Most people are well aware of who Mahatma Gandhi is. In the rare instance that you don’t yet know of him, here is a small bit of background. Gandhi, was (and still is) one of the most inspiring and iconic figures of our time.
It is a well-known fact, that he headed a movement that essentially led to India’s independence from Britain in the early 1900’s. Gandhi’s developed a concept known as satyagraha, or active nonviolent resistance. It was through this concept that he was able to drive forward the Indian struggle for independence, and influence countless other nonviolent struggles across the globe.
Much has already been written about Gandhi and his achievements. There have been dozens of other articles, research papers, and books written about him. A simple internet search will bring you endless facts about the great man that Gandhi was.
The difference between what I am providing you now, and what others have already provided, is that I have distilled these principals into thee very powerful, and actionable insights that you can apply to your personal, professional, or business life today to improve it.
At this point, you may be asking yourself, “Why only three steps? Why not more? After all didn’t Gandhi embody so much more than just three concepts?” If these questions did pop up in your mind, just know, I sincerely agree with you.
There is so much more to learn from Gandhi than just these three things. However, to study all the different ways he was great would take a lifetime commitment.
So as to not contribute to the already existing din of info, but rather to add a perspective and focus that could be helpful to you and your life, I’ve chosen to provide these three simple lessons. Lessons simple enough that you can effortlessly take in and immediately begin to apply to your own life.
Ultimately, my purpose is to give you accessible information that’s easy to act on. By giving you only three steps, I am aiming to make the insights digestible, more memorable, and as a result, more impactful to you and your life. So without further ado, let’s begin.
1.) EXPERIMENT: Adopt an Attitude of Experimentation.
Gandhi was big on the concept of adopting an attitude of experimentation. He essentially built his whole philosophy based on this premise. By and large, Gandhi was a scientist. He constantly tested what would and would not bear close scrutiny. What this essentially means, is that he tested what worked and what didn’t work in his personal, professional, public, and political life constantly. Only after scrutinizing every one of his assumptions on why he should do things in a certain a way, would he allow himself to adopt an idea or an approach to his life as a truth.
What his suggestion means for us is that we could, like Gandhi, apply a level of openness to everything we do in our life. We could adopt an honest curiosity about whether what we are doing is the correct way that we should be doing it. This approach can apply to just about every aspect of our lives.
For instance, in our personal lives we can experiment with what actions work and which ones don’t. This can be especially true when it comes to relationships. For the things that improve our relationships, we should keep doing them, for all those things that seem to bring frustration or anger to the relationship, it won’t hurt to dig deeper to find out why, but ultimately we can experiment with ceasing to do those things entirely, and seeing how (or if) it improves the relationship.
Additionally, if we have relationships that are of a negative type, that we feel may be a source of our unhappiness, or source of some type of anxiety or frustration in our lives, we can simply experiment by approaching the relationship differently, or we can test out the avoidance of that relationship all together.
Similarly, we can experiment with our job or career. If there are things we don’t like about our job, we can simply play scientist, and try to figure out what aspects of our job are acceptable to us, and try to find a way to do more of that.
For instance, if company meetings tend to sap your energy, you can find out if it is because of the subject being discussed during the meeting, or whether it’s the time that meetings are being held. You could also test to see if it is because of some negative influencer who participates in the meetings. Once you pinpoint what is diminishing your happiness, comfort, or peace of mind, you can put your energy towards solving that problem to improve the situation.
On another note, we can experiment with leaving a job or career (choosing a completely different one) altogether, to see how that impacts our happiness and quality of life. I am not suggesting doing anything rash, but perhaps a change of scenery is what is needed. You won’t know unless you experiment.
The same can be applied in our entrepreneurial pursuits. Adopting an attitude of experimentation could be extremely helpful for many fledgling businesses. For example, entrepreneurs should be testing what marketing approaches work, and which one’s don’t, early on. Experiments should be conducted on which product concepts will most likely fly, vs. the ones that may likely crash and burn, or by experimenting to see if there is a proof of concept before a product is even launched.
Even leaders within established businesses could follow Gandhi’s lead of having an attitude of experimentation. It’s primarily a matter of being open to see what works.
Many ordinary people, professionals, entrepreneurs, and business executives alike, already know these things, but fail to recognize the impact that experimentation can have. In almost every scenario, the things that get tested are the things that improve.
2.) BELIEVE: You can shape and guide your life according to your highest ideals.
The 2nd way we could be great like Gandhi, is to simply believe. You see, Gandhi had a strong belief that anyone could shape and guide their life according to their highest ideals, no matter how insignificant and powerless they might be at this moment.
This concept can be applied in a very lofty, spiritual sense, but it can also apply to a more practical aspect of our lives as well. What he basically means, is that no matter who we are, or where we are in our lives, we can aspire for the very best that life has to offer us. We can hitch a ride on our highest ideals to bring them into existence in our own lives. What we can imagine, even the very best of what we can imagine, is not out of reach for any of us, regardless of our circumstances.
On a very practical level, this means we can control how our lives, careers, and businesses are shaped and defined. Each of us has the power to shape our lives according to those values, ideas, and ideals most important to each of us individually.
For instance, in a professional setting, if you admire an individual (professional/executive/boss etc..) for who they are, for what they do, or even for what they value, that respect can be tapped in such a way, that those things that we admire in them, can be used as a guide to shape who we become in our own careers, or how we perform as a professional.
[shareable cite=”Gandhi”]You can shape and guide your life according to your highest ideals.[/shareable]
The same can apply for those on their entrepreneurial journey. If you are a striving entrepreneur that is seeking to create a business, product, or celebrity-like status that you admire in another entrepreneur, you can simply use those entrepreneurs who you’ve deemed successful as a model. You can use them as a guide on how you may want your business, products, or reputation to develop. If you want to have a business and live a life similar to the way John Lee Dumas of eofire.com does, study his approaches, focus on his values, and aim to emulate.
Similarly, if we on the other hand, wish to be the next Jeff Bezos, we can just as easily read more about the man, study his books, his businesses, his very way of thinking. Eventually, you will come to a point, where you would have the ability to start performing in a way that would bring you closer to that ideal.
