ghetto, and I was able to get a second chance. That’s what I’m trying to tell kids.” – Master P
15. “You have to be committed to what you do. Everybody thinks it’s about the money. Nobody really gave me anything, but, I was committed to what I believed in.” – Master P
“You have to be committed to what you do. Everybody thinks it’s about the money. Nobody really gave me anything, but, I was committed to what I believed in.” – Master P
“You have to be committed to what you do. Everybody thinks it’s about the money. Nobody really gave me anything, but, I was committed to what I believed in.” – Master PTweet Quote
16. “How does hating get started? It’s started by the jealous people, and they get mad over the things you have.” – Master P
17. “People do look up to me and it makes me feel good. I made it out of a bad situation and I didn’t mind bettering myself and I think that is what people respect. Most people go back but I was able to look at the big picture.” – Master P
18. “I feel like God blessed me to be successful and to have a couple of more things that a lot of people of where I come from didn’t have or didn’t see, but it ain’t always about me. It’s about empowering the next generation so that’s what I love doing.” – Master P
19. “Diversify. You spread out because you never know when it’s going to end. Business is like a seesaw going up and down. When one goes down, I have the other one going up. You have to think like that if you want to survive.” – Master P
20. “Understand the game, but make your own moves.” – Master P
21. “I want to be like Muhammad Ali. He went out there and made a lot of money, he fought hard in the ring, and he fought for our people outside of the ring.” – Master P
22. “I tell people, if you get in a business, you need to know everything about your business. You need to know what the janitor is doing. You need to know what the guy who’s cooking the burgers is doing. You need to know what the mailroom is doing. You need to know everything about your business to be successful.” – Master P
23. “I feel like it’s okay for us to grow up because a lot of us want to get rich and die young. I want to get rich and die old.” – Master P
24. “I think you’ve got good people and bad people in everything you do. If you start making a big deal of it, then it’s a problem. It’s like in life. We’ve got bad doctors and lawyers. We’ve got bad priests! We don’t target every priest and say he’s bad. You have to go to church and you have to go see some doctors. Some people have to be good.” – Master P
25. “It’s my passion that drove me to like get better and better like an athlete in a gym.” – Master P
“It’s my passion that drove me to like get better and better like an athlete in a gym.” – Master PTweet Quote
26. “I think my thing is I grew up in the ghetto, and I was able to get a second chance. That’s what I’m trying to tell kids.” – Master P
27. “I don’t need to get my due; I get my money.” – Master P
28. “I think everybody has a good and bad side.” – Master P
29. “You can’t choose your family but you can choose your friends. Life is like a seesaw, it goes up and it goes down. If people are only around you when you’re up then those are not true friends. In order for you to rise higher, you have to end the relationships that limit you and don’t believe in you.” – Master P
30. “Product outweighs talent.” – Master P
31. “It’s called ‘putting skin in the game,’ putting your own money up first, being your own boss. That’s how I got the power: I put up my own marketing money.” – Master P
32. “Everybody needs love. There are a lot of guys that you think are hard-core gangsters, but all these guys’ weaknesses are women. Look at the movie Scarface. At the end of the day, all he wanted to do was to have kids with his woman.” – Master P
33. “I want to be able to take care of my family.” – Master P
34. “I’m keen on building generational wealth by instilling values in my seven children. I share money lessons with my children. However, above all things, I stress the importance of building a foundation on faith and family.” – Master P
35. “Find that person to push you. Life is a marathon. You got to find that person that’s going to push you, instead of running with people that’s just running with you. If you want to be successful, you have to find somebody that’s going to push you all the way over the finish line.” – Master P
“Find that person to push you. Life is a marathon. You got to find that person that’s going to push you, instead of running with people that’s just running with you. If you want to be successful, you have to find somebody that’s going to push you all the way over the finish line.” – Master PTweet Quote
36. “Surround yourself with people who build you up and inspire you. If you are the smartest person in your circle, you need to make new friends who are smarter than you and who will challenge you without judging you.” – Master P
37. “People are in your life for a reason or a season.” – Master P
38. “Education is key. It’s about giving our people the blueprint. We can’t change the past but we change the future by educating our culture.” – Master P
39. “Fly with the eagles and leave the hawks. Essentially, you become like your circle of friends, so choose wisely.” – Master P
40. “Choose the people you call friends wisely.” – Master P
41. “Everyone has 24 hours, you’re either going to walk with the pigeons or fly with the Eagles.” – Master P
42. “How you invest your time determines your success.” – Master P
43. “I turned down $1 million though I had $500 left in my bank account. I knew if Interscope were willing to pay $1 million, I could make $40 million if I figured out how to own my talent.” – Master P
44. “The first key to success is awareness. Before making any life-altering changes, you must become completely aware of your individual circumstances.” – Master P
45. “Nobody has the power to change the past, but we all have the power to change our future. Hard work pays off!” – Master P
“Nobody has the power to change the past, but we all have the power to change our future.” Hard work pays off!” – Master PTweet Quote
46. “Don’t be afraid to start your own business, you have to take a chance.” – Master P
47. “Don’t be afraid to grow up. Don’t be afraid to make the right investments, and don’t be afraid to invest in yourself.” – Master P
48. “I learned that no matter what your present circumstances look like, you can take yourself wherever you want to go if you can visualize a brighter future through the eyes of faith.” – Master P
49. “Anything is possible if you can first perceive it, then believe it, and finally, refuse to give up until you achieve it.” – Master P
50. “Knowledge is more important than money.” – Master P
51. “People should be praying for wisdom, not for money. If you got the wisdom and the knowledge you can do whatever you want to do.” – Master P
52. “I tell people, it’s not how you start, it’s how you finish.” – Master P
53. “It’s not what you have or how much you have, but what you do with what you have that determines your success or lack of it.” – Master P
54. “Success comes in levels; it’s not a once in a lifetime event.” – Master P
55. “I named myself Master P, because I wanted to master whatever I do.” – Master P
Bonus Master P Quote
Bonus: Alright, here is one of our favorite Master P quotes. We added it as bonus, because we stand behind it, and believe it to be 100% true. If it’s worked for Master P, it can work for you.
