It was around the end 2014 when I decided to sign up for my very first obstacle course race (also known as an OCR). I decided to sign up for the Spartan Race in particular, because I heard from friends how challenging it was, while at the same time being extremely fulfilling if completed.
It sounded a lot like life. Difficult at times, but extremely fulfilling during and at the end of the journey. So, I made up my mind one night to sign up for the most grueling and physically challenging OCR race on the planet.
As luck would have it, signing up was actually one of the best things I did for my life at the time. When I signed up I was 33. I had one kid and another on the way, while struggling to get my new internet startup up and running. You could say that life seemed pretty stressful at the time.
On top of the stress, I wasn’t exercising as routinely as I’d liked. I was consuming unhealthy food regularly, and in general I just wasn’t feeling very inspired. Life appeared to be getting the best of me, until I signed up for the race.
Check out these 5 benefits I experienced from my experience with the Spartan race. Hopefully you see them as the 5 reasons why you should run the Spartan race too.
1. Re-ignite Your Discipline Muscles
The night I signed up, I made the decision to go-all-in. I decided to train to perform. The very next day I started out on my spartan training regimen. I began preparing my mind and body to go to battle, and win.
With that decision, I began an excellent workout routine that I pulled straight from the Spartan website. It’s a brutal regimen that required much dedication, and a slight tolerance for pain. I didn’t want to let myself or my teammates down, so I did not waiver from missing a work out day. The commitment I made to myself to stick to my new training regimen, and the commitment I made to my team to show up on race day, ready to “represent” did wonders for my discipline.
2. Learn to Optimize Time Management Skills
At first, scheduling my workouts was a bit of a challenge. At the time, my wife was pregnant with our second child, and she was due to have the baby around the same week that my 1st race was scheduled to start.
So, in order to not stress my lovely wife out, I had to create a schedule that worked around her needs (and my little rowdy 2 year old son’s needs). Thus, I had to be creative with my scheduling, and find ways to optimize every hour of every day.
This forced me to create an optimal schedule that worked for everyone. It seemed like a challenge at first, but we ultimately figured it out. The great thing about it was, I learned some new time management skills. And they were time management skills that I’ve been using ever since.
3. Can Improve Your Business
Having improved my discipline, and being fiercely focused on optimizing my scheduling and activities, I started making more focused efforts on only the business activities that mattered most. It was like I got hyper-focused on the 80/20 rule. In turn, I saw an enormous traffic increase for my online business. The growth was actually quite staggering (1303% increase as a matter of fact). In turn, my revenue shot up as well.
Things were going great. My discipline started to improve, my time management skills got optimized, and my business saw excellent results too! I began to wonder why I hadn’t started one of these races sooner.
4. The Spartan Race Will Get You into the Best Shape of Your Life
Training for the Spartan race will get you into super-human shape. I was about 217 lbs. when I first started off on my Spartan race journey. After my first race, I got down to 202 lbs.
I enjoyed the Spartan Sprint so much, I signed up for two other races, a 10 mile Spartan Super that was to take place 2 months later, and a 13 mile Spartan Beast which was scheduled out 5 months after the Super.
From the Sprint to the Super, I went from 202 lbs. to 192 lbs. of pure muscle. Then from the Super to the Beast, I went from 192 lbs. of pure muscle to 188 lbs. of lean mean half-marathon running machine.
Not only that, but my endurance had shot up dramatically as well. When I first started training, I could barely run half a mile. By the time my first race came around, I was able to run at least 6 miles non-stop. However, by the time I got to my 3rd race, I was able to run a half-marathon, with 30 plus obstacles in between.
I was able to get into GREAT shape! I was in SPARTAN shape!
5. Reinforce a Positive Mental Attitude
The most important benefit I experienced from getting involved with the Spartan race, was a strengthened mindset. Training and performing in the race reinforced within me a positive mental attitude. When you are training to be your best, you stop focusing on thoughts that weaken you. Not only that, but when you are training with other like-minded people, the encouragement that you give to one another reinforces positive thinking in your life. Those reinforced positive vibes then compound in an extremely beneficial way to your overall outlook on life.
In the end, signing up for the Spartan race(s) was one of the best things I did to get my life back in order. Yes, it was akin to signing up for a boot camp. Yes the Spartan workouts were hard. But it was the need to surmount those difficulties that made me stronger.
My commitment to train for and perform in the Spartan race helped me become more disciplined, improved my time management skills, positively impacted my business, got me into great shape, and dramatically strengthened my positive outlook on life.
If you’re not afraid of changing things up in your life, experiencing positive results, and getting a little dirty in the process, maybe a Spartan race is exactly what you need.
Till next time,
PS – If you enjoyed this post, then you’ll definitely love these motivational Spartan Quotes.
75+ HEALTH IS WEALTH QUOTES TO INSPIRE YOUR BEST LIFE
There’s no shortage of people striving to make tons of money, own the fastest and most expensive cars, and grow their wealth as rapidly as they can. It is almost a given these days, and like it or not, it is what most of us aspire towards. Of course there is nothing wrong with a healthy dose of ambition; however, what most us forget, and neglect along the way towards our lofty goals, is our health. We’ve forgotten that money and success can’t make you happy if you’re ill.
But we’re here to remind you. Maybe even to re-inspire you to take advantage of your good health while you still can. Because once your health is gone, money can’t bring it back. Nor can money bring the joy and fun back, that was best experienced when healthy. So, we’ve pulled together these inspiring health is wealth quotes to keep you honest, and focused on good health… because good health is the ultimate wealth.
