Morale can seem like a squishy subject – the dreamy realm of feelings and emotions. In a way, that’s true. But those squishy emotions can also have a definite impact, even in the quantitative, data-obsessed world of business. As vague as the concept can feel, morale can have a concrete effect on an organization’s bottom line.
When your staff works at peak morale, it provides you with a boost in productivity. Your workforce will be inspired to give better effort and encouraged to contribute innovative ideas.
Meanwhile, high morale saves you money. It lowers turnover, which, in turn, reduces recruitment and training costs. You can keep your best employees longer, improving continuity. With all these benefits, it’s clear that high morale is a worthy corporate goal. But how do you achieve it?
BEST WAYS TO IMPROVE TEAM MORALE
There’s no single answer. Improving morale is a day-to-day activity, a pursuit consisting of many small gestures and policy tweaks, all of which add up to a better working atmosphere. Here are 11 simple secrets to boosting your team’s morale:
1. Provide Clear Guidance
Workers get frustrated when decisions feel arbitrary. They want to feel like the business is headed in a clear direction. You might think avoiding definite instructions gives your team additional freedom. But, for the most part, your staff will feel more comfortable clear guidelines and transparent goals.
2. Provide Consistency
Part of a staff member’s job is guessing what you want. They are ultimately trying to please you. If your priorities keep changing, they will feel lost. Obviously, business strategies evolve. But, as much as possible, keep your employees in the loop.
Meanwhile, maintain a professional and upbeat mood in the office. If you don’t let stress get to you, you’ll have a better chance of keeping it from impacting your employees.
3. Don’t Play Favorites
Your employees will provide varying levels of accomplishment. It’s only natural that you will trust some more than others, and count on your top performers for more sensitive assignments.
That said, corporate policies have to apply to everyone equally. If you start bending the rules for your stars, you might lose the confidence of your other employees. You just sow the seeds of jealousy and resentment.
4. Stay Positive
The atmosphere around the office makes a big difference in terms of morale. Just coming to work in a pleasant environment does a lot to keep spirits up. You can foster this feeling by giving encouragement and keeping your communications constructive and positive.
5. Provide Incentives
Nothing improves morale like rewards. That’s the engine of the whole capitalist system: people work better when they have incentives. However, you don’t have to offer big cash rewards or life-changing raises. But by setting targets and offering rewards, you can create a productive and energized environment.
6. Celebrate Milestones
Incentives provide personal motivation and help keep individuals happy. The same concept can work on the team level as well. Celebrate when your staff reaches pre-set targets. It encourages a team atmosphere and underlines the progress the company is making.
7. Team Building Exercises
The workplace feels like a more welcoming environment when people feel connected to their coworkers. Team-building activities often inspire jokes about corporate culture. But the exercises persist because the process helps nurture team spirit.
With that in mind, run programs designed to encourage close working relationships. Bringing in a team-building facilitator to coordinate exercises can significantly enhance the togetherness in your office.
8. Schedule Social Activities
Not all team building has to take place in a formal setting. You can also encourage connections by hosting regular social activities. A weekly happy hour can go a long way in forming friendships (Everything in moderation :)) This, in turn, will create a more pleasant atmosphere in the office, leading to an overall improvement in morale.
9. Promote From Within
Your best employees will be ambitious. They want to advance their careers. The best way to channel this feeling is to give it an outlet within your organization.
By promoting from within, you spread the message that good work will be rewarded. You also create a situation where personal relationships can last longer, as your best employees stay with the firm for the long haul.
10. Encourage Feedback
Workers want to feel heard. By allowing them an outlet for their feedback, you make them feel closer to the company and better about their place in the organization. Besides, the improved communication might encourage some good ideas you wouldn’t have heard otherwise.
11. Respect Work/Life Boundaries
In some respects, business success relies on a push for productivity. However, taken too far, this drive can become toxic. If you ask too much out of your employees, you can end up pushing them out the door.
So, be sure you pay attention to their work/life balance and make it a priority to create the type of schedule and office environment that respects both.
Boosting team morale is not a quick fix type of effort. It will require thoughtfulness, patience, and a strong dedication for achieving the desired outcome.
So, take the long view. Allow your workers to build a stable, sustainable work/life balance. Ultimately, the increased morale and tighter team spirit will lead to better efficiency, providing you the productivity boost you want.
Till next time,
PS – If you enjoyed this post on some of the most effective ways to improve team morale, then you’ll likely enjoy these excellent morale boosting quotes.
3 STRANGEST SECRETS OF SUCCESS FOR CREATING THE LIFE YOU WANT
After spending over a decade in search of success, spending hours upon hours studying the secrets of achievement and over-investing in outrageously expensive one-on-one coaching, I eventually stumbled upon a special book that contained the secret to success that I was after. This book, contained within it, true wisdom about what it means to be successful and how anyone could create the life they really want. The book contained some of strangest secrets of success, and it absolutely revolutionized my life.
So, after reading this special little book which went by the name of ‘The Strangest Secret’, nothing was ever the same for me. I enjoyed a new found wisdom and the success that came with it. Hungry for more wisdom and success , I naturally became a devout student of Success and a student of Earl Nightingale, that man who wrote the book.
And out of all of my reading and research of this man and his many secrets, I discovered three strange little secrets. Secrets that have proven to be the most effective and practical for helping me and countless others in creating the life we most desired. And I aim to share these secrets with you today.
So, if you are hungry for life change, go and get your pen and paper ready my friend, and follow the instructions below.
First things first, these secrets may not seem very impressive to you, but I assure you, if you embrace these ideas, follow the instructions, and apply them to your life, your life will change.
THREE OF THE STRANGEST SECRETS FOR SUCCESS
Embrace these success secrets fully…..
1.) The Formula:
Our rewards in life will always be in exact proportion to our contribution, our service. The money you are paid by the company you work for , will always be in direct ratio to; the need for what you do, your ability to do it, and the degree of difficulty involved in replacing you.
2.) The Gold Mine:
Think. Think deliberately and with purpose. Use the gold mine between your two ears. Establish an early morning routine or power hour to just think and plan. Everyday, come up with 5 new ideas, and think 10 years forward. Think about how you can improve your contribution & service. Think of ways of increasing your contribution to reach your designated income goal or desired life style.
3.) The Word:
The word is Attitude. William James once exclaimed that “The greatest discovery of my generation, is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitude of mind.”
To put this into practice begin at once to do the following:
- Start acting as the person you most want to become.
- Remember, before you can do something, you must first be something.
- Never forget, that it is all about cause and effect.
- Be vigilant about what you think about, because we become what we think about.
Take Action on These Strangest Secrets
Now that you’ve been exposed to these three strangest secrets, here is what you should do to make them truly work for you. Grab and index card or blank sheet of paper, and copy these three little secrets onto the card. Underscore and number each principle. Then find some tape, and tape this card to the backside of your medicine cabinet, or on to your bathroom mirror.
All you need to do now, is let the magic work for you by reviewing all three principles daily. Read them when you wake up to brush your teeth and again just before go to bed. Every day when you review these secrets pay particular attention to the second secret, because this is where the gold is.
Reading this daily is only a starting point, but implementing (taking action on) each principle is what creates the miracle.