Related: Master P Success Story
Great job making it to the end of these powerful Master P quotes! We hope you’ve gained a few valuable insights about the hip hop mogul, marketing genius, and business icon known as Master P.
But more importantly, we hope his wise words have inspired you to believe that you too can go out and conquer your own little slice of the world, just as he has.
Till you reach you aims,
100+ INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES ABOUT SUCCESS AND ACHIEVEMENT
There are no shortcuts to success, but that doesn’t mean success is not obtainable. Sure, the journey is always longer, more difficult, and time consuming than we initially anticipate. But, just like everything else in life, that which is fought for most vigorously is cherished most ardently.
So, to help you embrace the challenge of achieving the success you seek, and overcoming the obstacles you’ll face as you strive to achieve more in your life, we’ve rounded up some of the best quotes about success and achievement. May they help you succeed in the face of failure, and achieve all of your dreams.
BEST QUOTES ON SUCCESS AND ACHIEVEMENT
1. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success is more important than any other one thing.” – Abraham Lincoln
2. “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston S. Churchill
3. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
“Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” – Henry David ThoreauTweet Quote
4. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
5. “Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein
6. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
“Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston ChurchillTweet Quote
7. “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.” – Steve Jobs
8. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
9. “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
10. “Success comes to those who become success conscious.” – Napoleon Hill
11. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
12. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
13. “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
14. “Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard at it.” – Napoleon Hill
15. “All successes begin with self-discipline. It starts with you.” – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
16. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas EdisonTweet Quote
17. “The secret of success is to do the common thing uncommonly well.” – John D. Rockefeller Jr.
18. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
19. “The secret to success is to know something nobody else knows.” – Aristotle Onassis
20. “Average people have wishes and hopes. Successful people have goals.” – Achievement Quote
“Average people have wishes and hopes. Successful people have goals.” – Achievement QuoteTweet Quote
21. “Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period.” – Lou Holtz
22. “For every reason it’s not possible, there are hundreds of people who have faced the same circumstances and succeeded.” – Jack Canfield
23. “The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vince Lombardi
24. “Your level of success is determined by your level of discipline and perseverance.” – Anonymous
25. “Success is a matter of understanding and religiously practicing specific simple habits that always lead to success.” – Robjert J. Ringer
26. “Success doesn’t just happen. You have to be intentional about it, and that takes discipline.” – John C. Maxwell
“Success doesn’t just happen. You have to be intentional about it, and that takes discipline.” – John C. MaxwellTweet Quote
27. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
28. “The twin killers of success are impatience and greed.” – Jim Rohn
29. “The successful person has the habit of doing the things failures don’t like to do. They don’t like doing them either necessarily. But their disliking is subordinated to the strength of their purpose.” – E.M. Gray
30. “The path to success is to take massive determined action.” – Tony Robbins
31. “Success is measured by your discipline and inner peace.” – Mike Ditka
32. “In the end, the money and success that truly last come not to those who focus on such things as goals, but rather to those who focus on mastery and fulfilling their Life’s Task.” – Robert Greene
33. “I could only achieve success in my life through self-discipline, and I applied it until my wish and my will became one.” – Nikola Tesla
“I could only achieve success in my life through self-discipline, and I applied it until my wish and my will became one.” – Nikola TeslaTweet Quote
34. “If one advances confidently in the direction of one’s dreams, and endeavors to live the life which one has imagined, one will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” – Henry David Thoreau
35. “What really makes successful entrepreneurs is not the nature of their idea, or the university they went to , but their actual character – their willingness to adapt their ideas and take advantage of possibilities they had not first imagined.” – Robert Greene
36. “Where success is concerned, people are not measured in inches, or pounds, or college degrees, or family background: they are measured by the size of their thinking.” – David J. Schwartz
“Where success is concerned, people are not measured in inches, or pounds, or college degrees, or family background: they are measured by the size of their thinking.” – David J. SchwartzTweet Quote
37. “You will never have a greater or lesser dominion than that over yourself…the height of a man’s success is gauged by his self-mastery; the depth of his failure by his self-abandonment. …And this law is the expression of eternal justice. He who cannot establish dominion over himself will have no dominion over others.” – Leonardo da Vinci
Quotes About Success and Achievement
You’re just about halfway through these success quotes. Hopefully they are filling your head with the inspiration and motivation you’ll need to overcome the obstacles that are keeping you from your success at the moment.
