Motivation; it’s like a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. We all want it, we all need it, yet most of us just can’t seem to find it when we need it most.
As elusive as motivation is, the one for sure thing we know about it, is that most people find it difficult to maintain. Even the gurus, the so-called “motivators” lose their motivation from time to time. And those high-performers, the one’s we see on T.V, or read about in Forbes, Inc., and Success Magazine, the one’s who seem to be crushing all of their goals day after day, have their challenges with motivation every now and again too.
What we’ve observed, is that feeling unmotivated is natural, and it happens to the best of us. But, just because it’s natural, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t strive to get motivated and stay motivated.
If you’ve been puzzled by the mystery of motivation in the past, and you’re looking for ways to get motivated to fight off those feelings of being stuck or in a slump, then this article is for you.
We created this article as a solution for the loss of drive and desire to achieve that everyone experiences at some point in their lives. This article is especially for you if you’ve fallen victim to those motivational slumps that can potentially squander your future achievements.
So, if achieving more in life is important to you, you’re going to need to fight for your motivation by learning how to get motivated at will. Why? Because fighting for your motivation is the same as fighting for your dreams.
Having said that, if you’re ready to learn about the best ways to find the motivation needed to make progress in your life, then let’s dive right into this list:
HOW TO GET MOTIVATED: 14 BEST WAYS TO FIND YOUR MOTIVATION TO ACHIEVE
By the end of this article you will know how to get motivated to act in spite of your personal circumstances. So, Are you ready to step into the ring and learn what it takes to fight for your dreams? If so, here you go:
1. Have a Dream
The first and most important thing everyone needs if they want to be moved to take action, is to have a dream. People who have a compelling goal or dream to strive for, rarely lack motivation.
This quote by Antoine De Saint-Exupery points out quite well the power a dream can have on our motivation levels:
“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”
Most people who lack motivation, lack an exciting vision for what they intend to go after. The keyword here is exciting vision. Oftentimes, we don’t give our goals enough thought. Many people choose a goal haphazardly. They choose a goal because they think it’s what they “should” go after, or because it’s a “reasonable” goal. But if you don’t choose a goal based off what you truly want, and if it’s not a goal that resonates deep down in your soul, then you won’t be thrilled to reach it.
But, if you choose to set a goal for yourself that you genuinely desire, a goal that you can clearly see yourself reaching, while having a sense of how amazing things will be once you achieve it, you effectively lay a strong foundation for sustainable motivation.
A wise success guru once said,
“Your better future is a dream, for yourself and for your family. Where do you want to go, what you want to do, what do you want be, what do you want to see. You’ve got to dream dreams.”
Truly, without dreams and visions, our motivation to achieve will perish. So, be sure you decide to go for something that inspires your heart and soul. The clearer and more enticing your dreams, the more intense and lasting your motivation will be. Dream!
2. Make Your Dream a Goal
But, you can’t just stop with a dream. We all have dreams of having a better future, making more money, getting nicer things, gaining more of this and gaining more of that. Everyone dreams, yet not everyone reaches those dreams.
One of the biggest reasons most people don’t come close to ever reaching their dreams is because they run out of motivation. And one of the major reasons people run out of motivation, is because…can you guess it?
One of the major reasons people run out of motivation, is because they never convert their dreams and intentions into a physical goal.
Look, dreams exist in our minds, they are nebulous intentions. And over time, dreams will naturally wither away and morph into memories. But, this doesn’t always have to be the case for them.
No, you can actually give your dreams and the motivation you’ll need to achieve them some lifeblood if you commit your dreams to paper, if you turn them into a written goal.
So, If you really want to see your dream become a reality, and have that dream motivate you to take some serious action, putting pen to paper to write that dream down is a good idea.
Remember, we are not the sum of our intentions, we are the sum of our actions. So, do your motivation a favor and transform that dream of yours into a goal, because goals after all, are just dreams with a deadline.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE GOAL SETTING TEMPLATE
3. Create Habit Triggers
A very simple, but effective way to get you motivated on those days when you’re not feeling “it”, is to create a habit trigger around motivation.
What’s a habit trigger?
A habit trigger can be anything you set up for yourself as an intentional reminder to prompt you to take action on something. For instance, you can set up a habit trigger to help your stay motivated by placing stickers with motivational phrases near your work-space. Or, you can tape an inspirational message, your goals , or whatever, onto your mirror, to remind you to do a certain thing, act a certain way, or strive for a specific goal every day before you leave the house.
Another effective habit trigger could be something as simple as setting a timer on your phone, so when it goes off, it will remind you to take a break, call someone, send an email, do 10 push-ups or whatever task you’ve associated with the trigger to keep you moving forward on your goals.
Truly, habit triggers are an effective motivational tool that can nudge you to do the little things you most want and need to do to reach your goals. But don’t just take our word for it, let this rock star high performance coach, Brendon Burchard explain habit triggers it in more detail for you.
One of the next best ways to get yourself motivated is to…
4. Create Rituals
Ritual is one of the best kept secrets that many high achievers use to get themselves motivated.
If you were to study a hand full of high performers very closely, you would quickly notice that they don’t depend on motivation to strike before they start taking action on their daily goals. If you watched them closely, you’d notice they have what would seem like some magical ability to do much of what they set out to do, even when they don’t feel like it.
And the way they’re able to keep taking action towards their goals (motivated or not), is because they’ve automated the process of motivation through ritual. Most rituals come in the form of an early morning routine, or late night rituals, but the time of the day is not what matters. What matters is the ritual.
These rituals can look like journaling every day, waking up early and meditating, doing pre-work breathing exercises, cold showers or ice-baths, etc. These rituals can be as varied as the person doing them. But, the important thing is that they help revitalize, refresh, and remind you to keep doing what you’ve committed to achieving.
So, if you want to put your motivation on autopilot, ensure you have a ritual. It will help you move your achievement needle forward, even on the days you don’t feel like it.
5. Get Good Sleep
You may have experienced this before, mentally, you want to do something badly, but physically, you just don’t feel up for it. Often, this lack of energy stems from a lack of sleep. And a lack of energy can transform into a lack of motivation.
We’ve experienced this first hand, but there is also research that backs this up. When we don’t get sufficient levels of sleep, our self-control and cognitive performance both get impaired, and when these bad boys get impaired, our motivation can take a dramatic dip.
So, if you’ve been lacking motivation but not sure why, it could be you just need more sleep.
6. Keep the Momentum
This next step is not so much about getting motivated as it is about staying motivated.
When we first start our chasing a goal adventure we have tons of zest and excitement for it. We spend lots of time thinking, tinkering, and taking action to achieve that goal. But, overtime, especially if it’s a mid to long-term goal, our motivation will dissipate. And naturally, when our motivation starts to wane, it’s far easier to get distracted with a little escape or break from the chase. Of course, this is a big no no.
Sure, taking time off to relax or going on vacation is important every now and then, but, it’s important that you don’t do too much of it. Why? Because for every additional day you take off from pursuing your goals, you’ll increase the resistance you’ll face when you try to get back to the chase.