With that being said, your end product should like the example provided below. Feel free to download this and print it out for yourself :
(Click Image To Download)
And that is that my friends. Follow these steps with faith, consistency, and courage, and your life will change.
If you still need a bit more convincing to put these secrets to work for you, or if you just want to know more about the the principles behind the secrets, watch this video.
Now, before you watch the video, know this. The video was recorded decades ago, so the incomes quoted by Earl Nightingale are far less than the incomes of today due to inflation. So, keep that it mind, account for it, then let his words inspire you to take action on implementing the secrets so you can begin creating the life you’ve always wanted.
Lastly, for those of you who wish to become a true student of success, I highly recommend investing in The Strangest Secret. Make it a part of your library of success, and study it often.
Only good things can come from such an investment my friend.
Note: We’re reader-supported. If you buy through one of the links above, we may earn an affiliate commission.
And never forget, how much success you find in life is up to you. Some people may disagree with this, but then again, those are the people who will likely remain where they are indefinitely, and will always have an excuse for not achieving the life they want.
Success does not accept excuses, and neither should you.
Your destination is your responsibility. And if you’ve read this far, you now have a very powerful set of tools to help you steer your ship into the harbor of success you desire most.
So take action on these success secrets my friend, and begin creating the life you’ve always wanted, today.
Till you reach your aims,
PS – If you enjoyed these post on some of the strangest secrets of success, then you’ll also enjoy this post on Who Is Earl Nightingale, and you may even enjoy these inspiring Earl Nightingale quotes.
70+ INSPIRING KOBE BRYANT QUOTES ABOUT HARD WORK AND SUCCESS
Kobe Bryant was one the greatest basketball players to ever play for the NBA. After winning five NBA championships, making the All-Star team at least 18 times, earning MVP for all of the NBA in 2008, then becoming a two-time NBA Finals MVP, along with many other accolades, Kobe is more than deserving of his place amongst only a rare handful of other legendary players. And considering he has been inducted into the NBA Hall of fame, and is one of the greatest basketball players of all-times, we aim to highlight the true mindset of a champion via these Kobe Bryant quotes about hard work and success.
With that being said, if you’re looking to gain some key insights into the mind of one of the most competitive people to ever play professional sports, then you’ll enjoy these inspiring Kobe Bryant quotes about hard work and success. So, if you’re ready to get fired up, let’s get to it.
70+ LEGENDARY KOBE BRYANT QUOTES ABOUT HARD WORK AND SUCCESS
1. “The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.” – Kobe Bryant
3. “Haters are a good problem to have. Nobody hates the good ones. They hate the great ones.” – Kobe Bryant
“Haters are a good problem to have. Nobody hates the good ones. They hate the great ones.” – Kobe BryantTweet Quote
4. “I don’t want to be the next Michael Jordan. I only want to be Kobe Bryant.” – Kobe Bryant
5. “The moment you give up is the moment you let someone else win.” – Kobe Bryant
6. “We all have self-doubt. You don’t deny it, but you also don’t capitulate to it. You embrace it.” – Kobe Bryant
“We all have self-doubt. You don’t deny it, but you also don’t capitulate to it. You embrace it.” – Kobe BryantTweet Quote
7. “I can’t relate to lazy people. We don’t speak the same language. I don’t understand you. I don’t want to understand you.” – Kobe Bryant
8. “If you do not believe in yourself, no one will do it for you.” – Kobe Bryant
9. “If you’re afraid to fail, then you’re probably going to fail.” – Kobe Bryant
10. “Winning takes precedence over all. There is no gray area. No almosts.” – Kobe Bryant
11. “Determination silences doubters.” – Kobe Bryant
12. “Everything negative – pressure, challenges – is all an opportunity for me to rise.” – Kobe Bryant
13. “I want to be the best. Simple and plain.” – Kobe Bryant
14. “The most important thing is you must put everybody on notice that you’re here and you are for real. I’m not a player that is just going to come and go. I’m not a player that is going to make an all-star team on time, two times. I’m here to be an all-time great… Once I made that commitment and said ‘I want to be one of the greatest ever,’ then the game became everything for me.” – Kobe Bryant
15. “From the beginning, I wanted to be the best. I had a constant craving, a yearning, to improve and be the best.” – Kobe Bryan
16. “It’s all a matter of protecting your dreams and your imaginations.” – Kobe Bryant
17. “It’s the one thing you can control, you are responsible for how people remember you – or don’t. So, don’t take it lightly.” – Kobe Bryant
18. “The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.” – Kobe Bryant
19. “A lot of leaders fail because they don’t have the bravery to touch that nerve or strike that chord.” – Kobe Bryant
20. “A lot of people say they want to be great, but they’re not willing to make the sacrifices necessary to achieve greatness.” – Kobe Bryant
“A lot of people say they want to be great, but they’re not willing to make the sacrifices necessary to achieve greatness.” – Kobe BryantTweet Quote
21. “My parents are my backbone. Still are. They’re the only group that will support you if your score zero or you score 40.” – Kobe Bryant
22. “Losing is losing, there aren’t different degrees of losing. You either win a championship or you’re sh–. It’s very black & white to me.” – Kobe Bryant
23. “This is the moment I accept the most challenging times will always be behind me and in front of me.” – Kobe Bryant
“This is the moment I accept the most challenging times will always be behind me and in front of me.” – Kobe BryantTweet Quote
24. “Pain doesn’t tell you when you ought to stop. Pain is the little voice in your head that tries to hold you back because it knows if you continue you will change.” – Kobe Bryant
25. “You can’t be held captive by the fear of failure or the fear of what people may say.” – Kobe Bryant
26. “We can always kind of be average and do what’s normal. I’m not in this to do what’s normal.” – Kobe Bryant
“We can always kind of be average and do what’s normal. I’m not in this to do what’s normal.” – Kobe BryantTweet Quote
27. “When I step on that court, I become [Black Mamba]. I am that killer snake. I’m stone-cold, man.” – Kobe Bryant
28. “I had a summer where I played basketball when I was 10 or 11 years old. And here I come playing it and I don’t score one point the entire summer. I remember crying about it, being upset about it, and my father was giving me a hug and said, “Listen, whether you score 0 or sixty I am going to love you no matter what.” And that is the most important thing you can say to your child. Because from there I was like okay, that gives me all the confidence in the world to fail. But to hell with that, I am scoring sixty!” – Kobe Bryant
29. “I’ll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it’s sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot.” – Kobe Bryant
30. “These young guys are playing checkers. I’m out there playing chess.” – Kobe Bryant
31. “Leadership is lonely … I’m not going to be afraid of confrontation to get us to where we need to go.” – Kobe Bryant
32. “Once you know what failure feels like, determination chases success.” – Kobe Bryant
33. “May you always remember to enjoy the road, especially when it’s a hard one.” – Kobe Bryant
“May you always remember to enjoy the road, especially when it’s a hard one.” – Kobe BryantTweet Quote
34. “When I am retired, I don’t want to have say I wish I would have done more. I don’t want that.” – Kobe Bryant
35. ” There’s a quote from one of my English teachers at Little Marian named Mr. Fisk. He had a great quote that said, “Rest at the end, not in the middle.” And that’s something I’ll always live by.” – Kobe Bryant
36. “We don’t quit, we don’t cower, we don’t run. We endure and conquer.” – Kobe Bryant
37. “Learn to love the hate. Embrace it. Enjoy it. You earned it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and everyone should have one about you.” – Kobe Bryant
You’re halfway through these hard-hitting Kobe Bryant quotes about hard work, success, and become your best, so keep to it. And if at the end of this page, you’ve been inspired by some of Kobe’s words of wisdom, please considering sharing it with a person who could use Kobe’s moving insights.