This can also play out on an inspirational or leadership type level. If we wish to be more like those who inspire us, move us, or those who help us realize that we can do more than we think ourselves capable of doing, we can start to live the inspiration of the words that come from those who move us. If we heed Gandhi’s wisdom, we can realize we have the power to create ourselves in such a way that allows us to become like the person we are most inspired by.
3.) UNDERSTAND: Personal change and the ability to bring about social change are linked.
Gandhi admonishes that it is no use trying to implement principles such as nonviolence and/or justice in public affairs, so long as one neglects them in their personal life.
Another way that we can be great like Gandhi, is to understand this concept on a deep and visceral level. This gem of wisdom is probably the most powerful of them all, yet it’s the one that is hardest to apply. It’s an insight that all too many of us have failed to understand at some time in our life. We understand the concept when we read it, but many of us fail to live the truth of this statement. We fail to apply it to our lives. Why do we fail? Well because it’s hard. Change is hard.
Gandhi’s quote “Be the change you wish to see in the world” sums it up quite nicely. He believes this, because if we don’t individually change ourselves on a deep personal level, then nothing in the outside world is ever going to change.
Here is a simple example, as it relates to managers and leaders. If you are a manager or leader, read this carefully. If we expect our employees to value being on time, and being respectful of their bosses, then we must ensure we are doing the same in our personal lives.
If in our personal lives we show up late to personal events, or bash our employees, and even our bosses’ behind their backs to our spouses and friends, how can we expect to create an environment in our office that is the opposite of this? How can we expect to hold our employees accountable to things we ourselves don’t do? This can be said for many other aspects related to the office that we fail to do in our own lives.
For entrepreneurs and established business folk, if we expect our customers to trust us, everything we do has to be done in the spirit of trustworthiness.
If we expect to experience value provided to us in the form of money, we have to ensure we provide value to the world in the form of a useful product or service.
If we are trying to cut corners just to make a dollar bill, or we are rushing through the creation of products or services just to have one, our customers will sense that. Not only that, but if we do it ourselves, how can we expect that others out in the world won’t be trying to do it to us. If we want the world to trust us, we have to be trustworthy, and we have to trust the world.
On a personal level, if we are expecting to experience peace, happiness, and integrity from others outside of our home; we must realize that it must first be provided to those we love on the inside of our home. A person who wishes for an improved outside world, but does nothing to improve their inside world is headed down a long road of frustration.
Paulo Coelho has a quote that I believe drive’s Gandhi’s point home quite well, when he states “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better.”
In conclusion, you can be great like Gandhi. You can start down the path of doing so by applying the three simple insights I’ve highlighted throughout this post. Experiment with Your Life, Believe you can become your greatness, and Understand that in order for things to change you must change. If you seek to implement these insights, you can improve your career, your business, and yes, even your life.
Now strive be great like Gandhi, strive to be great like YOU!
HOW TO STOP RUNNING FROM YOUR GREATNESS, AND INSTEAD EMBRACE IT
The other day I was waiting for my coffee to brew and it was taking a bit longer than normal. So, I fired up my JBL portable speaker and started rocking out to an oldie-but-goodie-song.
BORN FOR GREATNESS
It’s sort of a mainstream song, but a good one. You may have heard of it, it was ‘Born for Greatness’, by Paparoach.
The song had a good high energy beat, just enough to momentarily stand in for the coffee I was waiting for. That songs message though, yeah, it really flared things up within me. Listening to that song put some fire in my heart.
The coffee finished brewing and the song was about to end, and it inspired the following thought, “If we are born for greatness, why are so many of us running from it?”
Well, that thought transformed into some fire. And that’s the kind of fire I plan on sharing with you today.
Running From Our Greatness
I want to touch on this idea of running away from ourselves, of running away from our greatness.
To begin let me ask you this…
How many people do you know who have given up on their dreams?
How many people do you know who have let themselves go? Physically, emotionally, and spiritually?
How many people do you know who seem to spurn the idea of greatness?
I am sure it wouldn’t take you long to count on two hands how many people you know who match this criteria.
You know who I am talking about.
I am talking about all those people who waste all their free time watching TV, surfing social media sites, shopping all their discretionary money away, partying, playing… wasting their lives away.
The people who allow themselves to be consumed by the happenings of the day, yet always complain about not being happy.
People who know they can have a better life and do more with their lives, yet never choose to do anything about it.
People who have talents or stengths, but don’t use them.
You know, the escape artists; the ones trying to escape from effort, from the dismal reality they’ve allowed their lives to drift into. There’s no shortage of them.
But why? Why do they run?
WHY DO WE RUN?
Here’s my hunch.
They run from their greatness because they’ve been programed to believe that greatness is bad.
They’ve been raised to associate greatness with an ego-filled mission that only serves the person striving for it.
They’ve always praised the Rockstar, the pros, and the talented; the Jordan’s, the Kanye’s, the Jim Carrey’s, but when it comes to thinking of themselves as great, they think badly of it.
They praise greatness, but assume it to be bad if they were to chase it themselves.
But this is wrong. It is an incorrect assumption and it keeps way too many people sidelined. It is an error of judgement. It ‘s an error that deprives this world of much good.
Many equally use the thought that “greatness is subjective” as an excuse to not strive for it.
The thinking is, that if we really don’t know what greatness is, how can we pursue it.
We see greatness as talent we don’t have, or some nebulous concept fit only for the rich, the lucky, the famous.
So what do we do? We deem it unworthy of pursuit. We rationalize that greatness is not for us.
But that excuse is weaksauce!
EXECUTING THE EXCUSE
Let’s bring clarity to the issue once and for all. Let’s do it so the making of excuses for pursuing our greatness is harder to come by.
So you can once and for all, believe that you are indeed born for greatness. So you can start creating the great life you were meant to live.
Why? Because this world seriously needs your greatness!
Look at the world we live in. Last I checked, there is some major room for improvement.
Let’s settle this once and for all.
Let’s see if we can come up with a strong, undeniable definition of greatness, one that we can all agree on. One that we can all be eager to pursue and inspired to realize.
So what is greatness then?
For the better part of a year, I interviewed a handful of people and asked them what their take on greatness was, and their responses helped me pull together THE ANSWER.
Before I share that answer though, let me give you some of those responses.
