If you’re looking for some motivational or inspiring no excuses quotes, then this page is for you. Before we get into these quotes, this is important to know…
Unsuccessful people almost always have this one habit in common; it’s the habit of making excuses. Some call this malady excusistis, which is a predisposition that leads people search out and find an excuse for just about everything that happens to them. It’s a serious ailment, and it’s the trademark of the unsuccessful person.
But the successful, well, they make little to no excuses. They always find a way. And that’s what we intend to inspire more of on this page. As such, we’re publishing some of most inspiring no excuses quotes. Our hope is that they’ll inspire you to fully embrace the no excuses attitude, and as a result, help you become a more successful person. With that said, let’s dive into this powerful collection of no excuses quotes:
75+ BEST NO EXCUSES QUOTES
1. “You will find that the more successful the individual, the less inclined he is to make excuses.” – David J. Schwartz
2. “He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.” – Benjamin Franklin
3. “Excuses are the lies you convince yourself are true to avoid proving you are worthy of the gift you were given. Say this with me, no more excuses.” – Steve Harvey
4. “It’s easier to go from failure to success, than to go from excuse to success.” – John C. Maxwell
5. “We live in a world where a lot of people need goals, motivation, and a lot of other words to get started. It’s just a big excuse to not get started.” – David Goggins
“We live in a world where a lot of people need goals, motivation, and a lot of other words to get started. It’s just a big excuse to not get started.” – David GogginsTweet Quote
6. “There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interest in doing something, you do it only when it’s convenient. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.” – Kenneth Blanchard
7. “Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.” – Kobe Bryant
8. “When you have a goal, you have to do the work. No excuses.” – No Excuses Quote
9. “When you’re good at making excuses, it’s hard to excel at anything else.” – John L. Mason
10. “Excuses are lies wrapped up in reasons.” – Howard Right
11. “Be stronger than your excuses.” – Eric Thomas
12. “People with integrity do what they say they are going to do. Others have excuses.” – Laura Schlessinger
13. “It is wise to direct your anger towards problems—not people, to focus your energies on answers — not excuses.” – William Arthur Ward
14. “You can have results or you can have your excuses. You cannot have both.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
15. “Excuses are the currency that allow you to not act.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
16. “Quit making excuses. What we’re really talking about here is commitment. Until you make a commitment to your dream, it’s not a commitment at all. It’s just another fantasy. And fantasies don’t come true because they’re not real, we’re not committed to them. When we make commitments, they become dreams. And dreams are very real.” – Rudy Ruettiger
17. “If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn
18. “No excuses. No explanations.” – Tony Dungy
19. “Don’t make excuses, make changes.” – Les Brown
20. “It’s better to offer no excuse than a bad one.” – George Washington
21. “A lot of people annoy the hell out of me by not working to their full potential, being lazy and making excuses for their lot in life.” – David Goggins
22. “Good leaders don’t make excuses. Instead, they figure out a way to get it done.” – Jocko Willink
23. “Every vice has its excuse ready.” – Publilius Syrus
24. “When you are willing to replace mundane excuses with hard work and your laziness with determination, nothing can prevent you from succeeding.” – Prem Jagyasi
25. “I attribute my success to this – I never gave or took any excuse.” – Florence Nightingale
“I attribute my success to this – I never gave or took any excuse.” – Florence NightingaleTweet Quote
26. “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” – Derek Jeter
27. “I suggest that you become obsessed about the things you want; otherwise, you are going to spend a lifetime being obsessed with making up excuses as to why you didn’t get the life you wanted.” – Grant Cardone
28. “Lazy people are full of excuses and will say anything to avoid taking action.” – Darell Reynolds
29. “I had a mother who would never allow herself to be a victim no matter what happened… Never made excuses, and she never accepted an excuse from us. And if we ever came up with an excuse, she always said, “Do you have a brain?” And if the answer was yes, then she said, “Then you could have thought your way out of it.” – Ben Carson
30. “Excuses are the nails used to build the house of failure.” – Jim Rohn