BEST HEALTH IS WEALTH QUOTES
1. “Good health is a crown on the head of a well person that only a sick person can see.” – Robin Sharma
2. “It is health that is real wealth. And not pieces of gold and silver.” – Ghandi
3. “The greatest wealth is health.” – Virgil
4. “All the money in the world can’t buy you back good health.” – Reba McEntire
5. “Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.” – Buddha
6. “When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless, and intelligence cannot be applied.” – Herophilus
“When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless, and intelligence cannot be applied.” – HerophilusTweet Quote
7. “Health is the greatest of human blessings.” – Hippocrates
8. “Your health is your wealth.” – Anonymous
9. “So many spend their health gaining wealth, and then have to spend their wealth to regain their health.” – A.J. Materi
10. “The first wealth is health.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
11. “The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body, the better you feel and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results.” – Tony Robbins
12. “Health is a priceless wealth. Invest while you can.” – Bryant McGill
13. “The foundation of success in life is good health: that is the substratum fortune; it is also the basis of happiness.” – P.T. Barnum
“The foundation of success in life is good health: that is the substratum fortune; it is also the basis of happiness.” – P.T. BarnumTweet Quote
14. “If you have health, you probably will be happy, and if you have health and happiness, you have all the wealth you need, even if it is not all you want.” – Elbert Hubbard
15. “When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost.” – Billy Graham
16. “Health is like money, we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.” – Josh Billings
“Health is like money, we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.” – Josh BillingsTweet Quote
17. “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” – J.F.K
18. “Look to your health; and if you have it, praise God and value it next to conscience; for health is the second blessing that we mortals are capable of, a blessing money can’t buy.” – Izaak Walton
19. “Today be thankful and think how rich you are. Your family is priceless, your time is gold and your health is wealth.” – Zig Ziglar
20. “Nothing looks as good as healthy feels.” – Anonymous
21. “The wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings. Let food be your medicine.” – Hippocrates
22. “I believe that the greatest gift that you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.”‘ – Joyce Meyer
23. “Keep your vitality. A life without health is like a river without water.” – Maxime Lagace
“Keep your vitality. A life without health is like a river without water.” – Maxime LagaceTweet Quote
24. “You can’t enjoy wealth if you’re not in good health.” – Anonymous
25. “Happiness is the new rich. Inner peace is the new success. Health is a new wealth. Kindness is the new cool.” – Anonymous
26. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
27. “The core benefit of eating right is having the energy to meet your dreams and to live a fulfilling life.” – Tony Robbins
28. “The human body is the best picture of the human soul.” – Tony Robbins
29. “You spend your time to make a dime. You lose your health to make your wealth, but at the end it is funny because you leave back all your money.” – R.V.M
30. “Make sure the outside of you is a reflection of the inside of you.” – Jim Rohn
31. “Health is the soul that animates all the enjoyments of life, which fade and are tasteless without it.” – Seneca
32. “Health is not just the absence of a disease. It’s an inner joyfulness that should be ours all the time; a state of positive well being.” – Deepak Chopra
33. “Good health is the most important thing. More than success. More than money. More than power.” – Lee Strasberg
“Good health is the most important thing. More than success. More than money. More than power.” – Lee StrasbergTweet Quote
34. Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.” – Winston S. Churchill
35. “When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless, and intelligence cannot be applied.” – Herophilus
36. Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend. – Lao Tzu
Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend. – Lao TzuTweet Quote
37. “Some people don’t do well simply because they don’t feel well.” – Jim Rohn
38. “Humor and health, the staples of wealth.” – S. Austin
You’re more then halfway there. We hope you are enjoying this inspiring collection of health is wealth quotes. If by the end of the page you’ve found value in any of them, please don’t hesitate to share a few of the health and wealth quotes with someone who might appreciate them.
Related: Link Between Fitness + Success
39. “There’s nothing more important than our good health – that’s our principal capital asset.” – Arlen Specter
40. “No person may enjoy outstanding success without good health.” – Napoleon Hill
41. “Good health is not something we can buy. However, it can be an extremely valuable savings account.” – Anne Wilson Schaef
42. “Treat your body like a temple, not a woodshed. The mind and the body work together. Your body needs to be a good support system for the mind and the spirit. If you take good care of it, your body can take you wherever you want to go, with the power and strength and energy and vitality you will need to get there.” – Jim Rohn
43. “The man who earns a million but destroys his health in the process is not really a success.” – Zig Ziglar
“The man who earns a million but destroys his health in the process is not really a success.” – Zig ZiglarTweet Quote
44. “Health is the most critical thing in our life. With your health anything is possible, without it you can’t do anything.” – Bill Walton
45. “Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.” – Benjamin Franklin
46. “If, then sound health is the foundation of success and happiness in life, how important it is that we should study the laws of health, which is but another expression for the laws of nature!” – P.T. Barnum
“If, then sound health is the foundation of success and happiness in life, how important it is that we should study the laws of health, which is but another expression for the laws of nature!” – P.T. BarnumTweet Quote
47. “Health is the thing that makes you feel that now is the best time of year.” – Franklin P. Adams
48. “Health is wealth. Peace of mind is happiness. Yoga shows the way.” – Vishnudevananda Saraswati
49. “Our bodies are our gardens – our wills are our gardeners.” – William Shakespeare
50. “If you’re healthy, you’re wealthy.” – Yiddish Proverb
51. “Without our health we are nothing. We strive for personal success often to the detriment of our health. We only really understand the value of health once we’ve had it and then lost it again.” – Murray Kovesy
52. “One of the greatest tragedies in life is not failing to achieve some great fortune, but rather, it’s to spend one’s whole life obtaining riches, only to fall ill before ever having the chance to enjoy them.” – Nathan Lee Morales
53. “Money is the most envied but the least enjoyed. Health is the most enjoyed but the least envied.” – Charles Caleb Colton
“Money is the most envied but the least enjoyed. Health is the most enjoyed but the least envied.” – Charles Caleb ColtonTweet Quote
54. “Happiness is the highest form of health.” – Dalai Lama
55. “Your body is your most priceless possession. Take care of it.” – Jack Lalane
56. “The groundwork for all happiness is good health.” – Leigh Hunt
57. “Prevention is better than cure.” – Desiderius Erasmus
58. “Wealth is best enjoyed with good friends and good health.” – The STRIVE
59. “Time and health are two precious assets that we don’t recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted.” – Denis Waitley
60. “Health is not valued until sickness comes.” – Thomas Fuller
61. “The preservation of health is a duty. Few seem conscious that there is such a thing as physical morality” – Herbert Spencer
62. “Nothing diverts the flow of joy that stems from vast wealth as effectively as infirmity.” – Atlas Rowe
63. “When you ask people what affects their wellbeing most, they think of health and wealth.” – Tom Rath
“When you ask people what affects their wellbeing most, they think of health and wealth.” – Tom RathTweet Quote
64. “The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don’t want, drink what you don’t like, and do what you’d rather not.” – Mark Twain
65. “The health is the most important thing, and you have to take care of our body, our mind, in a spiritual way as well.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
66. “There is nothing more important than our good health, that’s our principal capital asset.” – Arlen Specter
“There is nothing more important than our good health, that’s our principal capital asset.” – Arlen SpecterTweet Quote
67. “Good health is true wealth.” – Urija Faber
68. “The only thing better than vast wealth is optimal health.” – Dr. Sean Michael
69. “I know it’s been said before, that ‘Health is Wealth’, well dammit, it’s true! Because without it, I don’t care how much money you have, what you’ve accomplished in your life… if you don’t feel good about yourself, if you don’t feel good about taking on challenges, if you just don’t feel good inside, it’s not worth it. Life is a burden, it becomes miserable.” – Sylvester Stallone
70. “Your health is an investment, not an expense.” – Anonymous
71. “Health is better than wealth.” – English Proverb
72. “Disease squanders more dreams, goals, and fortune than failure ever will.” – Dr. Adam Rogers
73. “You cannot buy your health, you must earn it through healthy living.” – Joel Fuhrman
74. “If your body’s not right, the rest of your day will go all wrong. Take care of yourself.” – V.L. Allineare
75. “Those of us who think we have no time for our health will sooner or later have to find time for our illness.” – Jay Shetty
76. “Good health and good sense are two of life’s greatest blessings.” – Publilius Syrus
Bonus Health Is Wealth Quote
Bonus: Here’s our last and final health is wealth related quote. We’ve saved it for last because it’s our favorite, and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Final Thoughts on Health and Wealth
There you have it, the very best health is wealth quotes. We hope they inspire you to reconsider your priorities, and to take on the challenge of improving your health now, rather than later.
