Motivation; it’s like a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. We all want it, we all need it, yet most of us just can’t seem to find it when we need it most. If you’re like most, and you want to know how to get motivated, then this article is for you.
As elusive as motivation is, the one for sure thing we know about it, is that most people find it difficult to maintain. Even the gurus, the so-called “motivators” lose their motivation from time to time. And those high-performers, the one’s we see on T.V, or read about in Forbes, Inc., and Success Magazine, the one’s who seem to be crushing all of their goals day after day, have their challenges with motivation every now and again too.
What we’ve observed, is that feeling unmotivated is natural, and it happens to the best of us. But, just because it’s natural, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t strive to get motivated and stay motivated.
If you’ve been puzzled by the mystery of motivation in the past, and you’re looking for ways to get motivated to fight off those feelings of being stuck or in a slump, then this article is for you.
We created this article as a solution for the loss of drive and desire to achieve that everyone experiences at some point in their lives. This article is especially for you if you’ve fallen victim to those motivational slumps that can potentially squander your future achievements.
So, if achieving more in life is important to you, you’re going to need to fight for your motivation by learning how to get motivated at will. Why? Because fighting for your motivation is the same as fighting for your dreams.
Having said that, if you’re ready to learn about the best ways to find the motivation needed to make progress in your life, then let’s dive right into this list:
HOW TO GET MOTIVATED: 14 BEST WAYS TO FIND YOUR MOTIVATION TO ACHIEVE
By the end of this article you will know how to get motivated to act in spite of your personal circumstances. So, Are you ready to step into the ring and learn what it takes to fight for your dreams? If so, here you go:
1. Have a Dream
The first and most important thing everyone needs if they want to be moved to take action, is to have a dream. People who have a compelling goal or dream to strive for, rarely lack motivation.
This quote by Antoine De Saint-Exupery points out quite well the power a dream can have on our motivation levels:
“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”
Most people who lack motivation, lack an exciting vision for what they intend to go after. The keyword here is exciting vision. Oftentimes, we don’t give our goals enough thought.
Give Your Dream Some Serious Thought
Many people choose a goal haphazardly. They choose a goal because they think it’s what they “should” go after, or because it’s a “reasonable” goal. But if you don’t choose a goal based off what you truly want, and if it’s not a goal that resonates deep down in your soul, then you won’t be thrilled to reach it.
But, if you choose to set a goal for yourself that you genuinely desire, a goal that you can clearly see yourself reaching, while having a sense of how amazing things will be once you achieve it, you effectively lay a strong foundation for sustainable motivation.
A wise success guru once said,
“Your better future is a dream, for yourself and for your family. Where do you want to go, what you want to do, what do you want be, what do you want to see. You’ve got to dream dreams.”
Truly, without dreams and visions, our motivation to achieve will perish. So, be sure you decide to go for something that inspires your heart and soul. The clearer and more enticing your dreams, the more intense and lasting your motivation will be. Dream!
2. Make Your Dream a Goal
But, you can’t just stop with a dream. We all have dreams of having a better future, making more money, getting nicer things, gaining more of this and gaining more of that. Everyone dreams, yet not everyone reaches those dreams.
One of the biggest reasons most people don’t come close to ever reaching their dreams is because they run out of motivation. And one of the major reasons people run out of motivation, is because…can you guess it?
One of the major reasons people run out of motivation, is because they never convert their dreams and intentions into a physical goal.
Look, dreams exist in our minds, they are nebulous intentions. And over time, dreams will naturally wither away and morph into memories. But, this doesn’t always have to be the case for them.
No, you can actually give your dreams and the motivation you’ll need to achieve them some lifeblood if you commit your dreams to paper, if you turn them into a written goal. Even neuroscience agrees.
So, If you really want to see your dream become a reality, and have that dream motivate you to take some serious action, putting pen to paper to write that dream down is a good idea.
Remember, we are not the sum of our intentions, we are the sum of our actions. So, do your motivation a favor and transform that dream of yours into a goal, because goals after all, are just dreams with a deadline.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE GOAL SETTING TEMPLATE
3. Create Habit Triggers
A very simple, but effective way to get you motivated on those days when you’re not feeling “it”, is to create a habit trigger around motivation.
What’s a habit trigger?
A habit trigger can be anything you set up for yourself as an intentional reminder to prompt you to take action on something. For instance, you can set up a habit trigger to help your stay motivated by placing stickers with motivational phrases near your work-space. Or, you can tape an inspirational message, your goals , or whatever, onto your mirror, to remind you to do a certain thing, act a certain way, or strive for a specific goal every day before you leave the house.
Another effective habit trigger could be something as simple as setting a timer on your phone, so when it goes off, it will remind you to take a break, call someone, send an email, do 10 push-ups or whatever task you’ve associated with the trigger to keep you moving forward on your goals.
That said, one of the next best ways to get yourself motivated is to…
4. Create Rituals
Ritual is one of the best kept secrets that many high achievers use to get themselves motivated.
If you were to study a hand full of high performers very closely, you would quickly notice that they don’t depend on motivation to strike before they start taking action on their daily goals. If you watched them closely, you’d notice they have what would seem like some magical ability to do much of what they set out to do, even when they don’t feel like it.
And the way they’re able to keep taking action towards their goals (motivated or not), is because they’ve automated the process of motivation through ritual. Most rituals come in the form of an early morning routine, or late night rituals, but the time of the day is not what matters. What matters is the ritual.
These rituals can look like journaling every day, waking up early and meditating, doing pre-work breathing exercises, cold showers or ice-baths, etc. These rituals can be as varied as the person doing them. But, the important thing is that they help revitalize, refresh, and remind you to keep doing what you’ve committed to achieving.
So, if you want to put your motivation on autopilot, ensure you have a ritual. It will help you move your achievement needle forward, even on the days you don’t feel like it.
5. Get Good Sleep
You may have experienced this before, mentally, you want to do something badly, but physically, you just don’t feel up for it. Often, this lack of energy stems from a lack of sleep. And a lack of energy can transform into a lack of motivation.
We’ve experienced this first hand, but there is also research that backs this up. When we don’t get sufficient levels of sleep, our self-control and cognitive performance both get impaired, and when these bad boys get impaired, our motivation can take a dramatic dip.
So, if you’ve been lacking motivation but not sure why, it could be you just need more sleep.
6. Keep the Momentum
This next step is not so much about getting motivated as it is about staying motivated.
When we first start our chasing a goal adventure we have tons of zest and excitement for it. We spend lots of time thinking, tinkering, and taking action to achieve that goal. But, overtime, especially if it’s a mid to long-term goal, our motivation will dissipate. And naturally, when our motivation starts to wane, it’s far easier to get distracted with a little escape or break from the chase. Of course, this is a big no no.
Sure, taking time off to relax or going on vacation is important every now and then, but, it’s important that you don’t do too much of it. Why? Because for every additional day you take off from pursuing your goals, you’ll increase the resistance you’ll face when you try to get back to the chase.
In short, don’t take to much time off from the hustle, it will kill your momentum. And dead momentum will undermine both your motivation and dreams.
7. Listen to Motivational Music
Sometimes, a little music is all it takes to help us get that spark back. Whenever you feel spent, just fire up some good music and it will usually get you back to 100%.
But don’t just turn on the radio and think that any ole song will do. It won’t. If you’re looking to music to help you get your groove back, your best bet is to listen to something that is tried and true.
Basically, any song that has in the past, helped you stoke your internal fire. So, go with songs that have given you goose bumps or have made you feel like you can conquer the world and create an empire. It doesn’t matter if it’s motivational rap songs, rock songs, or classical, so long as it helps rekindle your fire.
Indeed, music can be a used as a catalyst, it can be the kick in the pants you need to get you back on track and fired up to attack.
8. Watch Motivational Movies
Everyone loves a good movie. They act as an escape from the challenges of the real world, giving us momentary relief in a world of fantasy. But that’s not why we recommend watching movies to get you motivated. We are recommending them because movies have the power to inspire us. The right movie can lift our spirits when we’re feeling down, it can give us hope when we’ve become discouraged. Even when we feel as if our determination has run its course, the right movie can give us a second-wind, it can makes us want to get back on that horse.
Movies, especially the motivational ones, can be energizing and uplifting, they can give us the much-needed motivation boost to help us keep moving in the direction of our dreams.
Put simply, movies are magical, and they can be used as an effective resource to help you put the wind back in your sails.
So, if you’re ever feeling stuck or low on motivation, take a break from the grind, pop in a good flick, and let that movie reinvigorate your will to achieve.
9. View Motivational Videos to Get Motivated
If you’re like me, you may always be pressed for time. And finding one and a half to two hours to watch a motivational movie may be impossible. If that’s that case, the next best thing is to watch motivational videos.
The great thing is, there’s no shortage of motivational videos. A quick search on YouTube or Google usually provides a great list of videos to choose from.
A good motivational video can give you the perfect jolt of “I can do this” to get you humming along again and hustling to achieve your goals. Here at the Strive, many of our staff say they watch motivational videos every few days to keep their spirits up. No doubt, they do this because movies act as a good reminder of what’s possible and they can help us maintain our enthusiasm for our goals.
So, for a quick daily jolt of mojo, motivation videos are great way to go.
10. Rest, Relax, and Recharge
Believe it or not, small breaks can improve your concentration and long breaks can replenish your overall job/work performance.
Clinical psychologist, Francie Lederer states that “Most people have better life perspective and are more motivated to achieve their goals after a vacation, even if it is a 24-hour time-out.”
And we agree with her assessment. Every time we take a break from our business pursuits, we feel like we come back stronger. We tend to have more energy for the tasks at hand, new and fresh ideas that we didn’t have before, and are now excited to put into practice. Yup, a little R and R always leads to renewed interest in achieving our goals.