31. “Someone may have all the technical knowledge, scientific intellect and business know-how but when he- she decides to choose laziness, excuses, procrastination, complaining and other bad attitudes, his- her relevance is meaningless.” – Israelmore Ayivor
32. “Never make excuses. Your friends don’t need them and your foes won’t believe them.” – John Wooden
33. “Discipline is what you must have to resist the lure of excuses.” – Brian Tracy
34. “Difficulty is the excuse history never accepts.” – Edward R. Murrow
35. “Maturity is when you stop complaining and making excuses, and start making changes.” – Roy T. Bennett
“Maturity is when you stop complaining and making excuses, and start making changes.” – Roy T. BennettTweet Quote
Related: How to Stop Making Excuses
36. “There are only two options: make progress or make excuses.” – Tony Robbins
37. “If you want to be rich, don’t allow yourself the luxury of excuses.” – Robert Kiyosaki
38. “Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anyone else expects of you. Never excuse yourself.” – Henry Ward Beecher
39. “An excuse is nothing more than a self-imposed roadblock.” – C.C. Chapman
40. “Winners deliver results. Losers deliver excuses.” – Darren Hardy
41. “If you’re not achieving the results you want; it’s time to put an end to excuses.” – Carthage Buckley
42. “No excuses ever, for anyone; that is my principle at the outset. I deny the good intention, the respectable mistake, the indiscretion, the extenuating circumstance. With me there is no giving of absolution or blessing.” – Albert Camus
43. “No one every excused his way to success.” – Dave Del Dotto
44. “No excuses. No apologies. No regrets.” – Brian Kinney
45. “Don’t make excuses — make good.” – Elbert Hubbard
46. “The only person who is truly holding you back is you. No more excuses. It’s time to change. It’s time to live life at a new level.” – Tony Robbins
47. “If you really want to do it, you do it. There are no excuses.” – Bruce Nauman
48. “Leadership is taking responsibility while others are making excuses.” – John C. Maxwell
49. “When we argue for out limitations we get to keep them.” – Les Brown
50. “Excuses will always be there for you, opportunity won’t.” – Anonymous
51. “Remember, the best job goes to the person who can get it done without passing the buck or coming back with excuses.” – Napoleon Hill
52. “There are no good excuses. There are no good reasons.” – Eric Thomas
53. “Once your excuses are gone, you will simply have to settle for being awesome.” – Lorii Myers
54. “No limbs. No limits. No excuses.” – Nick Vujicic
55. “The only thing an excuse gives you is an option out of the life you’d like to live.” – Wayne Dyer
“The only thing an excuse gives you is an option out of the life you’d like to live.” – Wayne DyerTweet Quote
56. “Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable.” – Zig Ziglar
57. “Excuses don’t help make things better, they only offer a rationale to avoid trying.” – Simon Sinek
58. “Whatever you want to do, go do it.” – Ray Lewis
59. “When you stop making excuses and you work hard and go hard you will be very successful.” – DJ Khalid
60. “A loss is not a failure until you make an excuse.” – Michael Jordan
61. The death of success begins with a series of symptoms called Excuses.” – Brendon Burchard
62. “If you’re gonna quit anything, quit making excuses.” – Mel Robbins
63. “No excuses. If you haven’t achieved your dreams, it’s your fault.” – Darren Hardy
64. “Success is what comes after your stop making excuses. – Luis Galarza
65. “Excuses are the words coming from the loser in you.” – Robert Kiyosaki
66. “Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.” – George Washington Carver
67. “It’s not wanting to win that makes you a winner; it’s refusing to fail.” – Peyton Manning
68. “Take responsibility for your last bad decision, and then let it go. Don’t blame others or make excuses for yourself.” – Deepak Chopra
69. “Your struggle is not your excuse, it’s your ammunition.” – Chris Gardner
70. “Make adjustments, not excuses.” – Daymond John
71. “I refuse to accept anything less than 100% of what I can achieve.” – Will Smith
72. “Some may have more talent than you, but there is no excuse for anyone working harder than you.” – Lionel Messi
73. “Until a person takes responsibility for where he is, there is no basis for moving on. The bad news is that the past was in your hands, but the good news is that the future, my friend, is also in your hands.” – Andy Andrews
74. “Work hard and never make excuses.” – Master P
75. “Luck and destiny are the excuses of the world’s failures.” – Henry Ford
76. “I am not big on excuses.” – Mark Cuban
Bonus No Excuses Quote
Bonus: Alright, here is our final No excuses quote to inspire you to kick the habit of excuse making to the curb. It cuts to chase and hits hard, so enjoy.