Till next time,
PS – Using health and wealth quotes to keep perspective on your health is a good start; but if you’re really looking to shake things up in your life as it relates to health, having a little guidance along the way can make all the difference. Which is why we highly recommend the world-class services of Healthstar.co.
20 BEST HEALTH APPS FOR OPTIMIZING YOUR FITNESS
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve probably realized that our phones have an app for just about everything these days. Need to drive somewhere you’ve never been before? There’s a GPS app for that? Want to listen to music during your journey? There’s an app for that too. What’s that, you want takeout to pick up on the way? Yup, app for that too. These days, your options are virtually endless.
Now, in the midst of all these apps, there’s one type that you should consider using above all. And that’s an app that can help you improve your health… like fitness and health apps.
We’ve rounded up 20 of the best health apps and online fitness apps, and listed them here for your convenience. No matter what your lifestyle, one of these health apps will hit the sweet spot and help you get on track to living a healthier and more fit life.
BEST HEALTH APPS TO OPTIMIZE YOUR FITNESS LEVELS
The Healthstar app is both a health app and a fitness app. In essence, Healthstar is changing the way people get healthy by offering affordable and innovative digital health solutions that are accessible from any internet connected device.
Their fitness solution consists of a powerful crowd-sourcing feature that helps you get your friends involved in motivating you to hit your fitness goals. It also includes a biomarker-driven personalized fitness program that really helps you optimize your health.
They also have a virtual-first approach to primary care, urgent care, and precision health. Meaning their app allows you to see a doctor anytime from anywhere with their virtual medicine platform.
All in all, the Healthstar app is a workhorse as it provides a ridiculous amount of value at almost unthinkably low rates.
Healthstar is worth looking into if you’re looking for an app that offers some of the best health optimizing features on the market, and acts like your very own online personal trainer,
8Fit is an online personal trainer app that develops a personalized workout and nutrition plan for you. You start by telling it a few simple facts, like your height, weight, and your personal fitness goals.
From there, 8Fit builds a High-Intensity Interval Training workout plan that’s designed to meet your needs. It also builds daily meals which are based on recipes from trained nutritionists. If that’s not enough 8Fit will track your progress, and adjust your plan accordingly.
You can download 8Fit here.
3. Instant Heart Rate
Instant Heart Rate is a heart monitor that lets you know your pulse rate.
Not sure if you’re actually getting into an aerobic state? This app will let you know. It also tracks your heart rate over time so you can see how well your body is adjusting to your current workout regime. This app works on all platforms – iPhone, Android, and Windows Mobile.
You can download Instant Heart Rate here.
Esquared is the Uber of fitness apps. No, it doesn’t drive you to your workout.
Instead, it helps you find fitness classes and special sessions in your area. Unlike a lot of apps, it doesn’t charge a monthly fee. You only pay a small fee when you actually use it. If you sign up one of your gym buddies, you both get a free credit.
Esquared is available for both iPhone and Android. You can download it here.
Do you already have a workout program you’re happy with, but can’t lose weight? MyFitnessPal may be the answer to your problems.
This app is designed to give you a calorie count that’s tailored to your weight, height, and activity level. When you eat, you enter your meal into the app, and it tells you how many calories you have remaining for the day. Over time, it tracks your habits and recommends high-calorie foods you regularly eat – and should avoid.
MyFitnessPal is available on iPhone and Android. You can download it here.
Using iFit is like having a personal trainer in your back pocket. Tell it about your diet, what kind of shape you’re in, and your goals, and it gives you a workout program that fits your needs.
Real fitness trainers develop these plans, not an algorithm. Best of all, iFit will even sync customized workouts to compatible treadmills, stationary bikes, ellipticals, rowing machines, and other devices. It works with both iPhone and Android phones.
You can download iFit here.
Remember those cheesy aerobics videotapes that were popular in the 80s and 90s? Fiit is like that, except not cheesy.
It bills itself as the “Netflix of fitness apps”, and that’s a pretty good description. Fiit features a wide variety of interactive workout videos that you can move along with. For now, it’s only available on the iPhone. Sorry, Android users.
You can download Fiit here.
8. Sleep Cycle
No, this isn’t some app that lets you ride an exercise bike in your sleep. That would be awesome, but, no-one has invented that technology yet.
Sleep Cycle is a specialized alarm clock app that’s designed to wake you up at the lightest part of your sleep cycle. It does this by using your phone’s microphone to listen for movement, then waking you up when you’re getting restless within a 30-minute window of your desired wake-up time.
Sleep Cycle may not build an exercise plan for you, but it will make sure you wake up refreshed and ready for your morning workout. You can download it here.
Headspace is a meditation app, which helps you find a centered, peaceful state of mind with a daily meditation program. The maker, Craig Shah, MD, claims that it provides “improved mental acuity, patience, productivity and sleep with daily use”.
All of those things aren’t just good for your physical fitness. They’re also important for mental health, which is even more essential than taking care of your body.
You can download Headspace here.
Related: The Link Between Fitness & Success
The HealthTap app is designed to help you diagnose aches, pains, and everyday illnesses. Wake up with a pulled muscle? Open HealthTap, and it will tell you the best way to manage it.
Now, this isn’t just some fancy version of WebMD. HealthTap connects you with real doctors, who offer real medical advice. It costs a few bucks a month, but it’s a lot cheaper than going to your doctor’s office for every minor complaint.
You can download HealthTap here.
Remember the days of 8-bit RPGs, with little pixelated heroes crossing the pixelated map? Habitica turns your fitness habits into a mini RPG!
Tell this app what you want to do – and what you want to avoid – and you’ll gain experience and gold for creating good habits. Stop doing the right things, and your character will lose health. Not only can Habitica be used for fitness, but it also helps you study, work on your hobbies, and even floss regularly.
Habitica is available for iPhone and Android. You can download it here.
