I read a few articles recently about a certain generation that is viewed as entitled and in need of developing a stronger work ethic to succeed. These articles launched their assault at Millennials in particular, as the primary generation in need of a strong work ethic to succeed.
Of course, as a Millennial myself, I must beg to differ. I don’t think there is any one generation that needs to focus on their work ethic in order to succeed. I think everyone who wants to succeed, needs to focus on building a strong work ethic.
Unfortunately, every headline in the article I just mentioned, tried to give some vague steps to help out all us poor hapless Millennials.
Many said to develop a strong work ethic you must do this, or you must do that.
Here is one of those extremely simplistic lists of ‘must-haves’ to show a strong work ethic:
- Reliability- employees must be available or deliver products/services when or where customers need them.
- Quality- employees must do everything in their power to produce high-quality products or service.
- Honesty- employees must display integrity in their actions and in every interaction.
- Professionalism- employees must dress, act, and prepare like professionals.
- Positivity- employees must commit to serving the customer with positivity, friendliness, and enthusiasm.
- Delighting- employees must find ways to go the extra mile.
- Promptness- employees must be timely in their responses, attendance, and deliverables.
- Expertise- employees must demonstrate authority or a willingness to learn.
- Respect – employees must be poised, diplomatic, and display grace under pressure.
- Determination- employees must embrace challenges and focus on solving a customer’s problem.
And here is another, including the “5 Factors” you must have to demonstrate that you have a strong work ethic:
- Sense of Responsibility
- Emphasis on Quality
- Sense of Teamwork
It’s like they’re making a how-to list for little babies.
If you’re a millennial, you should be insulted.
Yes, all the qualities mentioned above are important. But they are not how a strong work ethic is developed.
Because a strong work ethic can’t be developed. A strong work ethic is binary. It is something you either have or don’t have.
The qualities listed above are merely byproducts of having a strong work ethic.
Related: Work Ethic and Success
Problematic Work Ethics
Which brings me to my next point.
Millennials don’t have a problem with work ethic.
Yes, many have yet to learn why they should have a strong work ethic. They are still learning the ropes of success in work and in life. But so are countless others within the ranks of other generations.
So, a lack of work ethic is not just a millennial thing.
No, a lack of work ethic is an expectation thing.
True, many millennial’s have expectations that still need some fine tuning. Without a doubt even you have some misconceptions about millenials, but they are still the younger generation are they not? So, let’s cut them some slack.
They’ll learn soon enough.
If they want to succeed, they’ll learn.
They’ll learn when they realize what’s at stake if they neglect to obtain one.
No, a lack of work ethic is not a Millennial epidemic, it is a cross-generational epidemic of unrealistic expectations.
If anything, it is a growing cultural epidemic, spurned by changes in technology: The Microwave, Television, Smart Phones, Insta-This, and Insta-That.
Everything is consistently being made easier for everyone.
And so predictably, everyone is “Taking it Easy”.
I have met, worked with, and know of many Baby Boomers and Gen X’ers alike who don’t have any work-ethic at all. I’ve met both old people and young who expect something for nothing. People who expect advancement in an organization just because of their tenure. People who expect raises, promotions, or profits simply because of who they know or what they know.
Expectations. It’s all about expectations.
And a great many people, not just millennials, have delusional expectations.
No More Excuses
So, let’s stop making excuses for an entire generation.
That’s not what they need.
The last thing they need is a spoon-fed excuse for why the world is going to be hard for them.
REALITY doesn’t care when you were born. Success, advancement, money, riches, growth come from one thing and one thing only…
Some of those articles mentioned earlier say, if you “demonstrate” these qualities, then you’ll be “showing” your strong work ethic. They say “Do these X things to show your strong work ethic”, or “fake it till you make it”. Don’t make me laugh.
You can’t show or fake a strong work ethic. Like I said earlier, you either have one or you don’t.
The good news is, it’s easy to have one.
If you want a strong worth ethic, all you have to do is decide. Decide to have one, and you shall.
Once you’ve made your decision, then you get your ass to work!
It’s as simple as that, and then you patiently let that work shower you with its gifts.
It’s a beautiful thing.
Work Ethic Defined
Here is the Merriam Webster’s definition of work ethic:
“a belief in work as a moral good: a set of values centered on the importance of doing work and reflected especially in a desire or determination to work hard”
I like how the definition uses the word ‘belief in work as a moral good’.
I like it because it’s true. You should have a belief in work as a moral good. Not just for the fun of it, no. But rather for what it will do for you.
Typically, you can come to acquire this belief in one of two ways.
The first is to just have faith. You have faith that hard work will bring good to your life, and then you act upon that faith.
The second way is to wait till reality slaps you across the face after 5, 10, or 20 years of coasting. When you realize you’ve haven’t accomplished jack sh…anything with your life, you’ll come to understand.
When you finally realize hard work was that missing ingredient in all your endeavors, your belief in work will become more likely. This is the unfortunate way to find out, but when it happens, you’ll become a believer. You’ll finally obtain the belief that work was, is, and will be a moral good for your life.
And for those that never come to believe, well…. I suppose the world has a place for them, it’s called poor.
For the believers, here is a simple way to turn your strong work ethic on. It is a simple two-step process.
1.) FIND OUT what it is you truly want in your life, for yourself, for your legacy (it could be money, pet tigers, freedom, early-retirement, a movie made after you, it doesn’t matter, so long as it is something).
2.) Then decide to GO GET IT!
Related: Badass Work Ethic Quotes
Orient Toward Results
If you don’t want more of anything, well, then that’s a problem.
If more money, more success, more options, or more freedom for you and your life doesn’t interest you, then you won’t take action on anything. And if you are not taking action and chasing after something, well, we call that unmotivated.
And unmotivated people can’t have a strong work-ethic.
It is a simple as that.
Motivation and work ethic are buds, best buds.