We hope you enjoyed this collection of No Excuses quotes. May they inspire you to stop making excuses and start taking action.
Till next time,
PS – If you enjoyed these No Excuses Quotes, then you’ll love these quotes to help you take more action.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE
So you want to change your life?
I don’t know how you ended up on this website, reading these words, but I do know you are looking for something.
Maybe your back is against the wall, and you decided to google “How to change your life”?
Maybe you are stuck, maybe you tried to change your life, but things got hard, so you quit.
Maybe you are stuck in limbo, you are doing ok, but you can’t seem to get that breakthrough that you are looking for.
The reality of changing your life is that it’s easier said than done. Is it possible to change your life? Yes, it’s possible to embrace self-improvement and totally transform your life.
However, many people fail to change their lives in a meaningful way. But why do they fail? More importantly, how can we avoid failure and get the life we want?
Today I’m going to answer those questions. Let’s take a look at how you can start changing your life today:
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE TODAY, AND FOR GOOD
1. Stop Being A Dabbler
What is a dabbler? Two dictionary definitions say the following:
“A person who follows a pursuit without attaining proficiency or professional status”
“One not deeply engaged in or concerned with something.”
These are formal definitions of what a dabbler is, but let’s look at a more simple explanation of what dabbling with life means in terms of you changing your life.
To do this, let’s look at an analogy. Let’s imagine for a minute that the game of life is a river. A very cold river, and to play the game of life requires you to get in the water and swim.
But what do most people do when they try to change their lives? They walk up to the river of life and put their foot in the water to feel how cold it is.
They soon realize the water is freezing and that stream is quite strong. So they take out their foot and go back to their warm homes. Then they can tell everyone that they tried, but it didn’t work out.
But let me tell you the reality of the game of life. The people that win don’t dabble. They go all in. They do not do half-measures. They jump into the cold icy water and immerse themselves. They calm themselves, breathe, and start swimming to the other side. They are committed to doing whatever it takes to reach their goals and live the life of their dreams.
You have to commit and stop dabbling. This is the only way to change your life.
2. Find Specialized Knowledge
There is an old saying, “Standing on the shoulders of giants.”This is exactly what you need to do to go to the next level in life.
You need to realize that you don’t need to reinvent everything. You can listen and learn from the greatest minds that ever walked this planet. You can also find specialized knowledge in whatever field you work in to speed up your growth and development.
We are very fortunate to have knowledge and experience at our fingertips. The internet made it possible for us to find knowledge like this website you are reading now, with a simple google search. Suddenly you are exposed to powerful ideas that have the potential to plant seeds in your mind that can transform your life.
So don’t try to go it alone, you must invest in yourself by reading blogs, books, online courses, etc. To be competitive in this modern world you need to take your self-education very seriously. Socrates was right when he said, “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
3. Use Your Past Pain
Don’t ever forget that your greatest success will be found in your greatest pain, disappointments, and heartbreaks. This might sound crazy to many but it’s the truth.
Go look at some of the greatest people that ever walked this planet and most of them would say that the thing that sparked it all for them was some kind of pain or trauma from their past.
Your past should not be something you are obsessed about, but if it’s channeled correctly, it has the power to drive you to excel in whatever field you choose to go into.
The most powerful forces in the human mind are pain and pleasure. Advertisers know this very well. So don’t totally push down your past.
Find something that you can look at from your past and allow it to fuel you. Allow it to drive you to work when others are sleeping. Let it give you the hunger to do work when others are partying. Become that guy or girl that leads the way, by channeling that energy so that it transforms your life.
4. Do The Work When No One Is Watching
Most people who try to change their lives fail because they run out of steam when their initial motivation fades. Because here is the reality: When you start your mission to change your life, you will get very excited. Maybe you read a book, watched a movie, or found some other motivation. So you got so excited that you went out there and told the world that you will change.
So you take that excitement, and you start your first day, and then the first week goes by. But soon, that excitement starts to fade, and you feel the initial motivation disappearing like a ghost at night.
So here is the question that you must ask yourself because I promise you it will happen to you: What are you going to do when the lights go off and it’s just you? When everyone’s out partying and having a great time, and you are alone working. What are you going to do? Are you going to call it a day because you feel lonely or uncomfortable?
The people that overcome this reality know that this initial excitement will fade when the reality of hard work confronts them, they are ready for it.