12. Waking Up
Waking Up is a meditation app developed by world-famous neuroscientist and philosopher Sam Harris.
This app provides a series of guided meditation sessions for people of all experience levels, with a focus on mindfulness and being in the moment. New lessons are released monthly and can help you reduce stress and improve discipline.
Waking Up is available on iPhone and Android, and can be downloaded here.
This app is just for the ladies. It tracks your period and warns you when that time of the month is about to come around again.
Flo doesn’t just track your period. It also lets you know when you’re ovulating. If you tell it what you’re eating and drinking, it can also give you insight into how diet, caffeine, and alcohol intake affect your cycle. Whether you’re trying to get pregnant, trying not to get pregnant, or just want a heads up on Aunt Flo’s next visit, Flo will help you out on your iPhone or Android phone.
You can download it here.
14. Oh She Glows
Physical fitness presents plenty of challenges for everyone. If you’re vegan, it can be even harder to find a healthy diet plan. That’s where Oh She Glows comes in.
This app is an online vegan cookbook that currently features over 140 recipes, 120 of which are also gluten-free. Each recipe includes pictures and a step by step guide for cooking your meal. It’s available on iPhone and Android.
You can download Oh She Glows here.
15. Peloton App
Peloton grew in popularity during the pandemic, and was a fan favorite for in-home cycling workouts. And now they offer up an fairly inexpensive health app that doesn’t demand you purchase their costly fitness hardware.
They also have a leaderboard that provides shout outs from celebrity trainers to participants that makes their workouts a novel experience. It’s a health app worth looking into if you want something different but trendy. You can look into their offering here.
Tempo is not your typical health app, but they do bring lots of value to their customers as they bring the gym and fitness directly to your hom. In essence, Tempo is a fitness service that brings the gym to you.
They help you get into shape and improve your health by offering a service that encourages you to work out at home. In addition to this, their app helps you connect with a designated coach who will help you meet your health and fitness goals.
Give them a look if you’re looking for something different: Tempo Fit.
Future is a cool online fitness and health app that uses the Apple Watch to track your workouts and an iOS app to create a personalized program built by one of Future’s personal trainers.
Future’s health programs are customizable based on your health goals, and focus on improving your health via good fitness.
They offer up a one-on-one coaching service over FaceTime, which is good for accountability and helping you stick to your health and fitness goals over the long haul.
That said, you can learn more about Future here.
Noom is one of the best health apps because of how it encourages it’s users to make daily behavioral changes for long-term weight loss.
Now, they are not known for being a precision health app, but they do a great job of helping people get their weight down. So, if you’re looking for something to help you shave off a few of the pesky extra pounds, it’s a great app to try.
You can learn more this health/weight-loss app here.
19. NTC Fitness App
The Nike Training Club app is very effective at helping its users ensure their fitness habits stick. They offer helpful goal-setting tools and provide lots of fresh health related content daily that can help you keep your eye on your health goals.
So, if you’re looking for a solid health and fitness app that can help you improve your mindset as well as your muscles, you’ll enjoy this health app via Nike.
NTC is a great fitness app so check them out.
20. Charity Miles
Sometimes, all you need to get going is a little motivation. At least, that’s been our experience. Charity Miles makes that easy by rewarding you for every mile you run.
Well, they don’t actually reward you. They reward your favorite charity, which is arguably even better. The money comes from their corporate sponsors so you can do your morning run while encouraging companies to donate to charity.
This app runs on iPhones, as well as on any Android phone with a motion sensor. You can go here to learn more.
Healthy fitness habits are a life-long pursuit. In the world of smartphones and mobile apps, it’s time we all started using this technology in our personal health journey’s.
Now that you’ve been given the tour of some of the best health apps on the market, it’s only a matter of trying them out to see which one works best for you and your lifestyle goals.
Till next time,
PS – If you enjoyed this collection of the best health apps, then you’ll likely enjoy this article on Why Health Is Wealth. Enjoy.
BEST WORKOUT APPS AND DIGITAL FITNESS PROGRAMS
This review for best workout apps may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info.
Are you looking for a better fitness experience in 2022? Need a little guidance on which fitness program or workout apps you should use before you get started?
If you still haven’t achieved those fitness New Year’s resolutions, but you’re ready to get serious now, you’ll want to check out our selection of the best digital fitness programs and workout apps for 2022. Some you may already know and some have been flying under the radar for a while, but all the winners are about to take off in 2022 🚀
Our list has been curated by some of the top personal trainers and celebrity fitness coaches based in Los Angeles, California. With more than 200 apps and programs out on the market today we’ve done the hard work to test and research them all to bring you the best of the best. With top picks from on-demand fitness programs like Apple Fitness + and the Peloton App to personalized and comprehensive programs like Healthstar Fitness, we got all the bases covered. Read on to learn more.
Sneak Preview at the Winners 💪
Best On-Demand Classes: Peloton
Best Smart Home Gyms: Tempo
Best Nutrition Programs: MyFitnessPal
Best Online Personal Training Program: Future Fitness
Best Workout App & Wellness Program of 2022: Healthstar
Keep Reading to see why we picked our winners.
Here’s our top 10 criteria for how we picked the best workout app and why you should use this methodology too.
Personalization. Everyone has different goals and start out from a different place on their fitness journey. A great fitness program should be designed around your workout preferences, exercises needs, and fitness goals. When it comes to customization a lot of programs talk a big game, but only a select few have this dialed in.
Healthy Lifestyles vs. Fads. New fitness fads and trends can sometimes offer quick gains, but far better to find a program that creates lasting lifestyle change. Your fitness program should be well-rounded, comprehensive in its approach, and help you build on a foundation of healthy lifestyle habits to create sustainability over the long-term.
Accountability. We looked for programs that can help keep you on track using regular check-ins. Accountability can be accomplished by checking in with your own coach or using a community support format.
Professionally Built & Evidenced-Based. It’s critically important to know if the fitness program has been built by people who know what they’re doing. You don’t want a program created by some harebrained scheme thought up by a gym dude or a techno geek who knows more about drinking 6-pack craft beer than getting six-pack abs.
It’s always best to make sure the programs are created and run by people with credentials like certified personal trainers and other fitness professionals such as certified strength and conditioning specialists.
Customer reviews. App and user reviews are helpful, but oftentimes the best reviews come from the people you know. If someone is getting incredible results it’s worth asking them what’s been working for them. We surveyed some of the best fitness coaches and personal trainers in Southern California for their recommendations on fitness programs that their clients are using to get results.