If you are just showing up to work to pay the bills, of course you won’t have a strong work ethic.
Paying the bills is a necessity. It is not something that inspires maximum effort.
A strong work ethic stems from a decision to strive for something above and beyond what you now have. It arrives when you’ve made up your mind to achieve something more, to become something more, to get something you truly want.
When you decide on what that something is, when you discover something worthy of your full pursuit, then you’ll put forth the effort.
Tie your efforts to a result. The bigger results you go after, the bigger your efforts will be.
Weak Effort Weak Results
But know this, if you put forth weak efforts, you’ll get weak results. And If you get weak results, you must be honest enough with yourself to see that maybe, just maybe, you really don’t want what you want.
But if after a little introspection, you realize your aim is true, well then, you’ll know what to do…
DIAL UP THE EFFORT!
When you KNOW what you want, you will do whatever it takes to GET IT.
The knowing creates the doing, and the doing creates the work ethic.
Others will see you grinding and say things like, “Dang, he’s driven” or “Wow, she sure has a killer work ethic”, and then think to themselves… “Yeah, they’re going places!”
And they’ll be right! You will be going places alright, you’ll be going up, up, and up!
So, remember my friend, work ethic is a decision thing. It’s a decision to be, and the decision to do. So never forget what little Yoda said… “There is no try, there is only do.”
The Strong Work Ethic
A strong work ethic looks a little something like this:
You out DO your competition.
You out DO the expectations of others.
You out DO your own expectations.
You DO WHATEVER IT TAKES.
You do whatever it takes in terms of time, effort, flexibility, and any other demands that are placed upon you to win your prize.
You do, do, do, and then you do some more!
“Work like someone is trying to take it all away from you…. Because someone usually is.” – Mark CubanTweet Quote
Clearly, having a strong work ethic is not the end-all-be-all in life.
Some people can find happiness living with bare minimums.
So long as these people don’t complain about not having much, all is good.
The problem arises when people want much but aren’t willing to do what it takes to earn it.
We have a little name for people like that, it’s called LAZY.
But that’s not your camp friend, you know what you need to do.
So, let’s show the world we’re not babies, let’s get off our asses and go do.
HOW TO FIND MOTIVATION AT WORK
If you’re struggling with office motivation and you’re searching for some effective ways to find motivation at work, then this resource is for you. Before we dive into those details, let us first start with the subject of motivation in general.
Why is it that sometimes we go to work smiling, while other times the thought of going to the office fills us with dread? Is motivation really to blame here?
Motivation is this elusive thing that we keep chasing, sometimes without ever feeling able to catch it. But motivation is not a mirage or a pot at the end of a rainbow, and it’s not just in the books and the movies. It’s in all of us, and it’s up to us to find it.
Before we embark on a journey of finding motivation, let’s examine why we lose it.
Why Don’t We Have Motivation at Work?
There are many reasons why you might not feel motivated at work. Sometimes it’s personal. Problems in the family or issues with your partner can bring you down.
Other days it’s just work. A disrespectful boss or a noisy colleague could make your office motivation disappear in seconds.
People don’t really think about it, but you could lose the will to work simply because you are not happy with where you are in life. Seeing your friends having successful careers, stable marriages, and doing the things you once wished for, could be a real buzzkill.
Problems at Work
Work itself could also kill our will to be there. If you get constantly criticized but never praised, this could be a big demotivator. Also, when work stops being interesting and challenging, and instead becomes a chore, you might start getting tired and lose motivation altogether as well.
What Makes Us Lose Office Motivation?
There could be many reasons why you hate going to the office. Usually, there is a common theme between them. Acknowledging them, finding their relations, and working to change your situation could greatly improve how you feel in the workplace.
Letting Mistakes Affect Your Work
Everyone makes mistakes. No matter how well you do your job, you are still prone to making mistakes. But beating yourself up over them can kill your desire to work. Focusing too much on the negatives can drain your willpower.
Micromanagement is a common problem that many employees experience, and lots of experienced and newly promoted managers are guilty of. Being micromanaged takes away your autonomy and makes you feel like your boss doesn’t trust you to do your job.
Distributing Time Unevenly
We’re all guilty of poor time management. Distributing your work time unevenly can lead to things spiraling out of control. Putting more time for less important tasks and leaving the more important ones for last could slow project progress and mess with your colleagues’ schedules.
You do your job and you give your 100% month after month, putting longer hours and making sure clients are happy, but your boss doesn’t seem to notice your efforts. Yet, you are constantly reminded of your mistakes. Having only your mistakes pointed out, without being praised for your hard work, is a sure way to lose any desire to make an effort.
Related: How to Get Motivated Everyday
Best Ways to Find Motivation at Work
There are many surefire ways to find what motivates you in the workplace. For some employees, it boils down to what they like about their company and job. For others, it’s more about the social connections they make, or the sense of feeling valued.
If you’re struggling to find what really motivates you – or if you’re a company trying to learn how to better motivate your employees – then consider employee engagement software such as Clarity Wave.
Tools like this can help you find what is motivating about work by measuring the workplace climate through regular micro-surveys. This helps employees be heard and appreciated, and fosters a sense of community.
Limit Your Time in the Office
Spending too much time in the office and trying to finish everything as fast as possible won’t get you anywhere. It’s not only unhealthy, but also counterproductive. Your brain has a limit, and going on autopilot for too long will fry it. Instead, track how much time you work on each task. If you are spending too much time on one thing, then look for ways to streamline your process so you can focus on more engaging tasks, or even go home earlier!
Focus on the Positive
You make mistakes, and you will get scolded for them. It’s part of your boss’s job to tell you when you screwed up. It’s unpleasant, but it’s not a reason to stop doing your job. Put your feelings aside and don’t overthink the situation. Almost always it’s not personal, so thinking about it will only accomplish nothing. A simple DO IT is what it takes to fix things.