In short, don’t take to much time off from the hustle, it will kill your momentum. And dead momentum will undermine both your motivation and dreams.
7. Listen to Motivational Music
Sometimes, a little music is all it takes to help us get that spark back. Whenever you feel spent, just fire up some good music and it will usually get you back to 100%.
But don’t just turn on the radio and think that any ole song will do. It won’t. If you’re looking to music to help you get your groove back, your best bet is to listen to something that is tried and true.
Basically, any song that has in the past, helped you stoke your internal fire. So, go with songs that have given you goose bumps or have made you feel like you can conquer the world and create an empire. It doesn’t matter if it’s motivational rap songs, rock songs, or classical, so long as it helps rekindle your fire.
Indeed, music can be a used as a catalyst, it can be the kick in the pants you need to get you back on track and fired up to attack.
8. Watch Motivational Movies
Everyone loves a good movie. They act as an escape from the challenges of the real world, giving us momentary relief in a world of fantasy. But that’s not why we recommend watching movies to get you motivated. We are recommending them because movies have the power to inspire us. The right movie can lift our spirits when we’re feeling down, it can give us hope when we’ve become discouraged. Even when we feel as if our determination has run its course, the right movie can give us a second-wind, it can makes us want to get back on that horse.
Movies, especially the motivational ones, can be energizing and uplifting, they can give us the much-needed motivation boost to help us keep moving in the direction of our dreams.
Put simply, movies are magical, and they can be used as an effective resource to help you put the wind back in your sails.
So, if you’re ever feeling stuck or low on motivation, take a break from the grind, pop in a good flick, and let that movie reinvigorate your will to achieve.
9. View Motivational Videos to Get Motivated
If you’re like me, you may always be pressed for time. And finding one and a half to two hours to watch a motivational movie may be impossible. If that’s that case, the next best thing is to watch motivational videos.
The great thing is, there’s no shortage of motivational videos. A quick search on YouTube or Google usually provides a great list of videos to choose from.
A good motivational video can give you the perfect jolt of “I can do this” to get you humming along again and hustling to achieve your goals. Here at the Strive, many of our staff say they watch motivational videos every few days to keep their spirits up. No doubt, they do this because movies act as a good reminder of what’s possible and they can help us maintain our enthusiasm for our goals.
So, for a quick daily jolt of mojo, motivation videos are great way to go.
10. Rest, Relax, and Recharge
Believe it or not, small breaks can improve your concentration and long breaks can replenish your overall job/work performance.
Clinical psychologist, Francie Lederer states that “Most people have better life perspective and are more motivated to achieve their goals after a vacation, even if it is a 24-hour time-out.”
And we agree with her assessment. Every time we take a break from our business pursuits, we feel like we come back stronger. We tend to have more energy for the tasks at hand, new and fresh ideas that we didn’t have before, and are now excited to put into practice. Yup, a little R and R always leads to renewed interest in achieving our goals.
No doubt, sometimes all we need to get rid of those feelings of being stuck or unmotivated is a little rest and relaxation.
11. Find Your Motivation Via Accountability
One of the best ways to get you past the resistance and motivational slumps you may face in life, is to find an accountability partner or group.
Inherent in the strive for a goal, is resistance and those reoccurring moments where you lose your mojo. But, when you have an accountability partner or group, you have a mechanism in place to push you past those low points when you can’t do it yourself.
Accountability partners are highly effective, which is why there is such a big market for accountability coaching these days. Of course, you don’t have to always buy a coach or buy into a group to find such accountability. You could just as easily create your own group on Facebook or find a good friend to partner up with.
So long as you trust your accountability partners to work with you, and not let you off the hook, a self-created accountability group can be just as effective as an accountability coach you pay for.
12. Avoid Negativity
Reading the news, surfing negative sites on the internet, or talking to people who leave you feeling drained and negative will have an impact on your mood and motivation. And not a good impact at that.
Truth is, negativity is a motivation killer. The news will have you fearing everything under the sun, tempting you be overcautious and risk averse. And negative friends and co-workers can make you doubt your abilities and leave you feeling discouraged and pessimistic about what’s possible for you.
What you’re left with then, is fear of failure, doubt, and discouragement; all things that then leads to feelings of “What’s the point?” And that kind of attitude is never good for motivation. And little motivation means little achievement.
So, be sure to avoid the news, and avoid negative people. And instead, focus on feelings of gratitude. Read uplifting content and surround yourself with positive people. Obviously, you won’t be able to completely eradicate all negativity from your life, but by limiting your exposure to as much of it as possible, you will significantly improve how you feel about yourself and your pursuits.
And your attitude can make all the difference in how motivated you feel.
13. Trust in The Power of Pursuit
There will be times when you get discouraged, when you lack energy, when you’ll want to quit because you’ve stopped believing in the merits of the achievement. These moments come when you doubt that what you’re pursuing will ever come to fruition, and when this happens most people want to throw in the towel.
If you ever get to this point, where your motivation seems to be at zero, you’ll be surprised to know that having a little faith can do wonders for you. To jumpstart your motivation with faith, here’s what you must do; surrender to the idea that your success is inevitable.
In other words, start trusting in the power of pursuit. Put your trust in the wisdom of all the successful people who have come before you, and heed their wise words…. wise words like:
“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” – Paulo CoelhoClick To Tweet
“All of our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them,” – Walt DisneyClick To Tweet
“The moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too.” – Johan Wolfgang Von GoetheClick To Tweet
So, If you feel like you are putting in the work, the effort, and the time, but your lack of results has you feeling down, just believe that things will eventually work out for you.
Trust that what you seek is also seeking you, and you will without a doubt, reignite the energy and enthusiasm behind your pursuits.
Following this step will work wonders for finding your motivation, trust us.
14. Use Force
Last, but not least, when all is said and done, and you’ve exhausted all other options to get motivated, your last resort is to strong arm your motivation.
You can know exactly how to get what you want, and you can follow all of the steps previously outlined to get yourself motivated and fired up for your goals again, but if all else has failed, this is what you must to do. You must use force. We know, it’s not a sexy solution, or what you want to hear. But, sometimes, motivation requires action, and action requires force. And believe it or not, action often comes before motivation.
Truly, if you would just force yourself to take action, often times your motivation will kick in. The creators of Nike understood this, and that’s why their motto is “Just Do It!”
Sometimes, all we really needs is a good nudge or a kick-start to help us get the ball rolling enough to have our mojo come back.
Now, if you’re not willing to take this step, then you’ll have to either quit or change your goal. Of course, if quitting isn’t in the cards for you, then you know what you must do. Force yourself to do what you’ve made up your mind to do. Because at the end of the day, nothing happens till you start moving and doing. So, motivation or not, if you want to achieve your goals, you’ll have to force yourself to take action.
Bonus Ways to Get Motivated:
Alright, here is one last bonus to help you truly get your motivation back up and primed for achievement. This bonus section consists of a handful of additional resources you can leverage to get you motivated and back in action.
So, here they are, enjoy:
There you have it, 14 solid ways to help you get and stay motivated to achieve like a champ. Now that you know how to get motivated, whipping your motivational issues into shape should be a breeze.