Ease of use. A good fitness program should be easy to sign up for, use, and cancel when needed. There are questions to figure out before signing up for any fitness program. Do you have to download an app and if so is the app super buggy? Do you have to sign up for a long-term contract? What’s the cancellation policy? Do they make it almost impossible to cancel membership by having you search the internet for some hidden phone number just to call in to a busy phone line?
If the program works the fitness company shouldn’t be making it impossible to cancel – they know you’ll use their product because it works, not because you haven’t figured out how to cancel.
Results. One of the most important aspects of any program is its effectiveness in helping you get the results you want. Why waste time and money on programs that are not laser-focused on getting you results. Unfortunately there are a lot of digital fitness programs out there, like many gyms, hyper-focused on trying to get you to sign a contract and locked in for the longterm. Find programs that focus on quality, a well-rounded approach, and achieving the results you want.
Equipment Required. Does the fitness program require you buy a new piece of expensive equipment or a whole new home gym costing thousands of dollars? Are “on-demand” classes only available at certain times. Is the program adaptable and available during times of travel or vacation? Find a program that works for your current equipment situation or be ready to pony up a big chunk of change for the required equipment needed for certain fitness programs.
Workout Variety. Make sure the fitness program you choose is adaptable to your preferences which may change over time. You may want to start with HIIT workouts now, but may find that a traditional strength training regimen would help you reach your goals faster. Make sure the program you choose has flexibility, adaptability, and variability for workout types.
Price. In fitness, like most things in life, you get what you pay for. There are a few exceptions to this rule, but if you are looking for a program that addresses all the factors mentioned above be prepared to spend more per month than you do on your Frappuccinos. For the more expensive fitness programs out there we strongly recommend the ones with a free trial to test the waters before making the big plunge.
Now without further ado, the Top Fitness and Workout apps for 2022!
BEST-OF-THE-BEST: DIGITAL FITNESS AND WORKOUT APPS FOR 2022
Best Overall Fitness and Wellness Program: Healthstar
Price: $99 per month
Free Trial: 30 day free trial for first time users.
Description: Healthstar Fitness is a great workout app and online personal training app built by an impressive team of fitness coaches, nutritionists, and doctors. Their comprehensive approach not only pairs you with a certified personal trainer for one-on-one weekly coaching, but they also provide a weekly personalized program for cardio, strength training, nutrition, sleep optimization, and stress management, all at no additional cost.
The nutrition programs are truly personalized and include both shopping lists using food preferences and meal prep advice for the upcoming week. The program is built around your food preferences and any dietary restrictions you list…we tested keto, vegan, paleo, pegan, and intermittent fasting diet restrictions with no problems.
Similar to Future you’ll meet with your personal trainer during an initial video call, but with Healthstar you get access to any follow up video calls you might need, which is nice when you have questions about how to perform an exercise properly or just want to check in with your coach via video. When put to the test, Healthstar coaches were able to create programs for nearly every workout environment we threw at them including at-home workouts, workouts with no equipment, heavy duty bodybuilding, gym circuits, outdoor workouts, business travel, and vacation settings. Healthstar may not have as many coaches as Future, but the ones they do have mastered their craft.
Healthstar’s roots run deep in digital health and data-driven clinical care and their recent transition into the fitness world likely gives them an edge when it comes achieving impressive outcomes. They claim an average of a 25 pound fat loss and a 5 to 10 pound lean muscle mass gain within the first 3 months of the program. They also use the same precision health technology for their fitness programs as they do for their clinical programs, which allows for tracking super detailed information like body fat percentage loss, lean muscle mass gains, muscular strength and endurance improvements, recovery insights, and cardiovascular fitness levels like VO2max.
Finally, we also like Healthstar as an online personal trainer app because it offers such a flexible program. It can be used in combination with most of the fitness trackers we used for this review including the Apple Watch, Fitbit, Oura, and Whoop. And unlike some of the other fitness programs we tested, Healthstar does not require any extra purchases for premium services, expensive smart home gym equipment, or extra devices like an Apple Watch.
Our pick for the Best Overall Fitness and Wellness Program for 2022 is Healthstar Fitness. We have no doubt that once word gets out about Healthstar, this company will start making some major waves in both the health optimization apps and fitness world.
- At $99 a month Healthstar offers tremendous value. You’ll get one-on-one personal training with your own dedicated fitness coach.
- Personalized programs are actually personalized with unique programs delivered every week.
- Impressive clinical-grade technology that allows you to track more than your basic fitness metrics.
- Pairs well with the other fitness programs and devices we tested.
- Lack a dedicated mobile app for iPhone and Android, but their progressive web app setup is mobile friendly and makes access super easy with no app to download.
- Would like to see a bigger selection of personal trainers.
- Price point may be high for those looking for a basic fitness program.
Best On-Demand Classes: Peloton App
Price: $13 to $39 per month. $1,495 to $3,115 for equipment (bike or treadmill).
Free Trial: 30 day free trial for first time users (app only).
Description: Peloton was the pandemic fan favorite for in-home cycling workouts using their crazy expensive bikes, now they are out with a relatively inexpensive fitness app that does not require the bike or their new treadmill. Their unique leaderboard and shout outs from celebrity trainers to participants during the live workouts has created a loyal fan base and great user experience.
However, to get the full immersive Peloton experience you’ll still need to upgrade to their pricey bike or treadmill…$1,495 to $3,003 for the Peloton bike and $2,495 to $3,115 for the Peloton treadmill.
Honorable mentions for Best On-Demand Classes: Barry’s Bootcamp, BeachBody, Apple Fitness+, and yoga app Glo.
- Daily live classes with interactive leader boards
- Lots of great reviews in the app store and a loyal fan base
- 30 Day Free Trial for first time users
- To get the full Peloton Experience requires expensive equipment. In addition, the treadmill had some major issues with it’s design. For $3,115, it’s gonna hurt more than your legs to go running indoors. 😭
- No personalization or custom workouts. Limited workout variety as classes lean heavily towards cycling and running workouts, with some basic strength training and HIIT workouts sprinkled in.
- No nutrition component.
Best Smart Home Gyms: Tempo
Free Trial: None
Description: Sleek home gym built around classic free weights combined with an AI powered form correction system to help you develop proper form while you work out. This home gym is great for beginners just getting into traditional strength training since it helps correct improper form while lifting. What we like about Tempo, as compared to other single form factor home gyms like bikes or stairclimbers, is that the use of free weights allows you to learn techniques that you can take to other workout environments including hotel gyms or traditional in-person gyms.
However, at $2,495 the price is steep and if you’re currently on a budget you could learn proper free weight techniques from a live personal trainer (either in-person or virtually through their online personal trainer app) and some basic inexpensive free weight equipment.
Honorable mentions for Best Smart Home Gyms: Mirror, Clmbr, Tonal, and FightCamp.