Results vs. Promotion
Many people focus on what they could get from the company they work for. People work to get a pay raise or promotion. There’s nothing inherently bad with that. But what do you do afterward?
You pushed your boss for that promotion, and in return they will expect you to slam dunk that KPI. And failing will feel like a cold shower. Instead, work to get results as opposed to getting a promotion. That show’s professionalism and altruism and will look much better with your superiors.
Create Daily Goals
One way to motivate yourself at work is to have goals – daily, weekly, monthly. Create goals and stick to them. This will give you enough things to do to keep work from feeling boring.
For example, try creating daily goals that you can accomplish by the end of the workday, and push yourself to do them. This will give you a sense of accomplishment and will boost your motivation.
How to Keep Your Work Motivation Going
The key to keeping yourself motivated in the office is not to accept it as a one-time thing. You should make sure that whatever drives you to get up, dress, and go to work is the same thing that helps you close projects and hit company goals.
Create a Routine
COVID-19 really messed with a lot of people’s way of working. Many were forced to work from home. Now that they are getting back into the habit of going to the office, many aren’t finding that transition easy.
It might help if you create a routine instead of trying to do everything at once. Multitasking sounds great on paper, but in practice will not make you more productive. Having a mental checklist will get you through the hardest of days. Think about the one thing every day that you will absolutely crush. And do it.
Understand What it is That You Like About Your Work
When you feel unmotivated, think about why you do your job. What is it that you like about it, what made you send your resume in the first place. Your job might not always be “exciting,” “cool,” or “fun,” but it’s what you’ve been paid to you, and what you ultimately agreed to do.
Find what drives you to go to work every single day and remember it when things get hard.
Related: Monday Motivation Quotes
Is Office Motivation Everything?
What makes an employee successful is a combination of many factors, and what drives someone to do their best often depends on personal traits. But ultimately, success and motivation go hand in hand with happiness.
Being happy in the workplace makes your job easier, and is the type of brand advocacy every company should strive for.
Till next time,
PS – If you enjoyed this article on how to find motivation at work, then you’ll certainly love these power tips on how to find motivation for work. You may also enjoy these other motivational resources that can support you as well:
70+ MOTIVATIONAL RAY LEWIS QUOTES TO INSPIRE YOUR GREATNESS
Ray Lewis was one of the greatest Linebacker’s to ever play in the NFL, if not the greatest. More than almost any other athlete, Ray Lewis embodies the the true heart of a champion. He exudes a level of focus, determination, and work-ethic like no other. Which is why we’ve decided to publish this collection of Ray Lewis quotes.
Our hope is that they’ll inspire you to emulate the drive and work-ethic that helped Ray Lewis achieve much of his success. May they help you smash through all of your life’s challenges with the same ferocity of one of the most fearsome athletes the NFL has ever known.
So, if you’re ready to get fired up with these highly motivating Ray Lewis quotes, let’s dive right in:
Best Ray Lewis Quotes for Achieving Success
Ray Lewis is a master motivator, and this initial list is a collection of our best Ray Lewis quotes for helping you achieve more success. Apply the wisdom from these quotes in all you do, and we don’t doubt you’ll eventually find more success in all you do:
1. “Never be comfortable with just enough.” – Ray Lewis
2. “Wins and losses come a dime a dozen. But effort? Nobody can judge that. Because effort is between you and you.” – Ray Lewis
3. “To be the best and stay there, sweat is necessary.” – Ray Lewis
4. “Don’t let your alarm clock, be the only reason you wake up.” – Ray Lewis
5. “The hardest thing to do is work hard when no one is watching.” – Ray Lewis
6. “If you can’t imagine yourself being out of the hood, you’ll keep going back to the hood.” – Ray Lewis
“If you can’t imagine yourself being out of the hood, you’ll keep going back to the hood.” – Ray LewisTweet Quote
7. “What if we do the impossible?… If I miss anything about my career, it will be to listen to what people say you can’t do and then go do it.” – Ray Lewis
8. “My pain is my badge of honor.” – Ray Lewis
9. “The greatest opportunity is found here today… We already now what yesterday has got for us. It’s already gone. Tomorrow, too far away. What about right now!” – Ray Lewis
10. “I was willing to put in the work.” – Ray Lewis
11. “I’m pissed off for greatness. Because if you ain’t pissed off for Greatness, that means you’re OK with being mediocre.” – Ray Lewis
12. “One thing about God’s will, you can never see God’s will before it happens. You can only see at the end of it.” – Ray Lewis
13. “It has nothing to do with talent and everything to do with effort.” – Ray Lewis
14. “Man believes in the possible, God believes in the impossible.” – Ray Lewis
15. “I prepare so no one can take what is mine, no one can replace my mind, my heart.” – Ray Lewis
16. “You show me your crowd, I’ll show you your future.” – Ray Lewis
17. “Man doesn’t dictate what you do or how you do it. If you believe in God, believe in God; have your faith in him. That’s where my faith lies.” – Ray Lewis
18. “You have to be careful of people who like to talk a big game but can’t back it up.” – Ray Lewis
Ray Lewis Motivational Quotes
This next batch of Ray Lewis quotes really packs a punch. These are the Ray Lewis motivational quotes that will help you up your intensity and make you want to put everything you got into your tasks at hand. Give them a read and then let them push you to find the success you’re after.