No doubt, sometimes all we need to get rid of those feelings of being stuck or unmotivated is a little rest and relaxation.
11. Find Your Motivation Via Accountability
One of the best ways to get you past the resistance and motivational slumps you may face in life, is to find an accountability partner or group.
Inherent in the strive for a goal, is resistance and those reoccurring moments where you lose your mojo. But, when you have an accountability partner or group, you have a mechanism in place to push you past those low points when you can’t do it yourself.
Accountability partners are highly effective, which is why there is such a big market for accountability coaching these days. Of course, you don’t have to always buy a coach or buy into a group to find such accountability. You could just as easily create your own group on Facebook or find a good friend to partner up with.
So long as you trust your accountability partners to work with you, and not let you off the hook, a self-created accountability group can be just as effective as an accountability coach you pay for.
12. Avoid Negativity
Reading the news, surfing negative sites on the internet, or talking to people who leave you feeling drained and negative will have an impact on your mood and motivation. And not a good impact at that.
Truth is, negativity is a motivation killer. The news will have you fearing everything under the sun, tempting you be overcautious and risk averse.
Negative friends and co-workers can also make you doubt your abilities. They’ll leave you feeling discouraged and pessimistic about what’s possible for you.
What you’re left with then, is fear of failure, doubt, and discouragement. All these things then lead to feelings of “What’s the point”? And that kind of attitude is never good for motivation. And little motivation means little achievement.
So, be sure to avoid the news, and avoid negative people. And instead, focus on feelings of gratitude. Read uplifting content and surround yourself with positive people. Obviously, you won’t be able to completely eradicate all negativity from your life, but by limiting your exposure to as much of it as possible, you will significantly improve how you feel about yourself and your pursuits.
And your attitude can make all the difference in how motivated you feel.
13. Trust in The Power of Pursuit
There will be times when you get discouraged, when you lack energy, when you’ll want to quit because you’ve stopped believing in the merits of the achievement. These moments come when you doubt that what you’re pursuing will ever come to fruition. When this happens most people want to throw in the towel.
If you ever get to this point, where your motivation seems to be at zero, you’ll be surprised to know that having a little faith can do wonders for you. To jumpstart your motivation with faith, here’s what you must do; surrender to the idea that your success is inevitable.
In other words, start trusting in the power of pursuit. Put your trust in the wisdom of all the successful people who have come before you. Heed their wise words…. wise words like:
“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” – Paulo CoelhoClick To Tweet
“All of our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them,” – Walt DisneyClick To Tweet
“The moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too.” – Johan Wolfgang Von GoetheClick To Tweet
So, If you feel like you are putting in the work, the effort, and the time, but your lack of results has you feeling down, just believe that things will eventually work out for you.
Trust that what you seek is also seeking you. Do this, and you will without a doubt, reignite the energy and enthusiasm behind your pursuits.
Following this step will work wonders for finding your motivation, trust us.
14. Use Force
Last, but not least, when all is said and done, and you’ve exhausted all other options to get motivated, your last resort is to strong arm your motivation.
You can know exactly how to get what you want, and you can follow all of the steps previously outlined to get yourself motivated and fired up for your goals again. But, if all else has failed, this is what you must to do. You must use force. We know, it’s not a sexy solution, or what you want to hear. But, sometimes, motivation requires action, and action requires force. And believe it or not, action often comes before motivation.
Truly, if you would just force yourself to take action, often times your motivation will kick in. The creators of Nike understood this, and that’s why their motto is “Just Do It!”
Sometimes, all we really needs is a good nudge. A small kick-start can help us get the ball rolling enough to have our mojo come back.
Now, if you’re not willing to take this step, then you’ll have to either quit or change your goal. Of course, if quitting isn’t in the cards for you, then you know what you must do. Force yourself to do what you’ve made up your mind to do. Because at the end of the day, nothing happens till you start moving and doing. So, motivation or not, if you want to achieve your goals, you’ll have to force yourself to take action.
Bonus Ways to Get Motivated:
Alright, here is one last bonus to help you truly get your motivation back up and primed for achievement. This bonus section consists of a handful of additional resources you can leverage to get you motivated and back in action.
So, here they are, enjoy:
There you have it, 14 solid ways to help you get and stay motivated to achieve like a champ. Now that you know how to get motivated, whipping your motivational issues into shape should be a breeze.
No doubt, there will still be days when your motivation and drive runs low. But now you know where to find the keys…. right here on the TheSTRIVE.co.
Till you reach your aims,
PS – Check this out if you want to triple your output, deeply connect with your goals, and start achieving your dreams today.
100+ INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
One of the key ingredients to achieving success and winning in life, is effort. In fact, it may be the one sole ingredient to success that each human alive has the ability to control. Which is why we’ve dedicated this page specifically to effort quotes.
From most of our research (and life experiences) we’ve observed that the amount of effort and intensity one applies to a given task, goal, or vision; directly impacts the quality and swiftness of that goal’s completion.
A Philosophy of Effort
Without a doubt, effort is a critical factor in goal achievement. But more importantly, effort is the key to unlocking our potential. As such we want to help as many people as possible embrace such a philosophy by sharing some of the most powerful quotes on effort we could find.
Please know, that these are the best of the best effort quotes you’ll find. We believe that if you want to be the best, you need to read the best.
There’s no doubt these effort quotes will serve as a reliable reminder of effort’s role in your success. In addition, they will help encourage you to unleash your untapped levels of effort. And when that happens you will begin unlocking your potential and all the success you deserve will start coming your way.
So without further ado, here is your new reliable list of the 100 most motivating effort quotes available. Let them rev up your effort-engines, so you can go forth and unleash your potential! Let’s dive in!
EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL
1. “The heights by great men reached and kept, Were not attained by sudden flight, But they, while their companions slept, Were toiling upward in the night.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
2. “For every disciplined effort there is a multiple reward.” – Jim Rohn
3. “I am grinding while your sleeping.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
4. Plough deep while sluggards sleep.” – Benjamin Franklin
5. “All the so-called “secrets of success” will not work unless you do.” – Anonymous
6. “The only thing that has kept me around is my effort.” – Ray Lewis
7. “Effort is only effort when it begins to hurt.” – José Ortega y Gassett
8. “There’s not a person on my team in 16 years that has consistently beat me to the ball every play. That ain’t got nothing to do with talent, That’s just got everything to do with effort, and nothing else.” – Ray Lewis
9. “Ideas don’t work for people unwilling to do the work.” – Robin Sharma
10. “Effort is grossly underrated.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
11. “Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second. Give your dreams all you’ve got and you’ll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you.” – William James
12. “A great work demands a great sacrifice, and who is not capable of a great sacrifice is not capable of a great work.” – Muriel Strode
13. “All I ever knew, was that effort would get me seen on tape, effort would get me noticed to get to the league, effort would one day take care of my mom and my kids. Effort, which is between you and you. Nobody else can give you effort. Effort is what is inside” – Ray Lewis
14. “If a man is called a street-sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street-sweeper who did his job well.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
15. “You can’t have a million dollar dream with a minimum wage work ethic.” – Anonymous
16. “Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still.” – Chinese Proverb
17. “They indeed are fools who are satisfied with the fruits of their past effort and do not engage themselves in self-effort now.” – Swami Venkatesananda
18. “An industrious dunce is often more successful in life than his learned neighbor.” – James Lendall Basford
19. “I CAN is 100 times more important than IQ” – Anonymous
20. “Success is dependent on effort.” – Sophocles
21. “If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.” – Dave Weinbaum
22. “I’ve got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.” – Larry Bird
23. “Winning is not everything, but the effort to win is.” – Zig Ziglar
24. “When I was young, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. So I did ten times more work.” George Bernard Shaw
25. “Great effort springs naturally from great attitude.” – Pat Riley
26. “It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.” – Theodore Roosevelt
27. “About the only thing that comes to us without effort is old age.” – Gloria Pitzer
28. “Success is a ladder you cannot climb with your hands in your pockets.” – Anonymous
29. “For us, there is only the trying. The rest is not our business.” – T.S. Eliot
30. “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.” – Mahatma Gandhi
“Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.” – Mahatma GandhiTweet Quote
31. “Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men and women who kept on working.” – Anonymous
32. “Give your dreams all you’ve got and you’ll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you.” – William James
33. “The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work.” – Emile Zola
34. “Continuous Effort, not strength or intelligence, is the key to unlocking our potential.” – Winston Churchill
36. “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” – Napoleon Hill
36. “The view is better when it is earned.” – Anonymous
37. “Put in 5% more effort than “there’s only so much I can do” and you’ll be way ahead of the game.” – Terri Guillemets
38. “Sweat is the cologne of accomplishment.” – Heywood Hale Broun
39. “The only thing that ever sat its way to success was a hen.” – Sarah Brown
40. “Much effort, much prosperity.” – Euripides
41. “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
42. “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” – Abraham Lincoln
43. “There’s nothing like biting off more than you can chew, and then chewing anyway.” – Mark Burnett
44. “Put your heart, mind, intellect and soul even to your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.” – Swami Sivananda
45. “The mode by which the inevitable comes to pass is effort.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
“The mode by which the inevitable comes to pass is effort.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.Tweet Quote
46. “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.” – James Allen
47. “Nobody ever drowned in his own sweat.” – Ann Landers
48. “The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.” – Anonymous
49. “The level path is easy, but it will not bring you to the mountaintop.” – Dr. Idel Dreimer
50. “Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more.” – Edward H. Harriman
Temperature Check on These Quotes About Effort
One of the things we love most about quotes, is their ability to inspire, uplift, and encourage. And in the case of these effort quotes, they also have the ability to energize. If you’ve gotten to this point and have started to feel a bit charged up, then keep reading, because it means the quotes are working.