- Their 3D Tempo Vision offers realtime feedback and guidance on lifting techniques and tips to correct bad form which is great for strength training beginners.
- Uses tried and true free weights for strength training to help develop techniques that can later be used in any gym.
- Sleek design for easy storage and a modern look.
- Comes with limited equipment. Starter package for $2,495 comes only with dumbbells. To get a barbell and a bench you’ll need to upgrade to the Plus package which will run you $3,245.
- Claim of “the only home gym with a built-in personal trainer” is a little misleading as the AI system will correct posture and form in real-time, but you want get access to or guidance from an actual personal trainer.
Best Nutrition Programs: MyFitnessPal
Price: $19.99 per month for Premium.
Free Trial: 30 day free trial
Description: MyFitnessPal is one of the go-to apps for nutrition tracking that has only gotten better with time. They now claim to have a database of over 14 million foods with macronutrient breakdowns for each one. The barcode scanning feature is nice when it works, but there are still some bugs to work out especially for non-processed foods that don’t easily scan. Free version of the app provides great food logging features, but ads can get annoying at times.
Honorable mentions for Best Nutrition Programs: Noom, Weight Watchers, LoseIt, and PlateJoy.
- Huge database of over 14 million foods with macronutrient breakdowns.
- Free Version offers many tracking features including food, weight, and water intake.
- Barcode scanning works most of the time.
- Entering food every time you eat or drink something can become time consuming even with saved favorites feature.
- Inability to create a meal plan that’s personalized for fitness goals like increasing lean muscle mass or improving sports performance. Focus is on weight loss only.
- No personalized guidance from expert nutritionists or dietitians.
- Does not provide any exercise guidance or fitness programming.
Best Personal Training Program: Future Fitness
Price: $149 per month.
Free Trial: None
Description: Future is a cool online personal app that uses the Apple Watch to track your workouts and an iOS app to create a personalized program built by one of Future’s personal trainers. Fitness programs are customizable based on your fitness goals, but are predominately HIIT workouts. A nice touch is meeting your fitness coach over FaceTime initially and then hearing him or her do voice overs for that week’s workout exercises, however don’t plan on seeing your coach over FaceTime again…after that first week it is largely a text-based conversation. If you get paired with a good coach the experience can be great and the accountability aspect with weekly check-ins is right on point.
The price can seem a little high at $149 a month, but considering you are working one-on-one with a dedicated personal trainer, who normally charges $70 – $100 per hour for in-person sessions, we still felt like we were getting good value.
The major downside to Future Fitness is the requirement to either purchase an Apple Watch, or rent one from Future, in order to use the program. Another big drawback is their lack of personalized nutrition advice. When we asked for nutrition advice to help us hit our goals we were sent a couple of super basic nutrition PDFs that looked like they were pulled straight from the CDC website.
Honorable mentions for Best Personal Training Program: Healthstar, Nike Training Club, Centr.
- One-on-one program that connects with a real fitness coach who can build out a personalized program for your fitness goals.
- Weekly check-ins with your coach helps to keep you accountable and on track to hit your goals.
- In-app voiceovers by your coach is a nice personal touch.
- Workout App Requires an iPhone and an Apple Watch.
- No nutrition advice. Can’t do customized diet plans or food tracking capabilities.
- $149 a month can be a budget killer for many people.
- Workouts are largely HIIT based. Also, your program is dependent on your coach’s “unique training style” which can be great if you get a good coach or lead to poor results if you get a bad coach.
Best Digital Fitness and Workout App Guide
Here’s a helpful side-by-side comparison chart of the top digital Fitness programs and workout apps for 2022. Use it as a guide to help you choose which digital fitness resources are the best for you:
In 2022 you have many options to help you rock your fitness goals. From basic tools like the Peloton App to comprehensive programs like Healthstar Fitness, it’s time to get excited about what 2022 is bringing to the digital fitness world.
Hopefully our review of the best digital fitness programs and the top workout app provided you with the information you were looking for. On top of that, we hope at the very least, you can now make a well informed decision on which tools you should use to achieve your fitness goals in 2022.
For more information on 2022 fitness trends check out the American College of Sports Medicine 2022 Fitness Trends.
GET HEALTHY, STAY HEALTHY: A CELEBRITY TRAINER’S 5 TIPS TO TRANSFORM YOUR HEALTH FOR GOOD
If you’re looking for an effective guide on how to help you stay happy, healthy, and in great shape, for good, this Get Healthy, Stay Healthy guide is it!
The most popular New Year’s resolution is self-improvement: specifically, to exercise more and to lose weight. But why is it that every year, we make the same resolution? Why is it that we can’t seem to “stick with” our most burning desire: to keep our body healthy?
I was a personal trainer for over 20 years, and throughout that time I was constantly told, “You are so lucky to be in such great shape!” But a doctor doesn’t remain healthy simply because she is a doctor; she stays healthy because she follows her own advice and training, and she understands the protocols for keeping her body healthy.
The hairdresser doesn’t have great hair just because she is a hairdresser, but because she understands how to keep her hair healthy and style it well. A personal trainer is no different; she is not “genetically lucky to have a great body,” but she is in good shape because she consistently applies what she knows about keeping her body healthy and fit.
Achieving a healthy, happy body is not about finding the “secret exercise,” or the “ultimate diet.” If there were such a thing, then the goal of losing weight wouldn’t constantly be number one on the list of New Year’s resolutions.
So, what is the secret?
The secret is simple: gain as much knowledge as you can about maintaining a healthy body, and then consistently apply that knowledge to your lifestyle.
With that said, here are the five most effective and practical tips for how to stick to your resolution for good health…for the rest of your life.
5 Best Ways To Get Healthy And Stay Healthy
1. Strategize On How You Will Find The Time.
Where there is a will, there is a way. Shorten your daily time blocks by 5 minutes each, to create a time gap of 40 – 50 minutes. For example: wake up 15 – 30 minutes earlier, get ready for work 5 minutes faster, shorten your lunch break by 5 minutes, shorten your TV time by 20 minutes, cut your social media time by 15 minutes.
Once you add up all that extra time, you will have “found” the time for your exercise–and now you can keep it in your everyday schedule, just like any other important meeting on your calendar. No meeting on your schedule is more important than meeting up with YOU, to take care of your health!
Here’s a great resource to help you strategize better so you can find the time to exercise.
2. Have Two Motivational Reminders.
If you really want to get healthy and stay healthy, having two motivational reminders is crucial. Your first motivational reminder should be visual, so create a vision board featuring pictures of yourself wearing the clothes you love most.
Create this board in a way that allows you to see yourself radiating from the great feeling of wearing those clothes. Keep that vision in your mind every day.