Related: Inspiring Quotes on Success
38. “When we are saying this cannot be accomplished, this cannot be done, then we are short-changing ourselves.” – Kobe Bryant
39. “‘Rudy‘ was one of my favorite films growing up. After watching that film I come to understand if I could work that hard everyday, being blessed with the physical tools that I have, what would be career be?” – Kobe Bryant
40. “Friends can come and go, but banners hang forever.” – Kobe Bryant
41. “Boos don’t block dunks.” – Kobe Bryant
42. “You are responsible for how people remember you—or don’t. So don’t take it lightly.” – Kobe Bryant
43. “There’s nothing truly to be afraid of, when you think about it, because I’ve failed before, and I woke up the next morning, and I’m OK.” – Kobe Bryant
“There’s nothing truly to be afraid of, when you think about it, because I’ve failed before, and I woke up the next morning, and I’m OK.” – Kobe BryantTweet Quote
44. “My brain… it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I sit there and have to face myself and tell myself, ‘You’re a failure’… I think that’s almost worse than death.” – Kobe Bryant
45. “There’s a choice that we have to make as people, as individuals. If you want to be great at something, there’s a choice you have to make. We all can be masters at our craft, but you have to make a choice. What I mean by that is, there are inherent sacrifices that come along with that. Family time, hanging out with friends, being a great friend, being a great son, nephew, whatever the case may be. There are sacrifices that come along with making that decision.” – Kobe Bryant
46. “Leave everything on the court. Leave the game better than you found it. And when it comes time for you to leave, leave a legend.” – Kobe Bryant
“Leave everything on the court. Leave the game better than you found it. And when it comes time for you to leave, leave a legend.” – Kobe BryantTweet Quote
47. “The beauty in being blessed with talent is rising above doubters to create a beautiful moment.” – Kobe Bryant
48. “I create my own path. It was straight and narrow. I looked at it this way – you were either in my way, or out of it.” – Kobe Bryant
49. “You asked for my hustle – I gave you my heart.” – Kobe Bryant
50. “Passion is the fuel for success.” – Kobe Bryant
51. “Either way, I refuse to change what I am. A lion has to eat. Run with me or run from me.” – Kobe Bryant
52. “No matter how difficult the challenge is, always stay positive and believe in yourself.” – Kobe Bryant
53. “The only thing I can control is how hard I work every single day.” – Kobe Bryant
54. “After all, greatness is not for everybody.” – Kobe Bryant
55. “We psych ourselves up too much. Like if you try to talk yourself into, ‘Oh, this is a big moment, this is a big shot,’ you’re putting a lot of pressure on yourself. You shot that shot hundreds and thousands of times. Just shoot another one.” – Kobe Bryant
56. “I don’t want chumps, I don’t want pushovers, and if you’re a chump and a pushover, I will run over you.” – Kobe Bryant
“I don’t want chumps, I don’t want pushovers, and if you’re a chump and a pushover, I will run over you.” – Kobe BryantTweet Quote
57. “There’s been a lot of talk of me being a one-man show but that’s simply not the case. We win games when I score 40 points and we’ve won when I score 10.” – Kobe Bryant
58. “I’m reflective only in the sense that I learn to move forward. I reflect with a purpose.” – Kobe Bryant
59. “Be sad. Be mad. Be frustrated. Scream. Cry. Sulk. When you wake up you will think it was just a nightmare only to realize it’s all too real. You will be angry and wish for the day back, the game back, that play back. But reality gives nothing back and nor should you.”
60. “Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.” – Kobe Bryant
61. “Have a good time. Life is too short to get bogged down and be discouraged. You have to keep moving. You have to keep going. Put one foot in front of the other, smile and just keep on rolling.” – Kobe Bryant
62. “I never needed any external forces to motivate me.” – Kobe Bryant
63. “I realized that intimidation didn’t really exist if you’re in the right frame of mind.” – Kobe Bryant
“I realized that intimidation didn’t really exist if you’re in the right frame of mind.” – Kobe BryantTweet Quote
64. “When you make a choice and say, ‘Come hell or high water, I am going to be this,’ then you should not be surprised when you are that. It should not be something that is intoxicating or out of character because you have seen this moment for so long that when that moment comes, of course it is here because it has been here the whole time, because it has been in your mind the whole time.” – Kobe Bryant
65. “I saw you come in and I wanted you to know that it doesn’t matter how hard you work, that I’m willing to work harder than you.” – Kobe Bryant
66. “Be willing to sacrifice anything, but compromise nothing in your quest to be your best.” – Kobe Bryant
“Be willing to sacrifice anything, but compromise nothing in your quest to be your best.” – Kobe BryantTweet Quote
67. “The biggest dreams aren’t fueled by belief, they’re fueled by doubt.” – Kobe Bryant
68. “If you want to be great in a particular area, you have to obsess over it.” – Kobe Bryant
69. “To think of me as a person that’s overachieved, that would be a lot to me. That means I put a lot of work in and squeezed every ounce of juice out of this orange that I could.” – Kobe Bryant
70. “You always want to outwork your potential. As hard as you believe you can work, you can work harder than that.” – Kobe Bryant
“You always want to outwork your potential. As hard as you believe you can work, you can work harder than that.” – Kobe BryantTweet Quote
71. “As the leader of a team, it’s also your responsibility to elevate the rest of the guys.” – Kobe Bryant
72. “I play games with the flu, I play games with 102 degree fever man. You gotta be on man.” – Kobe Bryant
73. “I never tried to prove anything to someone else. I wanted to prove something to myself.” – Kobe Bryant
“I never tried to prove anything to someone else. I wanted to prove something to myself.” – Kobe BryantTweet Quote
74. “I love that kids are building confidence on and off the court and unlocking their potential through sport.” – Kobe Bryant
75. “Basketball for me was the most important thing. So everything I saw, whether it was TV shows, whether it was books I read, people I talked to, everything was done to try to learn how to become a better basketball player. Everything. Everything. And so when you have that point of view, then literally the world becomes your library to help you become better at your craft.” – Kobe Bryant
76. “If you live your life to just get better every single day, and you do that for 20 years what do you have?” – Kobe Bryant
“If you live your life to just get better every single day, and you do that for 20 years what do you have?” – Kobe BryantTweet Quote
77. “I think the best way to prove your value is to work, is to learn, is to absorb, to be a sponge.” – Kobe Bryant
Related: The Kobe Bryant Success Story
Bonus Kobe Bryant Quote
Bonus: Alright, you’ve made to the very end of our Kobe Bryant quotes about hard work and success. This last quote is a bonus, because it most aligns with our philosophy and beliefs here at The Strive. So, we hope you’ll take it to heart. Enjoy.