This next section puts even more focus on quotes about success and achievement. We hope the quotes, along with the supporting links throughout the page, truly motivates you to keep moving forward on your dreams.
38. “Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day.” – Jim Rohn
39. “Disciplined, consistent, and persistent actions are more of a determining factor in the creation of success than any other combination of things.” – Grant Cardone
40. “Success is a pile of failure that you are standing on.” – Dave Ramsey
41. “Success is actually a short race – a sprint fueled by discipline just long enough for habit to kick in and take over.” – Gary Keller
42. “We are all self-made, but only the successful will admit it.” – Earl Nightingale
43. “You can think your way to failure and unhappiness, but you can also think your way to success and happiness.” – Norman Vincent Peale
“You can think your way to failure and unhappiness, but you can also think your way to success and happiness.” – Norman Vincent PealeTweet Quote
44. “I start early and I stay late, day after day, year after year, it took me 17 years and 114 days to become an overnight success.” – Lionel Messi
45. “Unsuccessful people suffer a mind-deadening thought disease. We call this disease excusitis.” – David J. Schwartz
46. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. ” – Vince Lombardi
“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. ” – Vince LombardiTweet Quote
47. “Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” – Benjamin Franklin
48. “Believe in yourself and have faith in your abilities! Without humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
49. “If one does not possess persistence, one does not achieve noteworthy success in any calling.” – Napoleon Hill
50. “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
51. “The path to success will leave you callused, bruised, and very tired. It will also leave you empowered.” – David Goggins
52. “At the end of the day, you are solely responsible for your success and your failure. And the sooner you realize that, you accept that, and integrate that into your work ethic, you will start being successful. As long as you blame others for the reason you aren’t where you want to be, you will always be a failure.” – Erin Cummings
53. “Great achievers are driven, not so much by the pursuit of success but by the fear of failure.” – Larry Ellison
“Great achievers are driven, not so much by the pursuit of success but by the fear of failure.” – Larry EllisonTweet Quote
54. “Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
55. “The keys to success are patience, persistence, and obsessive attention to detail.” – Jeff Bezos
56. “Work hard in silence, let success be your noise.” – Achievement Quote
57. “Success isn’t just about what you accomplish in your life: it’s about what you inspire others to do.” – Success Quote
58. “Who you are tomorrow begins with what you do today “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
59. “Achievement seems to be connected with action. Successful men and women keep moving. The make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
60. “I never dreamed of success, I worked for it.” – Estee Lauder
61. “Success is not an activity, but a process.” – Success and Achievement Quote
62. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
63. “Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get” – W.P. Kinsella
64. “Successful people begin where failures leave off. Never settle for ‘just getting the job done.’ Excel!” – Tom Hopkins
65. “I know the price of success: dedication, hard work and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
66. “Victory is sweetest when you’ve known defeat.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
67. “When you go in search of honey, you must expect to be stung by bees.” – Joseph Joubert
68. “Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
69. “Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
70. “I attribute my success to this – I never gave or took any excuse.” – Florence Nightingale
“I attribute my success to this – I never gave or took any excuse.” – Florence NightingaleTweet Quote
71. “Learning and innovation go hand in hand. The arrogance of success is to think that what you did yesterday will be sufficient for tomorrow.” – William Pollard
72. “Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person you become.” – Jim Rohn
73. “Don’t mistake activity with achievement.” – John Wooden
74. “Success or failure depends more upon attitude than upon capacity successful men act as though they have accomplished or are enjoying something. Soon it becomes a reality. Act, look, feel successful, conduct yourself accordingly, and you will be amazed at the positive results.” – William James
75. “The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” – Mark Caine
76. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
77. “You can do whatever you set your mind to if you just roll up your sleeves, get in there, and do it. everything is figureoutable.”