After you read the next 50 quotes on effort, don’t be surprised if you feel the urge fire up a pot of coffee and start hatching up plans to take over the world!
Related: Work Hard and You Will Succeed
51. “The elevator to success is not running; you must climb the stairs.” – Zig Ziglar
52. “We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort.” – Anonymous
53. “Men are made stronger on realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm.” – Sidney J. Phillips
54. “Education comes from within; you get it by struggle and effort and thought.” – Napoleon Hill
55. “The healthiest competition occurs when average people win by putting above average effort.” – Colin Powell
“The healthiest competition occurs when average people win by putting above average effort.” – Colin PowellTweet Quote
56. “Gold medals are made out of sweat, blood, and tears and effort in the gym every day.” – Gabby Douglas
57. “Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you.” – Arnold Palmer
58. “Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times.” – Aeschylus
59. “Sometimes, things may not go your way, but the effort should be there every single night.” – Michael Jordan
60. “Life can be boring unless you put some effort into it.” – John C. Maxwell
61. “Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to become the best of which you are capable.” – John Wooden
62. “Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don’t turn up at all.” – Sam Ewing
63. “Unwearied ceaseless effort is the price that must be paid for turning faith into a rich infallible experience.” – Mahatma Gandhi
64. “The achievements of an organization are the results of the combined effort of each individual.” – Vince Lombardi
65. “The results you achieve will be in direct proportion to the effort you apply.” – Denis Waitley
“The results you achieve will be in direct proportion to the effort you apply.” – Denis WaitleyTweet Quote
66. “You’re always learning. The problem is, sometimes you stop and think you understand the world. This is not correct. The world is always moving. You never reach the point you can stop making an effort.” – Paulo Coelho
67. “Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.” – Napoleon Hill
68. “Make each day count by setting specific goals to succeed, then putting forth every effort to exceed your own expectations.” – Les Brown
69. “It’s the constant and determined effort that breaks down all resistance, sweeps away all obstacles.” – Claude M. Bristol
70. “The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” – Jimmy Johnson
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” – Jimmy JohnsonTweet Quote
71. “It doesn’t matter if you lose, it matters if you don’t try.” – Unknown
72. “The real tragedy is the tragedy of the man who never in his life braces himself for his one supreme effort, who never stretches to his full capacity, never stands to his full stature.” – Arnold Bennett
73. “God doesn’t require us to succeed, he only requires that you try.” – Mother Teresa
74. “Enthusiasm is the mother of effort, and without it nothing great was ever achieved.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
75. “Try and fail, but don’t fail to try.” – Stephen Kaggwa
76. “I am a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
77. “Each man is the smith of his own fortune.” – Appius Claudius
78. “A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood.” – George S. Patton
79. “Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you’re willing to pay the price.” – Vince Lombardi
80. “The one thing that matters is the effort.” – Antoine De Saint-Exupery
81. “The man who succeeds is a man who has withstood the tests of time, trials, and has made every effort count.” – Hermann J. Steinherr
82. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” ― Earl Nightingale
83. “People are rewarded in public for what they’ve practiced for years in private.” – Anthony Robbins
84. “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
85. “Problems are only opportunities in work clothes.” – Henry J. Kaiser
86. “It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.” – Seneca
87. “He who seeks rest finds boredom….He who seeks work finds rest.” – Anonymous
88. “We are all self-made, but only the successful will admit it.” – Earl Nightingale
89. “Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can.” – Lowell Thomas
90. “There is no substitute for work.” – Vince Lombardi
91.“Be willing to give that extra effort that separates the winner from the one in second place.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
92. “Confidence is not something that comes out of nowhere. It is the result of months and years of practice, constant work, effort, and determination.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
93. “A little more persistence a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn into a glorious success.” – Elbert Hubbard
94. “As one makes an impartial study of successful people, one is drawn to inevitable conclusion that persistence, concentration of effort and definiteness of purpose are the major sources of their achievements.” – Napoleon Hill
95. “One may walk over the highest mountain one step at a time.” – John Wanamaker
96. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” – Estee Lauder
97. “Leaders are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile.” – Vince Lombardi
98. “If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you.” – Michael Jordan
99. “Success in anything will always come down to this: Focus & Effort, and we control both of them.” – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
100. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
101. “Very few people are really capable of sustained effort, and that’s the reason why we have comparatively few outstanding successes.” – James McDonald
102. “Effort is the route available to the underdog, I may not be able to outspend you, but I can outwork you.” – Malcolm Gladwell
103. “Everything gets easier when you stop expecting it to be easy.” – Tim Grover
104. “Talent without effort is wasted talent. And while effort is the one thing you can control in your life, applying that effort intelligently is next on the list.” – Mark Cuban
105. “Make every effort matter, and always make the following effort better than the last one.” – Hermann J. Steinherr
“Make every effort matter, and always make the following effort better than the last one.” – Hermann J. SteinherrTweet Quote
106. “No matter what you ability is, effort is what ignites that ability and turns it into accomplishment.” – Carol Dweck
107. “Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
108. “It takes hard work to make it to the top. It takes twice the effort to stay at the top.” – Patrick Bet-David
109. “Consistency of effort over the long run is everything.” – Angela Duckworth
110. “To double your gains you must triple your effort.” – Anonymous
Bonus Effort Quote
Bonus: Here’s our last and final effort quote. We set this one aside because we believe it’s powerful and says a lot a bout what it takes to succeed, namely, that you just have to be willing to put in the effort. Enjoy.
“Do the work. Everyone wants to be successful, but nobody wants to do the work.” – Gary VaynerchukTweet Quote
Final Thoughts on These Effort Quotes
Alright, you made it through the internet’s most powerful gauntlet of effort quotes. Now how do you feel? Honestly!
Fan-freaking-tastic!!!? Just as we suspected.
It’s all about effort friends. We all have the ability to dial it up, or dial it down in our lives. We can choose to try valiantly to accomplish, or we can choose to just go through the motions.
The ability to win is available to us all, and we are in complete control of how much of it we get to experience in this life through effort.
So, use these select effort quotes as a resource to live with more intensity. Let them encourage and support you in all your efforts towards reaching your potential, maximizing your achievements, and finding more success!
Till you reach your aims,
PS – If you enjoyed these effort quotes, then you’ll love these Badass Quotes on Work Ethic!
Winning takes place by going the extra mile, and this new tool was specifically designed to help you go the distance.
50+ INSPIRATIONAL HARD WORK PAYS OFF QUOTES
There’s one premise that all our efforts are based off of here at The STRIVE, and it’s that hard work pays off. We believe that going the extra mile, putting in the effort, working late nights, and grinding in those early waking hours all adds up. We believe it, because it does, and because we’ve observed this to be true in just about every success story we’ve studied.
So, to keep you inspired and faithful to the fact that hard work and maximum effort brings positive results, we’ve rounded up these powerful hard work pays off quotes. May they help you stick to the spirit that has helped created countless millionaires, success icons, pros, and superstars across the ages.
BEST HARD WORK PAYS OFF QUOTES
1. “At the end of the day, you put all the work in, and eventually it’ll pay off. It could be in a year, it could be in 30 years. Eventually, your hard work will pay off.” – Kevin Hart
2. “Hard work pays off — hard work beats talent any day, but if you’re talented and work hard, it’s hard to beat.” – Robert Griffin III
3. “Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.” – Colin Powell
4. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” – Tim Notke
5. “Hard work pays off if you’re patient enough to see it through.” – Michael Chandler
6. “The harder you work for something, the greater you’ll feel when you achieve it.” – Anonymous
7. “Your hard work might not pay off today or tomorrow, but it will eventually pay off.” – Sonya Parker
8. “Self-belief and hard work will always earn you success.” – Virat Kohil
9. “I know you’ve heard it a thousand times before. But it’s true — hard work pays off. If you want to be good, you have to practice, practice. If you don’t love something, then don’t do it.” – Ray Bradbury
10. “Hard work and determination equals success. Nothing comes easy. Put your mind to something.” – Kevin Hart
11. “Hard work pays off. The harder you work, the more people will notice.” – Sydney Sweeney
12. “The hard work definitely paid off and hard work always does.” – Gabby Douglas
13. “Hard word pays off later, laziness pays off now.’ – Anonymous
14. “The price of success: hard work, patience, and a few sacrifices.” – Edward Bok
15. “The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.” – Harry Golden
16. “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.” – Kevin Durant
17. “There is no easy way. There is only hard work, late nights, early mornings, practice, rehearsal, repetition, study, sweat, blood, toil, frustration, and discipline.” – Jocko Willink
18. “Hard work always pays off, whatever you do.” – Justin Lynch
19. “I always remind my kids that hard work pays off. That’s how I go to where I am right now because of sacrifice and the work I put into it.” – Dwayne Wade
20. “Hard work pays the best dividends.” – Atlas Rowe
21. “A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.” – Colin Powell
22. “Hard work opens doors and shows the world that you are serious about being one of those rare – and special – human beings who use the fullness of their talents to do their very best.” – Robin Sharma
23. “Hard work pays off in the future but requires discomfort now. Laziness pays off now but guarantees discomfort in the future.” – Hal Elrod
24. “The road to success is not easy to navigate, but with hard work, drive and passion, it’s possible to achieve the American dream.” – Tommy Hilfiger
25. “Work hard in silence, let success be your noise.” – Frank Ocean
26. “We are all great. No matter if you think you’re dumb, fat, been bullied, we all have greatness. You gotta find the courage. It’s going to be hard work, discipline, and the non-cognitive skills — hard work, dedication, sacrifice — that will set you apart. – David Goggins
27. “All roads that lead to success have to pass through hard work boulevard at some point.” – Eric Thomas
28. “Through hard work, perseverance and a faith in God, you can live your dreams.” – Ben Carson
29. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
30. “Hard work works!” – Denzel Washington
31. “Product outweighs talent.’ – Master P
32. “With hard work and effort, you can achieve anything.” – Antoine Griezmann
33. “Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.” – Kobe Bryant
34. “If you do the work you get rewarded. There are no shortcuts in life.” – Michael Jordan
35. “Luck doesn’t exist, only hard work works.” – Serge Nubret
36. “If you believe hard work pays, and put in the time and effort that goes along with such a belief, success will surely follow.” – The STRIVE
37. “Nobody has the power to change the past, but we all have the power to change our future. Hard work pays off!” – Master P
38. “When you are willing to replace mundane excuses with hard work and your laziness with determination, nothing can prevent you from succeeding.” – Prem Jagyasi
39. “Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you’re willing to pay the price.” – Vince Lombardi
40. “Hard work creates champions.” – The STRIVE
41. “The road to success and greatness is always paved with consistent hard work.” – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
42. “A lot of hard work is hidden behind nice things.” – Ralph Lauren
43. “Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds” – .Gordon B. Hinckley
44. “Preparation for tomorrow is hard work today.” – Bruce Lee
45. “Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.” – Conan O’Brien
46. “I strongly believe if you work hard, whatever you want, it will come to you.” – Beyoncé
47. “Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.” – Peter Drucker
48. “Hard work increases the probability of serendipity.” – Ken Poirot
49. “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.” – Steve Jobs
50. “Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice.” – Henry Ford
51. “It takes many years to become an overnight success.” – Frank Sonnenburg
52. “People often ask me if I know the secret of success and if I could tell others how to make their dreams come true. My answer is, you do it by working.” – Walt Disney
53. “The common denominator for success is work.” – John D. Rockefeller
54. “Work your ass off, there is no magic pill.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
55. “There is no substitute for hard work.” – Thomas Edison
Related: Work Hard and You Will Succeed
Bonus Hard Work Pays Quote
Bonus: Here’s one last quote related to hard work paying off. This one is without a doubt one of our favorites because it touches on the truth of hard work, which is that it does pay, but only after you’ve first made a down payment with effort.