There you have it, some of the most legendary Kobe Bryant success quotes on success and hard work to help you reach your potential. Our hope is that these quotes will inspire you to obtain the focus, commitment, and work ethic to make your dreams come true.
Till next time,
100+ MOTIVATIONAL STEVE HARVEY QUOTES ABOUT SUCCESS AND LIFE
If you’re looking for some inspiring Steve Harvey quotes, then you’ve come to the right place. We’re publishing these quotes, because Steve Harvey, was not always the accomplished American television presenter, comedian, actor, author, and game show host that he is today.
Nope, in fact, Harvey was once a struggling, striving, and starving artist. But, he persisted, ignored his naysayers, and pursued his dream against the odds for nearly 12 years till he got his break. In short, Steve Harvey knows what it takes to succeed. As such, we intend to convey some of his success related wisdom via these quotes.
Our hope is that they’ll instruct and inspire you to persist in the direction of your dreams just a little longer than you think you can, because you never know when your big break will come. That said, if you’re ready for some inspiring and highly motivating Steve Harvey quotes, then let’s dive right in:
BEST STEVE HARVEY QUOTES ABOUT LIFE AND SUCCESS
1. “I aim for stuff so big, that the dream is bigger than the fear.” – Steve Harvey
2. “If you want to be successful, you have to jump, there’s no way around it. When you jump, I can assure you that your parachute will not open right away. But if you do not jump, your parachute will never open. If you’re safe, you’ll never soar!” – Steve Harvey
3. “Your reality is yours. Stop wasting time looking at someone else’s reality while doing nothing about yours.” – Steve Harvey
“Your reality is yours. Stop wasting time looking at someone else’s reality while doing nothing about yours.” – Steve HarveyTweet Quote
4. “If you are going through hell, keep going. Why would you stop in hell?” – Steve Harvey
5. “Your mission, your purpose and your destiny will all be tied to one thing, your gift.” – Steve Harvey
6. “Everybody by your side ain’t on your side.” – Steve Harvey
7. “The dream is free. The hustle is sold separately.” – Steve Harvey
8. “It is a promise of God that when you do the right thing, an even better thing will happen… If you take one step, He’ll take two. When you are bold enough to stop off in faith, to jump, that is when you’ll soar.” – Steve Harvey
9. “God lets you be successful because he trusts you that you will do the right thing with it. Now, does he get disappointed often? All the time, because people get there and they forget how they got it.” – Steve Harvey
10. “You want to kill a big dream, tell it to a small minded person.” – Steve Harvey
11. “A lot of times God will present you with a blessing and a plan, but if you don’t act on it, it’ll go away.” – Steve Harvey
12. “If you are waking up with a sensation that there has got to be more in life… then there is.” – Steve Harvey
13. “Success is not a comfortable procedure. It is a very uncomfortable thing to attempt. So you gotta get comfortable being uncomfortable if you ever want to be successful.” – Steve Harvey
“Success is not a comfortable procedure. It is a very uncomfortable thing to attempt. So you gotta get comfortable being uncomfortable if you ever want to be successful.” – Steve HarveyTweet Quote
14. “If you can see it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand.” – Steve Harvey
15. “I’m just a living witness that you can be an imperfect soldier and still be in the army fighting for God Almighty. Don’t you think you got to be perfect, cause I ain’t.” – Steve Harvey
16 “You cannot leave what’s important to you, up to someone else.” – Steve Harvey
17. “Don’t ever be afraid to put yourself in a lesser position so that you can learn something from someone who knows more.” – Steve Harvey
18. “You are working so hard not to fail. You have to start working hard to succeed.” – Steve Harvey
19. “You can stop thinking that life fittin to be easy, because I got news for you, IT AIN’T” – Steve Harvey
20. “Your setback is just a setup for your comeback.” – Steve Harvey
21. “Failure means you’ve now learned another valuable lesson that pushes you one step closer to success.” – Steve Harvey
22. “When you make mistakes and you recover from them and you treat them as valuable learning experiences, then you’ve got something to share.” – Steve Harvey
23. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do about it.” – Steve Harvey
24. “Failure is a wonderful teacher.” – Steve Harvey
25. “I told the same $25 a night jokes over and over until they paid me $250, then $25,000, $75,000, $125,000, $500,000… $58,000 with the Kings of Comedy in one night! Repetition is how I became successful. I told those same jokes until I built an empire and a lifestyle beyond my wildest dreams! Never give up!” – Steve Harvey
26. “The more people you help become successful the more successful you’ll become.” – Steve Harvey
“The more people you help become successful the more successful you’ll become.” – Steve HarveyTweet Quote
27. “When you sit by and just let your life perish without a vision, it is the most painful kind of death.” – Steve Harvey
28. “Learn how to fill you day with positivity. Think of how your ideas can work, not how it won’t work.” – Steve Harvey
29. “Avoid people who are always having a bad day. In their minds, nothing ever works in their favor. They have a chronic ‘woe is me’ campaign that they continue to launch full blast. This kind of negativity depletes enthusiasm. You don’t need the ‘woe is me’ speech every day.” – Steve Harvey
30. “Growth is a series of mistakes.” – Steve Harvey
31. “But remember what drives a man; real men to what they have to do to make sure their people are taken care of, clothed, housed, and reasonably satisfied, and if they’re doing anything less than than, they’re not men.” – Steve Harvey
32. “When you’re happy at home, you can make a lot of things happen.”
33. “Successful people appreciate where they have come from, but they don’t let their past set the tone for their future. Successful people are innovators.” – Steve Harvey
“Successful people appreciate where they have come from, but they don’t let their past set the tone for their future. Successful people are innovators.” – Steve HarveyTweet Quote
34. “What would you do if you weren’t afraid?” – Steve Harvey
35. “If you do what you’ve always done, your life will not get better.” – Steve Harvey
36. “The most successful people in this world recognize that taking chances to get what they want is much more productive than sitting around being too scared to take a shot.” – Steve Harvey
“The most successful people in this world recognize that taking chances to get what they want is much more productive than sitting around being too scared to take a shot.” – Steve HarveyTweet Quote
37. “God doesn’t make any mistakes. You are exactly where you are supposed to be right now.” – Steve Harvey
38. “Quit waking up thinking you ain’t got no say so in your life. You have a choice in this matter.” – Steve Harvey
39. “A person has to remember that the road to success is always under construction. You have to get that through your head. That it is not easy becoming successful.” – Steve Harvey
40. “The single most important part of your life is your dream.” – Steve Harvey
41. “You can’t fix what’s wrong inside your house outside your house.” – Steve Harvey
42. “Your job is not your gift. Your gift is something that is connected to you whether you are working or on vacation, with your family or even alone.” – Steve Harvey
43. “Procrastination will delay your change! Today is a very good day to change; don’t let you stop yourself from growing.” – Steve Harvey
“Procrastination will delay your change! Today is a very good day to change; don’t let you stop yourself from growing.” – Steve HarveyTweet Quote
44. “I’d rather be happy by myself than miserable with someone else.” – Steve Harvey
45. “You have to take chances in life. Life is about risk.” – Steve Harvey
46. “Boys shack. MEN build homes.” – Steve Harvey
47. “Do not ignore your gift. Your gift is the thing you do the absolute best with the least amount of effort.” – Steve Harvey
48. “People don’t like to hear the truth out here because the truth makes them think.” – Steve Harvey
49. “The number one cause of failure in this country is fear of failure.” – Steve Harvey
50. “Sometimes out of your biggest misery, comes your greatest gain.” – Steve Harvey
Alright, you’ve made it to the halfway point! Great job! We hope these motivational Steve Harvey quotes about life and success have been inspiring you thus far. But don’t stop now, there’s plenty more to go.