How do they overcome it? Well, they all have the tools that they can get. They make vision boards so that their vision is constantly in their minds. They create morning rituals to give them momentum into the day. They write down their goals every morning and evening. They do all these things to constantly remind themselves why they do what they do. They do all of this, and they find ways to develop their mental fortitude so that they keep moving forward when the going gets tough.
The human mind has the potential to be an incredible soldier for you if you train it correctly and use self- discipline to control it. But if you allow your mind to aimlessly drift when you are supposed to be doing the work then you will fail.
5. Who Dares Wins
You have probably heard the words “Who Dares Wins.” These famous words are the motto of the British Special Air Service or SAS. The SAS is the United Kingdom’s Elite Special Operations Unit. The first time I heard their motto, “Who Dares Wins,” I realized these guys are sharing with us the truth of winning in life.
This truth is a reality that many miss or refuse to accept. The reality is this: If you want to change your life or reach your goals, then you must be willing to step out of your comfort zone and take calculated risks.
I’m not saying you should do reckless or stupid things, I’m saying you should step into areas of life that make you uncomfortable. This is the only way to get what you want.
It was Einstein who once said, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” Einstein was 100% correct with these words, you can’t expect to change your life if you keep on doing the exact same things over and over.
Step out of your comfort zone and remember, “Who dares wins.”
6. Become A Professional
There is one final piece to this puzzle of changing your life, and it’s the following non-negotiable reality:
You must become a professional. What do I mean by being a professional? It means you must change all aspects of how you conduct yourself. You must reject mediocrity and embrace excellence.
If you want to make your dreams a reality, then you must transform who you are at the deepest level. That means raising your standards in everything you do. That is the core of being a professional.
At a more practical level, a professional conducts himself at a very high standard. A professional lives a disciplined life. He or she has their days, weeks, and months planned out. They don’t wake up and ask themselves, “What am I doing today?”. No, this is not how a professional operates.
If you want to know how a professional conducts himself look at some of the greatest sports professionals that walked the earth. Look at Michael Jordan, Kobe, and Tom Brady. Those guys weren’t just competitive on the field but also off it.
When they weren’t playing or practicing, they would study other sports to get better with their own game. They would do everything they could to get an edge on their opponents. When others would sleep, they would be grinding, when others were partying, they found new ways to win. This might sound extreme, but this is what it takes to become great. This is what it takes to transform your life.
So how do you start this process of becoming a professional in the game of life? Most of you reading might be expecting a very complicated answer, but it’s not. It’s very simple but massively important:
You must realize that with every decision you make, you are competing. The decisions you make will shape your destiny. It’s the small daily actions that you take or don’t take that will make the biggest difference long-term.
Let’s look at some examples of daily choices that can make or break your success in life:
- Should I go to that party tonight?
- Should I eat this pizza?
- Should I sleep for another hour?
- Should I go for a run?
- Should I drink a few beers tonight?
- Should I make a few sales calls today?
- Should I write that essay?
- Should I take this weekend off?
- Should I take a break today?
These are the types of questions that seem like just normal everyday questions that run through your mind. But the reality is that these small daily, seemingly unimportant choices are shaping who you become.
Self-Discipline + Excellence
Remember, the actions you consistently take shape your future and the person you will become. And this brings us back to being professional. A professional consistently makes the right choices over a long period of time.
Sure, they make mistakes, but the majority of the time, they get guided by their iron self-discipline. This self-discipline is a culture of excellence in their lives. This culture gets built by being conscious of doing the small things right and consistently holding yourself to a higher standard than anyone could possibly expect.
A professional is the type of person who, when things are bad,and everyone would understand if he didnt show up, he still shows up and does whatever needs to be done. This is the mindset of being a real professional in life.
If you can mold yourself into becoming a professional, you will change your life. The transformation is inevitable because there is a very powerful force that controls this world, and it’s called cause and effect.
Once you embrace cause and effect, it becomes very hard to stop you. Once you become the cause of your world, the effect will become inevitable.
Now you need to ask yourself: What are you going to do? Are you going to accept mediocrity or step into excellence? Your choice!
You now know how to change your life. All you have to do is follow these guidelines. Remember, changing your life is a process that will take time to accomplish, but the decision to put this process in motion can happen in a second.