There you have it, our collection of the most motivating Hard Work Pays Off quotes. We hope they help you put your nose to the grindstone and get to work on bringing your dreams to life.
That said, if you enjoyed this collection of Hard Work Pays Off quotes, then you’ll definitely enjoy these powerful resources as well:
Till you reach your aims,
70+ MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY QUOTES THAT WILL HELP YOU TAKE ON THE WEEK
Mondays can be a pain in the butt. It doesn’t matter if you love your job, get paid the “big bucks”, or work from home, Mondays can still be a challenge. The good news is, they don’t all have to be such a drag. In fact, fending off the dread of Mondays is doable with a few inspiring words. And that’s exactly what we aim to do with these motivational Monday quotes.
We’ve pulled together this powerful collection of Monday quotes to help you shake off those weekend-induced cobwebs, so you can get back into your goal-crushing groove.
So, if you’re read for a whole lotta Monday motivation, let’s rip off that band-aid and get to it:
BEST MONDAY QUOTES TO TAKE ON THE DAY
1. “Mondays are the start of the work week which offer new beginnings 52 times a year!” – David Dweck
2. “Hey, I know it’s Monday. But it’s also a new day and a new week. And in that lies a new opportunity for something special to happen.” – Michael Ely
3. “Monday is for people with a mission.” – Cristina Imre
4. “Monday is a state of mind. Put on your positive pants and get stuff done.” – Anonymous
5. “I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” – Groucho Marx
6 “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.” – Zig Ziglar
7. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
8. “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration. The rest of us just get up and go to work.” – Stephen King
9. “So. Monday. We meet again. We will never be friends—but maybe we can move past our mutual enmity toward a more-positive partnership.” – Julio Alexi Genao
10. “Even the best weeks start with Monday.” – Nice Peter
11. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
12. “New Monday new week. Let nothing stop you from reaching your goals.” – Anonymous
13. “This is your Monday morning reminder that you can handle whatever this week throws at you.” – Anonymous
14. “Mondays are for the brave, the strong and courageous, because it’s always going to be that first day of every week when you choose to get out there and show up!” – Anonymous
15. “Your Monday morning thoughts set the tone for your whole week. See yourself getting stronger, and living a fulfilling, happier and healthier life.” – Germany Kent
16. “Every day is different, and some days are better than others, but no matter how challenging the day, I get up and live it.” – Muhammad Ali
17. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
18. “Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” – St. Francis of Assisi
19. “Believe on Monday the way you believe on Sunday.” – Rita Schiano
20. “The future depends on what you do today.” – Mahatma Gandhi
21. “You don’t need a new year to make a change…. All you need is a Monday.” – Anonymous
22. “It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.” – Theodore Roosevelt
23. “Monday Morning Blues? Why not change the color of your Monday to yellow and brighten up the coming week?” – Kanika Saxena
24. “When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love…” – Marcus Aurelius
25. “Formula for success: Rise early, work hard, strike oil.” – J. Paul Getty
Related: New Month Quotes
26. “For me Monday represents a fresh start to the week. It is the day where the slate from the previous week is wiped clean. It is a day of new beginnings.” – Allen Smith
27. “You are in control. Never allow your Monday to be manic.” – Andrea L’Artiste
28. “There are many opportunities in every single day, and Monday is the perfect day to seize them all.” – Isabella Koldras
29. “This should be the spirit every Monday. Know that something good will always happen.” – Gabriel García Márquez
30. “Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
31. “It’s Monday. Get a new perspective. Whatever obstacle you’re facing — it’s not permanent.” – Anonymous
32. “The sun himself is weak when he first rises; and gathers strength and courage as the day goes on.” – Charles Dickens
33. “Some succeed because they are destined to, but most succeed because they are determined to.” – Henry Van Dyke
34. “If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it.” – Olin Miller
35. “Begin the week with momentum and you’ll look back with great satisfaction on all you achieved.” – Skip Prichard
36. “Success isn’t owned. It’s leased, and rent is due every day.” – J. J. Watt
37. “May your coffee be strong and your Mondays be short.” – Monday Motivation Quote
38. “A diamond is a chunk of coal that did well under pressure.” – Henry Kissinger
39. “The only limits you have are the limits you believe.” – Wayne Dyer
40. “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill
41. “Your life goal should be to make Monday the best day of the week.” – Trevor Carss
42. “Wake up on Monday and start your day with a lot of awesomeness and you will get happiness back.” – Jim Butcher
43. “Don’t let a day of the week have so much power over your happiness. Happy Monday!” – Andrea L’Artiste
44. “A great attitude is not the result of success; success is the result of a great attitude.” – Earl Nightingale
45. “Today is the opportunity to build the tomorrow you want.” – Ken Poirot
46. “Mindset is everything, especially on Mondays” – The Strive
47. “You’re 100% responsible for your life. Stop whining and do something about it.” – Mathieu Fortin
48. “Today’s goals: Coffee and kindness. Maybe two coffees, and then kindness.” – Nanea Hoffman
49. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Lorimer
50. “Make each day a masterpiece.” – John Wooden
51. “Life is a game, play it.” – Mother Teresa
52. “Winners embrace hard work. They love the discipline of it, the trade-off they’re making to win. Losers, on the other hand, see it as a punishment.
And that’s the difference.” – Lou Holtz
53. “If it’s important, you’ll find a way. If it’s not, you’ll find an excuse.” – Ryan Blair
54. “Do the work. Everyone wants to be successful, but nobody wants to do the work.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
55. “Nothing is worth more than this day.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
56. “The only thing in your control is effort. That’s all, and that’s everything.” – Mark Cuban
57. “Do it now. Sometimes ‘later’ becomes ‘never.’” – Anonymous
58. “Only those who will risk going to far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T.S. Eliot
59. “It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” – Tony Robbins
60. “Things don’t just happen. People make them happen.” – Zig Ziglar
61. “We uncover our nature through action.” – Steven Pressfield
62. “Monday, I grind. Tuesday, I grind. Wednesday, I grind. Thursday, I grind. Friday, I grind. Saturday, I grind. Sunday, I grind. And, that’s why I’m here today.” – Eric Thomas
63. “Good things happen to those who hustle.” – Anais Nin
64. “In this world you only get what you grab for.” – Giovanni Boccaccio
65. “Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games.” – Babe Ruth
66. “In the end your success will speak for itself.” – Patrick Bet-David
67. “Momentum begets momentum, and the best way to start is to start.” – Gil Penchina
68. “Easy never pays well.” – Andy Frisella
69. “Every morning you have two choices: continue to sleep with your dreams or wake up and chase them.” – Carmelo Anthony
70. “Don’t count the days. Make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
Related: Motivational Monday Mantras
Bonus Motivational Monday Quote
Bonus: Alright, here is our last motivational quote for Monday, enjoy:
There you have it, the top motivational Monday quotes. Leverage these quotes to reframe your mindset on the day, minimize the slowdown in your momentum that the weekend has caused, and reignite your zest for taking care of business.
With that being said, if you enjoyed any of these quotes, and think you might need some inspiration tomorrow, be sure to check out these Tuesday motivation quotes. Lastly, if a friend or coworker could use a few good words to get over their case of “the Monday’s”, please share this page with them.
Till next time,
PS – If you enjoyed these motivational Monday quotes, then you’ll especially enjoy this next resource. These motivational mantras will really help you get fired up to work on those Monday’s when you’re not “feeling it” – Check Them Out Here
35+ UNDERDOG QUOTES TO HELP YOU MOUNT YOUR COMEBACK
We’ve all been an underdog at some point in our lives. Especially if you’ve ever been discounted, disrespected, overlooked, or not taken seriously. You’ve also likely experienced being an underdog if you’ve been struggling to achieve your goals lately, or if you’ve been experiencing setback after setback. Whatever the case may be, if you’re an underdog we are rooting for you. And it’s the reason we’ve pulled together these powerful underdog quotes.