78. “The key to realizing a dream is to focus not on success but significance.” – Oprah Winfrey
79. “If you want to achieve greatnes stop asking for permission.” – Anonymous
80. “The key to success is to start before you’re ready.” – Marie Forleo
81. “Success is usually the culmination of controlling failures.” – Sylvester Stallone
82. “Success takes communication, collaboration, and sometimes failure.” – Jessica Alba
83. “Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win.” – Rihanna
84. “All good ideas start out as bad ideas, that’s why it takes so long.” – Steven Spielberg
85. “Be a lot, do a lot, do a lot have a lot. ” – Myron Golden
86. “The key to success is failure.” – Michael Jordan
87. “That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.” – Abraham Lincoln
88. “I’d have to say hard work and dedication are the cornerstones of success, and if you believe in yourself, even when others are doubting you, and society is pushing you down, it’s important to have that self-belief in yourself.” – Serena Williams
89. “Faith will get you to a point. Luck will get you to a point. But to achieve the kind of success you dream about, you need to work. There are no shortcuts, you can’t cheat life, just get to work and don’t stop until you reach your highest potential.” – Denzel Washington
90. “If you avoid failure, you also avoid success.” – Robert Kiyosaki
91. “Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.” – Mario Andretti
92. “It doesn’t matter how many times you fail. You only have to be right once and then everyone can tell you that you are an overnight success.” – Mark Cuban
93. “Ambition is the first step to success. The second step is action.” – Mel Robbins
94. “That ability to control your thoughts ultimately will lead to success whatever your line of work is, because you have to be able to see what you want to have happen.” – Phil Mickelson
95. “Dream big. Start small. But most of all, start.” – Simon Sinek
96. “Learn from failure. If you are an entrepreneur and your first venture wasn’t a success, welcome to the club.” – Richard Branson
“Learn from failure. If you are an entrepreneur and your first venture wasn’t a success, welcome to the club.” – Richard BransonTweet Quote
97. “Sometimes a winner is just a dreamer who never gave up.” – Michael Jordan
98. “Success occurs when opportunity meets preparation” – Zig Ziglar
99. “The people who are successful decide they are going to be successful. They make that choice. And they make other choices. They decide to study hard. They decide to work hard. They decide to be the first person to get to work and the last to go home. They decide they are going to take on the hard jobs. Take on the challenges. They decide they are going to lead when no one else will.” – Jocko Willink
100. “Hard work and determination equals success. Nothing comes easy. Put your mind to something.” – Kevin Hart
“Hard work and determination equals success. Nothing comes easy. Put your mind to something.” – Kevin HartTweet Quote
101. “There’s a lot of blood, sweat, and guts between dreams and success.” – Paul ‘Bear’ Bryant
102. “Attitude is everything. The greatest success comes from having the freedom to fail.” – Master P
103. “I failed forward to success. I truly believe that life is a series of many attempts and many failures before we realize success. The important thing is to keep on trying.” – Mary Kay Ash
“I failed forward to success. I truly believe that life is a series of many attempts and many failures before we realize success. The important thing is to keep on trying.” – Mary Kay AshTweet Quote
104. “Today’s accomplishments were yesterday’s impossibilities.” – Robert H. Schuller
105. “I believe success is achieved by ordinary people with extraordinary determination.” – Zig Ziglar
Bonus Success Quote
Bonus: Here’s our final quote about sucess and achievement. We’ve listed here as a bonus because it sums up best what we believe is key for finding success in anything; striving.
“I can’t imagine a person becoming a success who doesn’t give this game of life everything he’s got.” – Walter CronkiteTweet Quote
Leverage These Success Quotes
Never forget what it means to be successful; for success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal. And if you are truly striving for success, you are going to have setbacks, or days where you want to give up. But, so long as you keep moving forward, and don’t ever stop reaching for your goal, you will eventually succeed.
So, leverage these success quotes when things get hard, because they will, and keep doing so until that one fine day arrives when you wake up and realize you have achieved everything you’ve ever wanted…
PS – If these enjoyed these inspirational quotes about success and achievement, then you’ll love these inspiring success stories.
HOW TO BUILD MENTAL TOUGHNESS AND STRENGTH
There is no doubt that any level of success requires mental toughness. Success doesn’t just happen, it requires specific and consistently repeated actions over time to create the results you want.
But taking those actions and getting those results is easier said than done. This is where mental toughness comes into the game.
The lack of mental toughness is what stops many people in their tracks. Many people have big dreams and goals, but somewhere along the path, things get hard, and most give up.
This is the reason why so many people who start the climb to success fail. They get all excited and get motivated to achieve their dreams, but then they get stopped in their tracks.
The reality that many don’t realize is that talking is easy, but doing the work is not.
What most don’t realize is that at some stage, your initial motivation will fade, and the people around you will disappear. Then it’s just you.
But what will you do when no one is watching? What will you do when you are struggling, and things get hard? Will you stop? Will you give up?