The second reminder is emotional: here is the secret for why doctors stay healthy, hairdressers have great hair, and personal trainers have great bodies. They know how it feels if they don’t follow through and apply their expertise; they know how the “other side” feels, and they do everything they can do to avoid it.
Since I know how it feels to wake up in the morning and feel upset and ashamed of my body, those feelings are my biggest motivation to stop overeating or skipping my workouts.
So, create two effective motivational reminders, one that is visual, and one that is emotional, and you’ll be well on your way to getting and staying healthy.
Related: Health is Wealth
3. Familiarize Yourself With Your New, Healthy Routine.
Many people put off exercising because they are not confident and clear about exactly what they are “supposed” to be doing. Therefore, do yourself a favor and take time one day to visit the gym; learn how long it will take you to get there, where you will park, where the lockers are located.
Become familiar with the cardio machines and the weight machines. Once you know where you are going and what you are doing, there is a much better chance you will actually make it happen.
The more familiar you are with the environment you’ll be exercising in and the routine you’ll be following, the better you’ll be at envisioning yourself following through on your exercise. And the better you get at seeing yourself following through, the more likely you’ll be to do so.
Familiarizing yourself with your new, healthy routine is one of the best kept secrets to get healthy and stay healthy, so give it a try.
4. Your Exercise Routine Starts The Night Before.
The night before your workout, prepare your workout clothes. This will not only get you into a workout mindset, but it will save you time in the morning. Prepare your gym bag with water, a towel, and healthy snacks for the day.
If you work out at home, as many did during the pandemic, prepare your online video the night before. I always search it out the night before, and set it up, so I don’t waste my time searching in the morning. If you must drink coffee (as I do), prepare your coffee mug and have the coffee maker ready to go. Preparation is the key.
Related: Fitness and Success
5. To Get Healthy and Stay Healthy Remain Loyal To Yourself.
Don’t let anyone or anything come between you and your health goal, including the everyday actions it will take for you to reach that goal.
There are so many quotes about the role of consistency in staying healthy. Good health is all about consistency. Keeping your body healthy and happy is like running a marathon. You can put that 26.6 sticker on your car only if you finished the marathon.
Perhaps you walked, you jogged, you ran, you rested…but you kept going, because you were driven to keep moving forward one step at a time to make it happen. The good news is, those decisions were all yours.
So, stay loyal to yourself, and to your goals, so you can create a healthy lifestyle you can be proud of.
There you have it, the 5 best way to get healthy and stay healthy. Follow these tips consistently, and you’ll be well on your way to a healthier you, for good.
Remember, life will take off for you, when you choose for it to do so.
PS – If you enjoyed this get healthy, stay healthy article, and the invaluable tips provided for keeping your body healthy for good, then you’ll love this article on how to stay motivated to exercise regularly.
10 BEST WAYS TO STAY MOTIVATED TO EXERCISE REGULARLY
You know that exercising regularly is good for your health. Yet, following through on that exercise is a whole other story.
It’s not necessarily that you’re lazy for continually choosing to put off regular exercise. In fact, you may just be dealing with mental roadblocks that are keeping you from hitting the jogging path or lacing up your gym shoes. The good news is, roadblocks can be removed.
To stay motivated and stick with your workout routine, you need to remove that little voice inside you that says, “I’ll just exercise tomorrow. Or maybe, the day after.”
So, if you’re struggling to find the motivation to exercise regularly, below are some tactics to help you overcome those obstacles that have gotten in the way on your fitness journey. But before learn how to sidestep those obstacles, it’s critical that we briefly touch on why people aren’t motivated to exercise in the first place.
- Exercise is viewed as hard – One reason why people may not be motivated to work out is that they view it as something difficult. There are even photos of people struggling to make it through their routine and most people don’t enjoy those types of struggles themselves.
- Sedentary lifestyles and jobs – Most people spend much of their days on the computer or in the car so they sit more and walk less. And the more their body gets used to sitting, the more difficult it is to get their body moving.
- Busy lifestyles – Being busy becomes a great excuse to skip workouts.
- Exercise is considered a luxury – While exercise is necessary for good health, others view it as a luxury. Of course, personal fitness instructors and trainers come at a price tag, but others can also enjoy the free community events and camaraderie to be active.
- No access to workout facilities – Having no access to a community center or nearby gym may also influence a person whether they exercise regularly.
- No safe places to work out – Some people live in places that do not make it easy for them to exercise. The good news, on the other hand, is that there are other ways to stay fit more than ever before. There are on-demand workouts, fitness apps, as well as live-streaming classes.
- Negative consequences are not immediate – Not exercising today or even a few days or months will usually not have immediate negative consequences. And this is why some people are not motivated to work out regularly, because they won’t have to worry about something that has not yet happened.
Okay, now that you know the common reasons why most people aren’t motivated to exercise, you’re ready to learn the most effective methods for overcoming those obstacles so you can get and stay motivated to workout for the long-term. Let’s to get to it:
10 Practical Tips for Staying Motivated to Exercise
First and foremost, if you want to know how to get motivated to work out, you first need to find out what your true purpose is for taking action. Is your reason for working out to prevent health problems? Is it to boost energy? To reduce stress? Or are you looking to transform your body shape?
Whatever your “why” is, you can rest assured that adding exercise to your routine will most assuredly have positive effects on your life. So, zero in on your why, and you’ll be much more eager to the gym and exercise.
There’s nothing more motivating than seeing the first 5K visible in bold letters on your calendar. So, set goals and commit to an exercise program that will get you in proper shape during the race day.
When setting goals, make sure it is realistic. Include clear milestones and you will soon find the ripple effect not just in your physical health, but also in your home life and at work.
As much as possible, put your realistic goals on paper. Wiring your goals on paper could help you stay motivated. Others even have an exercise diary so they’ll know how long they work out or what they did during each workout session.
If you really want to know how to get motivated to workout, this is probably the best step to follow. Why? Because by nature, we humans need variety and change to stay motivated. We also need to enjoy ourselves even when working out. So, why not do both?
Whether it’s a trail run that changes scenery every season or sculpting and toning class that changes choreography, find the fun in your workout. Include also an exercise that you truly enjoy so you will look forward to doing it regularly. You may be surprised that one day, you’ll just forget that you’re working out, especially when you play sports, hula hoop, or dance with family and friends.
Adding variety to your workout moreover challenges your body. For instance, yoga and Tai Chi benefit both your physical and mental health.
Speaking of finding fun while working out, why not do quick exercises during commercial breaks? An hour of a TV show can already include roughly about 22 minutes of commercials, which means you can squeeze in about 45 minutes of workout in three hours of prime-time TV.