19. “Before anything great is really achieved, your comfort zone must be disturbed.” – Ray Lewis
20. “All I know is grind.” – Ray Lewis
21. “It don’t matter about me. What matters about me is sacrificing for you, for the ultimate goal, which is us.” – Ray Lewis
22. “My thing… is to come in and be who I am, which is the most dominant player in the game.” – Ray Lewis
23. “Do whatever you gotta do to chase your legacy every second of your life.” – Ray Lewis
24. “Greatness is a lot of small things done well stacked up on each other day after day workout after workout.” – Ray Lewis
25. “Every day of my life, I’m trying to find a different way to get better.” – Ray Lewis
26. “Don’t walk through life just playing football. Don’t walk through life just being an athlete. Athletics will fade. Character and integrity and really making an impact on someone’s life, that’s the ultimate vision, that’s the ultimate goal – bottom line.” – Ray Lewis
“Don’t walk through life just playing football. Don’t walk through life just being an athlete. Athletics will fade. Character and integrity and really making an impact on someone’s life, that’s the ultimate vision, that’s the ultimate goal – bottom line.” – Ray LewisTweet Quote
27. “So, if I give any credit, besides giving all credit to God, for being healthy, it’s just my workout and how much torture I put my body through in the offseason.” – Ray Lewis
Keep to it, you are more than halfway through these inspiring Ray Lewis quotes, and the 2nd half only gets better.
See a quote that you like? Share it!
Related: Self-Discipline Quotes for Success
28. “Pay attention who is for you, and who is against you.” – Ray Lewis
29. “Pain is only temporary, no matter how long it lasts.” – Ray Lewis
30. “Effort is between you and you.” – Ray Lewis
31. “I’ve got kids that are always watching and I taught them to always finish something you started.” – Ray Lewis
32. “You can either make the play or you can watch the play be made.” – Ray Lewis
33. “No matter the circumstances that you may be going through, just push through it.” – Ray Lewis
“No matter the circumstances that you may be going through, just push through it.” – Ray LewisTweet Quote
34. “We get one opportunity in life. Once chance at life to do whatever you’re going to do, to lay your foundation and make whatever mark you’re going to make. Whatever legacy you’re going to leave; leave your legacy!” – Ray Lewis
Ray Lewis Quotes About Life
Ray Lewis is more than just a great football player. He has stepped up to be an inspiration to countless people through the motivational speeches and inspiring pep-talks he’s given across the country. With that said, his advice is not just applicable to finding success on the football field, but also to finding more success in life.
As such, you’ll enjoy these Ray Lewis quotes about life, and hopefully, they’ll inspire and show the way to live a more impactful one.
35. “You’ve gotta be hungry for it; ready to put everything into it. EVERYTHING! Every second. You have to be the first one to the line. That’s how leaders are born.” – Ray Lewis
36. “The only thing that follows work is results.” – Ray Lewis
37. “If tomorrow wasn’t promised, what would you give for today.” – Ray Lewis
38. “The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow.” – Ray Lewis
39. “When I step on the field, it’s on. I know it’s time to go to work.” – Ray Lewis
40. “Whatever you want to do, Go Do It!” – Ray Lewis
41. “Success is one thing, impact is another.” – Ray Lewis
42. “Don’t the only way to defeat pain is to recognize pain exists.” – Ray Lewis
43. “You got to be willing to walk through a storm. That’s what I tell people all of the time.” – Ray Lewis
44. “Unshakeable faith and passionate work make all your dreams a reality.” – Ray Lewis
45. “Embrace your pain, maintain your faith, do your work, leave your legacy.” – Ray Lewis
46. “Bottom line, your body is a temple, and you have to treat it that way. That’s how God designed it.” – Ray Lewis
“Bottom line, your body is a temple, and you have to treat it that way. That’s how God designed it.” – Ray LewisTweet Quote
47. “I figured something out. And it is no secret what I figured out. Whatever the majority of people were doing, I found myself doing the opposite. I wanted to chase something great.” – Ray Lewis
48. “In any war, you put your back to mine, I put my back to yours, and let’s do what we gotta do.” – Ray Lewis
49. “There’s one secret to hitting hard, and that is to completely dedicate your body. That’s the difference between a man going forward and a man going backward, no matter how big he is.” – Ray Lewis
50. “Do you. Don’t do it to be liked. Do it to be respected.” – Ray Lewis
51. “What’s the difference between you and the man sitting beside you? It’s 1%. In my business. Only 1% make it. If everyone had the same dream, only 1 will make it from this crowd. Who will be that one?” – Ray Lewis
52. “With all the things I’ve been through, the No. 1 thing that I’ve learned is that we’re supposed to help people through this world.” – Ray Lewis
Related: Badass Quotes on Effort
53. “You’re always one play away from changing the game.” – Ray Lewis
54. “It’s better to be respected then liked.” – Ray Lewis
55. “Respect is earned. Respect is never given.” – Ray Lewis
56. “When that whistle blows we unleash hell.” – Ray Lewis
57. “Life sometimes is the most amazing thing that you can ever experience when it comes to impacting people.” – Ray Lewis
58. “You got to sacrifice something to get anything that you want to get in life.” – Ray Lewis
59. “What have you sacrificed? Everybody wants something. Everybody wants to make more money, everybody wants a bigger house, everybody wants to change their situation. My question… what are you sacrificing?” – Ray Lewis
60. “Your energy is your currency.” – Ray Lewis
61. “If you principles are the foundations of who you are, then your potential is limitless.” – Ray Lewis
62. “Your principles dictate how committed you are to being successful.” – Ray Lewis
63. “This foundation, you can’t move it. This frame, you can’t bend it. I don’t just train, I push, I demand. My game, never miss it. My heart, never doubt it.” – Ray Lewis
“This foundation, you can’t move it. This frame, you can’t bend it. I don’t just train, I push, I demand. My game, never miss it. My heart, never doubt it.” – Ray LewisTweet Quote
64. “Until you get to the point in your life, that you want to change it where you will sacrifice anything…it’s the only way change is going to happen.” – Ray Lewis
65. “I always tell people who can’t find a way… DON’T EVER GIVE UP!” – Ray Lewis
66. “A goal remains a goal until you write it on a piece of paper, then it becomes a vision.” – Ray Lewis
“A goal remains a goal until you write it on a piece of paper, then it becomes a vision.” – Ray LewisTweet Quote
67. “I always tried to figure out what’s the difference between good and great. Good is fitting in. GREAT is fitting out!” – Ray Lewis
68. “They say old school doesn’t help, I beg to differ. Old school is the reason I am standing here. My momma putting her hands on me… is the reason I am here.” – Ray Lewis
69. “It’s up to us to change the culture. We can’t let social media dictate what our kids see and can’t see.” – Ray Lewis
70. “Turn your pain into power.” – Ray Lewis
71. “Make your greatest power your greatest ability, which is effort, effort, effort, effort.” – Ray Lewis
72. “I learned that there’s a different side of pain. On the other side of it is GLORY, if you push through it.” – Ray Lewis
Bonus Ray Lewis Quote
Bonus: Out of all of the inspiring and motivational Ray Lewis quotes we’ve covered up until this point, this last one is probably our favorite. It’s short, but it says everything you need to know to achieve more success, make a bigger impact, and reach your full potential in life. Here it is….