Here they are:
19 GUIDES TO GREATNESS
1. “Greatness is consistently, every day, pushing your boundaries, chasing your dreams, and trying to do that thing that’s inside of you that you want to bring out.” – Evan Carmichael
2. “Greatness is the constant pursuit of realizing and increasing your potential.” – Tyler Basu
3. “Greatness is Succeeding at what you intend to do.” – Joe Vitale
4. “Greatness is being the top 1% of what you do.” – John Lee Dumas
5. “Greatness is going for IT versus letting life happen to you, you going out and making life happen.” – Adam Ray Rogers
“Greatness is going for IT versus letting life happen to you, you going out and making life happen.” – Adam Ray RogersTweet Quote
6. “Greatness is the continual striving to become the best you can possibly be.” – Matt Rushbrook
7. “Greatness is helping other people achieve their dreams.” – Sean Penwell
8. “Greatness means living your best life, mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Doing the best you can in all four areas.” – Anthony Frasier
9. “Greatness does not have to be learned, it just hast to be remembered.” – Norman Bell
10. “Greatness is knowing that you are putting it all out there.” – Daniel Rodriguez
11. “Greatness is not about the money, it’s about doing what you are passionate about, and getting to help people in the process.” – Dan Western
12. “Greatness is facing life’s challenges and rising when we fall.” – Kris J. Simpson
13. “Greatness is not being content with common.” – Sam Horn
14. “Greatness is living the life you were created to live.” – Ashley M. Williams
15. “Greatness is going for what makes you feel good as a person.” – Gary Szenderski
16. “Greatness is living a life you believe in and trying your best to help other people.” – Matthew Roberts
17. “Greatness is realizing who you are and then beginning the process of owning who you are.” – Jay Wong
18. “Greatness is a byproduct of extreme self-discipline.” – Artesian Kirskey
19. “Greatness is the degree to which you use your strengths, talents, and characteristics to advance the world.” – Bob Burg
“Greatness is the degree to which you use your strengths, talents, and characteristics to advance the world.” – Bob BurgTweet Quote
That should do the trick.
Did you see the trend among these perspectives?
I did, and this is what I gathered. Greatness is about fulfilling one’s potential. And one’s potential is defined as striving to maximize your gifts, your talents, your strengths.
And a natural byproduct of doing so, is a positive transformation of your life. And not just your life, but the lives’ of others as well.
“When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” – Paulo CoelhoTweet Quote
Still not convinced?
Dang, I guess I have to go nuclear.
Well, here we go.
Take a look at the set of antonyms for Greatness below. As you read them, realize, that if you are not pursuing your Greatness, then you are allowing your life to be defined by the following:
Averageness, Badness, Crumminess, Inferiority, Mediocrity, Ordinariness, Worthlessness.
Once again….If you are not pursuing your greatness, you’re pursuing a life of insignificance, smallness, weakness, powerlessness, averageness, worthlessness, etc…
Please my friend, pretty please, tell me you’re not okay with allowing your life to be defined in such a way.
We weren’t born to look down, to go backwards, to shrink. We were born to look up to the heavens, to go forward, to reach!
But don’t just say it, show it. Show the world you’re not okay being defined as the opposite of greatness. Show it with action.
What kind of action? This kind of action.
Here are 10 actions you can start doing today to help you realize your greatness.
10 Actions To Start To Realize Your Greatness
1 – Start Demanding Excellence From Yourself
Your potential will be limited by your demands, no one else’s. Demand the very best from yourself, because no one else will.
If you want better for yourself, for your life, for your business, for others, you must be committed to excellence.
Strive for perfection. You may not hit it, but you if you don’t aim for the best, you damn sure ain’t gonna ever get it.
Commit to always giving your best, in all areas of your life. Start demanding excellence from yourself, today.
2 – Find Your Purpose, and Live It
Would you hop in a car with a blindfolded driver who had no idea where he was at, or where he was going?
Where do you think you’d end up?
That’s right, probably flying off some cliff or stuck in a ditch.
Well, the same thing happens to us when we don’t know where we are going. The cliffs and ditches are still there, they just appear in a different form.
Capiche kemo sabe?
So know where you are going. If you never take the time to truly find out what it is you want in this life, you’ll never get anywhere.
Aimlessness is the antithesis to Greatness.
Take some time to dig deep and find out what it is you really want in this life. Discover what your purpose is. Once you find it, then get to work with all your might and all your energy to live it.
People with purpose prosper.
3 – Start Reading Biographies About Great People
Reading about great people is so important. It is important because it will help you realize how normal those “GREAT” people actually were. It will reveal the secrets to their greatness.
And you’ll be surprised to learn that much of the great’s greatness stemmed not so much from special talents or skills, but from their great wills. And the great thing is, the decision to will your destiny is in your control.
I can tell you this fact all day, but you won’t know it, until you’ve had the ‘aha’ yourself. So get to reading friend.
Don’t know what book to start with. Here’s a good list to start with.
4 – Start Taking Care of Your Body
You don’t have to strive to be Mr. Olympia or a sexy super model. But you need to take care of your body.
Your body is your temple, and it reflects how you feel about yourself.
If every time you look in the mirror you see something you don’t like, you’ll subtly communicate to yourself negative thoughts. And negative thoughts lead to doubt and mediocrity, not greatness.
On top of that, people will treat you differently if you showcase disrespect for your physical appearance.
Their judgement may not be right or nice, but it will be there, and that is a fact.
And if the vibe you are always getting from people is that of disgust, how do you think those accumulated vibes are going to make you feel?
That’s right, not good.
So, start taking care of your physical appearance and your health, and ensure the vibes you get from yourself and others are only good ones.
5 – Start Being Grateful For What You Have, But Stay Hungry For More
Be humble enough to know that everything you have in your life is a blessing. If you are unappreciative for what you do have, why should anyone or anything (God, Universe, Great Spirit, or Human Patron) give you more.
Would you give five dollars to someone who crumbled up a dollar that you so graciously gave them?
I sure as hell wouldn’t. And I am certain the world mysteriously works in much the same way.
Be grateful for all you have, while staying hungry to get more.
And don’t you think for a second that wanting more is greedy. There’s nothing wrong with a good appetite.
In fact, you can’t grow without an appetite. Without an appetite, you won’t eat. And lions that don’t eat (accomplish) don’t grow.
That’s just the nature of things my friend.
So always say thank you to your higher power for what you have, and for all the accomplishments and rewards that are still in store for you.
Start being grateful today, but stay hungry my friend! Very hungry!