We understand that the story of the underdog is a metaphor for life. As such, our hope is that these quotes will help you regain your fighting spirit. Our hope is that they’ll stir within you a second-wind so that you can mount your comeback and be victorious over your giant challenges.
So, if you’re ready to get fired up to mount your comeback and win, let’s dive into these powerful underdog quotes:
BEST UNDERDOG QUOTES
1. “Nothing feels better than doing what people say you cannot do.” – Kylie Francis
2. “The best revenge is massive success.” – Frank Sinatra
3. “Underdogs adapt, evolve and become winners because of their preparation, heart, execution, and the relentless attitude that the game will not end any other way.” – Ty Howard
4. “Life is never more fun than when you’re the underdog competing against the giants.” – Ross Perot
5. “Never underestimate the underdog.” – Anonymous
6. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
7. “If you’re an underdog, mentally disabled, physically disabled, if you don’t fit in, if you’re not as pretty as the others, you can still be a hero.” – Steve Guttenberg
8. “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.” – Mark Twain
9. “The underdog believe they could, so they did win!” – Ty Howard
10. “I’ve always been the underdog.” – Tom Brady
11. “I’ve been the underdog in my life since I was a kid.” – Rza
12. “I know I’m always rooting for the underdog in a fight, and I love to be constantly surprised.” – Gina Carano
13. “With but few exceptions, it is always the underdog who wins through sheer willpower.” – Johnny Weissmuller
14. “The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That’s real glory. That’s the essence of it.” – Vince Lombardi
15. “Victory is a thousand times sweeter when you’re the underdog.” – Jenny Han
16. “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” – Albert Einstein
17. “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I built my life.” – J.K. Rowling
18. “Don’t ever doubt me when the chips are down, I can always deliver.” – Tyson Fury
19. “I’ve always been an underdog. I feel lie I beat the odds.” – J. Cole
20. “When people said I couldn’t, I did. And I will.” – Tim Tebow
21. “When you measure your worth based on what other people say about you or on what you can achieve, it’s hard to understand who you really are.” – Nick Foles
22. “I was the undersized underdog who people never gave a chance. From that, the motivation to prove people wrong just grew and grew.” – Baker Mayfield
23. “Be careful how you treat those who you perceive to be below you. The Universe has a way of favoring the underdog.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
24. “I was an underdog my whole career, but I knew I had the ability to compete with those guys.” – Buster Douglas
25. “There are better starters than me but I’m a strong finisher.” – Usain Bolt
26. “Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man. But soon or late the one who wins, Is the one who thinks he can!” – Walter D. Wintle
27. “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.” – Elon Musk
28. “The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.” – Walter Bagehot
29. “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t.” – Thomas Edison
30. “Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.” – Rocky Balboa
31. “The bravest sight in all this world is a man fighting against odds.” – Franklin Knight Lane
32. “I heard I was too small to play in high school, in college, in the NFL. It just made me work harder.” – Darren Sproles
33. “I just think, as a people in general, we should always look at ourselves as the underdog, so we should always go harder than the next person.” – Shaggy
34. “Effort is the route available to the underdog, I may not be able to outspend you, but I can outwork you.” – Malcolm Gladwell
35. “Play like a champion, train like an underdog.” – Underdog Quote
36. “I don’t know if God is a sports fan or not, but I do know this: He loves a good comeback.” – Lane Kiffin
37. “There are enough people in the world who are going to write you off. You don’t need to do that to yourself.” – Susan Boyle
38. “If you’re willing to put yourself and your dreams on the line, at the very least you’ll discover an inner strength you may not have known existed.” – Kurt Warner
Bonus Underdog Quote
Bonus: Alright, here is one of our favorite quotes about being the underdog. We added it as bonus, because we stand behind it, and believe it’s one of the most inspiring. Enjoy.
There you have it, the best of the best when it comes to underdog quotes. We hope they inspired you to mount your own comeback as the underdog. It doesn’t matter if it’s related to your job, sports, or business.
That said, if you liked these underdog quotes then you’ll certainly enjoy these related resource as well:
It’s you vs. the world, you against the odds. Now get out there win what’s yours.
Till you reach your aims,
BEST TWO WORD QUOTES FOR DAILY MOTIVATION AND SUCCESS
It has been said that the pen is mightier than the sword. And the reason for this is because words are powerful. They can beautify, inspire, and add to life, just as they can equally diminish and destroy. And it doesn’t take many words to do either. In fact, sometimes two words is it all it takes to get the job done. To demonstrate this point of fact, we’ve pulled together some of the most powerful two-word quotes of all time.
Our hope is that these simple, yet powerful two-word quotes will not only save you time due to their brevity, but will inspire to believe, dream, and take more action on your goals. So, if you’re ready to see what these two-word quotes can do, let’s dive right into them:
BEST TWO WORD QUOTES
1. “Dream Big.” – The STRIVE
2. “You Can.” – Ray Lewis
3. “Be Somebody.” – J.J. Watt
4. “Carpe Diem.” – Horace
5. “Stay Hungry.” – Steve Jobs
6. “Work Hard.” – Anonymous
7. “No Excuses.” – Kobe Bryant
8. “Winner’s Win.” – Eric Thomas
9. “Go Do.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
10. “Stay Hard.” – David Goggins
Motivational Two Word Quotes
11. “Don’t Quit.” – Anonymous
12. “Move Forward.” – Anonymous
13. “Never Settle.” – Steve Jobs
14. “Keep Going.” – Anonymous
15. “Press On.” – Calvin Coolidge
16. “Go Big.” – Anonymous
17. “Be Awesome.” – Anonymous
18. “Be Fierce.” – Anonymous
19. “Go Getter.” – Anonymous
20. “Be Bold.” – William Zinsser
21. “Make Moves.” – Anonymous
22. “Aim High.” – U.S. Air Force
23. “Speed Kills.” – Anonymous
24. “I Will.” – Anonymous
25. “Think Big.” – David J. Schwartz, Ph.D
26. “Go Hard.” – Anonymous
27. “No Surrender.” – Bone
28. “Let’s Rock.” – Anonymous
29. “No Retreat.” – Anonymous
30. “Finish Strong.” – Dan Green
31. “Stay Strong.” – Anonymous
32. “Stay Free.” – Russel Brand
33. “Just Start.” – Anonymous
34. “Crush It.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
35. “Be Fearless.” – Wayne Dyer
36. “Try Again.” – Anonymous
37. “Keep Pushing.” – Anonymous
38. “Stay Focused.” – Anonymous
39. “Beast Mode.” – Anonymous
40. “Hustle Hard.” – Anonymous
41. “Earn It.” – Anonymous
42. “Keep Grinding.” – Anonymous
43. “Action Taker.” – Anonymous
44. “Loser’s Lose.” – Eric Thomas
45. “Do More.” – Anonymous
Two Word Inspirational Quotes
46. “Trust Yourself.” – Anonymous
47. “You Matter.” – Anonymous
48. “Live Now.” – Anonymous
49. “Just Believe.” – Anonymous
50. “Know Thyself.” – Socrates
52. “Keep Calm.” – Anonymous
53. “Shine On.” – Anonymous
54. “Choose Happiness.” – Anonymous
55. “Be Kind.” – Anonymous
56. “Be Cool.‘ – Anonymous
57. “Stay Curios.” – Anonymous
58. “Live Well.” – Anonymous
59. “Fear Not.‘ – Anonymous
60. “Think Positive.” – Norman Vincent Peale
61. “Have Faith.” – Anonymous
62. “Be Patient.” – Anonymous
63. “Rise Above.” – Anonymous
64. “Prioritize Yourself.” – Anonymous
65. “Be Still.” – Mark 4:39
66. “Well Done.” – Anonymous
67. “Risk Taker.” – Anonymous
68. “Always Believe.” – Anonymous
69. “Be Brilliant.” – Anonymous
70. “Be Brave.” – Anonymous
71. “Be You.” – Anonymous
72. “Love Unconditionally.” – Anonymous
73. “Fight On.” – Anonymous
74. “Baby Steps.” – Anonymous
75. “Amor Fati.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Bonus Two Word Quote
Bonus: Alright, here is our last and final two word quote. It sums up just about everything we’re about here at The STRIVE.
Great job making it to the end of these two-word quotes! We hope you enjoyed both the motivational quotes as well as the inspirational ones. Please don’t hesitate to share the page if you liked it.
That said, if you liked these two word quotes, then you’ll likely enjoy these:
Till you reach your personal mountain top,
100+ MOTIVATIONAL JOCKO WILLINK QUOTES FOR GETTING AFTER IT
Jocko Willink is one of the toughest and most disciplined men alive. He’s a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt and decorated former Navy SEAL who spent over 20 years in U.S. Navy. Since retiring from the Navy, he has co-founded the leadership and management consulting firm, Echelon Front, and has gone on to publish a variety of inspiring books and New York Time’s Best-sellers, Extreme Ownership and Leadership Strategy & Tactics.
Willink is a natural leader, who has real-world battle-tested experience, leadership insights, and an inspiring mental toughness that we could all benefit from. Which is why we’re publishing some of the most inspiring Jocko Willink quotes of all-time. Our hope, is that his quotes will motivate and inspire you harness the discipline and mindset necessary to lead a great life.