No doubt, there will still be days when your motivation and drive runs low. But now you know where to find the keys…. right here on the TheSTRIVE.co.
Till you reach your aims,
PS – Check this out if you want to triple your output, deeply connect with your goals, and start achieving your dreams today.
PPS – Please don’t hesitate to share this ‘How to Get Motivated’ resource with anyone who could use a little nudge towards getting their drive and desire to succeed back…
HOW TO MOTIVATE YOURSELF EVERYDAY: A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR DAILY MOTIVATION
Motivation; we’ve all had our moments with it, both good and bad. We’ve all had days when we felt ready to take on the world as soon as the alarm clock went off. Equally, we’ve also had those days where the simple act of getting out of bed feels like one of the most difficult things we’ve ever had to do. To be sure, the only thing consistent about our motivation levels, is its inconsistency. As such, we’ve created this helpful guide to teach you how to motivate yourself everyday.
Getting and staying motivated is almost an art. And the people who have figured out how to keep themselves motivated daily, are typically the people getting better results in their lives. What kind of results? Well, the results related to their goals; be they health goals, financial goals, or career goals. The trick to it all, is finding a way to motivate yourself even when you don’t feel motivated (which is likely most of the time).
So, how do you motivate yourself everyday? Well, a good starting point is to follow these steps outlined below, and leverage the recommended resources, even if you don’t feel like it. We know you won’t be motivated to do these things on most days. And that’s okay, because that’s the challenge of motivation. However, by forcing yourself to do just one or two of these steps, you’ll spark just enough motivation to create a little momentum for yourself.
10 POWERFUL RESOURCES TO GET MOTIVATED DAILY
Having said that, here is our recommended set of tools to help you motivate yourself everyday, even when you are not feeling up to it. The list is ordered from least intensive to more intensive. In other words, the first suggestions will be easier to do then each consecutive suggestion. So, it is recommended that you try the first suggestion on the list to up your motivation. If that doesn’t work, move on to the next. Still not on fire? Move on to the next, and so on and so forth. If you’re ready to some of the best tips for daily motivation, let’s jump right in and get started:
1. Leverage Motivational Quotes
First things first. If you are feeling low on motivation, and you just need a quick reminder or two to get things moving for the day, a good motivational quote can do wonders. Just review 10 to 20 quotes and see how you feel afterwards.
If you feel an uptick in motivation, then you are on the right track. However, if not much has changed, then read a few more. If nothing is changing, skip to the next step.
Before you skip though, try these 100 extremely inspiring motivational quotes first:
2. Recite Motivational Mantras
If simply reading motivational quotes doesn’t do it for you, then you should move on to the next best thing; reciting mantras or affirmations. By reciting a good motivational mantra or affirmation, you are effectively attempting to short-circuit your subconscious mind.
For whatever reason, you subconscious mind has created an aversion to doing whatever it is you don’t feel like doing. As such, you need to either silence that inner aversion (meditation could help with this), or get your subconscious mind or inner voice to say something else.
So, to get your mind to stop saying “Do I have to?” or “Man I don’t really want to…”, you can start reciting mantras to get that inner voice of yours to change its tune. Here’s our best recommendations for mantras that motivate:
3. Watch Motivational Videos
Our next best suggestion after giving mantras a shot, is to watch a few motivational videos. Using motivational videos to get you amped up and in the right frame of mind is extremely easy, and very passive. And the great thing is, there is no shortage of motivational videos on YouTube. Just search motivational videos, and you’ll find what most people are using to find a little motivation themselves.
Of course, if you’re looking for a shortcut, we’ve pulled together a collection of some of the most motivational videos we’ve ever come across. So, give them a shot, and if you need more motivation, there’s always YouTube (just don’t go down the YouTube rabbit hole). Here’s our list:
4. Listen to Motivational Music
One of the best kept secrets of high performers, is the use of music to get them moving when they don’t particularly feel like grinding. Music can be used to dial up our drive, and intensity… that in many ways, can’t be tapped by any other means.
Without a doubt, music can be used as a catalyst for increased motivation, it can be leveraged to be the kick in the pants that we all need from time to time. A good motivational song can get us through those days when we don’t have much to give, it can push you through the slumps. It can also makes us forget the clock, and lose ourselves in our work.
Which is why we highly recommend you listen to a good motivational song to nudge you along when your mojo has waned. So, give some of these songs a listen to help you get your groove back:
5. Read Motivational Stories
Sometimes a lack of motivation stems from doubts we have about what’s possible for us. All too often, we want to do a certain thing, or achieve a certain goal at first, but we let our dream drift away because of a lack faith in our ability to achieve it. However, one of the best ways to defeat defeatism, is to find people who have achieved theirs goals against the odds.
Reading motivational or inspiring stories of people who had to go through the trials and tribulations you may have or are going through yourself, can give you the reassurance needed to stay motivated. So, the next time you need a little reassurance, give these motivational stories a try:
6. Watch Motivational Movies
Watching a good motivational movie can do wonders for your motivation. A good movie can put the wind back in just about anyone’s sails. Of course not just any movie will do. To get yourself fired up to take action, the best type of movie to watch is one with an inspirational backstory. Why? Because the ideals put forth in these types of movies helps us recalibrate our values. Ideals can give us better perspective, and in an almost magical way they can help us refresh our mindset.
Again, not all movies will help you maintain your motivation or inspire you enough stay motivated daily, but these specific movies can definitely rekindle your fire for life:
7. Read Motivational Books
Eventually, you’ll exhaust all the inspiring stories, songs, and videos we’ve provided to get you motivated. At which point, your next best bet will be to take your efforts to the next level. The motivational resources we’ve recently mentioned were more-or-less passive; but this next recommendation will require more from you.
As such, our next best suggestion on how to motivate yourself everyday is to invest in some motivational books. The great thing about books, is there is more to them than a simple story, which means they can provide you with an endless stream of daily motivation. Of course, you’ll have to commit to the actual reading. The good news is, if you are reading one of our highly recommended books, you’ll have enough “want to” to keep reading. So at the bare minimum, give at least one of these books a try:
8. Use a Motivational Journal
What’s a motivational journal? Well, technically any journal can be considered a motivational journal. Because journals help us dive deeper into what we want in life, why we want it, and how we intend to go about getting it. However, there are journals out there that are specifically designed to help you stay motivated enough to take action on your goals daily. Some motivational journals help you track tasks, others help you outline your vision for life, and some just include tons of inspiring words and tidbits to keep you fired up daily.
Ideally, the motivational journal that is going to keep you motivated daily, will include inspiring quotes, sections for collecting your thoughts, task tracking, and most importantly elements that hep you outline your goals. With that being said, here is the motivational journal you should consider:
9. Study Other Motivational Tips
If you’ve arrived at this step and you are still wondering how to motivate yourself everyday don’t worry, there is still hope. This previous eight motivational tips just scratch the surface of motivation. And as effective as they are, some people’s motivation issues run deeper.