6 – Start Waking Up Early
You’ll be amazed by all the benefits you’ll receive from doing such a small thing like waking up early.
When you wake up early you’ll improve how you feel about yourself. Waking up early helps you kick laziness to the curb.
A lot of times when we wake up late, we wake up groggy. We wake up feeling sluggish, and those sluggish feelings can carry over into much of what we do throughout the day.
The slow, the sluggish, the slothful rarely win the prizes of life.
Not to mention, slothful people usually look like crap (see step 4).
Waking up earlier will also help you with productivity. It will give you more time to plan out your days, or finally help you find the time to stop postponing the creation of your magnum opus, your life’s masterpiece.
Start waking up earlier home slice!
7 – Start Adopting the ABS Attitude (Always Be Striving)
Never be satisfied. When you allow yourself to be satisfied, you give in to mediocrity. Greatness is not halfway up the mountain, greatness is progression towards the top, and eventually the top.
Look, we are born to grow, to change, to improve.
We’ve all been doing it since day ONE.
It’s the nature of things.
In life, we are either moving forward in growth, or stagnating, dying, decaying.
What do we call a tree that stops growing?
The same can be said for your relationships, your health, and your career.
Always be striving to move them forward, or brace yourself for their eventual death.
Adopt the ABS attitude today… and never, never, whatever you do, never stop striving.
8 – Start Trusting Your Instincts
You may have already realized this fact my friend, but if you have yet to, listen up.
You are going to find that many people in your life don’t support you. Well, let me put it this way, they’ll support you, so long as what you are doing doesn’t make them feel bad.
They’ll support you if what you are doing doesn’t threaten them or their insecure egos.
True story, sad story, but let’s not cry about it.
Let’s instead prepare for it.
Here’s what happens, we all too often mistakenly ask the wrong people for advice. You’ll know they were the wrong people because they’ll lead you in a direction that is not best for you. They typically lead you in a direction that is best for them and their frail egos.
It’s very possible that these people aren’t leading you astray on purpose. But that’s neither here nor there, because it will happen regardless.
To combat this, just start trusting in your own instincts.
Trust what you feel. Stop asking people for their advice.
If you must seek out people’s advice, don’t hesitate to buck it if it doesn’t jive with you. And know that It’s okay, in fact good, to go with your gut.
Start trusting your instincts, they somehow always know what’s best for you.
9 – Start Making Effort Your Secret Weapon
Effort is the key to unlocking your potential.
Chances are you weren’t born the tallest, the most beautiful, or the most intelligent. But what you were born with, was the power to decide.
And with that power of decision you can either decide to do just enough, or you can decide to go above and beyond.
You can decide to outwork, outsmart, and outdo the person you were yesterday. You can decide to beat the competition, the talent, the privileged, with effort.
Make effort your secret weapon, today.
10 – Start Reading at Least One Article a Week from Top Success Sites Like TheSTRIVE.co
Look, if you have been hanging around duds your whole life, you will eventually adopt a dud mentality.
When you start hanging around winners, champions, and studs, people who are going somewhere, you too will start going somewhere.
When your start filling your mind with words of encouragement and strength, you’ll become stronger.
And a stronger you, is a better you, and a better you is a greater you.
They say, birds of a feather flock together, but here we don’t flock…we strive.
Here, we say, ‘Eagles of a feather, endeavor together.’
So bookmark TheSTRIVE.co, and become an eagle my friend.
Make it a part of your weekly reading.
You’ll be in good great company.
My friend, know this; there is something inside of you that the world needs.
I know there is something that burns inside of your soul that has yet to be let out.
So let it out!
Your life will count for something my friend, but ONLY if you are willing to pursue your potential, your greatness.
So if you’ve been a lazy cowardly lion lately, stop it. That’s you running from your greatness. Stop running. Instead, turn around and face your greatness.
But don’t just face it, lean into it.
Lean into it by following the 10 suggestions above.
And then cap it off with this…
Go stand in front of a mirror and look into it. Look at your reflection and stare hard at that lion (or eagle) you see…
Now pound on your chest, and howl aloud with me….
“YOU WERE BORN FOR GREATNESS!!!!!”
And greatness you’ll see!
Till next time,
PS – If you’re ready to step up to the plate to become the hero you know you can be then be sure to read this.
100+ EMPOWERING OPRAH WINFREY QUOTES FOR SUCCESS
Oprah Winfrey is the billionaire media executive and philanthropist who has been inspiring people all over the world since 1986. She first made her mark as the host of one of the most popular talk shows off all time, and has since starred in multiple movies and launched her very own entertainment network known as OWN.
Needless to say, Oprah knows a thing or two about success and living an inspired life. As such, we’ve decided to roundup some of her most empowering quotes to help guide you on your success journey.
So, if you’re ready to be inspired and moved, then let’s dive into these powerful Oprah Winfrey quotes.