So, if you’re ready to get inspired and fired up with these powerful Jocko Willink quotes, let’s get after it:
BEST JOCKO WILLINK QUOTES
1. “Stop researching every aspect of it and reading all about it and debating the pros and cons of it … Start doing it.” – Jocko Willink
2. “Use the stress to make you a better you.” – Jocko Willink
3. “If you get out there and do your best, you will either win, or you will learn.” – Jocko Willink
4. “Instead of letting the situation dictate our decisions, we must dictate the situation.” – Jocko Willink
5. “Weakness is strong. I must be stronger.” – Jocko Willink
6. “The people who are successful decide they are going to be successful. They make that choice. And they make other choices. They decide to study hard. They decide to work hard. They decide to be the first person to get to work and the last to go home. They decide they are going to take on the hard jobs. Take on the challenges. They decide they are going to lead when no one else will.” – Jocko Willink
7. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Jocko Willink
8. “When you’re too embarrassed to ask for help, that’s a little knock at your door saying, ‘you’re insecure’.” – Jocko Willink
9. “Get up and GO. Take the risk, take the gamble, take the first step. Take action. And don’t let another day slip by.” – Jocko Willink
10. “You already know what the right thing to do is… You just gotta do it.” – Jocko Willink
11. “Hesitation is the enemy. It allows the moment to pass, the opportunity to be lost, the enemy to get the upper hand.” – Jocko Willink
12. “Ego clouds and disrupts everything.” – Jocko Willink
13. “Extreme Ownership is a mindset, an attitude.” – Jocko Willink
14. “When personal agendas become more important than the team and the overarching mission’s success, performance suffers and failure ensues.” – Jocko Willink
15. “Fear is normal. Every person feels fear at some point. Step aggressively towards your fear — that is the step into bravery.” – Jocko Willink
“Fear is normal. Every person feels fear at some point. Step aggressively towards your fear — that is the step into bravery.” – Jocko WillinkTweet Quote
16. “Get out there and live and strive to be better, because the life you got it is a gift, so live it!” – Jocko Willink
17. “A good leader, a guy that’s tactically sound, a guy that makes good decisions, and guy that’s good under pressure, a guy that doesn’t ever give up on trying to accomplish the mission, those are the things that make a good seal.” – Jocko Willink
18. “I know that somewhere out there, another man is also preparing. That man is the enemy.” – Jocko Willink
19. “If you can say the word good, guess what? It means you’re still alive, it means you’re still breathing, and if you’re still breathing, well then hell, you still got some fight left in you. So get up, dust off, reload, recalibrate, reengage, and go out on the attack.” – Jocko Willink
20. “There is no growth in the comfort zone.” – Jocko Willink
Motivational Jocko Willink Quotes
This next batch is a collection of the most motivational Jocko Willink quotes. They are as insightful as they are encouraging, so give them a read, get disciplined, and then get after it.
21. “While you continually focus on what everyone else is doing – I’ll focus on what I can do right.” – Jocko Willink
22. “Don’t fight stress. Embrace it. Turn it on itself. Use it to make yourself sharper and more alert. Use it to make you think and learn and get better and smarter and more effective.” – Jocko Willink
23. “Even if you can’t perform at a high level, showing up and doing something is still a thousand times better than not showing up at all.” – Jocko Willink
24. “You have to be vigilant. You have to be on guard. You have to hold the line on the seemingly insignificant little things— things that shouldn’t matter—but that do.” – Jocko Willink
25. “War is hell. But war is also an incredible teacher, a brutal teacher. And it teaches you lessons you will never forget.” – Jocko Willink
“War is hell. But war is also an incredible teacher, a brutal teacher. And it teaches you lessons you will never forget.” – Jocko WillinkTweet Quote
26. “All animals, including humans, need to see the connection between action and consequence in order to learn or react appropriately.” – Jocko Willink
27. “Stop checking social media and stop watching one more Youtube video.” – Jocko Willink
28. “Is this what I want to be? This? Is this all I’ve got—is this everything I can give? Is this going to be my life? Do I accept that?” – Jocko Willink
29. “No more. No more excuses. No more: “I’ll start tomorrow.” No more: “Just this once.” No more accepting the shortfalls of my own will. No more taking the easy road. No more bowing down to whatever unhealthy or unproductive thoughts float through my mind.” – Jocko Willink
30. “Faster. Stronger. Smarter. More humble. Less ego.” – Jocko Willink
31. “When things are going bad: Don’t get all bummed out, don’t get startled, don’t get frustrated. No. Just look at the issue and say: Good.” – Jocko Willink
32. “Another mission. Another task. Another goal. And the enemy is always watching. Waiting. Looking for that moment of weakness. Looking for you to exhale, set your weapon down, and close your eyes, even just for a moment. And that’s when they attack. So don’t be finished.” – Jocko Willink
33. “There is no shortcut. There is no hack. There’s only one way. So get after it.” – Jocko Willink
34. “Go out in a blaze of Glory, fighting with everything you’ve got, every ounce of energy, every bead of sweat, every drop of blood – until your last breath. And then – and only then- can you stand down, put down your sword and your shield, and rest: in peace.” – Jocko Willink
35. “The shortcut is a lie. The hack doesn’t get you there. And if you want to take the easy road, it won’t take you to where you want to be: Stronger. Smarter. Faster. Healthier. Better. FREE.” – Jocko Willink
“The shortcut is a lie. The hack doesn’t get you there. And if you want to take the easy road, it won’t take you to where you want to be: Stronger. Smarter. Faster. Healthier. Better. FREE.” – Jocko WillinkTweet Quote
36. “If you allow the status quo to persist, you can’t expect to improve performance, and you can’t expect to win.” – Jocko Willink
37. “Keep it simple. Train hard. Train often. Lift heavy. Lift fast. Run hard. Eat steak. Pain is good.” – Jocko Willink
38. “Go down swinging. And I’ll tell you: if you fight with all you have, more often than not, you won’t go down at all. You will win.” – Jocko Willink
39. “There is no such thing as a weekend. This is an everyday gig: Every day is Monday.” – Jocko Willink
40. “Don’t let your mind control you. Control your mind.” – Jocko Willink
Jocko Willink Quotes on Discipline
If you came here looking for encouraging quotes related to discipline, then you’ll love these Jocko Willink quotes on discipline. They are blunt, powerful, but full of truth. Read these quotes, embrace them, and heed the within each and you’ll level up your discipline in no time.
41. “There is no easy way. There is only hard work, late nights, early mornings, practice, rehearsal, repetition, study, sweat, blood, toil, frustration, and discipline.” – Jocko Willink
42. “Self-discipline is the root quality that will improve every aspect of your life.” – Jocko Willink
43. “What makes you disciplined person is choosing to be disciplined.” – Jocko Willink
44. “Freedom is what everyone wants – to be able to act and live with freedom. But the only way to get to a place of freedom is through discipline.” – Jocko Willink
45. “The more you practice, the better you get, the more freedom you have to create.” – Jocko Willink
“The more you practice, the better you get, the more freedom you have to create.” – Jocko WillinkTweet Quote
46. “One of the best mental disciplines for people to implement is simply putting together a schedule or a task list and actually executing it.” – Jocko Willink
47. “Be dangerous but disciplined.” – Jocko Willink
48. “Our freedom to operate and maneuver had increased substantially through disciplined procedures. Discipline equals freedom.” – Jocko Willink
49. “Although discipline demands control and asceticism, it actually results in freedom. When you have the discipline to get up early, you are rewarded with more free time.” – Jocko Willink
50. “Discipline is the pathway to freedom.” – Jocko Willink
51. “Don’t count on motivation. Count on discipline.” – Jocko Willink
52. “If you stop looking for a short cut… and find your discipline and your will. Then you will find your freedom.” – Jocko Willink
53. “Discipline is your best friend. It will take care of you like nothing else can.” – Jocko Willink
54. “Discipline is the way.” – Jocko Willink
55. “Motivation is fickle. It comes and goes. It is unreliable and when you are counting on motivation to get your goals accomplished—you will likely fall short.” – Jocko Willink
“Motivation is fickle. It comes and goes. It is unreliable and when you are counting on motivation to get your goals accomplished—you will likely fall short.” – Jocko WillinkTweet Quote
56. “Don’t expect to be motivated every day to get out there and make things happen. You won’t be. Don’t count on motivation. Count on discipline.” – Jocko Willink
57. “Unless you do the work, the world will never see your vision.” – Jocko Willink
58. “How do you become better? There is only one way – The way of discipline.” – Jocko Willink
59. “Where does discipline come from? It’s pretty simple and pretty obvious. Discipline comes from within. It’s an internal force.” – Jocko Willink
60. “Discipline yourself to free yourself.” – Jocko Willink
61. “If you think that you’re not disciplined or that you can’t be disciplined, it’s because you haven’t yet decided to be disciplined. It’s because you haven’t created that discipline yet. So make the decision, make the commitment.” – Jocko Willink
62. “I recommend that you go to be earlier because what are you doing at night most of the time? Most of the time at night you’re not working on anything super productive, you’re just winding down and watching stupid YouTube videos or surfing the internet reading clickbait stories, right? Don’t do that. Instead, go to sleep and then wake up early.” – Jocko Willink
63. “If you don’t have any discipline you’ll end up with absolutely no freedom. You’ll end up being a slaving to other people bossing you around.” – Jocko Willink
64. “Self-discipline comes from the self, it comes from you. It comes from when you make a decision to be disciplined. When you make a decision to be better, when you make a decision to do more and to be more. Self-discipline comes when you decide that you’re going to make a mark on the world.” – Jocko Willink
65. “It isn’t that you wake up one day and decide, that’s it: I’m going to be weak. No. It’s a slow incremental process. It chips at your will – It chips at your discipline.” – Jocko Willink
“It isn’t that you wake up one day and decide, that’s it: I’m going to be weak. No. It’s a slow incremental process. It chips at your will – It chips at your discipline.” – Jocko WillinkTweet Quote
Related: Powerful Discipline Quotes
Jocko Willink Quotes on Leadership
Jocko knows a thing or two about leadership. In fact, he is highly sought after primarily because of his strong leadership skills. So, if you’re looking for some of the best Jock Willink quotes on leadership, you’ll find them here.