As such, we highly recommend the 14 additional motivation tips suggested here. These motivational tips will help you better understand one of the most critical factors of motivation; goals. It will also provide you with some of the best motivational hacks based on science. So, give them a try:
10. Motivational Blogs and Success Sites
As much as we strive to provide you with the best insights when it comes to motivation and success, we also humbly admit that there are other extremely valuable sites out there that can teach you how to get motivated everyday as well. As such, we’ve created a list of the top 100 motivational blogs and success sites that contain tons of inspiring and useful ideas that can get you motivated again.
So, if you’re interested in other ideas, websites, and leaders to help you get more pep in your step, be sure to check out these sites:
Bonus Tip For Daily Motivation
Here’s one last insight for daily motivation. If all else fails, meaning you’ve tried every single one of the suggestions above, and you still can’t find a way to get fired up, then chances are, your goals (if you have any) are misaligned.
So, anytime you seem to be doing everything according to the book when it comes to motivation, yet you still find yourself dragging, reassess your goals. If you already have goals, take a look at them again an see if it’s something you really want to be chasing. On top of that, make sure they are S.M.A.R.T. goals, otherwise they won’t be as effective as they could be.
Get your goals aligned with what you really and truly want to be doing, and then write those goals down, and more often than not, they’ll practically pull you out of bed each and every morning.
Final Thoughts on Daily Motivation
We’ve been studying the science of motivation for over five years now, and if there is one thing we know about motivation, it is that it must be stoked constantly. Much like the fire you build while out camping, if you stop fueling the fire, whether it be in the form of oxygen or wood, the fire will eventually die out.
So, bookmark this page, and come back to it daily. Use the resources provided to help you stoke your motivation, and keep that driving force by which we humans achieve our goals, alive and well.
Till next time,
100+ MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES TO HELP YOU NEVER GIVE UP
Striving to achieve our big goals and dreams is not something that comes easily. Reaching for the stars can be painful. It’s hard work! Which is why so many people give up. Truth is, the people who reach their aims, are the one’s who never give. And it’s the reason we are publishing this set of Never Give Up Quotes.
Unfortunately, not everyone will achieve their dreams. Everyone can, but not everyone will. And the reason not everyone will, is because too many people give up on their dreams when the going gets tough. They run out of steam, they lose their enthusiasm, they become unmotivated.
Need Some Motivation For Not Giving Up?
What many of those who quit too soon don’t realize, is that they do have what it takes. They have what it takes, because there is a second wind that exists in all of us. A reserve of energy and enthusiasm that exists even when we feel like we have nothing left to give. But, the only way to tap this reserve, is by deciding to keep moving forward in the face of adversity. To choose to not give up, to try one more time, and just push through the pain!
Our hope, is that these motivational quotes about not giving up, will give you enough of a spark to get you past your slump. Because it is past that slump where all the magic happens. It is beyond that slump, where your success will be found.
So, internalize these never give up quotes, and use them to unravel that second wind, that holy wind which you have within…
BEST NEVER GIVE UP QUOTES TO PUSH YOU FORWARD
1. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
2. “Remember that guy that gave up? Neither does no one else.” – Anonymous
3. “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
4. “Success is what happens after you have survived all your mistakes.” – Anora Lee
5. “Don’t stop when you’re tired. Stop when you are Done” – Unknown
6. “How long should you try? Until.” – Jim Rohn
7. “97% of the people who quit to soon are employed by the 3% that never gave up.” – Anonymous
8. “There is no failure except in no longer trying.” – Elbert Hubbard
9. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
10. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
11. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
12. “If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.” – H.G. Wells
13. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
14. “Survival can be summed up in three words – Never give up. That’s the heart of it really. Just keep trying.” – Bear Grylls
15. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.” – ConfuciusTweet Quote
16. “If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles.” – Wayne Dyer
17. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
18. “Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.” – Earl Nightingale
19. “He conquers who endures.” – Persius
20. “It’s not whether you get knocked down. It’s whether you get back up.” – Vince Lombardi
21. “Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is true strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
23. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” – Vince Lombardi
24. “Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.” – Unknown
25. “No matter how hard the battle gets or no matter how many people don’t believe in your dream, Never give up!” – Eric Thomas
“No matter how hard the battle gets or no matter how many people don’t believe in your dream, Never give up!” – Eric ThomasTweet Quote
26. “Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.” – Bill Bradley
27. “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” – Albert Einstein
28. “When you are going through hell, keep on going. Never never never give up.” – Winston Churchill
29. “I am not discouraged because every wrong attempt discarded is a step forward” – Thomas Edison
30. “The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.” – Rocky
“The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.” – RockyTweet Quote
HOW CAN YOU ACTUALLY USE THESE NEVER GIVE UP QUOTES?
Quotes allow us to get a better sense of the who a person is. They give us insights into people’s way of thinking, insights into their philosophies, insights in to how they accomplished what they accomplished.
In this case, these handful of never give up quotes will help you persevere, and can help you better align your thinking and your actions so that you can push through your dip, and find more success.
31. “Courage doesn’t always roar, sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day whispering ‘I will try again tomorrow’.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
32. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
33. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
34. “The longer you hang in there, the greater the chance that something will happen in your favor.” – Jack Canfield
35. “Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful.” – Zig Ziglar
“Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful.” – Zig ZiglarTweet Quote
36. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
37. “There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” – Michael Phelps
38. “We will either find a way or make one.” – Hanibal
39. “Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.” – Jacob A. Riis
40. “Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
41. “A failure is not always a mistake. It may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.” – B.F. Skinner
42. “Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
43. “Never give up if it is something that you really want.” – Debbie Millman
44. “Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.” – Jack Ma
45. “I was taught that way of progressing is neither swift nor easy.” – Marie Curie
46. “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
47. “The fight is over ONLY if you stop swinging…..” – Atlas Rowe
48. “Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
49. “The path to success will leave you callused, bruised, and very tired. It will also leave you empowered.” – David Goggins
50. “Don’t give up on your dreams, or your dreams will give up on you.” – John Wooden
51. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
52. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
53. “Winners never quit, and quitters never win.” – Vince Lombardi
54. “Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.” – James A. Michener
55. “Be like the cliff against which the waves continually break; but it stands firm and tames the fury of the water around it.” – Marcus Aurelius
“Be like the cliff against which the waves continually break; but it stands firm and tames the fury of the water around it.” – Marcus AureliusTweet Quote
56. “You just never give up. You do a task to the best of your abilities and beyond.” – Debbie Reynolds
57. “Never give up on the fight until you win the belt.” – Israel Ayivor
58. “When you give up on life, never give up on yourself, because there is so much for you to keep on giving!” – Oprah Winfrey
59. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
60. “I never lose. I either win or learn.” – Nelson Mandela
61. “Never give up. Great things take time. Be patient.” – Never Give Up Quote
62. “One day, you will thank yourself for never giving up. So press on!” – Anonymous
63. “You’re a fighter. Look at everything you’ve overcome. Don’t give up now.” – Olivia Benson
64. “Never let anyone else tell you what is possible.” – Shane Parrish
65. “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
66. “Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.” – William Feather
67. “Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful.” – Zig Ziglar
68. “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
69. “Sometimes life is going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.” – Steve Jobs
70. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
“Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher StoweTweet Quote
71. “Out of difficulties grow miracles.” – Jean de la Bruyere
72. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert. H. Schuller
73. “Don’t give up. I believe in you all. A person’s a person. No matter how small.” – Dr. Suess
74. “It takes a dream to get started, desire to keep going, and determination to finish.” – Eddie Harris, Jr.