With being said, keep to it, because you never know when you’ll come across that one gem of a quote that changes everything for you.
Related: Motivational Success Stories
51. “Be willing to jump even when you don’t know where you’ll land… Only then will you ever be able to soar.” – Steve Harvey
52. “Gratitude erases negativity.” – Steve Harvey
53. “Catch fire today! Make today the day you stop complaining and do something.” – Steve Harvey
“Catch fire today! Make today the day you stop complaining and do something.” – Steve HarveyTweet Quote
54. “So many people are missing their way in life because they are afraid to sign the lease on their gift.” – Steve Harvey
55. “I don’t think it’s cool for people to say, ‘You shouldn’t reference God because I don’t believe that, and I don’t want to hear it.’ Well, there’s a lot of stuff I don’t believe that I still gotta hear.” – Steve Harvey
56. “You’ve got to be in a bad relationship to really understand what a great one is.” – Steve Harvey
“You’ve got to be in a bad relationship to really understand what a great one is.” – Steve HarveyTweet Quote
57. “Your career is what you’re paid for. Your calling is what you’re made for.” – Steve Harvey
58. “I am from the hood; I never had nothing. Now that I have something, I must give back.” – Steve Harvey
59. “4 P’s to success: pressure, persistence, perseverance & prayer.” – Steve Harvey
60. “You have the potential for greatness.” – Steve Harvey
61. “Prayer changes things.” – Steve Harvey
62. “God’s plan for you is greater than any plan you can think of.” – Steve Harvey
63. “When you’re up in life, your friends get to know who you are. When you’re down in life, you get to know who your friend are.” – Steve Harvey
“When you’re up in life, your friends get to know who you are. When you’re down in life, you get to know who your friend are.” – Steve HarveyTweet Quote
64. “Find that one glimmer of light in the darkness.” – Steve Harvey
65. “Don’t let your mind stop you.” – Steve Harvey
66. “Do not ignore the passion that burns in you. Spend time to discover your gift.” – Steve Harvey
“Do not ignore the passion that burns in you. Spend time to discover your gift.” – Steve HarveyTweet Quote
67. “My father instilled in me to take care of my family. Show up even when you don’t want to show up.” – Steve Harvey
68. “Excuses are the lies you convince yourself are true to avoid proving you are worthy of the gift you were given. Say this with me, no more excuses.” – Steve Harvey
69. “You can’t go forward and backwards at the same time.” – Steve Harvey
70. “You’ve got to get tunnel vision to reach your goal.” – Steve Harvey
71. “What I learned from that moment is that when you face your fears, they aren’t as big as you thought they were. What makes them big is when you don’t turn around to face them head-on. The longer you avoid your fears, the bigger they grow in your mind.” – Steve Harvey
72. “Some of us have been playing the same self-defeating records over and over again in our heads for so long that we don’t know how to think any differently about ourselves.” – Steve Harvey
73. “Success is not just about your ability to achieve, but also your ability to serve through sharing. True success lives in our legacies.” – Steve Harvey
“Success is not just about your ability to achieve, but also your ability to serve through sharing. True success lives in our legacies.” – Steve HarveyTweet Quote
74. “Some parts of your vision are meant to be shared, in confidence, only with a trusted mentor, friend, or family member. And some aspects of your vision honestly don’t need to go beyond your prayer time with God.” – Steve Harvey
75. “Life is going to get bad sometimes. You’ll make poor choices. You’ll fail. You’ll lose hope and maybe want to give up. If you jump and trust that He will be there to help you soar, there is nothing you cannot achieve.” – Steve Harvey
76. “There’s no such thing as luck. These are blessings. God endows them upon you. He makes you a blessing to become a blessing.” – Steve Harvey
“There’s no such thing as luck. These are blessings. God endows them upon you. He makes you a blessing to become a blessing.” – Steve HarveyTweet Quote
77. “You don’t need closure. You just need to give yourself permission to move on.” – Steve Harvey
78. “Stop giving your gift to those who want to use you for the development of their legacy, at the cost of yours.” – Steve Harvey
79. “Your gift is something that you can do innately better than anything else.” – Steve Harvey
80. “Expand yourself. Take yourself out of your comfort zone. Do not live in your bubble, put some more air in your bubble. If you stay in your comfort zone, that is where you will fail.” – Steve Harvey
“Expand yourself. Take yourself out of your comfort zone. Do not live in your bubble, put some more air in your bubble. If you stay in your comfort zone, that is where you will fail.” – Steve HarveyTweet Quote
81. “Life is risk. It takes courage to pursue your dreams. Now it’s gonna cost you something, but most people are not willing to pay what it costs to go after your dream, cause you gonna have to hurt a little bit. And most people don’t like being uncomfortable. And if you don’t want to be uncomfortable, please don’t pursue success, because success is a very uncomfortable feeling.” – Steve Harvey
82. “That’s a false hope to think you’re going to have a wonderful carefree life. That’s unthinkable.” – Steve Harvey
83. “Your real life is in your imagination.” – Steve Harvey
84. “If you keep doing what you been doing, you’ll keep getting, what you been getting.” – Steve Harvey
85. “Look I’d love to sugar coat this thing for you, I’d love to tell you look you can go out here and get rich, do a couple of things, but that ain’t happening. You got to get real doggish. You got to get down right funky if you wanna make it.” – Steve Harvey
86. “No matter what is going on in your life, it’s not permanent. Everything is going to change. So there is two things that you can do with change. You can react to it, or you can participate in it.” – Steve Harvey
“No matter what is going on in your life, it’s not permanent. Everything is going to change. So there is two things that you can do with change. You can react to it, or you can participate in it.” – Steve HarveyTweet Quote
87. “If you pray about it don’t worry about it. If you’re going to worry about it don’t pray about it.” – Steve Harvey
88. “You know what my daddy use to tell me all the time? He said “son, the best thing you can do for poor people, is to not be one of them….because you can’t help the cause”.”