I don’t care how motivated you are, but at some point in your journey, you will get to a point where you will ask yourself the following questions:
Is this worth it?
What if this doesn’t work?
Maybe I should give up?
This is the fork in the road. At this point, the losers will stop and give up. The winners will push forward and go on to win.
But why do most quit? And how do the winners keep going and win? Well, this is where mental toughness comes into the game.
This article will answer why successful people win and how they use their minds to overcome whatever is in front of them. In other words, how do they build their mental toughness?
What Is Mental Toughness?
Mental toughness is the psychological ability that enables individuals, generally, to cope better than most people with the many demands that life throws at them.
They developed the ability to be more consistent and better than most people in remaining focused, confident, determined, and in control under pressure.
It’s not that these people are superhuman, it’s that they developed the ability to recognize the hardships of the situations they find themselves in but are still able to move forward no matter how bad things get.
HOW TO BUILD MENTAL TOUGHNESS
If you are reading this article, then I assume you are someone that has goals and dreams that you are determined to achieve. Therefore you know that it’s non-negotiable to have a high level of self-discipline as a lifestyle to achieve big goals.
But besides self-discipline, we need mental toughness. But you can’t just tell someone, “Build mental toughness.” You need methods that will help you build a foundation and get you moving in the right direction with momentum.
Over the years, I have studied high-level achievers in sports and elite military units and identified the key methods that help them to overcome and achieve on a consistently high level.
Today I’m going to share with you three powerful ways to start building mental toughness. Here they are:
1. Stop Negotiating With Yourself
The first way to start building mental resilience is to stop negotiating with yourself. We all have mental habits. The problem with mental habits is that most of the time we don’t know we have them.
They are certain thought patterns that we repeat without realizing it. For example, every time you think of exercise, you find a reason why it’s a better idea to postpone it. You tell yourself, “Let’s do it tomorrow.”
In other words, you start negotiating with yourself. Every human being has two parts in his mind. Think of them as the good guy and the bad guy. Or, if you want to look at it more scientifically, the old part and the new part of the human brain are always in conflict with each other.
The ancient part of the human brain, also known as the “reptilian brain”, and the newer part of your brain, also known as the logical brain, have different agendas.
The logical brain wants to achieve your goals. But every time the logical brain wants to take action, the old brain steps in and starts negotiating for something more comfortable.
The key here is to stop the negotiations immediately. Don’t even allow discussion. As soon as this “bad guy” comes up to negotiate, stop him in his tracks. This works because as soon as you realize what is happening, you can cut it off and get on with it.
The big mistake that most people make is that they think the “bad guy” is a legitimate voice that is making a legitimate argument. Now that you know what is actually happening, you can recognize it and stop it. No negotiation is allowed, just move on and start executing your goal.
2. Use The David Goggins Cookie Jar Method
One of the men that I admire most in the world is Navy SEAL David Goggins. Goggins became world famous after the release of his book “Can’t Hurt Me.”
David Goggins is arguably the toughest man on the planet, but this wasn’t always the case. He was an overweight, mediocre underachiever that turned himself into one of the most elite athletes on the planet.
One of the biggest lessons I learned from him is his Cookie Jar Method. Goggins often talks about the Cookie Jar method and how he uses it. The Cookie Jar is basically a virtual cookie jar that he goes into when his back is against the wall.
The Cookie Jar is filled with notes from a wide range of events from his past. Every note has a memory from the past. These events are things that happened to him and that he managed to overcome.
A lot of these events are painful, even though he managed to overcome them. So whenever he feels like quitting or giving up, he goes into the cookie jar and reads one of the notes.
For example, one note might read, “Remember when no one believed in you, but you still lost all the weight and went on to join the Navy Seals.”
The key to this method is to use your past pain and pleasure events to push you to overcome whatever is in front of you.
The mind is incredibly powerful if you use it effectively. This method allows us to use the pain and pleasure centers of our brains to overcome mental obstacles that are in our way.
Create your mental cookie jar. It doesn’t have to be big things, but find something to remind you of what you can do when obstacles get placed in your path. Use your past pain or pleasure, and feed on it so that it fuels you to go on and win.
3. Use The Special Operations Mind Control Method
Another method that I learned from the elite special operations community is to minimize the mountain in front of you. To understand this method, you first need to understand the context of special operations units.
If you think about the Navy Seals,75th Ranger Regiment, Green Berets, or Marine Raiders, then you are talking about some of the hardest training in the world.
It’s not just hard, it takes a long time to accomplish. Depending on the unit you go to, it could take up to 2 years to complete all training. For those brave enough to join, a mental mountain awaits them. This is the reason why so many quit.
80% of SEAL candidates quit. Many of them reach mental obstacles early in training. For example, Navy SEAL “Hell Week” is five days with only 2 hours of sleep.