BEST OPRAH WINFREY QUOTES OF ALL TIME
1. “Anything you can imagine you can create.” – Oprah Winfrey
2. “Create the highest grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe.” – Oprah Winfrey
3. “It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you — always.” – Oprah Winfrey
4. “Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand.” – Oprah Winfrey
5. “The more thankful I became, the more my bounty increased. That’s because, for sure, what you focus on expands. When you focus on the goodness in life, you create more of it.” – Oprah Winfrey
“The more thankful I became, the more my bounty increased. That’s because, for sure, what you focus on expands. When you focus on the goodness in life, you create more of it.” – Oprah WinfreyTweet Quote
6. “Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
7. “You are responsible for your life. You can’t keep blaming somebody else for your dysfunction. Life is really about moving on.” – Oprah Winfrey
8. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
9. “Everyone wants to ride with you in the limo. But what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
10. “Your journey begins with a choice to get up, step out and live fully.” – Oprah Winfrey
11. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Oprah Winfrey
12. “When you undervalue what you do, the world will undervalue who you are.” – Oprah Winfrey
13. “I don’t believe in failure. It is not failure if you enjoyed the process.” – Oprah Winfrey
14. “You become what you believe. You are where you are today in your life based on everything you have believed.” – Oprah Winfrey
15. “You can have it all, just not all at once.” – Oprah Winfrey
16. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah Winfrey
17. “You are what you are by what you believe.” – Oprah Winfrey
18. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
19. “Everybody has a calling. And your real job in life is to figure out as soon as possible what that is, who you were meant to be, and to begin to honor that in the best way possible for yourself.” – Oprah Winfrey
20. “Whatever has happened to you in your past has no power of this present moment, because life is now.” – Oprah Winfrey
“Whatever has happened to you in your past has no power of this present moment, because life is now.” – Oprah WinfreyTweet Quote
21. “Balance lives in the present. When you feel the earth moving, bring yourself back to the now.” – Oprah Winfrey
22. “Life is about finding yourself, embracing your strengths and weaknesses, and being true to who you are.” – Oprah Winfrey
23. “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” – Oprah Winfrey
24. “The reason I’ve been so financially successful is my focus has never, for one minute been money.” – Oprah Winfrey
25. “Learn from every mistake, because every experience, particularly your mistakes, are there to teach you and force you into being more of who you are.” – Oprah Winfrey
“Learn from every mistake, because every experience, particularly your mistakes, are there to teach you and force you into being more of who you are.” – Oprah WinfreyTweet Quote
26. “Listen to the rhythm of your own calling, and follow that.” – Oprah Winfrey
27. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
28. “Surround yourself only with people who are going to take you higher.” – Oprah Winfrey
29. “When you know who you are and what you stand for, you stand in wisdom.” – Oprah Winfrey
30. “Money is worth nothing if it can’t buy you the opportunity to love more.” – Oprah Winfrey
“Money is worth nothing if it can’t buy you the opportunity to love more.” – Oprah WinfreyTweet Quote
31. “I finally realized being grateful to my body was key to giving more love to myself.” – Oprah Winfrey
32. “If you’re holding anyone else accountable for your happiness, you’re wasting your time. You must be fearless enough to give yourself the love you didn’t receive.” – Oprah Winfrey
33. “Only make decisions that support your self-image, self-esteem, and self-worth.” – Oprah Winfrey
34. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” – Oprah Winfrey
35. “Self-esteem means knowing you are the dream.” – Oprah Winfrey
36. “You define your own life. Don’t let other people write your script.” – Oprah Winfrey
37. “Don’t settle for a relationship that won’t let you be yourself.” – Oprah Winfrey
38. “Excellence is the best deterrent to racism or sexism.” – Oprah Winfrey
39. “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” – Oprah Winfrey
40. “You are the single biggest influence in your life.” – Oprah Winfrey
41. “To move forward, you have to give back.” – Oprah Winfrey
42. “The key to realizing a dream is to focus not on success but significance.” – Oprah Winfrey
43. “With every experience, you alone are painting your own canvas, thought by thought, choice by choice.” – Oprah Winfrey
44. “Doing the best in this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” – Oprah Winfrey
45. “So go ahead. Fall down. The world looks different from the ground.” – Oprah Winfrey
46. “It makes no difference how many peaks you reach if there was no pleasure in the climb.” – Oprah Winfrey
47. “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” – Oprah Winfrey
48. “I think education is power. I think that being able to communicate with people is power. One of my main goals on the planet is to encourage people to empower themselves.” – Oprah Winfrey
49. “Leadership is about empathy. It is about having the ability to relate to and connect with people for the purpose of inspiring and empowering their lives.” – Oprah Winfrey
50. “Your true passion should feel like breathing; it’s that natural.” – Oprah Winfrey
51. “Everything happens for a reason, even when we are not wise enough to see it.” – Oprah Winfrey
52. “I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint, that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love, and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.” – Oprah Winfrey
53. “I was once afraid of people saying, ‘Who does she think she is?’ Now I have the courage to stand and say, ‘This is who I am.'” – Oprah Winfrey
54. “I know for sure that what we dwell on is who we become.” – Oprah Winfrey
55. “The more you praise an celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah Winfrey
“The more you praise an celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah WinfreyTweet Quote
56. “Know what sparks the light in you. Then use that light to illuminate the world.” – Oprah Winfrey
57. “I have a lot of things to prove to myself. One is that I can live my life fearlessly.” – Oprah Winfrey
58. “Luck is preparation meeting the moment of opportunity.” – Oprah Winfrey
59. “When someone shows you lack of integrity or dishonesty the first time, know that this will followed man many other times.” – Oprah Winfrey
60. “You cannot wait for someone to save you, to help you, to complete you. No one can complete you. You complete yourself.” – Oprah Winfrey
“You cannot wait for someone to save you, to help you, to complete you. No one can complete you. You complete yourself.” – Oprah WinfreyTweet Quote
61. “Books were my pass to personal freedom. I learned to read at age three, nd soon discovered there was a whole world to conquer that went beyond our farm in Mississippi.” – Oprah Winfrey
62. “Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.” – Oprah Winfrey
63. “You become what you believe, not what you think or what you want.” – Oprah Winfrey
64. “True forgiveness is when you can say… Thank you for that experience.” – Oprah Winfrey
65. “Self-esteem comes from being able to define the world in your own terms and refusing to abide by the judgements of others.” – Oprah Winfrey
“Self-esteem comes from being able to define the world in your own terms and refusing to abide by the judgements of others.” – Oprah WinfreyTweet Quote
66. “Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded or how much power you have.” – Oprah Winfrey
67. “Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do.” – Oprah Winfrey
68. “Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.” – Oprah Winfrey
69. “I know for sure that only by owning who and what you are can you step into the fullness of life.” – Oprah Winfrey
70. “When you have more respect for yourself and put yourself in a position where you feel your sense of value or worth, that’s how you know you’re on the right path.” – Oprah Winfrey
