It was just over a year ago, when this site was first willed into the world. What started out as a self-improvement site, quickly morphed into the virtual nudge you’ve come to know.
There were many struggles over the past year, even a brief identity crisis for the direction of the site. But, much was learned along the way.
Certainly, the year was not all sunshine and rainbows, but, all in all, it was a success.
One of the biggest successes for this year, was the growth of this site.
For instance, what would take weeks to get in traffic at first (visitors to this site), now happens on the daily. As of now, the monthly traffic, is more than the traffic received in the first five months combined. So, I am very grateful for that.
And no, I am not grateful for the monetary reason you may be thinking (okay, maybe just a little).
But, the real reason why I am so grateful, is because the more traffic the site gets, the more lives I get to potentially impact.
Which, if you’ve ever read the first post for this site, you’d know what I am talking about.
Of course, there were some runner-up’s. So, what’s listed below is in no particular order:
- Published the Fearless Formula
- Launched a Podcast
- Got to Interview Some Very Inspirational People
- Published the Strive Journal
- Created the Strive Stack
- Pushed the Envelope (this one’s a given)
Aside from accomplishments, the year also taught many lessons. And the biggest of these lessons, were the following:
- If you try, I mean really truly try. Like, you give something (dream, goal, etc..) everything you got, for an extended period of time…. You are a Success! Results are a cherry on top, but effort is everything. Full effort is full victory. And the only person who gets to determine if you gave it everything you had, is you. Obviously, your definition of success is what really matters. But I say, if you had the courage to put your heart and soul into something outside of the ordinary, towards something you deeply cherish… you rock in my book!
- Focus on what is working. In other words, invest your energy and your resources towards anything that brings you the highest returns. This lesson also includes activities or people that bring more energy into your life. This lesson also includes measurable success to you, your business, or your career.
- If something is making you unhappy, stop doing it. Life is too short to waste it doing something you hate doing. Plus, if you aren’t jazzed up about what you are doing, you’ll never be able to create great work. Inspired works-of-art, big success, and even finding happiness in life, all stem from doing those things that bring you to life. Do what makes you happy, but STRIVE your ass off while doing it!
- Don’t throw in the hat on an idea too soon. The tide always turns, and great things need time to incubate.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN 2018
I am excited to see what 2018 has in store for us. Sometimes, the best of plans morph into something completely different. And typically, it is always for the better.
Trust me, this site is a testament to that. If I were to have stuck with the original concept, it would still be named Think Strive Become, and there would be some ridiculous looking acorn somewhere in the logo (I know… Thank God, and Big props to my bro for talking me out of that one.)
In two thousand GREATeen, The Strive will focus on creating not only more content via the blog, but also greater content.
The reason for this is three-fold, one, it is more aligned with what I like to do (it brings me more joy), two, it is time better spent from a business stand-point, and three, I believe it is what you, my readership truly wants more of.
This ultimately means, that The Greatness Project podcast will see less episodes in 2018. For most of the last year, the podcast was a weekly event. But for the foreseeable future, it will become a bi-weekly (at the most) experience.
Moving onward and upward!
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
Okay, so now the real question is this… what about you?
Have you taken a moment to give this past year some thought yet? If not, grab a pen, paper, or your journal a start recording some stuff.
Why you ask? Because this is your life we are talking about! And, a whole year is a pretty good chunk of time and experiences to both reflect upon and grow from.
So let’s go!
Was your 2017 a smashing success? What wins did you have? What lessons did you learn? Like serious lessons! You know, the kind that will help you make next year a stronger one.
Did you spend this past year the way you had planned it? Did it turn out the way you had hoped it would? If not, why not? And what can you do differently this year to avoid a re-run?
No body likes re-runs! Re-runs suck! Well that’s not true. Couch potatoes like re-runs… but you’re no couch potato!
So, if you could do the whole year over, what would you do differently?
Alright, now on to this up-and-coming year.
GO WILL SOMETHING INTO EXISTENCE
What will you WILL into existence this year?
Think real hard about this one. The harder you think on this, and the clearer you are on what you want to achieve, or who you want to become, the better odds you’ll have at pumping life into that aim.
Alright my friend! I hope you enjoyed the 2017 ride, because it was just the beginning.
Let’s make this year the best one in history!!
To a New Year and a new you!