You can alternate each commercial break with push-ups, dumbbell overhead raises, squats, lunges, tricep tips, or jumping jacks. Repeat them and you’ve already completed a full-body interval workout out of those commercial breaks.
4. Change Your Perspective
Change your perspective from the couch potato mentality to that of an athlete. While it may sound challenging, it’s not a big leap when you start small. For example, you can view it as something that will make you stronger after giving birth.
Shift your thinking that exercise is a blessing, not a sacrifice. If you work out and meet people as you work out, you may even take inspiration from them.
If possible, try not to motor your way through life. Time-saving devices, like elevators and dishwashers, save more time but they also prevent you from burning calories. Why not change your perspective to work out by turning your chores into exercise.
Related: Does Fitness Increase Success?
Accept that there will be a day or two when you miss your workout. You don’t have to be guilty over those missed sessions in the gym. Instead, be more prepared mentally to deal with your setbacks. It’s just a misstep. Don’t let that be your excuse to give up!
Stop feeling guilty even for the foods you eat or acknowledge your emotion, but don’t dwell on it too long. Just consider it as a pause and reflect on why you feel guilty.
Find people – friends, neighbors, or co-workers – who will encourage you to stay on track. You are not in this goal alone. You can have them as your cheering squad or you can work out together. Exercise with your loved ones or play soccer with your kids.
You may even organize a fitness class with your neighbors or work out together virtually during this pandemic. Doing these will set you up for a lifetime of better health, more energy, and more happiness for everything else in your life! You can even collaborate or compete against others, whether over Zoom or in-person with family or roommates.
And remember, if their helpful reassurance turned into criticism towards your fitness goal, gently remind them that you don’t need the nagging.
7. Be Kind to Yourself
One of the best strategies for staying motivated to exercise regularly is to be kind to yourself. Don’t attempt to power through or beat yourself up if your drive to move is low right now. Give it time to get through the moment and do whatever you need to do.
If you still can’t muster the energy to exercise for a day or a week, consider giving yourself some grace. You are not throwing in the towel to work out, but just focusing more on staying happy, sufficiently fit, and healthy (physically, mentally, and emotionally) at the moment to compete again or exercise again.
Just make sure you stay accountable with the goals you’ve earlier set, even if only to yourself.
8. Stop Focusing on The Scale
Focusing on the scale can be discouraging and frustrating since your weight can fluctuate and it’s not like you will see an immediate result after just one workout. So, don’t focus on the scale but on your accomplishments instead.
This doesn’t mean, however, that you won’t track your progress. Whether you do it in an old-school fitness journal or online, it is best to chart your workouts so you see the improvements. By tracking your progress, you know whether you are doing more reps than before, running faster, or exercising more often. All these will help you want to keep going.
If you still want to gain weight fast and safely, you can eat more calories than what your body burns. Eating plenty of protein will also be helpful as muscle is made of protein. You can take high-protein foods or take high-quality protein powder.
After working out or achieving a goal, treat yourself. Choose rewards, such as a massage, a ball game, a new outfit, get a tattoo, get professional photos taken, or whatever you enjoy!
But if you want to reward yourself wisely while continuing to aim high on your health journey, you may consider getting new workout gear, see a movie (action movie to pump you up or comedy movie to increase your dopamine), go snowboarding, or hit the beach to get some vitamin D.
10. Use Visualization
One of the best ways to jumpstart your motivation for working out regularly can be found in the simple practice of visualization. Often times, we see exercise as something to dread, or as a painful experience.
However, if you can intentionally visualize yourself enjoying exercising, you can dramatically increase the odds of your taking action to start doing it.
So, the next time you feel less than motivated to get to the gym, just close your eyes for a few seconds, and visualize yourself breaking a healthy sweat in the gym. You’ll be amazed at how much more inclined you’ll be to follow through and start exercising.
Related: Health is Wealth
We hope you’ve regained your enthusiasm to get moving by reading these tips. We encourage you to make small, incremental changes to your exercise routine as they will altogether add up to big results.
We understand that the pandemic may have drained some of your motivation to exercise, but it should also be the reason why you should not ditch your workout routine. After all, nothing is more important nowadays than everyone’s health.
Strive to be a better you!
PS – If you enjoyed this article about finding the motivation to exercise, you’ll likely enjoy this health guide with tips on how to get and stay healthy.
DAVID GOGGINS NET WORTH
SELF-DISCIPLINE TIPS: THE BEST 7 WAYS TO IMPROVE SELF-DISCIPLINE
THE ED MYLETT SUCCESS STORY
THE 5 MINDSETS FOR SUCCESS YOU SHOULD DEVELOP A.S.A.P.
NO GUTS, NO GLORY QUOTES
75+ MOTIVATIONAL MICHAEL JORDAN QUOTES FOR SUCCESS
DAVE RAMSEY’S NET WORTH + HOW HE BECAME SO RICH
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2022)
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE SUCCESS
20 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-CONFIDENCE AND IMPROVE SELF-ESTEEM (2022)
25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS THAT ACTUALLY WORK
100+ BADASS HARD WORK QUOTES TO FIRE UP YOUR WORK ETHIC
100+ PURPOSE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
100 INSPIRING COURAGE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FEEL COURAGEOUS
HOW TO MAKE MONEY WHILE YOU SLEEP AND NOT WORK UNTIL YOU DIE
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. If you’ve ever asked yourself,...
10 REASONS BUILDING AN ONLINE BUSINESS IS A GOOD INVESTMENT
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. Have you ever asked yourself,...
5 MILLIONAIRE SUCCESS HABITS THAT CAN ACTUALLY MAKE YOU RICH
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. These days anyone can become...
BEST WORKOUT APPS AND DIGITAL FITNESS PROGRAMS
This review for best workout apps may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. Are...
Self-Discipline7 months ago
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2022)
Quotes11 months ago
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE SUCCESS
Confidence10 months ago
20 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-CONFIDENCE AND IMPROVE SELF-ESTEEM (2022)
Motivation1 month ago
25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS THAT ACTUALLY WORK
Motivation1 year ago
100 INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
Quotes11 months ago
100+ BADASS HARD WORK QUOTES TO FIRE UP YOUR WORK ETHIC
Inspiration3 months ago
100+ PURPOSE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
Quotes2 years ago
55 POWER QUOTES TO HELP YOU FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS
Confidence11 months ago
100 INSPIRING COURAGE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FEEL COURAGEOUS
Quotes4 days ago
NO GUTS, NO GLORY QUOTES
Quotes11 months ago
100+ MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES TO HELP YOU NEVER GIVE UP
Motivation11 months ago
TOP 100 SUCCESS AND MOTIVATIONAL BLOGS FOR 2022