66. “Effective leaders lead successful teams that accomplish their mission and win. Ineffective leaders do not.” – Jocko Willink
67. “Leaders must own everything in their world. There is no one else to blame.” – Jocko Willink
68. “We all have a tendency to avoid our weaknesses. When we do that, we never progress or get any better.” – Jocko Willink
69. “Leadership requires finding the equilibrium in the dichotomy of many seemingly contradictory qualities, between one extreme and another.” – Jocko Willink
70. “It’s not what you preach, it’s what you tolerate.” – Jocko Willink
71. “But I learned that good leaders don’t make excuses. Instead, they figure out a way to get it done and win.” – Jocko Willink
72. “If people don’t respond to your leadership, and your reaction is to get more and more aggressive with them, they aren’t likely to come around.” – Jocko Willink
73. “If you get your ego in your way, you will only look to other people and circumstances to blame.” – Jocko Willink
74. “A good leader does not get bogged down in the minutia of a tactical problem at the expense of strategic success.” – Jocko Willink
75. “War teaches you about honor, brotherhood, and humility, and leadership.” – Jocko Willink
“War teaches you about honor, brotherhood, and humility, and leadership.” – Jocko WillinkTweet Quote
76. “A leader must be calm, but not robotic. They must be confident, but never cocky. A leader must be brave, but not foolhardy. They must have a competitive spirit, but be a gracious loser.” – Jocko Willink
77. “The most fundamental and important truths at the heart of Extreme Ownership: there are no bad teams, only bad leaders.” – Jocko Willink
78. “The goal of all leaders should be to work themselves out of a job. This means leaders must be heavily engaged in training and mentoring their junior leaders to prepare them to step up and assume greater responsibilities.” – Jocko Willink
79. “Leadership requires belief in the mission and unyielding perseverance to achieve victory.” – Jocko Willink
80. “A leader must be humble but not passive; quiet but not silent.” – Jocko Willink
81. “You can’t make people listen to you. You can’t make them execute. That might be a temporary solution for a simple task. But to implement real change, to drive people to accomplish something truly complex or difficult or dangerous you can’t make people do those things. You have to lead them.” – Jocko Willink
82. “Good leaders don’t make excuses. Instead, they figure out a way to get it done.” – Jocko Willink
83. “A leader must lead, but also be ready to follow. They must be aggressive, but not overbearing. A leader must be calm, but not robotic. They must be confident, but never cocky. A leader must be brave, but not foolhardy. They must have a competitive spirit, but be a gracious loser.” – Jocko Willink
84. “In chaotic, dynamic, and rapidly changing environments, leaders at all levels must be empowered to make decisions. Decentralized Command is a key component to victory.” – Jocko Willink
85. “When a team takes ownership of its problems, the problem gets solved. It is true on the battlefield, it is true in business, and it is true in life.” – Jocko Willink
“When a team takes ownership of its problems, the problem gets solved. It is true on the battlefield, it is true in business, and it is true in life.” – Jocko WillinkTweet Quote
86. “There can be no leadership when there is no team.” – Jocko Willink
87. “Some of the boldest, most successful plans in history have not come from the senior ranks but from frontline leaders. Senior leaders simply had the courage to accept and run with them.” – Jocko Willink
88. “Leading people is the most challenging and, therefore, the most gratifying undertaking of all human endeavors.” – Jocko Willink
89. “For all the definitions, descriptions, and characterizations of leaders, there are only two that matter: Effective and ineffective. Effective leaders lead successful teams that accomplish their mission and win. Ineffective leaders do not.” – Jocko Willink
90. “The only meaningful measure for a leader is whether the team succeeds or fails.” – Jocko Willink
“The only meaningful measure for a leader is whether the team succeeds or fails.” – Jocko WillinkTweet Quote
Inspiring Jocko Quotes
All of Jocko Willink’s quotes are inspiring, but this next set of quotes are a bit more inspiring than the others. They are full of wisdom and are truly inspiring.
91. “As a human being, the strongest thing you’ve got is your force of will. So take your force of will and make it happen.” – Jocko Willink
92. “The Darkness cannot extinguish your light. Your WILL. Your determination. No matter what is happening—no matter how hard the fight is. As long as you keep fighting—you win.” – Jocko Willink
93. “If you want to be tougher mentally, it is simple; be tougher, don’t meditate on it.”
94. “I think that in order to truly experience the light and the bright, you have to see the darkness. I think if you shield yourself from the darkness, you’ll not appreciate — and full understand — the beauty of life.” – Jocko Willink
95. “Everyday is a major balancing act that I have to figure out and coordinate.” – Jocko Willink
“Everyday is a major balancing act that I have to figure out and coordinate.” – Jocko WillinkTweet Quote
96. “When you want to earn respect, give respect, when you earn influence, give influence, when you want to earn trust, give trust, all those three are related.” – Jocko Willink
97. “Don’t just think. Don’t just talk. Don’t just dream. None of that matters. The only thing that matters is that you actually do. So…Do!” – Jocko Willink
98. “When you think you can’t take any more… Guess what? You can – It’s proven by the stories of ordinary people in war.” – Jocko Willink
99. “Everyone wants some magic pill—some life hack—that eliminates the need to do the work. But that does not exist.” – Jocko Willink
100. “It’s the grind that sharpens the axe.” – Jocko Willink
101. “Every day that you don’t do work, you’re going backwards.” – Jocko Willink
102. “Read and study.” – Jocko Willink
103. “A good leader has nothing to prove, but everything to prove.” – Jocko Willink
104. “Fight weak emotions with the power of logic; fight the weakness of logic with the power of emotion.” – Jocko Willink
105. “Get up. Dust off. Reload.” – Jocko Willink
106. “If you are going to rest, that is the one thing you should procrastinate on.” – Jocko Willink
107. “You have to accept, that all your excuses are lies.” – Jock Willink
108. “A person’s strengths are often their greatest weaknesses, and so that also means, that they weaknesses can be their strengths.” – Jocko Willink
109. “Give trust to build trust.’ – Jock Willink
110. “Be humble, or be humbled.” – Jocko Willink
Related: Powerful Warrior Quotes
There you have it, some of the most powerful words ever uttered by Jocko Willink. We hope you enjoyed them. But more importantly, we hope these Jocko Willink quotes and their underlying wisdom help you strengthen your self-discipline, improve your understanding of good leadership, and inspire you to lead your best life.
With that said, please share this page with anyone you think could benefit from these insightful and inspiring quotes.
Till you reach your aims,
PS – If these Jocko Willink quotes motivated you and inspired you to want to get more disciplined and get after it, then you’ll also enjoy these quotes from the like-minded ex-Navy SEAL, David Goggins.
100+ MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES TO HELP YOU NEVER GIVE UP
Striving to achieve our big goals and dreams doesn’t come easily. Reaching for the stars and aiming for change can be painful. It’s hard work! Which is why so many people give up. Truth is, the people who reach their aims are typically the “lucky one’s” who just never gave up. So, we are publishing this set of Never Give Up Quotes to inspire you to become one of those lucky few.
Unfortunately, not everyone will achieve their dreams. Everyone can, but not everyone will. And the reason not everyone will, is because too many people give up on their dreams when the going gets tough. They run out of steam, they lose their enthusiasm, they become unmotivated.
Need Some Motivation For Not Giving Up?
What many of those who quit too soon don’t realize, is that they do have what it takes. They have what it takes, because there is a second wind that exists in all of us. A reserve of energy and enthusiasm that exists even when we feel like we have nothing left to give. But, the only way to tap this reserve, is by deciding to keep moving forward in the face of adversity. To choose to not give up, to try one more time, and just push through the pain!
Our hope, is that these motivational quotes about not giving up, will give you enough of a spark to get you past your slump. Because it is past that slump where all the magic happens. It is beyond that slump, where your success will be found.
So, internalize these never give up quotes, and use them to unravel that second wind, that holy wind which you have within…
BEST NEVER GIVE UP QUOTES TO PUSH YOU FORWARD
1. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
2. “Remember that guy that gave up? Neither does no one else.” – Anonymous
3. “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
4. “Success is what happens after you have survived all your mistakes.” – Anora Lee
5. “Don’t stop when you’re tired. Stop when you are Done” – Unknown
6. “How long should you try? Until.” – Jim Rohn
7. “97% of the people who quit to soon are employed by the 3% that never gave up.” – Anonymous
8. “There is no failure except in no longer trying.” – Elbert Hubbard
9. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
10. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
11. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
12. “If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.” – H.G. Wells
13. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
14. “Survival can be summed up in three words – Never give up. That’s the heart of it really. Just keep trying.” – Bear Grylls
15. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.” – ConfuciusTweet Quote
16. “If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles.” – Wayne Dyer
17. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
18. “Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.” – Earl Nightingale
19. “He conquers who endures.” – Persius
20. “It’s not whether you get knocked down. It’s whether you get back up.” – Vince Lombardi
21. “Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is true strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
23. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” – Vince Lombardi
24. “Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.” – Unknown
25. “No matter how hard the battle gets or no matter how many people don’t believe in your dream, Never give up!” – Eric Thomas
“No matter how hard the battle gets or no matter how many people don’t believe in your dream, Never give up!” – Eric ThomasTweet Quote
26. “Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.” – Bill Bradley
27. “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” – Albert Einstein
28. “When you are going through hell, keep on going. Never never never give up.” – Winston Churchill
29. “I am not discouraged because every wrong attempt discarded is a step forward” – Thomas Edison
30. “The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.” – Rocky
“The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.” – RockyTweet Quote
HOW CAN YOU ACTUALLY USE THESE NEVER GIVE UP QUOTES?