“When you have more respect for yourself and put yourself in a position where you feel your sense of value or worth, that’s how you know you’re on the right path.” – Oprah WinfreyTweet Quote
71. “Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.” – Oprah Winfrey
72. “You cannot be loving when you are blaming. You cannot be loving when you are criticizing. You cannot be loving when you are judging.” – Oprah Winfrey
73. “If you can get paid for doing what you love, every paycheck is a bonus.” – Oprah Winfrey
74. “You don’t have to hold yourself hostage to who you used to be.” – Oprah Winfrey
75. “The way through the challenge is to get still, and ask yourself: what is the next right move.” – Oprah Winfrey
“The way through the challenge is to get still, and ask yourself: what is the next right move.” – Oprah WinfreyTweet Quote
76. “The miracle of your existence calls for celebration every day.” – Oprah Winfrey
77. “You only have control over yourself.” – Oprah Winfrey
78. “Devote today to something so daring even you can’t believe you’re doing it.” – Oprah Winfrey
79. “If you want to live an adventurous life, have complete confidence in your body, mind and spirit.” – Oprah Winfrey
80. “Look for something positive each day, even if you have to look a little harder.” – Oprah Winfrey
“Look for something positive each day, even if you have to look a little harder.” – Oprah WinfreyTweet Quote
81. “Big miracles we’re waiting on are happening right in front of us, at every moment, with every breath. Open your eyes and heart and you’ll begin to see them.” – Oprah Winfrey
82. “How you spend your time defines who you are.” – Oprah Winfrey
83. “What God intended for you goes far beyond anything you can imagine.” – Oprah Winfrey
84. “When people show you who they are… believe them!” – Oprah Winfrey
85. “I believe the choice to be excellent begins with aligning your thoughts and words with the intention to require more from yourself.” – Oprah Winfrey
“I believe the choice to be excellent begins with aligning your thoughts and words with the intention to require more from yourself.” – Oprah WinfreyTweet Quote
86. “As you become more clear about who you really are, you’ll be better able to decide what is best for you — the first time around.” – Oprah Winfrey
87. “Don’t let people talk you into what they think is you.” – Oprah Winfrey
88. “You are responsible for the energy that you create for yourself, and you’re responsible for the energy that you bring to others.” – Oprah Winfrey
89. “Every stumble is not a fall, and every fall does not mean failure.” – Oprah Winfrey
90. “Follow your instincts. That’s where true wisdom manifests itself.” – Oprah Winfrey
91. “Your job is not just to do what your parents say, what your teachers say, what society says, but to figure out what your heart calling is and to be led by that.” – Oprah Winfrey
92. “You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job, and not be paid for it.” – Oprah Winfrey
93. “What I know is, is that if you do work that you love, and the work fulfills you, the rest will come.” – Oprah Winfrey
94. “When you’re doing the work you’re meant to do it feels right, and every day is a bonus regardless of what you’re getting paid.” – Oprah Winfrey
95. “Every right decision I ever made has come from my gut.” – Oprah Winfrey
96. “Every wrong decision I’ve ever made was a result of me not listing to the greater voice of myself.” – Oprah Winfrey
97. “Even doubt means don’t.” – Oprah Winfrey
98. “Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion. Honor your calling, everybody has one. Trust your heart and success will come to you.” – Oprah Winfrey
99. “I had no idea that being your authentic self could make me as rich as I’ve become. If I had, I’d have done it a lot earlier.” – Oprah Winfrey
100. “What I’ve found is that difficulties come when you don’t pay attention to life’s whisper, because life always whispers to you first. And if you ignore the whisper, sooner or later you’ll get a scream.” – Oprah Winfrey
“What I’ve found is that difficulties come when you don’t pay attention to life’s whisper, because life always whispers to you first. And if you ignore the whisper, sooner or later you’ll get a scream.” – Oprah WinfreyTweet Quote
Related: Oprah Winfrey Success Story
Bonus Oprah Winfrey Quote
Bonus: Alright, here’s our final Oprah Winfrey quote for success. We think it encapsulates her essence and message better than any other quote. So, be sure to take this one to heart. Enjoy!
There you have it, the best of the best when it comes Oprah quotes. We hope you found as much inspiration and wisdom in her quotes as we did.
No doubt, Oprah understands what it takes to live a truly fulfilling and successful life, so to take her words to heart, and come back again whenever you need another dose of Oprah-inspired empowerment.
45+ INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES ABOUT FREEDOM
Freedom… it is the one ideal that we are all secretly in pursuit of, whether we know it or not. Our desire for self-determination, limitlessness, and the option to live life on our own terms is what moves all of us. Indeed, freedom is the fuel that inspires all of us to keep reaching, striving, and growing.
Freedom is the fuel of the free world. It inspires, motivates, and gives countless people, communities, states, and countries, a worthy goal to strive for. So, in honor of one of the most worthy goals one could strive for, here are some of the most inspirational quotes on freedom we could find. May they inspire you to keep pushing for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
TOP INSPIRATIONAL FREEDOM QUOTES
1. “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.” – Mahatma Gandhi
2. “Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing.” – Ayn Rand
3. “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
“In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.” – Franklin D. RooseveltTweet Quote
4. “Life without liberty is like a body without spirit.” – Kahlil Gibran
5. “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.” – Nelson Mandela
6. “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” – Benjamin Franklin
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” – Benjamin FranklinTweet Quote
7. “What then is freedom? The power to live as one wishes.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
8. “The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” – Albert Camus
9. “The best freedom is being yourself.” – Jim Morrison
10. “The secret to happiness is freedom… And the secret to freedom is courage.” – Thucydides
“The secret to happiness is freedom… And the secret to freedom is courage.” – ThucydidesTweet Quote
11. “If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.” – George Washington
12. “Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
13. “Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.” – General John Stark
14. “Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life.” – Bob Marley
Freedom Is Not Given, It Is Earned
Freedom can never be given, it can only be earned. And to earn it, one must strive for it. With that being said, here is a helpful tool to help the ambitious like you, begin striving towards your freedom today.
15. “Freedom cannot be bestowed — it must be achieved.” – Elbert Hubbard
16. “My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular.” – Adlai Stevenson
“My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular.” – Adlai StevensonTweet Quote
17. “Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.” – Albert Camus
18. “He only earns his freedom and his life who takes them every day by storm.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
19. “Freedom, in any case, is only possible by constantly struggling for it.” – Albert Einstein
20. “Freedom is the oxygen of the soul.” – Moshe Dayan
21. Freedom is not the right to live as we please, but the right to find how we ought to live in order to fulfill our potential.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.” – Abraham Lincoln
23. “The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” – Albert Camus
“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” – Albert CamusTweet Quote
24. “Everything can be taken from a man but… the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.” – Victor Frankl
25. “From every mountainside, let freedom ring.” – Martin Luther King JR.