89. “Getting successful, whatever you considering successful, if it’s rich or whatever, its not a magic trick. Its not God picks certain people here to make rich, and certain people he don’t. He gives all of us as his children the power of choice. You have a say so in that. You can decide to be rich, and with God’s help, its highly doable.” – Steve Harvey
90. “Change your attitude, you change your altitude.” – Steve Harvey
91. “You have got to change the way you think. It is the whole determining factor of where you go in life.” – Steve Harvey
92. “We are all where we are today because we thought our self to this position. If you don’t like the position, think yourself out of it.” – Steve Harvey
93. “You bible says, this your bible, says…. “Your gift will make room for you”. Your gift, not your education. You can go get an education, that’s nice. But if you don’t use your gift, that education is only gonna take you so far.” – Steve Harvey
“You bible says, this your bible, says…. “Your gift will make room for you”. Your gift, not your education. You can go get an education, that’s nice. But if you don’t use your gift, that education is only gonna take you so far.” – Steve HarveyTweet Quote
94. “Imagination is everything, it’s a preview to life’s coming attractions. Everything you ever imagined is real.” – Steve Harvey
95. “Being successful was so hard, but I realized that not being successful was hard too.” – Steve Harvey
96. “You can be successful without an education, you can be successful without coming from a rich family, you can be successful I don’t care what color you are, what faith you belong to, your sexual preference, I don’t care what’s wrong with you… YOU CAN BE SUCCESSFUL.” – Steve Harvey
“You can be successful without an education, you can be successful without coming from a rich family, you can be successful I don’t care what color you are, what faith you belong to, your sexual preference, I don’t care what’s wrong with you… YOU CAN BE SUCCESSFUL.” – Steve HarveyTweet Quote
97. “If you play it safe in life, you ain’t gonna have much of a life.” – Steve Harvey
98. “I had, like, 11 jobs. I’ve been fired 11 times! ‘Cause I’m not cut for that. You know, I was a great employee, man. Everybody loved me coming to work – I’m singing, tellin’ jokes on the assembly line. I was miserable, man. I was dying. I was dying.” – Steve Harvey
99. “God has already lined up all the people in your path to get you to your dreams and your visions; all you have to do is get rid of the wrong ones.” – Steve Harvey
100. “You are never too old to reinvent yourself.” – Steve Harvey
Bonus Steve Harvey Quote
Bonus: You’ve made it to our bonus quote. This Steve Harvey quote is one of our favorites, as we believe there is much wisdom in it. Enough wisdom to help you create the life you want and find the success you seek. Enjoy:
Related: Steve Harvey Success Story
There you have it, the best of the best Steve Harvey quotes on success and life. Now it’s up to you to apply the wisdom Steve Harvey has put forth in you life. We have a hunch they’ll do wonders for helping you find the motivation you’ll need to achieve the success you seek.
With that being said, if you enjoyed this page, please share with someone who you think might benefit from Steve Harvey’s extraordinary life advice.
Till you reach your aims,
HOW A WARRIOR MINDSET CAN HELP YOU ACHIEVE MORE SUCCESS
Every person alive is a warrior, whether they know it or not. For each person goes to battle in their own personal way every single day. The only difference between each person, or better said, each warrior, is how great of a warrior they are. The better warrior they are, the more success they typically find in their life. What creates this difference in how strong and effective each warrior is? It is nothing more nor less than the strength of their warrior mindset.
We all struggle daily with internal conflicts, personal life challenges, office politics, real politics, staying in business, and achieving our goals and dreams. These battles are going on everywhere, for everyone, pretty much all of the time. Which is why we felt the need to publish this resource with regards to the warrior mindset and success. Our aim is to help you gain a better insight into what a warrior mindset is and why it’s beneficial for everyone to have.
But most importantly, we aim to show you how a warrior mindset can help you achieve more success in life, work, and in business. So, if you’re ready to learn more about the warrior mindset, and why everyone should embrace it, let’s dive right in:
THE WARRIOR MINDSET AND SUCCESS
What Is Not a Warrior Mindset
First things first, we have to get clear on what a warrior mindset is NOT. Too many people associate the warrior mentality with negative or toxic traits. There’s even been a few misguided academics who aim to paint the warrior mindset as something it is not.
A Warrior Is Not a Bully
It’s important that we get clear on what a warrior is not. Being a warrior and having a warrior mindset does not mean to be a bully. A great warrior is never the aggressor, yes they can be aggressive, but the warrior with the ideal warrior mindset never initiates chaos or harm for the sake of chaos and harm.
A person with a true warrior mindset detests the dishonorable act of bullying in all forms. In fact, true warriors are the exact opposite of what a bully is.
A Warrior Is Not Corruptible
The warrior mindset embraces honor, strength, and integrity. As such, a person who fully embraces a warrior mindset stands firmly against corruption and those who are corruptible.
Sure, a warrior can be corrupted, but the ideal warrior mindset always shuns corruption in all forms. But here’s a simple way to look at it, the more corrupt a person is, the less aligned they are with the way of the warrior.
A Warrior Is Not Cowardly
A warrior is never cowardly. They may be afraid at times, but they never let their fear defeat their purpose. Thus, the stronger a person’s warrior mindset is, the more they’ll oppose cowardice in all its forms.
A Warrior Is Not Selfish
Many people believe warriors to be full of pride and selfish vanity. But a warrior mindset is more focused on what they can do for others, versus what they can get for themselves.
The enlightened warrior is never selfish.
A Warrior Is Not Frivolous
Warriors don’t engage in frivolousness. True warriors don’t pursue purposelessness. They don’t partake in activities that are wasteful, trivial, or of little to no value to their mission.
Frivolousness leads to loss, waste, inefficiency, and ultimately defeat.
A Warrior Mindset Is Not a Negative Mindset
Warriors are not negative and defeatist. Warriors who embrace such an attitude are weak warriors. The more negative a warrior is, the less effective they are. And the less effective the warrior is, the less capable they are at winning the battle that’s at hand.
So, a negative mindset is not a warrior mindset. A negative mindset loses 99% of the time against a positive mindset, and a warrior’s will is not to lose. A warrior’s will is to win.
What Is A Warrior Mindset
Since we covered what a warrior mindset isn’t, it’s only appropriate that we double down to clarify exactly what a warrior mindset is. So, below are a few key characteristics.
A Warrior Mindset is a Guardian Mindset
A warrior mindset is a guardian mindset. The true essence of a warrior is to battle to protect and guard, and if that means actually going to battle, then so be it.
Warriors are guardians for peace, prosperity, fairness, they are guardians for what’s good and virtuous. Anybody can fight, but a fighter is not a warrior. A true warrior protects and guards that which is vitally important. Thus a true warrior is a defender, a guardian, a protector.
A Warrior Is Honorable
Honor is paramount to a warrior. Honor is something that everyone with a warrior mindset strives to obtain. And those who embrace the true warrior spirit, know that honor is something that can never be given, only earned.
So, a warrior mindset is a mindset focused on earning respect and high esteem, and giving it to others only when and where it is due.
A Warrior is Courageous
The great Prussian general and military theorist Karl Von Clausewitz once stated, “Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior.”
Indeed, courage is practically synonymous with being a warrior. A warrior without courage is not much of a warrior at all. Which is why the warrior mindset embraces being courageous and fearless in the face of a daunting foe, task, or objective.
A Warrior Is Selfless
Selflessness is a key component of the warrior mindset. A person who fully embraces the mindset of a warrior puts others well being in front of theirs. Of course not all of the time, but they do it when it matters.
As such, greediness, over-the-top avarice, and seeking gain at the expense of and to the detriment of others is not the way of the warrior.
A Warrior Is Purposeful
An individual with a proper warrior mentality is not wasteful. They don’t waste time, they don’t waste effort, and they certainly don’t waste energy on purposelessness.