75. “Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.” – Marilyn Vos Savant
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.” – Marilyn Vos SavantTweet Quote
76. “You should not give up unless you are forced to give up.” – Elon Musk
77. “Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting.” – Anonymous
78. “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” – Helen Keller
79. “A winner is just a loser who tried one more time.” – George M. Moore Jr.
80. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. – Earl Nightingale
“Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. – Earl NightingaleTweet Quote
81. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
82. “When a defining moment comes along, you can do one of two things. Define the moment, or let the moment define you.” – Roy McAvoy
83. “When you have a dream, you’ve got to grab it and never let go.” – Carol Burnett
84. “Part of being a champ is acting like a champ. You have to learn how to win and not run away when you lose.” – Nancy Kerrigan
85. “Remember: Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up.” – Rocky
86. “When the world says, “Give up,” Hope whispers, “Try it one more time.” – Anonymous
87. “Things don’t go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so that you can be all that you were intended to be.” – Charlie Jones
88. “Don’t quit. Never give up trying to build the world you can see, even if others can’t see it. Listen to your drum and your drum only. It’s the one that makes the sweetest sound.” – Simon Sinek
89. “If you fall behind, run faster. Never give up, never surrender, and rise up against the odds.” – Jesse Jackson
90. “Your victory is right around the corner. Never give up.” – Nicki Minaj
91. “In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always
wins – not through strength, but through persistence.” – Buddha
92. “Genius often really is just persistence in disguise.” – Ryan Holiday
93. “Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.” – Anonymous
94. “Never stop just because you feel defeated. The journey to the other side is attainable only after great suffering.” – Santosh Kalwar
95. “Going on one more round, when you don’t think you can, that’s what makes all the difference in your life.” – Sylvester Stallone
“Going on one more round, when you don’t think you can, that’s what makes all the difference in your life.” – Sylvester StalloneTweet Quote
96. “Never give up on something you can’t go a day without thinking about.” – Winston Churchill
97. “Hold fast to your dreams, for without them life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.” —Langston Hughes
98. “The people who stick with things for years and never stop almost always win the race.” – James Clear
99. “If you can’t fly then run. If you can’t run then walk. If you can’t walk then crawl. But whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
100. “You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don’t give up.” – Chuck Yeager
“You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don’t give up.” – Chuck YeagerTweet Quote
101. “Resolve never to quit, never to give up, no matter what the situation.” – Jack Nicklaus
102. “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong
103. “God has a purpose for your pain, a reason for your struggles and a reward for your faithfulness. Don’t give up.” – Eric Thomas
Bonus Quote About Not Giving Up
Bonus: We have one last bonus quote for you to encourage you to not give up. It stems from a man whom we believe is the epitome of persistence, and who’s encouraging story can give anyone the second-wind they need to keep moving forward.
“Sometimes, a winner is a dreamer who just won’t quit.” – Rudy
Never Give Up
Great job getting through these quotes about never giving up! I knew you could get through these quotes, just like you’re gonna get through whatever challenges you’re facing right now.
If you were feeling as if you wanted to give up before reading these inspiring quotes, we hope that they, at the very least, have helped to break your thought pattern of ‘giving up’.
And for whatever reason, if you still feel like you may want to throw in the towel, all I ask, is that you read this first. It may change your mind.
Remember, if you’ve given every ounce of what’s left inside of you, despite feeling as if you have nothing left to give, you’ve already WON!
Till next time,
PS – If you enjoyed these never give up quotes above; then you’ll love this motivational gem.
100+ INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
One of the key ingredients to achieving success and winning in life, is effort. In fact, it may be the one sole ingredient to success that each human alive has the ability to control. Which is why we’ve dedicated this page specifically to effort quotes.
From most of our research (and life experiences) we’ve observed that the amount of effort and intensity one applies to a given task, goal, or vision; directly impacts the quality and swiftness of that goal’s completion.
A Philosophy of Effort
Without a doubt, effort is a critical factor in goal achievement. But more importantly, effort is the key to unlocking our potential. As such we want to help as many people as possible embrace such a philosophy by sharing some of the most powerful quotes on effort we could find.
Please know, that these are the best of the best effort quotes you’ll find. We believe that if you want to be the best, you need to read the best.
There’s no doubt these effort quotes will serve as a reliable reminder of effort’s role in your success. In addition, they will help encourage you to unleash your untapped levels of effort. And when that happens you will begin unlocking your potential and all the success you deserve will start coming your way.
So without further ado, here is your new reliable list of the 100 most motivating effort quotes available. Let them rev up your effort-engines, so you can go forth and unleash your potential! Let’s dive in!
100 Inspiring Effort Quotes to Help You Unlock Your Potential
1. “The heights by great men reached and kept, Were not attained by sudden flight, But they, while their companions slept, Were toiling upward in the night.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
2. “For every disciplined effort there is a multiple reward.” – Jim Rohn
3. “I am grinding while your sleeping.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
4. Plough deep while sluggards sleep.” – Benjamin Franklin
5. “All the so-called “secrets of success” will not work unless you do.” – Anonymous
6. “The only thing that has kept me around is my effort.” – Ray Lewis
7. “Effort is only effort when it begins to hurt.” – José Ortega y Gassett
8. “There’s not a person on my team in 16 years that has consistently beat me to the ball every play. That ain’t got nothing to do with talent, That’s just got everything to do with effort, and nothing else.” – Ray Lewis
9. “Ideas don’t work for people unwilling to do the work.” – Robin Sharma
10. “Effort is grossly underrated.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
11. “Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second. Give your dreams all you’ve got and you’ll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you.” – William James
12. “A great work demands a great sacrifice, and who is not capable of a great sacrifice is not capable of a great work.” – Muriel Strode
13. “You can’t have a million dollar dream with a minimum wage work ethic.” – Anonymous
14. “All I ever knew, was that effort would get me seen on tape, effort would get me noticed to get to the league, effort would one day take care of my mom and my kids. Effort, which is between you and you. Nobody else can give you effort. Effort is what is inside” – Ray Lewis
15. “If a man is called a street-sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street-sweeper who did his job well.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
16. “Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still.” – Chinese Proverb
17. “They indeed are fools who are satisfied with the fruits of their past effort and do not engage themselves in self-effort now.” – Swami Venkatesananda
18. “An industrious dunce is often more successful in life than his learned neighbor.” – James Lendall Basford
19. “I CAN is 100 times more important than IQ” – Anonymous
20. “Success is dependent on effort.” – Sophocles
21. “If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.” – Dave Weinbaum
22. “I’ve got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.” – Larry Bird
23. “Great effort springs naturally from great attitude.” – Pat Riley
24. “Winning is not everything, but the effort to win is.” – Zig Ziglar
25. “When I was young, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. So I did ten times more work.” George Bernard Shaw
26. “It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.” – Theodore Roosevelt
“It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.” – Theodore RooseveltTweet Quote
27. “About the only thing that comes to us without effort is old age.” – Gloria Pitzer
28. “Success is a ladder you cannot climb with your hands in your pockets.” – Anonymous
29. “For us, there is only the trying. The rest is not our business.” – T.S. Eliot
30. “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.” – Mahatma Gandhi
“Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.” – Mahatma GandhiTweet Quote
31. “Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men and women who kept on working.” – Anonymous
32. “Give your dreams all you’ve got and you’ll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you.” – William James
33. “The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work.” – Emile Zola
“The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work.” – Emile ZolaTweet Quote
34. “Continuous Effort, not strength or intelligence, is the key to unlocking our potential.” – Winston Churchill
35. “The view is better when it is earned.” – Anonymous
36. “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” – Napoleon Hill
37. “Put in 5% more effort than “there’s only so much I can do” and you’ll be way ahead of the game.” – Terri Guillemets
38. “Sweat is the cologne of accomplishment.” – Heywood Hale Broun
39. “The only thing that ever sat its way to success was a hen.” – Sarah Brown
40. “Much effort, much prosperity.” – Euripides
41. “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
42. “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” – Abraham Lincoln
43. “The mode by which the inevitable comes to pass is effort.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
“The mode by which the inevitable comes to pass is effort.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.Tweet Quote
44. “There’s nothing like biting off more than you can chew, and then chewing anyway.” – Mark Burnett
45. “Put your heart, mind, intellect and soul even to your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.” – Swami Sivananda
46. “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.” – James Allen
“In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.” – James AllenTweet Quote
47. “Nobody ever drowned in his own sweat.” – Ann Landers
48. “The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.” – Anonymous
49. “The level path is easy, but it will not bring you to the mountaintop.” – Dr. Idel Dreimer
50. “Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more.” – Edward H. Harriman
Temperature Check on These Quotes About Effort
One of the things we love most about quotes, is their ability to inspire, uplift, and encourage. And in the case of these effort quotes, they also have the ability to energize. If you’ve gotten to this point and have started to feel a bit charged up, then keep reading, because it means the quotes are working.
After you read the next 50 quotes on effort, don’t be surprised if you feel the urge fire up a pot of coffee and start hatching up plans to take over the world!
Related: Work Hard and You Will Succeed
51. “The elevator to success is not running; you must climb the stairs.” – Zig Ziglar
52. “We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort.” – Anonymous
53. “Men are made stronger on realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm.” – Sidney J. Phillips
“Men are made stronger on realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm.” – Sidney J. PhillipsTweet Quote
54. “Education comes from within; you get it by struggle and effort and thought.” – Napoleon Hill
55. “Gold medals are made out of sweat, blood, and tears and effort in the gym every day.” – Gabby Douglas
56. “The healthiest competition occurs when average people win by putting above average effort.” – Colin Powell
“The healthiest competition occurs when average people win by putting above average effort.” – Colin PowellTweet Quote
57. “Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you.” – Arnold Palmer
58. “Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times.” – Aeschylus
59. “Sometimes, things may not go your way, but the effort should be there every single night.” – Michael Jordan
60. “Life can be boring unless you put some effort into it.” – John C. Maxwell
61. “Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to become the best of which you are capable.” – John Wooden
62. “Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don’t turn up at all.” – Sam Ewing
63. “Unwearied ceaseless effort is the price that must be paid for turning faith into a rich infallible experience.” – Mahatma Gandhi
“Unwearied ceaseless effort is the price that must be paid for turning faith into a rich infallible experience.” – Mahatma GandhiTweet Quote
64. “The achievements of an organization are the results of the combined effort of each individual.” – Vince Lombardi
65. “You’re always learning. The problem is, sometimes you stop and think you understand the world. This is not correct. The world is always moving. You never reach the point you can stop making an effort.” – Paulo Coelho
66. “The results you achieve will be in direct proportion to the effort you apply.” – Denis Waitley
“The results you achieve will be in direct proportion to the effort you apply.” – Denis WaitleyTweet Quote
67. “Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.” – Napoleon Hill
68. “Make each day count by setting specific goals to succeed, then putting forth every effort to exceed your own expectations.” – Les Brown
69. “It’s the constant and determined effort that breaks down all resistance, sweeps away all obstacles.” – Claude M. Bristol
70. “The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” – Jimmy Johnson
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” – Jimmy JohnsonTweet Quote
71. “It doesn’t matter if you lose, it matters if you don’t try.” – Unknown
72. “The real tragedy is the tragedy of the man who never in his life braces himself for his one supreme effort, who never stretches to his full capacity, never stands to his full stature.” – Arnold Bennett
73. “God doesn’t require us to succeed, he only requires that you try.” – Mother Teresa
74. “Try and fail, but don’t fail to try.” – Stephen Kaggwa
75. “Enthusiasm is the mother of effort, and without it nothing great was ever achieved.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
76. “I am a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
“I am a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.” – Thomas JeffersonTweet Quote
77. “Each man is the smith of his own fortune.” – Appius Claudius
78. “A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood.” – George S. Patton
79. “Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you’re willing to pay the price.” – Vince Lombardi
80. “We are all self-made, but only the successful will admit it.” – Earl Nightingale
81. “The man who succeeds is a man who has withstood the tests of time, trials, and has made every effort count.” – Hermann J. Steinherr
82. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” ― Earl Nightingale
83. “People are rewarded in public for what they’ve practiced for years in private.” – Anthony Robbins
“People are rewarded in public for what they’ve practiced for years in private.” – Anthony RobbinsTweet Quote
84. “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
85. “Problems are only opportunities in work clothes.” – Henry J. Kaiser
86. “It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.” – Seneca
“It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.” – SenecaTweet Quote
87. “He who seeks rest finds boredom….He who seeks work finds rest.” – Anonymous
88. “The one thing that matters is the effort.” – Antoine De Saint-Exupery
89. “Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can.” – Lowell Thomas
90. “There is no substitute for work.” – Vince Lombardi
91.“Be willing to give that extra effort that separates the winner from the one in second place.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
92. “Confidence is not something that comes out of nowhere. It is the result of months and years of practice, constant work, effort, and determination.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
93. “A little more persistence a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn into a glorious success.” – Elbert Hubbard
“A little more persistence a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn into a glorious success.” – Elbert HubbardTweet Quote
94. “One may walk over the highest mountain one step at a time.” – John Wanamaker
95. “As one makes an impartial study of successful people, one is drawn to inevitable conclusion that persistence, concentration of effort and definiteness of purpose are the major sources of their achievements.” – Napoleon Hill
96. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” – Estee Lauder
97. “Leaders are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile.” – Vince Lombardi
98. “If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you.” – Michael Jordan
99. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
100. “Success in anything will always come down to this: Focus & Effort, and we control both of them.” – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
“Success in anything will always come down to this: Focus & Effort, and we control both of them.” – Dwayne “The Rock” JohnsonTweet Quote
101. “Very few people are really capable of sustained effort, and that’s the reason why we have comparatively few outstanding successes.” – James McDonald
Bonus Effort Quote
Bonus: Here’s our last and final effort quote. We set this one aside because we believe it’s powerful and says a lot a bout what it takes to succeed, namely, that you just have to be willing to put in the effort. Enjoy.