26. “True freedom is impossible without a mind made free by discipline.” – Mortimer J. Adler
“True freedom is impossible without a mind made free by discipline.” – Mortimer J. AdlerTweet Quote
27. “Is Freedom anything else than the right to live as we wish? Nothing else.” – Epictetus
28. “We must not be free because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.” – William Faulkner
29. “I am an American, free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior, except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit.” – Theodore Roosevelt
30. “America is another name for opportunity.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
31. “Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.” – Virginia Woolf
32. “Freedom means the absence of coercion of a man by his fellow man.” – Milton Friedman
33. “I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.” – Jane Eyre
“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.” – Jane EyreTweet Quote
34. “Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom.” – Albert Einstein
35. “Authentic freedom is actually the freedom of knowing who you are, why you are here, your purpose in life and where you are going when you leave here.” – Wayne Dyer
36. “A new age has begun. An age of freedom. And all will know that 300 Spartans gave their last breath to defend it!” – King Leonidas, 300
37. “Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you’ll live… at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they’ll never take… OUR FREEDOM!” – William Wallace, Brave Heart
38. “I know but one freedom and that is the freedom of the mind.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
39. “Freedom is the open window through which pours the sunlight of the human spirit and human dignity.” – Herbert Hoover
40. “Freedom lies in being bold.” – Robert Frost
41. “Tame birds sing of freedom. Wild birds fly.” – John Lennon
42. “The best road to progress is freedom’s road.” – John F. Kennedy
43. “As soon as you seem something, anything, that inhibits your freedom, you should be very cautious about that, you should be very suspicious; because anything that comes along that can inhibit your freedom is by definition…Anti-American.” – Joe Rogan
“As soon as you seem something, anything, that inhibits your freedom, you should be very cautious about that, you should be very suspicious; because anything that comes along that can inhibit your freedom is by definition…Anti-American.” – Joe RoganTweet Quote
44. “Those who won our independence …valued liberty as an end and as a means. They believed liberty to be the secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty.” – Louis D. Brandeis
45. “Freedom is never given; it is won.” – A. Phillip Randolph
Bonus Freedom Quote
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery” – Thomas Jefferson
Final Words on Freedom Quotes
And that’s that, the most inspiring quotes about freedom to help you keep your eye on the prize… Freedom. So, keep reaching, growing, and striving, and before you know it, you’ll have all the freedom you can handle.
Till next time,
PS – If you enjoyed these Freedom Quotes, then you’ll especially love our collection of quotes on liberty.
35+ QUOTES ON LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS
If you’re searching for some of the most inspirational liberty quotes, then you’ll find them here.
If we stand for anything here at The STRIVE, it is for everyone to have the right, the freedom, and the liberty to pursue their goals and dreams without restraint. Because, without liberty, without freedom, what’s the point. So, in honor of the human spirit’s yearning for liberty, and our tenacity to weather those storms that threaten to put our liberties on life support, we’re publishing these handful of quotes on life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
May they inspire you to appreciate the precious liberties we still have, while reminding you to remain vigilant, fearless, and willing to fight for your liberties, because to do so is to fight for your dreams.
BEST QUOTES ON LIBERTY
1. “Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.” – John Adams
2. “Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves” – Abraham Lincoln
3. “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” – Benjamin Franklin
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” – Benjamin FranklinTweet Quote
4. “Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.” – George Bernard Shaw
5. “The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.” – James Madison
6. “Always stand in principle…even if you stand alone.” – John Adams
7. “Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.” – John Milton
8. “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” – Thomas Jefferson
9. “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” – George Orwell
10. “The history of liberty is a history of resistance.” – Woodrow Wilson
11. “Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.” – John Adams
12. “Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.” – Benjamin Franklin
13. “Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life.” – Bob Marley
“Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life.” – Bob MarleyTweet Quote
14. “Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.” – Henry David Thoreau
15. “I am an American; free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior, except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit.” – Theodore Roosevelt
16. “The true source of our suffering has been our timidity. We have been afraid to think. . . . Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write.” – John Adams
“The true source of our suffering has been our timidity. We have been afraid to think. . . . Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write.” – John AdamsTweet Quote
17. “I hope we once again have reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There’s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: As government expands, liberty contracts.” – Ronald Reagan
18. “Under observation, we act less free, which means we effectively are less free.” – Edward Snowden
19. “To deprive a man his natural liberty and to deny him the ordinary amenities of life is worse than starving the body; it is starvation of the soul, the dweller in the body.” – Mahatma Gandhi
20. “Life without liberty is like a body without spirit.” – Kahlil Gibran
21. “Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
22. “My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular.” – Adlai Stevenson
23. “Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson
“Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty.” – Thomas JeffersonTweet Quote
24. “…Cities may be rebuilt, and a people reduced to poverty, may acquire fresh property: But a constitution of government once changed from freedom, can never be restored.” – John Adams
25. “Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed – else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
26. “I value liberty above all else. Without liberty, no other value can be realized.” – Graeme Rodaughan
“I value liberty above all else. Without liberty, no other value can be realized.” – Graeme RodaughanTweet Quote
27. “Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” – Thomas Paine
28. “Liberty is always dangerous, but it is the safest thing we have.” – Harry Emerson Fosdick
29. “No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck.” – Frederick Douglass
30. “He who is brave is free.” – Seneca
31. “Give me liberty or give me death.” – Patrick Henry
32. “If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.” – George Washington
33. “The history of free men is never really written by chance, but by choice; their choice!” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
“The history of free men is never really written by chance, but by choice; their choice!” – Dwight D. EisenhowerTweet Quote
34. “Without freedom I am a slave in shackles on a ship lost at sea. With freedom I am a captain; I am a pirate; I am an admiral; I am a scout; I am the eagle souring overhead; I am the north star guiding a crew; I am the ship itself; I am whatever I choose to be.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
35. “Where liberty dwells, there is my country.” – Benjamin Franklin
36. “I prefer liberty with danger than peace with slavery.” – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
37. “Liberty may be endangered by the abuses of liberty as well as the abuses of power.” – James Madison
38. “Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.” – President George Washington
39. “Liberty is about our rights to question everything.” – Ai Weiwei
40. “When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.” – Thomas Jefferson
“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.” – Thomas JeffersonTweet Quote
41. “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.” – H.L. Mencken.
Bonus Quote on Liberty
Bonus Quote: Here is our last and final quote on liberty. It’s short, but sweet. Enjoy!