So, make a decision, take out a notebook, and write down what it is you want to do with your life. Then get up and start taking action on that first thing. It’s that simple. Start today!
RELENTLESS EFFORT: THE KEY TO MORE SUCCESS IN LIFE
Below is a short article about relentless effort, and it’s worth the read if you consider yourself a student of success. This post is also an important message that many people need to hear in this day and age. Not because they don’t value the message, but because they’ve yet to have anyone instruct them on the merits of effort.
Without a doubt, a great amount of people have been lied to over the years. They’ve been told that success should be easy, that they can expect a better life merely because they demand one. In short, way too many people have yet to be exposed to one of the truest “secrets” of success. So, that’s what I’ll be touching on in this post. So, if you’re ready learn about the true meaning of relentless effort and how embracing it can lead to more success, let’s dive in.
RELENTLESS EFFORT AND SUCCESS
When I was younger, I played sports. And I tried just about every one of them too; I tried basketball, baseball, track and field, you name it. However, out of all the sports I tried, my favorite sport ended up being football.
Now, I had some amazing mentors in the form of coaches in every sport. However, it was the coaches I had in football whose lesson’s would make the biggest impacts on me and my life.
So, how did these coaches go about doing this?
Well, these coaches ingrained in me and my teammates early on, an invaluable philosophy that revolved around character, integrity, team work, but most importantly…individual effort.
What Does Relentless Effort Mean?
However, before we go any further, let me quickly reveal exactly what relentless effort means so we are on the same page. Effort, by it’s very definition, is essentially a vigorous and determined attempt to achieve something. While relentless essentially means to be unceasing or to constantly applying.
Therefore, relentless effort ultimately means to be unceasing in one’s determined attempts to achieve something.
That said, our coaches would consistently communicate the importance of embracing mental toughness, which at it’s height, was a full out obsession with giving one’s all to a given end, all of the time.
They made it clear, that there was nothing more important then each player understanding that they were at all times obligated to always give every ounce of effort towards the execution of their individual responsibilities.
Their line of thinking was this; If you’re not willing to consistently give your best effort, how can you in good conscience, say you really want to win? How can you in good conscience say you deserve to win if you don’t?
And if you’re not willing to always do what’s right and do your best always, how can you say you’re a person of character and integrity? And lastly, if you’re not willing to give your best effort always and relentlessly, how can you honestly stand before your teammates, your tribe, your family, and say you truly have their back?
In short, they conveyed the following: relentless effort is everything.
The Magic of Relentless Effort
Now, there was this one year where our coaches philosophy culminated into the purchasing of a bunch of T-shirts with the letters MTXE printed across the front of them. And it was this bold Acronym that would effectively and succinctly sum up their philosophy.
“MTXE” stood for Mental Toughness Extra Effort.
Now, after investing in a ton of these shirts, the coaches gave one to each player on the team. And every player began to wear those shirts with pride. And as a result, each player began to embrace the philosophy of relentless effort as their own.
And not so surprisingly, the year my coaches did this, was the year our team, if by some stroke of magic, broke a 7-year losing streak; whereby we went on to beat some of the best teams in the state, won ourselves a district championship, only to be routed by a team that would become the eventual state champions, and the #1 ranked team in the country.
Was it the shirt that made the difference? Of course not.
However, what did make all the difference, was our team’s new focus and mindset.
We went from a team full of players who cared more about how cool they looked to their peers and the fans, to a team whose sole focus was on how much individual effort they could give to their role, and to a larger extent, their team.
As such, the DNA of our team changed almost overnight. And when we all fully embraced the value of effort, everything changed for us. To be sure, it was an eye-opening experience.
Related: How to Build Mental Toughness
The Value of Effort
With that being said, and with eyes having been opened from that early experience, I would also get taught the lesson of effort time and time again. During my early professional years, through extensive study, I would learn again from mentors, like Teddy Roosevelt, Jim Rohn, Earl Nightingale, Vince Lombardi, Robin Sharma, and Gary Vee, that effort is beyond valuable for seekers of success .
Of course, my education didn’t end there. The lessons of effort continued to grow for me as I attempted to emulate the effort levels of many professional athletes, the likes of Ray Lewis, Barry Sanders, Michael Jordan, Lebron James, …the Greats. And in doing so, what I realized was how powerful effort is in steering us towards the results we are after in life.