The warrior mentality maintains a laser-like focus on their mission, and everything he does is done with purpose. Frivolity, triviality, and foolishness is loathed by the warrior.
Why? Because they know that their adversaries never rest, and are out there training, improving, and getting better for the main purpose of delivering a crushing blow. It’s why the Spartans had it right when they said, “He who sweats more in training bleeds less in war.”
Related: Spartan Quotes
A Warrior Mindset Is a Patient Mindset
The warrior mindset embraces patience. Certainly some warriors are impatient and even foolhardy in their eagerness. But, the more a person embraces the ideal warrior mentality, the more they understand the value of patience.
Patience is protection, patience is wise, and patience usually wins. And winning is what warriors do.
A Warrior Mindset Is a Positive Mindset
Let’s imagine you have two armies (teams, groups, etc..), both equally trained in skill. But one maintains a negative view of themselves, they doubt their purpose and their capabilities. While the other army or group maintains a positive view of themselves, their purpose, and the outcome of their efforts.
There’s no question which army will win. Which is why the true warrior embraces positivity and a healthy optimism based on reality and hope. A positive mindset is a mentally tough mindset, and a mentally tough mindset almost always wins.
How Adopting a Warrior Mindset Will Help You
Having touched on what a warrior mindset is and isn’t, leads us to the next question. How can adopting a warrior mindset help you? Here’s how:
A strong warrior mindset creates a strong warrior, and a strong warrior is better equipped to take on the travails and challenges of life. The stronger the mindset, the easier the struggle.
Remember, a warrior mindset values Defense, Honor, Selflessness, Courage, Purposefulness, Patience, and Positivity.
By embracing the role of a guardian and protector, by being selfless, courageous and purposeful, you’ll shine as a leader in both your personal life and professional life.
Why? Because these are all qualities found in good leaders.
In addition to this, striving to be patient and positive in all that you do, will also set you up for overcoming the ups and downs of life. Your patience will keep you from making unnecessary mistakes, it will also help you persist longer than your opponents. You’ll become resilient, and resilient people succeed.
As for your positivity, it will give you an edge in all that you do; as a positive mind is better equipped to manage setbacks, deal with defeat, and rally while others would rather retreat.
On the other hand, a weak warrior mindset leads to trouble. The weaker the mindset, the less equipped you’ll be to persevere when perseverance is called for. Thus, the more absent the warrior mentally, be it in a person or in an environment, the more vulnerable and unprepared they’ll be.
How to Strengthen Your Warrior Mindset
Having read to this point, you’ve already achieved the very first step in strengthening your warrior mindset. You now know the what and the why when it comes to a warrior mindset, and well, knowing is half the battle.
That said, here are a few other key steps you can take to fortify your own personal warrior mentality.
Take Control of Your Mind
Aim to own your mind, and choose to make it a positive one. Remember the acronym GIGO? Garbage In, Garbage Out. As such, aim to protect your mind and how you think. Read, watch, and listen to content that makes you feel good and think good thoughts. Because the more you focus on the good, the more positivity and good will come out of you.
So take control of your mind by forcing yourself to consume positive content, and as a result your thinking. If you don’t take control of your mind and be very discerning about what content you put into it, whoever is steering the content that you casually allow into your mind, will take control of you.
Related: Warrior Quotes
Practice Daily Acts of Courage
As was mentioned early, courage is the first and highest quality of a warrior. As such, if you feel like you are lacking in the courage department, start small. You can slowly gain more confidence and courage by practicing small, seemingly insignificant acts of courage daily.
You don’t have to go all in to become courageous. All you have to do is take things one day at a time. Like the famous thought leader and inspirational speaker Simon Sinek once said, “Dream big, start small, but most off all start.”
Warriors are not foolish and are the opposite of fools. Warriors think things through deliberately, and avoid rash decisions. They are thoughtful and strive to think three steps ahead. And they understand and embrace cause and effect.
As such, you can strengthen your warrior mindset by shunning foolishness, practicing prudence, being strategic in your thinking and in your efforts. In short, seek the wise road in all things.
Another great way to strengthen your warrior mindset is to aim for purpose. Discover the why behind what you are doing, and then stick to that purpose till you’ve accomplished your goals.
In addition to this, you can also stay purposeful by striving to avoid efforts and activities that don’t bring you closer to your aims. Another way to think about this is, if what you are doing doesn’t bring you closer to your goals, don’t spend too much time on it.
Staying on purpose keeps you on track, and staying on track is how you win.
Think Big Stay Patient
Lastly, you can strengthen your mindset daily by striving to think big, but being wise enough to remain patient in your endeavors.
Too many people dream up big dreams, but ultimately have unrealistic expectations for the timeframe it will actually take to accomplish their goals. As such, it’s important to adopt a Sun Tzu like attitude in all your efforts and in all your battles.
Think big, hope for the highest, but practice being as patient as a monk.
You now know what a warrior mindset is, and how it can help you achieve more success. So, the rest is up to you. We provided the knowledge, but the warrior is always responsible for the execution.
That said, we hope you enjoyed this post. If you found value in it, please considering sharing it with someone who you think may enjoy it. One last thing, if you’re really looking to take a deep dive into the warrior mentality and what makes up the warrior ethos, then you’ll love this powerful book by Steven Pressfield:
Note: We’re reader-supported. If you buy through the linked image above, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Till you reach your aims,
PS – If you enjoyed this warrior mindset write up, then you’ll probably enjoy reading about these two ex-Navy Seal’s, as they exemplify what it means to embrace the mindset of a warrior: David Goggins, and Jocko Willink. Enjoy!
7 WAYS TO UPGRADE YOUR MORNING ROUTINE FOR SUCCESS STARTING NOW
Looking for ways to give your productivity an edge that can set you up to achieve more? Want to make some positive changes that can dramatically improve the quality of your life? If you answered yes to either of these questions, then this morning routine for success is exactly what you need.
Now most people’s routines consist of shooting up from bed to silence a blaring alarm, sliding into the shower, and grabbing coffee as they rush out the door to fight traffic. All of which are oftentimes done with a gnawing pit in their stomach as they dread the day ahead.
A morning routine is grounded in rituals can help give you the structure you need to support a positive mindset and the beneficial physical habits to transform how you approach your day. “Rituals” may have the connotation of ceremonies with singing bowls and gongs, but you can design your own to fit the life you want to achieve.
Let’s dive right in and learn how to implement the best morning routine for success, so you can crush every day from the start.
BEST MORNING ROUTINE FOR SUCCESS
1. Exercise Your Demons (No Priest Necessary!)
Do you wake up with a smile on your face and a song in your heart? No? Neither do most people. If your heart sinks the minute the alarm goes off, then you need to move your body first thing in the morning. It’s the quickest and easiest way to improve your mood and your outlook. Exercise causes the release of endorphins, the hormones that relieve pain and reduce anxiety.
You’ve heard it before that working up a sweat is phenomenal for stress relief, but making it a priority at the start of your day has many more benefits than that. Upon rising, you are still in a fasting state which makes exercise more effective, allowing you to burn twice as much fat.