Final Thoughts on Liberty
History is rife with the culmination of many opposing ideas and conflicting values. But the future will be decided by the choices we make in the present. And our choices will either lead to new unrecognizable epochs, or a persistent reawakening and new found appreciation of the epoch that was given to us through the blood, sweat, and tears of those who have come before us.
An epoch that if it is to remain, must be refreshed and advanced with a renewed fervor by a freedom loving people, who if they wish to continue to pursue their happiness, must never cease doing what they must, to first ensure their liberty.
Till next time,
PS – If you enjoyed these liberty quotes, then you’ll enjoy our quotes on freedom.
HOW TO STOP WORRYING AND START LIVING IN 2022
Fear, doubt, and worry can have a major impact on your health and well being. But most importantly, they can have a dramatic and severe impact on the quality of your life. Fear, doubt, and worry can stop your aspirations for a better future dead in its tracks. On top of this, they can and usually do, dramatically hinder the best of us from reaching the heights of the success we seek. How you ask?
Well, fear, doubt, and worry are much like a cancer. They will work through you slowly, gradually, and often times go undetected, working diligently on your confidence until they completely snuff out all your hopes and dreams. And if a quality life demands anything, it demands confidence and hope in a brighter tomorrow.
So, if reclaiming your confidence, your peace of mind, and your 2022 is something you’d like to do, then this post is exactly what the doctor ordered:
HOW TO STOP WORRYING AND BEGIN LIVING
1. Get Busy Taking Action.
This quote sums it up;
Action is the cure for most ailments in life, and it is especially good for worry. The person who keeps himself busy doing activities that are beneficial for himself, his family, or his community, will almost 99% of the time, be too involved with doing to even consider those things cause most everyone else to worry.
So, find something to do, force yourself to act, and before you know it, your worries will eventually dissipate.
2. Silence Your Mind – Meditate
Often times, our worries, fears, and anxieties are compounded by the relentless self-talk and internal chat that we have with ourselves throughout our days. Our own internal dialogue can be one of the biggest causes of our anxiety.
We watch negative news, we read scary headlines, we think about worst-case scenarios, and then we process these observations all day through self-discussion, and the result is worry. As such, one of the best things that you can do today and going forward to dramatically reduce your worry habit, is to take 10 to 20 minutes to just sit silently and meditate.
If you are not sure how to meditate, there are plenty of great resources out on the web. Here is one great meditation resource to get you started.
3. Schedule “Worry Time”
According to this excellent article, choosing to set time and place for worrying can dramatically impact how much worrying you do and how you’ll ultimately feel. Essentially, what you need to do, is create a routine, where you take 20 or so minutes every day to just sit there and think about all your worries. By doing this, you purge your mind of all your anxieties. Then, you must ensure you don’t give these thoughts any more energy after this window.
4. Rewire Your Mind
Often times, we worry out of habit. We constantly think the sky is falling or that the worse is bound to happen. So, we needlessly tie ourselves up in mental knots, when more often than not, our worry was nothing but a mental loop that we failed to get out of.
The great news is, we can rewire our minds to not habitually worry. We can use mantras or affirmations to drown out that voice of worry. Much like meditation, we can use mantras or affirmations to slowly change our thinking patterns.
BONUS: Read This Book…..
‘How to Stop Worrying and Start Living’ is comprised of many recipes Mr. Carnegie pulled together from night classes he would teach to adult students on how to overcome worry.
‘How to Start Worrying and Start Living’ is a cure for anyone who wishes to eliminate the debilitating effects of fear and worry from their lives, so they fortify their confidence and get on with succeeding in their life.
Note: We’re reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
With that being said, he are a handful of killer questions pulled straight from the book. Use them to help you take your worries down a notch….
Write down the following questions and answer them:
Really, what am I so worried about?
What is the problem?
What is the cause of the problem?
Can I list all possible solutions to this problem?
What solution will best to apply to this problem?
What decision will I make now that will most dramatically impact this worry?
Now that you have all these questions answered, without hesitation immediately take action on what you wrote down.
There you have it, a handful of powerful actions you can take today, and resources you can invest in, to help you quickly and effectively get over your worries and anxieties in 2022.
Till next time,
75+ INSPIRING DAYMOND JOHN QUOTES FOR SUCCESS
75+ INSPIRATIONAL KEVIN O’LEARY QUOTES FOR SUCCESS
HOW TO NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR GOALS AND DREAMS AGAIN
7 BEST FINANCIAL TIPS FOR CASH-STRAPPED ENTREPRENEURS
HOW TO GET RICH WITH A NORMAL JOB
35+ MYRON GOLDEN QUOTES ON SUCCESS AND GETTING RICH
JEFF BEZOS NET WORTH + HOW MUCH HE MAKES PER YEAR
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2022)
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE SUCCESS
20 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-CONFIDENCE AND IMPROVE SELF-ESTEEM (2022)
25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS THAT ACTUALLY WORK
100 INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
100 BADASS HARD WORK QUOTES TO FIRE UP YOUR WORK ETHIC
100 INSPIRING COURAGE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FEEL COURAGEOUS
BEST DIGITAL FITNESS PROGRAMS AND ONLINE PERSONAL TRAINER APPS
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. Are you looking for a...
5 MILLIONAIRE SUCCESS HABITS THAT CAN ACTUALLY MAKE YOU RICH
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. These days anyone can become...
10 REASONS BUILDING AN ONLINE BUSINESS IS A GOOD INVESTMENT
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. Have you ever asked yourself,...
Self-Discipline3 months ago
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2022)
Quotes7 months ago
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE SUCCESS
Confidence6 months ago
20 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-CONFIDENCE AND IMPROVE SELF-ESTEEM (2022)
Motivation12 months ago
25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS THAT ACTUALLY WORK
Motivation10 months ago
100 INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
Quotes7 months ago
100 BADASS HARD WORK QUOTES TO FIRE UP YOUR WORK ETHIC
Inspiration2 years ago
TOP 55 PURPOSE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
Quotes1 year ago
55 POWER QUOTES TO HELP YOU FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS
Confidence8 months ago
100 INSPIRING COURAGE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FEEL COURAGEOUS
Quotes2 years ago
NO GUTS, NO GLORY
Quotes7 months ago
100+ MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES TO HELP YOU NEVER GIVE UP
Motivation8 months ago
TOP 100 SUCCESS AND MOTIVATIONAL BLOGS FOR 2022