“Do the work. Everyone wants to be successful, but nobody wants to do the work.” – Gary VaynerchukTweet Quote
Final Thoughts on These Effort Quotes
Alright, you made it through the internet’s most powerful gauntlet of effort quotes. Now how do you feel? Honestly!
Fan-freaking-tastic!!!? Just as we suspected.
It’s all about effort friends. We all have the ability to dial it up, or dial it down in our lives. We can choose to try valiantly to accomplish, or we can choose to just go through the motions.
The ability to win is available to us all, and we are in complete control of how much of it we get to experience in this life through effort.
So, use these select effort quotes as a resource to live with more intensity. Let them encourage and support you in all your efforts towards reaching your potential, maximizing your achievements, and finding more success!
Till you reach your aims,
PS – If you enjoyed these effort quotes, then you’ll love these Badass Quotes on Work Ethic!
Winning takes place by going the extra mile, and this new tool was specifically designed to help you go the distance.
BEST TOUGH TIMES QUOTES TO HELP YOU THROUGH THE DIFFICULTIES OF LIFE
It’s you’re seeking some uplifting tough times quotes then this page is for you. However, before we dive into them its important to know this; The world can seem rough and tough sometimes. Heck, for most people, it can seem like life is a challenge most of the time. But you know what? All things come to pass, especially the hard times.
True, sometimes many of us let our circumstances get the best of us, but, we are here to tell you that you CAN outlast your predicaments. You CAN weather your storms, and that there IS a light at the end of your tunnel.
So, if you’re currently going through tough times in your life, if you’re going through hell… well, take heed of the advice of these quotes below, and just keep going.
BEST TOUGH TIMES QUOTES TO PUSH YOU THROUGH
1. “There is neither happiness nor unhappiness in this world; there is merely the comparison of one state to the other. Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss.” – Alexandre Dumas
2. “Be like the cliff against which the waves continually break; but it stands firm and tames the fury of the water around it.” – Marcus Aurelius
3. “The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.” – Randy Pausch
“The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.” —Randy PauschTweet Quote
4. “There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them. But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.” – Paulo Coelho
5. “Inside of a ring or out, ain’t nothing wrong with going down. It’s staying down that’s wrong.” – Muhammad Ali
6. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale CarnegieTweet Quote
7. “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it is going on when you don’t have strength. ” – Napoleon Bonaparte
8. “When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. “I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ’Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” – Thomas Paine
10. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
11. “Be strong now, because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can’t rain forever.” – Anonymous
12. “When everything seems to be against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
13. “When you face difficult times, know that challenges are not sent to destroy you. They’re sent to promote, increase and strengthen you.” – Joel Olsteen
“When you face difficult times, know that challenges are not sent to destroy you. They’re sent to promote, increase and strengthen you.” – Joel OlsteenTweet Quote
14. “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a know and hang on.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
15. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice.” – Bob Marley
16. “Tough times don’t define you, they refine you.” – Anonymous
17. “We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
18. “You have been assigned this mountain so that you can show others it can be moved.” – Mel Robbins
19. “Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever.” – Roy T. Bennett
20. “One may walk over the highest mountain one step at a time.” – John Wannamaker
21. “Surround yourself with those who believe in you. Your life is too important for anything less.” – Steve Goodier
22. “God will carry you through the storm.” – Isaiah 43.2
23. “Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
“Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. MarineTweet Quote
24. “You can’t be brave if you’ve only had wonderful things happen to you.” – Mary Tyler Moore
25. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
26. “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” – Bruce Lee
“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” – Bruce LeeTweet Quote
27. “Everything is hard before it is easy.” – Goethe
28. “You will never be successful, until you turn your pain into greatness, until you allow your pain to push you from where you are to push you to where you need to be. Stop running from you pain and embrace your pain. Your pain is going to be a part of your prize, a part of your product. I challenge you to push yourself.” – Eric Thomas
29. “A gem cannot be polished without friction.” – Seneca
30. “Nothing happens to anyone that he can’t endure” – Marcus Aurelius
31. “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so let us all be thankful.” – Buddha
32. “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” – J.K. Rowling
33. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
34. “Tough times are inevitable in life and in business. But how you compose yourself during those times defines your spirit and will define your future.” – Richard Branson
35. “The things that hurt, instruct.” – Benjamin Franklin
36. “Failure shows us the way—by showing us what isn’t the way.” – Ryan Holiday
“Failure shows us the way—by showing us what isn’t the way.” – Ryan Holiday, The Obstacle is The WayTweet Quote
37. “No pressure, no diamonds.” – Thomas Carlyle
Bonus Quotes About Getting Through Tough Times
Bonus Quote: “If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs…If you can wait and not be tired by waiting…If you can think – and not make thoughts your aim…If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you…Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it.” – Rudyard Kipling
“If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs…If you can wait and not be tired by waiting…If you can think – and not make thoughts your aim…If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you…Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it.” – Rudyard KiplingTweet Quote
Alright friends, hopefully these inspiring tough times quotes will help you in a big way.
Use them to get you through whatever tough times you may be facing at the moment. Read them or recite them every day to stay optimistic.
The markets will always seem to be crashing, and your business or finances may seem to be constantly taking a thrashing, but don’t lose hope.
Your better tomorrow is just around the bend, but you’ll never know if you don’t turn the corner.
So, keep to it my friend, and turn your corner.
50+ SATURDAY MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES TO KEEP YOU MOVING
Saturday is most people’s favorite day. It is a day to enjoy the fruit of our labor, especially after grinding for five days straight. It’s a day to relax. However, Saturday is also a special day for dream chasers. It’s a critical day, because it is the day that progress can be made towards our goals. So, in honor of those seeking to wind up, while their competition is winding down, we are publishing these Saturday Motivational Quotes.
Our hope, is that they’ll give you that extra nudge you’ll need to stay focused on your goals, and to stay the course while everyone else seems to being “taking it easy.” So, if you’re ready to keep your fire lit so you can get to work, let’s get to it:
BEST SATURDAY MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES
1. “You need a strong end to the week, not a weekend.” – Joe Duncan
2. “Saturday is not for shopping, it is for striving.” – Atlas Rowe
3. “I am grinding while your sleeping.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
4. “If you’re not willing to risk the usual, you’ll have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
5. “Grind now, relax later.”