Such a philosophy has been integral to my past and continued successes in life. In every instance where I put in extraordinary levels of effort, I’ve always reaped amazing results.
Extra effort in my youth, led to me receiving multiple scholarship offers to play football for a handful of different schools.
When I added extra effort towards studying and prepping for the graduate entrance tests to get into a top university, I not only got admitted, but received multiple full-tuition paid fellowship offers.
“Effort is the Key to Unlocking Our Potential.”
When I put in the extra effort to create added value in the real estate I owned, I was able sell it for triple the value I purchased it for.
Similarly, the relentless effort I put in on the weekends and in my spare time to create side-hustle income on the internet always paid off as well.
And no, it was not right away, but slowly, gradually, assuredly, giving my best effort towards my goals has always paved the way.
Even while I was working for the man at a J.O.B. (of the many jobs I’ve held), full effort has always resulted in either a promotion or higher pay. Extra effort has been good to me.
In fact, I’d venture to say that applying extra effort will almost always provide you with results in equal proportion to the levels of effort you applied. And if you are in control of your effort, you are in control of your results. It truly is the best ingredient of success.
In other words, quality is never an accident. And the same can be said for getting the results we strive for. So, the quality and results we get, whether it be in sports, business, or life in general, is almost always a bi-product of our own intentional, unceasing, and determined efforts.
Indeed, through relentless effort, we can all be the architects of our own achievement. Yes, you can truly become a success in life, if you’ll back up your belief with relentless effort.
Till you reach your aims,
PS – If you enjoyed this post about extra effort as a philosophy for life and success, then you’ll enjoy this amazing list of quotes on effort.
35+ STRIVE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE THE LIFE YOU DESERVE
To strive means to make great efforts to achieve or obtain something. It means to struggle or fight vigorously; to battle or compete. It is a word that encompasses what many go through day in and day out as they pursue their most cherished goals and aims in life. Without a doubt, it is a powerful word, especially for those who are reaching for more in their lives. And if you are on this page, that person is likely you. As such, we created this page specifically about strive quotes and we are dedicating it to you.
So, fellow achiever, if you’re ready for some inspiration to keep you fighting for all the great things you deserve in life, then let’s dive in to these top quotes about striving.
BEST STRIVE QUOTES TO FOR ACHIEVING SUCCESS
1. “It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.” – Seneca
2. “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” – Albert Einstein
3. “To strive tirelessly and at all times to reach one’s goal – therein lies the secret of success.” – Anna Pavlova
4. “Don’t worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.” – Abraham Lincoln
5. “In this world, you only get what you grab for.” – Giovanni Boccaccio
6. “Life is so much more rewarding if you strive for something, rather than take what’s given to you on a plate.” – Amy Winehouse
7. “Ambition is your inner voice that tells you, you can, and should, strive to go beyond your circumstances or situation in life.” – Lloyd Blankfein
8. “On occasion we need to make a second effort – and a third effort, and a fourth effort, and as many degrees of effort as may be required to accomplish what we strive to achieve.” – Thomas S. Monson
9. “Infinite striving to be the best is man’s duty; it is its own reward. Everything else is in God’s hands.” – Gandhi
10. “There is no failure except in no longer trying.” – Elbert Hubbard
11. “If we are to be a really great people, we must strive in good faith to play a great part in the world.” – Theodore Roosevelt
12. “Even when it is not fully attained, we become better by striving for a higher goal.” – Viktor Frankl
13. “I don’t know what my calling is, but I want to be here for a bigger reason. So I strive to be like the greatest people who have ever lived.” – Will Smith
14. “I’m certainly not saying that my life is what success is all about. To me, success is the ongoing process of striving to become more.” – Anthony Robbins
15. “Achievement eventually befalls the person who never stops striving.” – Strive Quote
16. “Never be satisfied with less than your very best effort. If you strive for the top and miss, you’ll still ‘beat the pack.” – Gerald R. Ford
17. “I was taught to strive not because there were any guarantees of success but because the act of striving is in itself the only way to keep faith with life.” – Madeleine Albright
18. “If one advances confidently in the direction of one’s dreams, and endeavors to live the life which one has imagined, one will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” – Henry David Thoreau
19. “Once we get the things we are striving for, we rarely remain satisfied with them. The things are just the bait. Chasing after them forces us to evolve, and it is the evolution and not the rewards themselves that matters to us and to those around us. This means that for most people success is struggling and evolving as effectively as possible.” – Ray Dalio