Another benefit of rising early to get a workout in is increased focus. Sure, there are fewer distractions when you’re out early in the day, but exercise can help improve your focus overall. In fact, morning exercise can help your attention and improve your better decision-making capabilities.
Also, Newton’s first law of motion tells us that a body in motion stays in motion. If you’re already making the effort to move, you’ll feel more inclined to keep that momentum going.
Related: Fitness and Success
2. Dry Brush To Get Your Blood Pumping
Using a stiff brush on dry skin first thing in the morning can increase blood circulation and help with lymphatic drainage. Not only does it feel good by stimulating your nervous system, but it can even help unclog your pores and help your body to eliminate toxins.
Brushing the skin also helps to remove dead skin cells which can leave your skin with a brighter appearance and more even in tone.
Dry brushing is also fairly simple. Find a long-handled brush with natural stiff bristles and use it just before you shower. Start at your feet and move up to your ankles in fluid strokes. Continue to move upwards towards your heart, going easier on your more sensitive skin.
3. Breakfast of Champions
This may seem like an obvious one, but it bears repeating since it’s commonly sacrificed in the rush to get out the door for work. Those who skip breakfast are more inclined to smoke, drink more alcohol, and exercise less.
Not only will making sure to eat a nutritious breakfast lead to healthier habits and choices throughout the day, it will also provide you with more energy and focus.
While we all love to greet the day with a donut or a bagel slathered with cream cheese, eating these simple carbohydrates will lead to a sugar crash. If you want to keep your energy up, go for a mixture of protein, healthy fats, and complex carbs. Oatmeal is a great choice because it has plenty of fiber to keep you full. Adding a hearty fat like almond butter and berries for their antioxidants will keep you satiated.
4. Drink Salted Water (So You Can Say You Did It First)
Sure, it’s important to drink water, but there are some ingredients you can add to make it work harder for you.
Salt is responsible for proper muscle function, nerve impulses, regulating blood pressure, and even relieving muscle cramps after a workout.
Therefore, adding salt to your water in the morning is a great way to not only keep you hydrated, but as a way to recover from your morning workout by replenishing the minerals you’ve lost by pushing yourself to run that extra mile.
Now what kind of salt should you be using?
Regular table salt has been refined to remove impurities that can strip it of beneficial minerals.
Pink Himalayan salt, however, is minimally processed and estimated to have up to eighty-four trace minerals. In fact, the iron found in it is what gives this salt its special pink color.
Of course, like anything else, salt should be used in moderation as too much salt can lead to high blood pressure and heart disease.
5. Reading By Dawn’s Early Light
English poet and playwright, Joseph Addison, once said, “Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.” To which you may respond, “Really, Joe? Read before work, you say? Who has time for that?”
Well, if one is indeed looking to make meaningful changes to supercharge their morning routine for success, and to ultimately upgrade their life, one had better learn to get out of bed before dawn. Yes, dawn.
Sure, reading is the best way to boost your vocabulary and become a better and more interesting communicator. However, it also has the added benefit of keeping your mind young and your brain healthy as it forces you to think and prompts your imagination.
You don’t have to be a voracious or high-brow reader to reap the benefits. Pick a book that speaks to you and read just one chapter a day. No more, no less.
6. Strategize Your Day Like You’re Going Into Battle
There is nothing more satisfying than being able to cross something off your list.
So, before you hit the road for work, take a few minutes to sit down and think about your day. Write down everything you want to accomplish and prioritize those tasks according to importance and time sensitivity. Use a handwritten list or get fancy and use a work management program like Asana or Monday to track your progress.
Use whatever works for you as long as you get things done. Chances are that you won’t finish everything you want to do, but as long as you’re making a dent in the list, you’re well on your way to making progress. Progress is better than perfect, right?
Pro-tip: be sure to include both work and personal tasks in order to keep a healthy work/life balance.
Related: Keystone Habits
7. Make Your Bed
Perhaps you’ve already successfully integrated these morning rituals and things are going extremely well for you. Your internal clock wakes you up before your alarm goes off and you dramatically throw off your covers in anticipation of bringing the world to its knees.
However, there may be days when the only knees that buckle are yours.
Without failure, we can’t have success and there will certainly be times when everything gets bungled beyond belief. Everyone messes up from time to time, and often times we must also endure the screwups of others. It doesn’t matter of it’s global circumstances beyond your control, or local ones, sometimes your life will just be thrown into turmoil.
Whatever it may be, there is one thing that you can control: making your bed. There is comfort in this small action because you know however awful the day was, there will be a fresh start and high thread count goodness waiting for you at home at the end of a day. So make your bed, because it’s a promise to yourself that you can begin again the next day in regardless of what the world throws at you.
Till you find the success you’re after,
PS – If you enjoyed this article on the best morning routine for success, then you’ll likely also enjoy these supporting resources to help you create the morning routine that suites you best:
TYLER PERRY NET WORTH + HOW MUCH HE MAKES A YEAR
13 PRINCIPLES OF PROSPERITY AND ACHIEVEMENT FOR CREATING A RICH LIFE
50+ INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES ABOUT RESPECT
GROWTH MINDSET VS. FIXED MINDSET
75+ INSPIRATIONAL ED MYLETT QUOTES FOR SUCCESS
20 BEST HEALTH APPS FOR OPTIMIZING YOUR FITNESS
STOP WAITING, START DOING: 100+ QUOTES ABOUT TAKING ACTION
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2022)
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE SUCCESS
20 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-CONFIDENCE AND IMPROVE SELF-ESTEEM (2022)
100 INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
100+ BADASS HARD WORK QUOTES TO FIRE UP YOUR WORK ETHIC
100+ PURPOSE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
100 INSPIRING COURAGE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FEEL COURAGEOUS
HOW TO MAKE MONEY WHILE YOU SLEEP AND NOT WORK UNTIL YOU DIE
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. If you’ve ever asked yourself,...
10 REASONS BUILDING AN ONLINE BUSINESS IS A GOOD INVESTMENT
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. Have you ever asked yourself,...
5 MILLIONAIRE SUCCESS HABITS THAT CAN ACTUALLY MAKE YOU RICH
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. These days anyone can become...
BEST HEATH OPTIMIZER APP AND DIGITAL FITNESS PROGRAMS
This health optimizer app review may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. Are you...
Self-Discipline5 months ago
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2022)
Quotes9 months ago
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE SUCCESS
Confidence8 months ago
20 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-CONFIDENCE AND IMPROVE SELF-ESTEEM (2022)
Motivation1 year ago
25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS THAT ACTUALLY WORK
Motivation11 months ago
100 INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
Quotes9 months ago
100+ BADASS HARD WORK QUOTES TO FIRE UP YOUR WORK ETHIC
Inspiration1 month ago
100+ PURPOSE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
Quotes1 year ago
55 POWER QUOTES TO HELP YOU FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS
Confidence9 months ago
100 INSPIRING COURAGE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FEEL COURAGEOUS
Quotes2 years ago
NO GUTS, NO GLORY
Quotes9 months ago
100+ MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES TO HELP YOU NEVER GIVE UP
Motivation9 months ago
TOP 100 SUCCESS AND MOTIVATIONAL BLOGS FOR 2022