6. “99% of people are not willing to do what it takes to make their dreams come true.” – Will Smith
“99% of people are not willing to do what it takes to make their dreams come true.” – Will SmithTweet Quote
7. “The secret to getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
8. “Don’t exchange what you want most for what you want at the moment.” – Anonymous
9. “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
10. “Work every waking hour.” – Elon Musk
11. “The heights by great men reached and kept, Were not attained by sudden flight, But they, while their companions slept, Were toiling upward in the night.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
12. “You might not be able to outthink, outmarket or outspend your competition, but you can outwork them.” – Lou Holtz
13. “If you can’t outplay them, outwork them.” – Ben Hogan
14. “Pearls don’t lie on the seashore. If you want one, you must dive for it.” – Chinese Proverb
15. “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.” – Tony Robbins
16. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” – Robert Louise Stevenson
“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” – Robert Louise StevensonTweet Quote
17. “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
18. “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
19. “It’s not about money or connections. It’s the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone when it comes to your business.” – Mark Cuban
20. “Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do.” – Oprah Winfrey
21. “Do not consider painful what is good for you.” – Euripides
22. “Do not bite at the bait of pleasure till you know there is no hook beneath it.” – Thomas Jefferson
23. “The grind doesn’t stop just because it’s Saturday.” – Saturday Motivational Quote
24. “Focus on your potential instead of your limitations.” – Alan Loy McGinnis
25. “The difference between those who succeed and fail: not taking advantage of opportunities.” – Eric Thomas
26. “When you play, play hard; when you work, don’t play at all.” – Theodore Roosevelt
27. “Don’t be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
28. “Nothing is more expensive than a missed opportunity.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
29. “Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.” – Jules Renard.
30. “Even if it’s Saturday, grind like it’s Monday.” – Atlas Rowe
31. “If you rest too long the weeds take the garden.” – Jim Rohn
32. “The future depends on what you do today.” – Mahatma Gandhi
33. “If you had one shot, or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted in one moment, would you capture it, or just let it slip?” – Eminem
“If you had one shot, or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted in one moment, would you capture it, or just let it slip?” – EminemTweet Quote
34. “Lost time is never found again.” – Benjamin Franklin
35. “Today’s accomplishments were yesterday’s impossibilities.” – Robert H. Schuller
36. “Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.” – Wayne Dyer
37. “The path to success is to take massive, determined action.” – Tony Robbins
38. “My work is like my vacation, so in a way every day is like Saturday.” – Ludacris.
39. “We need the spirit of Sunday carried over to Monday and continued until Saturday.” – Edward McKendree Bounds
40. “Nothing is worth more than this day.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
41. “Spring has past, summer has gone and winter is here…. And the song that I was meant to sing…. remains unsung, for I have spent my days stringing and unstringing my instrument.” – Rabindranath Tagore
42. “You are what you do, not what you say you do.” – Carl Jung
43. “Doing nothing gets you nothing.” – Sean Reichle
44. “For every reason it’s not possible, there are hundreds of people who have faced the same circumstances and succeeded.” – Jack Canfield
45. “Every morning, I wake up saying, ‘I’m still alive, a miracle.’ And so I keep on pushing.” — Jim Carrey
46. “Dream big. Start small. But most of all, start.” – Simon Sinek
45. “Don’t rest and don’t stop – ever. Most valuable chips you have are your mind-set, actions, persistence, and creativity.” – Grant Cardone
47. “A little progress each day adds up to big results.” – Anonymous
48. “There is no traffic jam along the extra mile.” – Roger Staubach
49. “Ambition is the first step to success. The second step is action.” – Mel Robbins
50. “Don’t count the days. Make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
51. “I don’t stop when I’m tired. I stop when I’m done.” – David Goggins
52. “Work every day. No matter what has happened the day or night before, get up and bit on the nail.” – Ernest Hemmingway
53. “Every day is a gift. But some days are packaged better.” – Sanhita Baruah
54. “Okay Saturday, let’s do awesome things.” – Anonymous
55. “It’ Saturday, so what? If you want to get ahead, you better get to work.” – The STRIVE
56. “You may delay, but time will not.” – Benjamin Franklin
57. “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napoleon Hill
58. “Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned.” – Peter Marshall
59. “You will find that the more successful the individual, the less inclined he is to make excuses.” – David J. Schwartz
60. “Action will destroy your procrastination.” – Og Mandino
61. “You have to fight to reach your dream, you have to sacrifice and work hard for it.” – Lionel Messi
62. “Stay hungry. Stay humble.” – Tom Brady
63. “Money never sleeps, pal.” – Gordon Gekko
64. “You either do what is hard and succeed or do what is easy and live in mediocrity.” – Eric Thomas
65. “Stop constantly taking the easy way out. No blockbuster movie was ever based on an easy life.” – Patrick Bet-David
Bonus Quote for Saturday Motivation
Bonus: Here’s our last and final Saturday Motivational quote. We added it as a bonus because it sums up best why you should stay motivated and driven to take care of business, even if it is a Saturday….
Alright, there you have it, some of the best Saturday motivational quotes to get you moving and doing. We hope you bookmark this page for your Saturday Strive.
Come back to this page any time you need a good dose of Saturday morning motivation, or to be encouraged to take advantage of the day to get ahead.
Till you reach your aims,
THE IMPRESSIVE NET WORTH OF MIKE ROWE
10 BEST MONEY AFFIRMATIONS WALLPAPER FOR ATTRACTING FINANCIAL SUCCESS
20 BEST BOOKS ON CONFIDENCE TO LEVEL UP YOUR SELF-ESTEEM
HOW TO MOTIVATE YOURSELF EVERYDAY: A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR DAILY MOTIVATION
STEVEN SPIELBERG’S NET WORTH
TOP 75+ OG MANDINO QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE TRUE SUCCESS
LORI GREINER NET WORTH + HOW MUCH SHE MAKES PER YEAR
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2023)
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE SUCCESS
20 BEST BOOKS ON CONFIDENCE TO LEVEL UP YOUR SELF-ESTEEM
25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS THAT ACTUALLY WORK
100+ INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
100+ WORK ETHIC QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE MORE
100+ PURPOSE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
HOW TO MAKE MONEY WHILE YOU SLEEP AND NOT WORK UNTIL YOU DIE
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. If you’ve ever asked yourself,...
10 REASONS BUILDING AN ONLINE BUSINESS IS A GOOD INVESTMENT
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. Have you ever asked yourself,...
5 MILLIONAIRE SUCCESS HABITS THAT CAN ACTUALLY MAKE YOU RICH
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. These days anyone can become...
BEST WORKOUT APPS AND DIGITAL FITNESS PROGRAMS
This review for best workout apps may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. Are...
Self-Discipline1 month ago
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2023)
Quotes4 weeks ago
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE SUCCESS
Confidence3 days ago
20 BEST BOOKS ON CONFIDENCE TO LEVEL UP YOUR SELF-ESTEEM
Motivation3 months ago
25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS THAT ACTUALLY WORK
Motivation3 weeks ago
100+ INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
Quotes7 days ago
100+ WORK ETHIC QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE MORE
Inspiration5 months ago
100+ PURPOSE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
Inspiration2 weeks ago
100+ INSPIRING QUOTES ABOUT FOLLOWING YOUR DREAMS
Confidence1 year ago
100 INSPIRING COURAGE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FEEL COURAGEOUS
Quotes2 months ago
NO GUTS, NO GLORY QUOTES
Motivation2 weeks ago
100+ MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES TO HELP YOU NEVER GIVE UP
Motivation4 weeks ago
TOP 100 SUCCESS AND MOTIVATIONAL BLOGS FOR 2023