Video Credit: Chispa Motivation (Subscribe Here)
There you have it, the most hard-hitting Ray Lewis quotes on the web capable of inspiring your Greatness. Be sure to book mark this page, or come back whenever you want to channel that same relentless energy Ray Lewis used to achieve his Greatness.
With that being said, we hope you enjoyed these quotes, and if you think they can help inspire someone else to become their best, please share this page with them.
Till next time,
PS – If you enjoyed these inspiring Ray Lewis quotes, then you’ll certainly love these quotes from another G.O.A.T – Tom Brady.
55+ MAKING MOVES QUOTES FOR THOSE READY TO HUSTLE AND GO PLACES
We still believe in the American Dream here at The STRIVE. We believe that with the right attitude, an inspiring dream, and a willingness to work hard, anything is possible. So, if you’re here in search of a little inspiration to give you that boost to keep striving to further yourself or to improve your circumstances, then you’ll enjoy this collection of Making Moves Quotes.
Give them a read, and let them fire you up so you can get out there and start making moves of your own. Let’s get it!
BEST MAKING MOVES QUOTES
1. “If you don’t make bold moves, the world doesn’t move forward.” – Richard Branson
2. “Hustle in silence and let your success make the noise.” – Anonymous
3. “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” – Nora Roberts
4. “Lay low and boss up.” – Anonymous
5. “Life is a game board. Time is your opponent. If you procrastinate, you will lose the game. You must make a move to be victorious.” – Napoleon Hill
“Life is a game board. Time is your opponent. If you procrastinate, you will lose the game. You must make a move to be victorious.” – Napoleon HillClick to tweet
6. “Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men.” – Goethe
7. “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.” – Anonymous
8. “Quiet moves often make a stronger impression than a wild combination with heavy sacrifices.” – Mikhail Tal
9. “Patience; this is the greatest business asset. Wait for the right time to make your moves.” – J. Paul Getty
10. “Gotta move different when you want different.” – Anonymous
11. “If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
12. “Make more moves and less announcements.” – Anonymous
13. “Be confident, be powerful and make moves like a boss.” – Jessica Duckett
14. “Keep making moves. Never stop working. Never stop grinding.” – Anonymous
15. “Life is about making the right decisions and moving on.” – Josh Rayburn
16. “Plot quietly and humbly. Manifest fruitfully and abundantly.” – Anonymous
17. “If you’re serious about changing your life, you’ll find a way. If you’re not, you’ll find an excuse.” – Jen Sincero
18. “Never announce your moves before you make them.” – Anonymous
19. “By working hard, by making the right moves, you can create your own luck, I think.” – Richard Branson
20. “Make moves or make excuses.” – Anonymous
21. “The path to success is to take massive, determined action.” – Tony Robbins
22. “We uncover our nature through action.” – Steven Pressfield
23. “Look, I don’t dance now, I make money moves.” – Cardi B
24. “Money moves from those who do not manage it to those who do.” – Dave Ramsey
25. “I knew that if I failed, I wouldn’t regret that, but the one thing I might regret was not trying” – Jeff Bezos
“I knew that if I failed, I wouldn’t regret that, but the one thing I might regret was not trying” – Jeff BezosClick to tweet
26. “Build, not bought. Hustle, not handed. Earned, not given.” – Anonymous
27. “Dream big, start small, but most of all, start.” – Simon Sinek
28. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the things you did.” – Mark Twain
29. “The way to get rich is to make money, not to save it.” – Kate Chopin
30. “The rich invest in time, the poor invest in money.” – Warren Buffett
31. “Don’t mistake silence for weakness. Smart people don’t plan big moves out loud.” – Anonymous
32. “Men of action are favored by the goddess of good luck.” – George S. Clason
33. “You can’t make big moves if you’re easily stumped by small thinking.” – Rene Rodriguez
34. “If you wait until you are ready, as the saying goes, you will wait forever.” – Gene Simmons
35. “The key to success is to start before you are ready.” – Marie Forleo
36. “I hear you making excuses but I’m far too busy making moves. Join me or be quiet.” – Anonymous
37. “Making a big life change is pretty scary. But know what’s even scarier? Regret.” – Zig Ziglar
38. “One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted to do. Do it now.” – Paulo Coelho
39. “Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.” – Wayne Dyer
40. “Fortune favors the bold.” – Virgil
41. “Work hard and never make excuses.” – Master P
42. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs
43. “You are what you do, not what you say you do.” – Carl Jung
44. “The future depends on what you do today.” – Mahatma Ghandi
45. “If we fail to adapt, we fail to move forward.” – John Wooden
46. “Expect change. Analyze the landscape. Take the opportunities. Stop being the chess piece; become the player. It’s your move.” – Tony Robbins
47. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
48. “Give your dreams all you’ve got, and you’ll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you.” – William James
49. “Those at the top of the mountain didn’t fall there. Make your move!” – Atlas Rowe
50. “We cannot become what we want by remaining what we are.” – Max De Pree
51. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
52. “Take action! An inch of movement will bring you closer to your goals than a mile of intention.” – Steve Maraboli
53. “Thinking will not overcome fear but action will.” – W. Clement Stone
54. “If you don’t like where you are at, move. You’re not a tree.” – Anonymous
55. “Make your next move your best move.” – Stephen Williams
Bonus Quote on Making Moves
Bonus: Here’s one last quote we wan to leave you with, with regard to making moves….