Within the first day of “Hell Week,” many quit because they find themselves on a mental wake-up call when they tell themselves, “This is only day one, and I already feel like I can’t go on. How am I going to make the next five days? How Am I going to make it in the next five months?”
This is an example of mental obstacles that makes most men quit. But it’s not just in the military where we find these mental blocks.
Maybe you started a business, and within the first five months, you realize things are a lot harder than you thought they would be, so you tell yourself, “I don’t know if I can do this for another year.” So you quit.
So how do we overcome these types of mental blocks? How do we overcome these mental mountains? To answer this question, let’s go back to the Special Operations Units and their training. We mentioned the mental mountains in front of them and how it stops them.
Well, I recently listened to several Navy Seals, and Green Berets talk on a podcast about how they overcome these mental mountains.What they do is simple, they don’t allow themselves to focus on the mountain in front of them. They break it down into small achievable goals.
The Navy Seal on the podcast said that when he was going through Hell Week, he would often start thinking about quitting, but every time he did, he would tell himself something like the following:
“The sun is rising now, I’m going to make it to lunch and if I want to quit, I can do it at lunch.”
And then he would make it to lunch, and then he would tell himself the following:
“Ok, I feel like quitting, but I’m going to go until dinner and see how I feel then.”
Then when he reached dinner, he would tell himself he would make it until breakfast. He would keep repeating this until the end of the week. He would keep setting small achievable goals for himself to trick his mind to keep moving forward.
The key lesson is to not let yourself get overwhelmed by the big goals that you set for yourself. You need to train your mind to hold your big vision for yourself in the background and place your small achievable goals fresh in your mind.
Don’t get obsessed with the massive task ahead of you. Just focus on your small goals and start executing each and every one of them. That is how you win.
Most of the people that achieve great things are not naturally born superheroes. They just learned how to use their minds in such an effective way that it’s very hard for them to fail.
Mental toughness comes down to using proven methods to condition your mind to move in the direction that you want it to move.
Does this mean achieving your goals will be easy? No, but if you consistently do the work and use these methods, you will condition your mind to never give up and always be moving forward. You will put yourself in a position where you consistently achieve your goals and inevitably win.
Till you reach those aims,
PS – If you enjoyed this article on how to build mental toughness, then you’ll certainly enjoy reading these powerful mental toughness quotes.
25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS THAT ACTUALLY WORK
Have you ever came across a quote or mantra from someone that left you feeling motivated to achieve all of your dreams? Have you ever uttered the words “nothing will stop me this time,” but then all of a sudden, that urge to improve yourself or your business vanishes within just a few short days?
Well, it’s okay if this has happened to you. I believe almost all of us have been there at some point in our lives; I certainly know I have. The fact of the matter is the juice runs out. The motivation that we had after hearing those inspiring words eventually starts to run thin, leaving us with nothing but fatigue and disinterest to continue the grinding and hard work that chasing our dream requires.
Fortunately not all mantras have this effect. Some mantras actually work. There have been numerous amounts of famous people who have had accredited their success to a daily mantra. For instance, Steve Jobs would wake up every morning and ask: “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?” Ben Franklin would wake up everyday and ask the question: “What good shall I do today?”
So to help you stay motivated to continue chasing all of your dreams, I’ve compiled a list of the 25 best motivational mantras for success that will actually work for you long term.
Here they are:
25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS FOR SUCCESS THAT WORK
Mantra 1: You Didn’t Come This Far to Only Come This Far
This is one of the best motivational mantras as it is a great reminder of how far we have come. By waking up every morning and repeating this mantra, you remind yourself of all the success that you have had in your life and that you are ready to tackle the day.
Without a doubt, this mantra for success will help us realize that if we were to quit, as we all have a tendency to do from time to time, how much we would actually be giving up.
Mantra 2: You Get What You Focus On
This mantra keeps our minds focused on what is important. So often we have a tendency to fall into the trap of having very negative thoughts, or constantly watching negative news feeds, both of which can ultimately consumes us.
New York Times bestselling author Marcus Buckingham’s once stated, “What you focus on expands.” So, keep this quote in mind when you use this success mantra. And, if repeated daily, how it can help you create thoughts of positivity and success in your life, every day of your life.
Mantra 3: You Can Find an Excuse or You Can Find a Way
In every crisis, you have two options: keep going or give up. Usually, if we choose to keep going we are able to overcome whatever obstacle lies before us. However, if we choose to make excuses for our misfortunes or every minor setback, we ultimately may end up throwing in the towel.
So, use this motivational mantra for success to dust off when life tries to knock you down and KMF(Keep Moving Forward).
Mantra 4: Wake Up. Kick Ass. Be Kind
I love the simplicity of this mantra. Despite its simplicity however, it says it all. The ultimate goal in life is to be the best at whatever it is we do, which in return brings us satisfaction. But what brings us true lasting happiness however, is being kind.