Quotes allow us to get a better sense of the who a person is. They give us insights into people’s way of thinking, insights into their philosophies, insights in to how they accomplished what they accomplished.
In this case, these handful of never give up quotes will help you persevere, and can help you better align your thinking and your actions so that you can push through your dip, and find more success.
31. “Courage doesn’t always roar, sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day whispering ‘I will try again tomorrow’.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
32. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
33. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
34. “The longer you hang in there, the greater the chance that something will happen in your favor.” – Jack Canfield
35. “Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful.” – Zig Ziglar
“Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful.” – Zig ZiglarTweet Quote
36. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
37. “There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” – Michael Phelps
38. “We will either find a way or make one.” – Hanibal
39. “Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.” – Jacob A. Riis
40. “Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
41. “A failure is not always a mistake. It may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.” – B.F. Skinner
42. “Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
43. “Never give up if it is something that you really want.” – Debbie Millman
44. “Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.” – Jack Ma
45. “I was taught that way of progressing is neither swift nor easy.” – Marie Curie
46. “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
47. “The fight is over ONLY if you stop swinging…..” – Atlas Rowe
48. “Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
49. “The path to success will leave you callused, bruised, and very tired. It will also leave you empowered.” – David Goggins
50. “Don’t give up on your dreams, or your dreams will give up on you.” – John Wooden
51. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
52. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
53. “Winners never quit, and quitters never win.” – Vince Lombardi
More Quotes About Not Giving Up
Great job making it to this point. You’re about halfway through the page. This next section consists of some of the most inspiring quotes about not giving up. So, if you enjoyed the first section, you’ll definitely love this one.
You may also enjoy these related quotes:
54. “Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.” – James A. Michener
55. “Be like the cliff against which the waves continually break; but it stands firm and tames the fury of the water around it.” – Marcus Aurelius
“Be like the cliff against which the waves continually break; but it stands firm and tames the fury of the water around it.” – Marcus AureliusTweet Quote
56. “You just never give up. You do a task to the best of your abilities and beyond.” – Debbie Reynolds
57. “Never give up on the fight until you win the belt.” – Israel Ayivor
58. “When you give up on life, never give up on yourself, because there is so much for you to keep on giving!” – Oprah Winfrey
59. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
60. “I never lose. I either win or learn.” – Nelson Mandela
61. “Never give up. Great things take time. Be patient.” – Never Give Up Quote
62. “One day, you will thank yourself for never giving up. So press on!” – Anonymous
63. “You’re a fighter. Look at everything you’ve overcome. Don’t give up now.” – Olivia Benson
64. “Never let anyone else tell you what is possible.” – Shane Parrish
65. “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
66. “Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.” – William Feather
67. “Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful.” – Zig Ziglar
68. “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
69. “Sometimes life is going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.” – Steve Jobs
70. “The difference between winning and losing is most often not quitting.” – Walt Disney
71. “Out of difficulties grow miracles.” – Jean de la Bruyere
72. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert. H. Schuller
73. “Don’t give up. I believe in you all. A person’s a person. No matter how small.” – Dr. Suess
74. “It takes a dream to get started, desire to keep going, and determination to finish.” – Eddie Harris, Jr.
75. “Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.” – Marilyn Vos Savant
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.” – Marilyn Vos SavantTweet Quote
76. “You should not give up unless you are forced to give up.” – Elon Musk
77. “Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting.” – Anonymous
78. “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” – Helen Keller
79. “A winner is just a loser who tried one more time.” – George M. Moore Jr.
80. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. – Earl Nightingale
“Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. – Earl NightingaleTweet Quote
81. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
82. “When a defining moment comes along, you can do one of two things. Define the moment, or let the moment define you.” – Roy McAvoy
83. “When you have a dream, you’ve got to grab it and never let go.” – Carol Burnett
84. “Part of being a champ is acting like a champ. You have to learn how to win and not run away when you lose.” – Nancy Kerrigan
85. “Remember: Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up.” – Rocky
86. “When the world says, “Give up,” Hope whispers, “Try it one more time.” – Anonymous
87. “Things don’t go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so that you can be all that you were intended to be.” – Charlie Jones
88. “We’re in hell right now, gentlemen, believe me. And, we can stay here — get the sh** kicked out of us — or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell one inch at a time.” – Coach Tony D’Amato, Any Given Sunday
89. “If you fall behind, run faster. Never give up, never surrender, and rise up against the odds.” – Jesse Jackson
90. “Your victory is right around the corner. Never give up.” – Nicki Minaj
91. “In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always
wins – not through strength, but through persistence.” – Buddha
92. “Genius often really is just persistence in disguise.” – Ryan Holiday
93. “Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.” – Anonymous
94. “Never stop just because you feel defeated. The journey to the other side is attainable only after great suffering.” – Santosh Kalwar
95. “Going on one more round, when you don’t think you can, that’s what makes all the difference in your life.” – Sylvester Stallone
“Going on one more round, when you don’t think you can, that’s what makes all the difference in your life.” – Sylvester StalloneTweet Quote
96. “Never give up on something you can’t go a day without thinking about.” – Winston Churchill
97. “Hold fast to your dreams, for without them life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.” —Langston Hughes
98. “The people who stick with things for years and never stop almost always win the race.” – James Clear
99. “If you can’t fly then run. If you can’t run then walk. If you can’t walk then crawl. But whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
100. “You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don’t give up.” – Chuck Yeager
“You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don’t give up.” – Chuck YeagerTweet Quote
101. “Resolve never to quit, never to give up, no matter what the situation.” – Jack Nicklaus
102. “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong
103. “If you quit, your haters win. Don’t give them the satisfaction, choose right here, right now, to never give in.” – Nate Lee Morales
104. “God has a purpose for your pain, a reason for your struggles and a reward for your faithfulness. Don’t give up.” – Eric Thomas
105. “Don’t quit. Never give up trying to build the world you can see, even if others can’t see it. Listen to your drum and your drum only. It’s the one that makes the sweetest sound.” – Simon Sinek
“Don’t quit. Never give up trying to build the world you can see, even if others can’t see it. Listen to your drum and your drum only. It’s the one that makes the sweetest sound.” – Simon SinekTweet Quote
106. “Never give up! Failure and rejection are only the first step to succeeding.” – Jim Valvano
107. “Never give up. No matter what is happening, no matter what is going on around you, never give up.” – Dalai Lama
108. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
109. “It’s okay to want to quit… as long as you don’t” – Andy Frisella
110. “The only guarantee for failure is to stop trying.” – John C. Maxwell
Bonus Quote About Not Giving Up
Bonus: We have one last bonus quote for you to encourage you to not give up. It stems from a man whom we believe is the epitome of persistence, and who’s encouraging story can give anyone the second-wind they need to keep moving forward.
“Sometimes, a winner is a dreamer who just won’t quit.” – Rudy
Never Give Up
Great job getting through these quotes about never giving up! I knew you could get through these quotes, just like you’re gonna get through whatever challenges you’re facing right now.
If you were feeling as if you wanted to give up before reading these inspiring quotes, we hope that they, at the very least, have helped to break your thought pattern of ‘giving up’.
And for whatever reason, if you still feel like you may want to throw in the towel, all I ask, is that you read this first. It may change your mind.
Remember, if you’ve given every ounce of what’s left inside of you, despite feeling as if you have nothing left to give, you’ve already WON!
Till next time,
PS – If you enjoyed these never give up quotes above; then you’ll probably also like these don’t lose hope quotes. And if you are looking for a good quote for strength, then you’ll love these strength quotes.
100+ INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
100+ SELF-RELIANCE QUOTES TO INSPIRE THE DETERMINED AND THE FREE
BARBARA CORCORAN NET WORTH + HOW SHE GOT SO RICH
100+ MOTIVATING MILLIONAIRE QUOTES FROM THE SELF-MADE
100+ INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES ABOUT SUCCESS AND ACHIEVEMENT
100+ INSPIRING QUOTES ABOUT LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST
50+ INSPIRATIONAL HARD WORK PAYS OFF QUOTES
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2023)
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE UNLIMITED SUCCESS
20 BEST BOOKS ON CONFIDENCE TO SKYROCKET YOUR SELF-ESTEEM
TOP 25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS FOR SUCCESS
100+ INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
100+ WORK ETHIC QUOTES TO HELP YOU OUTWORK EVERYONE
100+ INSPIRING QUOTES ABOUT FOLLOWING YOUR DREAMS
Self-Discipline9 months ago
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2023)
Quotes5 months ago
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE UNLIMITED SUCCESS
Confidence8 months ago
20 BEST BOOKS ON CONFIDENCE TO SKYROCKET YOUR SELF-ESTEEM
Mindset5 months ago
TOP 25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS FOR SUCCESS
Motivation10 hours ago
100+ INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
Quotes8 months ago
100+ WORK ETHIC QUOTES TO HELP YOU OUTWORK EVERYONE
Inspiration1 year ago
100+ PURPOSE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
Inspiration4 months ago
100+ INSPIRING QUOTES ABOUT FOLLOWING YOUR DREAMS
Confidence4 months ago
100 INSPIRING COURAGE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FEEL COURAGEOUS
Quotes10 months ago
NO GUTS, NO GLORY QUOTES
Motivation2 weeks ago
100+ MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES TO HELP YOU NEVER GIVE UP
Motivation8 months ago
TOP 100 SUCCESS AND MOTIVATIONAL BLOGS FOR 2023