We hope you enjoyed this collection of Making Moves Quotes. If any caught your eye, please share them, because you never know you you might inspire. A few powerful words, delivered at the right time, can turn someone’s whole world around.
With that said, the only way to achieve what you want in this life is to start making moves, so get after it. And don’t stop till you get there…
TOP 25+ YOU ARE A BADASS QUOTES BY JEN SINCERO
Jen Sincero is a #1 New York Times bestselling author, speaker, and motivational coach who’s helped countless people transform their personal lives with her books, online advice, and coaching. With that said, her book You Are a Badass is a powerful resource that can help just about anyone make big and exciting changes in their lives, and level up in general. As such, we’ve rounded up some of the best You Are A Badass Quotes we could find.
Our hope is that they’ll inspire you enough to learn more about Jen Sincero’s life-changing philosophy, and prompt you to begin becoming a badass of your own.
So, without further ado, let’s dive into these power quotes from You Are a Badass:
BEST YOU ARE A BADASS QUOTES
1. “There’s nothing as unstoppable as a freight train full of fu**-yeah.” – Jen Sincero
2. “If you’re serious about changing your life, you’ll find a way. If you’re not, you’ll find an excuse.” – Jen Sincero
3. “You are responsible for what you say and do. You are not responsible for whether or not people freak out about it.” – Jen Sincero
4. “So often, we pretend we’ve made a decision, when what we’ve really done is signed up to try until it gets too uncomfortable.” – Jen Sincero
5. “You need to have a ten-ton gorilla of desire behind your decision or else you’ll wimp out the second things get hard.” – Jen Sincero
“You need to have a ten-ton gorilla of desire behind your decision or else you’ll wimp out the second things get hard.” – Jen SinceroClick to tweet
6. “You are loved. Massively. Ferociously. Unconditionally. The Universe is totally freaking out about how awesome you are. It’s got you wrapped in a warm gorilla hug of adoration. It wants to give you everything you desire. It wants you to be happy. It wants you to see what it sees in you.” – Jen Sincero
7. “You need to go from wanting to change your life to deciding to change your life.” – Jen Sincero
8. “What other people think about you has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them.” – Jen Sincero
9. “It never ceases to amaze me the precious time we spend chasing the squirrels around our brains, playing out our dramas, worrying about unwanted facial hair, seeking adoration, justifying our actions, complaining about slow Internet connections, dissecting the lives of idiots, when we are sitting in the middle of a full-blown miracle that is happening right here, right now.” – Jen Sincero
10. “On the other side of your fear is freedom” – Jen Sincero
11. “We only get to be in our bodies for a limited time, why not celebrate the journey instead of merely riding it out until it’s over?” – Jen Sincero
12. “Nobody who ever accomplished anything big of new or worth raising a celebratory first in the air did it from their comfort zone.” – Jen Sincero
13. “Never apologize for who you are. It lets the whole world down.” – Jen Sincero
14. “We are all perfect in our own, magnificent, f***ed-up ways. Laugh at yourself. Love yourself and others. Rejoice in the cosmic ridiculousness.” – Jen Sincero
15. “Take care of yourself as if you’re the most awesome person you’ve ever met.” – Jen Sincero
16. “You cut yourself off from the supply of awesomeness when you are not in a state of gratitude.” – Jen Sincero
17. “You are responsible for what you say and do. You are not responsible for whether or not people freak out about it.” – Jen Sincero
18. “Surrendering is the free-falling backwards into the unknown and trusting that The Universe will catch you.” – Jen Sincero
19. “Our thoughts become our words, our words become our beliefs, our beliefs become our actions, our actions become our habits, and our habits become our realities.” – Jen Sincero
20. “Deciding is freedom. Indecision is torture.” – Jen Sincero
21. “In order to kick ass you must first lift up your foot.” – Jen Sincero
22. “Say nice things about your body, dress it up, and take it out. Give it hot sex, luxurious baths, and massages. Move it, stretch it, nourish it, hydrate it, pay attention to it—The better our bodies feel, the happier and more productive we are.” – Jen Sincero
23. “Don’t waste your precious time giving one single crap about what anybody else thinks of you.” – Jen Sincero
24. “If you want to live a life you’ve never lived, you have to do things you’ve never done.” – Jen Sincero
25. “Your reality is created by what you focus on and how you choose to interpret it.” – Jen Sincero
“Your reality is created by what you focus on and how you choose to interpret it.” – Jen SinceroClick to tweet
26. “When you love yourself enough to stand in your truth no matter what the cost, everyone benefits.” – Jen Sincero
27. “Most answers reveal themselves through doing, not thinking.” – Jen Sincero
28. “Wallowing in the pain and suffering isn’t going to help anyone, yourself included, any more than starving yourself will help the hungry. If you want to help the world and yourself, keep your frequency high and do your work from a place of power and joy.” – Jen Sincero
29. “Who you surround yourself with greatly affects how you see your world and how high you set the bar for yourself.” – Jen Sincero
30. “Your beliefs hold the key to your financial success.” – Jen Sincero
31. “When you hang out with whiners, pessimists, tweakers, bleakers, freakers-outers and life-is-so-unfairers, it’s an uphill climb to keep yourself in a positive headspace. Stay away from people with tiny minds and tiny thoughts and start hanging out with people who see limitless possibility as the reality.” – Jen Sincero
32. “What if you decided to do the most outrageous, most exciting thing you ever dared fantasize about, regardless of what anyone, including your terrified self, thought? THAT would be living.” – Jen Sincero
33. “All life is either moving forward and evolving or shrinking back and dying. If you want to evolve in your own life, you have to push through the obstacles instead of running from them. Obstacles and challenges are the agents of growth.” – Jen Sincero
34. “You are a badass. You were one when you came screaming onto this planet and you are one now. The Universe wouldn’t have bothered with you otherwise. You can’t screw up so majorly that your badassery disappears. It is who you are. It’s who you always will be. It’s not up for negotiation.” – Jen Sincero
35. “Love yourself.” – Jen Sincero
36. “You are perfect. To think anything less is as pointless as a river thinking that it’s got too many curves or that it moves too slowly or that its rapids are too rapid.” – Jen Sincero
37. “The only failure is quitting. Everything else is just gathering information.” – Jen Sincero
38. “You faith in The Universe must be stronger than your fear of not getting what you want.” – Jen Sincero
39. “One of the best things you can do to improve the world is to improve yourself.” – Jen Sincero
Bonus Quote From You Are a Badass
Bonus: Here’s one last final quote from You Are A Badass, it’s a great piece of advice, and we think that there is true power behind it. Enjoy!