Mantra 5: I’m Doing This for Me
All too often in life we get crippled by our fear of what other people think. We are often times so consumed with keeping others happy that we forget to chase our own aspirations. This mantra is not intended to promote selfishness, but to remind us that the best and only way to truly help others is to help ourselves first.
You matter, your dreams, goals and aspirations matter. So use this affirmation to remind yourself that its okay to do you.
Mantra 6: Action Conquers Fear
One of the pithiest yet powerful motivational mantras. This is one is a very simple, short and straight to the point mantra that says it all. Fear keeps us from achieving our dreams.
Overcoming fear often times requires action. Action can sometimes involve risk. But, the more often you force yourself to put yourself out there, the closer you’ll get to overcoming all that you fear.
Mantra 7: Yesterday You Said Tomorrow
How many times have you said “I’ll do it tomorrow.” One of our worst enemies is the notion that we have more time than we actually do. The best time to start is now. So, live in the moment and chase all of your dreams while you still can.
Mantra 8: Don’t Wish for It, Work for It
This mantra for success has the ability to get you out of your head anytime you drift off into the world of what could be. You know what you want, so there is no time for daydreaming about it. Instead, get to work. The difference between success and failure is the action that you take today.
Mantra 9: Excellence Does Not Require Perfection
When we are passionate about something, whether it be fitness, business, etc., failure and imperfections can drive us crazy. This mantra reminds us to not chase perfection, but instead excellence, so we can realize that failure is a big – if not the biggest – component of success.
Mantra 10: Our Intentions Create Our Reality
Believe it or not, we get exactly what we want in life, and we get exactly what we intend to get. The problem, however, is our thoughts are so negative that that’s what we bring into our life: negativity.
So, deploy this effective mantra for success. Start thinking positive and have the intentions of being great, and before you know it, you will be.
Mantra 11: If You’re Tired of Starting Over, Stop Giving Up
This is so true. I believe it is much easier to make something out of what you already have then to give up on all that you have accomplished and start over again in six months. If something isn’t quite working, make adjustments – but never give up.
Mantra 12: Know Your Limitations, and Defy Them
One of the most important aspects of success is knowing your limitations. When you know what you are weak at, you are able to come up with a plan to overcome those weaknesses. Don’t shy away from your weakness, but instead overcome all that you may struggle with.
Mantra 13: One Year Equals 365 Possibilities
I like this mantra because it insists that you focus on one day at a time. All too often we get overwhelmed by the bigger picture when we are far away from achieving what we set out to achieve. Focus on one day at a time, and you’ll get there.
Mantra 14: You Miss 100% of The Shots You Don’t Take
This quote is famous and might be a bit of a cliche at this point, but it is true. When we fail to capitalize on opportunities, or even worse, fail to pursue them in the first place, we throw away any chance we have of that being our big moment.
Mantra 15: It’s The Start That Stops Most People
The hardest thing to do is start. Often times, we look too far ahead and only see how far away we are. Instead, we should try and just make that first step. This inspiring mantra highlights the fact that we don’t need all of the answers, but what we do need is to at least take that first step.
Mantra 16: The Best Project You’ll Ever Work On Is You
If you want to improve your business, marriage, position at your company, etc., the best way to do it is to improve yourself first. It is important to work hard at what we want to accomplish, but we must never forget to work hard at improving ourselves as well.
Mantra 17: Work Harder
Motivational mantras won’t work, unless you do. This mantra is simple and straight to the point: work harder. If we aren’t where we want to be with fitness, relationships, etc., the best solution, and sometimes the only solution, is to work harder. Working harder is never a bad solution.
Mantra 18: Things Don’t Happen to Me, They Happen for Me
This mantra will keep you following into the mentality of a victim. Where you are in life has nothing to do with luck, or fate or anything. Instead, it has everything to do with what you are allowing to happen in your life. Let things happen for you and quit waiting for things to come to you.
Mantra 19: Tough Times Don’t Last; Tough People Do
This mantra will keep you from giving up when times are tough. A tough person will always overcome tough times. So be tough and don’t give up when things aren’t going they way you expect them to go. Just continue to push on, and you’ll get to where you want to be.
Mantra 20: I Am Capable. I Am Strong. I Believe in Myself
This positive affirmation brings you to think about all the good things about yourself. In a world that can be cruel and full of negativity, this mantra allows you to block all that out so you can focus on being the best you everyday of your life.
Mantra 21: Don’t Be Afraid to Be Great
Sometimes we may think that we don’t deserve success. We may think that we weren’t born to be successful, and people who are successful are different. This couldn’t be farther from the truth and that is what this mantra affirms. You can be great, and you will be great if you persevere and work hard.