“Be Who You Are Regardless of What Anybody Else Things or Believes Is Possible.“” – Jen SinceroClick to tweet
Jen Sincero created a masterpiece with her book, and as you can tell from this list of top You Are A Badass Quotes, that she has much wisdom and life-changing advice to impart.
With that said, if you have yet to read her book, you can get it here:
Note: We’re reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission
Till next time,
10 BEST MOTIVATIONAL VIDEOS EVER
Welcome to The STRIVE and our unique list of what we believe are some of the best motivational videos ever. But, before we get into them we want to have a quick chat with you about motivation in general.
Motivation Can Be Optimized
We believe true motivation begins from within. But, we also believe it can be optimized with motivation hacks like videos, movies, or music. In fact, there is a famous quote regarding motivation, which makes this point well, and it goes like this… “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing, that’s why we recommend it daily.” This quote is from Zig Ziglar, one of best motivational speakers of the 21th century. The quote sums up a point that we aim to convince you of, and that is, this… Motivation needs to be digested on the daily to keep you fired up towards your goals.
Of course, we believe that true motivation always begins from within. And that our strongest motivation to achieve will come when we have a crystal-clear vision of exactly what it is that we are trying to accomplish. However, we also believe, that we can rely on external resources to optimize our motivational levels.
Internal + External Motivation = Optimal Motivation
Optimal motivation is the state of maintaining the highest level of intensity and drive towards the achieving of one’s goals in the least amount of time. And it can be achieved when we combine both a strong and clear vision for what we want to do, with external stimulus to keep us primed for moving forward at the pace and intensity in which we began our quest to achieve our grand goals.
In other words, we can always use external motivation as the kick in the pants we need to stay on track to achieve our goals with the enthusiasm and within the time frames we initially set out to achieve them.
Therefore, to help you maintain optimal levels of motivation, we’ve pulled together a list of the 10 best motivational videos ever made.
We’ve reviewed hundreds of motivational videos for this page, and these videos are hands down, the best out there. And we did this so you don’t have to waste time viewing motivational video upon motivational video just to find that one that really gets you moving.
So, to add to your repertoire of motivation hacks, give these motivational videos a view. And if they do the trick, bookmark this page, and come back to them whenever you are in need of optimal motivation.
THE 10 BEST MOTIVATIONAL VIDEOS EVER
Note: Below is our favorite list of timeless motivational videos for optimizing motivation. Each contains a short description, along with an inspiring excerpt pulled straight from the video. Enjoy!
#1 Best Motivational Video Ever
‘Versus’ is one of the most powerful motivational speeches ever. It’s like having a coach or father figure give you a little pep talk to encourage you to step up to the plate and strive for your potential. It’s short, but it packs a punch.
“The only difference between making history and being history, the only thing, THE ONLY THING you can count on at any given moment is YOU!”Click to tweet
#2 Best Motivational Video Ever
‘How Successful People Think’ is a mashup of inspiring advice from some of the world’s most successful people, like Magic Johnson, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and many more.
“You’ve got to shoot for the top. You’ve got to really have big goals and think big. You don’t achieve big things by accident.”Click to tweet
#3 Best Motivational Video Ever
‘Simon Sinek On Millennials In The Workplace’ is a must see video of you are a Millennial. The bulk of the video is of Simon Sinek being interviewed by Tom Bilyeu, so it’s not your typical high-energy type of motivational video, but it is motivational none the less. Primarily because of the truthful insights Sinek provides, which will help you want to get your stuff together and start taking more action, to achieve success and something meaningful as a Millennial.
“Apparently Millennials are tough to manage, and they’re accused of being entitled, and narcissistic, self-interested, unfocused, lazy, but entitled is the big one.”Click to tweet
#4 Best Motivational Video Ever
‘Prove Them Wrong’ is short but powerful video that includes inspiring imagery and a handful of encouraging messages from various leaders, motivational speakers, and coaches that will make you want to get to work on achieving success and proving “them” wrong.
“The most powerful and motivational speeches I’ve ever heard, came from people who told me I couldn’t do something.”Click to tweet
#5 Best Motivational Video Ever
‘How Bad Do You Want It?’ is five minutes and fifty one seconds of hard-hitting life advice from motivational speaker and performance coach Eric Thomas. If you’re serious about finding success, by the end of this video, you’ll be ready to make some serious changes in your life.
“If you’re going to be successful, you’ve got to be willing to give up some sleep. Sleep? Sleep is for those people who are broke…”Click to tweet
#6 Best Motivational Video Ever
‘Dream’ is a well-crafted montage of inspiring scenes from a variety of movies, with some of the most thought-provoking words of encouragement from people like Les Brown, Will Smith, and a few others. If you’re looking for motivation, it is definitely worth watching.