Mantra 22: You Can Have Anything You Want If You Give Up The Belief That You Can’t Have It
The mistake we fall into a lot of times is the thought that we can’t have this or can’t have that. The fact of the matter is if we work hard and dedicate ourselves, we can have anything we want. Whether it is a fitness, business or relationship goal, we can achieve it.
“You can have anything you want if you give up the belief that you can’t have it.”Tweet This Mantra
Mantra 23: Nothing Will Work Unless You Do
The beauty of life is that we can have almost anything if we work hard for it. However, this mantra helps us to realize that the opposite is true; If we don’t work, nothing will. So the next time you feel being lazy, this mantra can help you stay motivated.
Mantra 24: What Would You Attempt to Do If You Knew You Could Not Fail?
Out of all of these motivating mantras for success, this one actually allows you to actually answer it directly. Every morning when you wake up, answer this hypothetical question, and then follow through with the answer by living it out daily.
This mantra keeps us from falling into the pits of failure and allows us to go through our day with the confidence that we will succeed in whatever we aim to do.
Mantra 25: There’s Plenty of Time to Rest When You’re Dead
Although the last of these motivational mantras may seem dark, it helps us to realize that we don’t live forever. Use it to accomplish everything you ever dreamed of and hold nothing back because we are not here for forever. If you have ambitions, chase them and don’t ever rest until the goal is completed.
Don’t Be Afraid to Chase Your Dreams
“Don’t be afraid to chase your dreams. Use these 25 motivational mantras to help you go out and chase yours.” Tweet This
Hopefully these motivational mantras will move you to go out and to chase your dreams. Many, if not most, successful people in this world have a go-to mantra they refer to whenever times get tough. Some successful people will even repeat their mantra to themselves throughout each day.
I urge you to choose a success mantra, whether it be from this list or one you came up with yourself, and use it to inspire you throughout your journey.
Most importantly, remember that it isn’t the mantra that defines you, it is the action that YOU take. So be proactive and go get what rightfully belongs to you: success.
So whether your dream is to lose 20 pounds by new years, get the promotion you’ve anxiously been waiting for, or have the business you’ve been trying to grow finally take off, I encourage you to do your best to make that happen.
PS – Motivational mantras for success are highly effective, but if you really want to stay motivated to achieve your goals and dreams, this tool will keep you motivated and on track.
75+ MOTIVATIONAL MICHAEL JORDAN QUOTES FOR SUCCESS
DAVE RAMSEY’S NET WORTH + HOW HE’S BECOME SO RICH
HOW TO WRITE A STRONG COVER LETTER IN UNDER 5 MINUTES TO LAND THE JOB OF YOUR DREAMS
HOW TO BE MORE PRODUCTIVE IN LIFE BY LEVELING UP YOUR ENERGY
THE MEL ROBBINS SUCCESS STORY
75+ SELF-RELIANCE QUOTES TO INSPIRE THE DETERMINED, THE SELF-MADE, AND THE FREE
HOW TO BE FREE IN A WORLD THAT DOESN’T WANT YOU TO BE
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2022)
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE SUCCESS
20 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-CONFIDENCE AND IMPROVE SELF-ESTEEM (2022)
25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS THAT ACTUALLY WORK
100+ BADASS HARD WORK QUOTES TO FIRE UP YOUR WORK ETHIC
100+ PURPOSE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
100 INSPIRING COURAGE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FEEL COURAGEOUS
HOW TO MAKE MONEY WHILE YOU SLEEP AND NOT WORK UNTIL YOU DIE
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. If you’ve ever asked yourself,...
10 REASONS BUILDING AN ONLINE BUSINESS IS A GOOD INVESTMENT
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. Have you ever asked yourself,...
5 MILLIONAIRE SUCCESS HABITS THAT CAN ACTUALLY MAKE YOU RICH
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. These days anyone can become...
BEST HEATH OPTIMIZER APP AND DIGITAL FITNESS PROGRAMS
This health optimizer app review may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. Are you...
Self-Discipline7 months ago
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2022)
Quotes11 months ago
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE SUCCESS
Confidence10 months ago
20 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-CONFIDENCE AND IMPROVE SELF-ESTEEM (2022)
Motivation4 weeks ago
25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS THAT ACTUALLY WORK
Motivation1 year ago
100 INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
Quotes11 months ago
100+ BADASS HARD WORK QUOTES TO FIRE UP YOUR WORK ETHIC
Inspiration3 months ago
100+ PURPOSE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
Quotes2 years ago
55 POWER QUOTES TO HELP YOU FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS
Confidence11 months ago
100 INSPIRING COURAGE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FEEL COURAGEOUS
Quotes2 years ago
NO GUTS, NO GLORY
Quotes11 months ago
100+ MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES TO HELP YOU NEVER GIVE UP
Motivation11 months ago
TOP 100 SUCCESS AND MOTIVATIONAL BLOGS FOR 2022