#7 Best Motivational Video Ever
‘Everybody Wants To Be a Beast’ is one of the most charged motivational speeches Eric Thomas has ever made. It’s real, raw, and it doesn’t sugar coat the truth about why most people fail to find the success they dream of. It’s a must watch video if you’re looking for motivational video that will practically force you stop making excuses and start taking action.
#8 Best Motivational Video Ever
‘One of the Best Motivational Videos I’ve Ever Seen’ has a long title, but it’s extremely short. The video showcases a handful of real life success stories of people who were told they wouldn’t or couldn’t be successful, yet against all odds, and against their doubter’s predictions, they prevailed. It’s worth the minute it will take you to watch it.
#9 Best Motivational Video Ever
‘Why Do We Fall’ is another masterpiece created by Mateusz M. The video montage starts off with Rocky’s motivating speech to his son, and then blends masterfully with some of the best speeches of all time from movies like ‘Any Given Sunday’, ‘Pursuit of Happyness’, and many more. It’s a great video that will make you want dig deep down to find the motivation you need.
“It ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving it forward.”Click to tweet
#10 Best Motivational Video Ever
‘Rocky 5 Lessons of Life’ is a highly emotional scene from Rocky 5, where Rocky is reminiscing about a pep talk he had with Micky when he was still alive. It has a slow start, but the climax of the scene makes it one of the most powerful pep-talks you’ll probably ever hear.
“This here is the favorite thing I have on this earth, and Rocky Marciano gave me that. You know what it was? His cufflink. And now I am giving it to you. It’s gotta be like an angel on your shoulder see, and if you ever get hurt, and you feel that your going down…. this little angel is gonna whisper in your ear… and he’s gonna say…. GET UP YOU SON OF BITCH!! CAUSE MICKEY LOVES YOU!”Click to tweet
Did We Say 10?
Okay, so we lied a little. We had to sneak a bonus video in. It is an old one, but full of fire! It is also one of the most watched motivational videos ever, ever, ever, ever (failed attempt at an echo). Seriously, 30,000,000 views and counting.
Bonus Motivational Video
“Unbroken’ is a motivational masterpiece. It consists of some of the most inspirational quotes from visionary Steve Jobs, Les Brown, and others, and combines them with breathtaking, that’s well synced with a stunning soundtrack Do yourself a favor and watch It!
“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.Click to tweet
Stay On Track
There you have it, THE list of the best motivational videos ever made. Here’s a quick recap of our list for ease of reference:
- ‘How Successful People Think’
- ‘Simon Sinek On Millennials In The Workplace’
- ‘Prove Them Wrong’
- ‘How Bad Do You Want It?’
- ‘Dream – Motivational Video’
- ‘Everybody Wants to Be a Beast’
- ‘One of The BEST Motivational Videos I’ve Ever Seen’
- ‘Why Do We Fall’
- ‘Rocky 5 Lessons of Life’
- Bonus: ‘Unbroken – Motivational Video’
We hope these videos help you like they have helped us.
We hope they help you create optimal levels of motivation for staying on track and achieving more. If you found value in this convenient collection of motivational videos by all means share it…
Check out this great collection of Motivational Videos I found. Without a doubt they’ll help you fire up your day! Tweet This
Do you have a motivational video or inspirational video that really gets you fired up to rock life? Is there a motivational video that you think should be on this list? If so, let us know in the comments section below.
Don’t let your fire wane…stay lit, stay motivated, and whatever you do, don’t stop striving!
Till next time…
PS – If you’ve gone through all of these inspiring videos, but you’re still looking for something more, something more tangible, give this motivational journal a look. It may just be exactly what you need!
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER STARTING A MEDIA COMPANY
BEST MOTIVATIONAL SPARTAN QUOTES TO HELP YOU TAKE ON LIFE’S BATTLES
HOW TO FIND MOTIVATION AT WORK
10 REASONS YOU SHOULD START A BLOG THIS YEAR
25 AFFIRMATIONS FOR CONFIDENCE THAT ACTUALLY WORK
5 SUPER SIMPLE WAYS TO BE MORE CONFIDENT
TOP 70+ OG MANDINO QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE TRUE SUCCESS
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2022)
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE SUCCESS
20 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-CONFIDENCE AND IMPROVE SELF-ESTEEM (2022)
25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS THAT ACTUALLY WORK
100 INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
100 BADASS HARD WORK QUOTES TO FIRE UP YOUR WORK ETHIC
55 POWER QUOTES TO HELP YOU FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS
BEST DIGITAL FITNESS PROGRAMS AND ONLINE PERSONAL TRAINER APPS FOR 2022
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. Are you looking for a...
5 MILLIONAIRE SUCCESS HABITS THAT CAN ACTUALLY MAKE YOU RICH
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. These days anyone can become...
10 REASONS BUILDING AN ONLINE BUSINESS IS A GOOD INVESTMENT
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. Have you ever asked yourself,...
Self-Discipline2 weeks ago
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2022)
Quotes4 months ago
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE SUCCESS
Confidence3 months ago
20 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-CONFIDENCE AND IMPROVE SELF-ESTEEM (2022)
Motivation9 months ago
25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS THAT ACTUALLY WORK
Motivation7 months ago
100 INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
Quotes4 months ago
100 BADASS HARD WORK QUOTES TO FIRE UP YOUR WORK ETHIC
Inspiration1 year ago
TOP 55 PURPOSE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
Quotes12 months ago
55 POWER QUOTES TO HELP YOU FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS
Confidence5 months ago
100 INSPIRING COURAGE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FEEL COURAGEOUS
Quotes1 year ago
NO GUTS, NO GLORY
Quotes4 months ago
100+ MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES TO HELP YOU NEVER GIVE UP
Motivation5 months ago
TOP 100 SUCCESS AND MOTIVATIONAL BLOGS FOR 2022