20. “Mistakes are proof that you are trying.” – Anonymous
21. “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
22. “Success… seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
23. “God provides the wind, but man must raise the sails.” ―St. Augustine
24. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
25. “Sometimes a winner is a dreamer who just won’t quit.” – Rudy
26. “Always remember that striving and struggle precede success, even in the dictionary.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
27. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
28. “Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better.” – Pat Riley
29. “You are what you do, not what you say you do.” – Carl Jung
30. “We can not guarantee success, but we can strive to deserve it.” – George Washington
31. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
32. “All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
33. “The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.” – Moliere
34. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
35. “Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted.” – David Bly
“Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted.” – David BlyTweet Quote
36. “If you strive for excellence, success will follow.” – Shreya Ghoshal
37. “A vision on its own is not enough. Hard work and dedication is required to make that vision a reality.” – Strive Masiyiwa
38. “We all have wounds, but you can’t let that be an excuse to sit on the sidelines. Sometimes in life you have to play in pain.” – Joel Olsteen
39. “God always strives together with those who strive.” – Aeschylus
40. “Success is always possible for the person who just keeps striving.” – The STRIVE
41. “Throughout the more than 40 years Virgin has been in business we have been continuously striving – striving to deliver wonderful products and services, striving to make a positive difference, striving to change people’s life for the better. Had we not kept striving, we certainly wouldn’t be where we are today.” – Richard Branso
42. “Be a lot, do a lot, do a lot have a lot. ” – Myron Golden
43. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
Bonus Strive Quote
Bonus: Out of our entire collection of striving quotes, this one is by far our favorite. We believe it encompasses everything that needs to be said about striving for success. Enjoy!
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt
“The credit belongs to the man who is in the arena whos face is marred by dust and sweat and blood.” – Theodore RooseveltTweet Quote
Takeaways From These Strive Quotes
We hope you enjoyed these strive quotes. Their purpose is to encourage you to stay hell bent on reaching your aims, because that’s what it will take to achieve them.
With that being said, here are some takeaways from these strive quotes:
- Success eventually comes to those who strive hard
- Strive not to be a success but rather to be of value
- Striving doesn’t guarantee success, but shows how deserving you are
- To strive is to reach, and you can’t obtain if you don’t reach
So, keep trying (hard), keep attempting, continue to endeavor, to aim, and make those great efforts towards your goals. Because it is only through dogged persistence, extra effort, and exerting oneself continuously that we move on to better things. Now go out and get what you deserve.
Till you reach your aims,
PS – If you enjoyed these quotes about striving, then you’ll love these quotes about hustling.
25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS THAT ACTUALLY WORK
Have you ever came across a quote or mantra from someone that left you feeling motivated to achieve all of your dreams? Have you ever uttered the words “nothing will stop me this time,” but then all of a sudden, that urge to improve yourself or your business vanishes within just a few short days?
Well, it’s okay if this has happened to you. I believe almost all of us have been there at some point in our lives; I certainly know I have. The fact of the matter is the juice runs out. The motivation that we had after hearing those inspiring words eventually starts to run thin, leaving us with nothing but fatigue and disinterest to continue the grinding and hard work that chasing our dream requires.
Fortunately not all mantras have this effect. Some mantras actually work. There have been numerous amounts of famous people who have had accredited their success to a daily mantra. For instance, Steve Jobs would wake up every morning and ask: “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?” Ben Franklin would wake up everyday and ask the question: “What good shall I do today?”
So to help you stay motivated to continue chasing all of your dreams, I’ve compiled a list of the 25 best motivational mantras for success that will actually work for you long term.
Here they are:
25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS FOR SUCCESS THAT WORK
Mantra 1: You Didn’t Come This Far to Only Come This Far
This is one of the best motivational mantras as it is a great reminder of how far we have come. By waking up every morning and repeating this mantra, you remind yourself of all the success that you have had in your life and that you are ready to tackle the day.
Without a doubt, this mantra for success will help us realize that if we were to quit, as we all have a tendency to do from time to time, how much we would actually be giving up.
Mantra 2: You Get What You Focus On
This mantra keeps our minds focused on what is important. So often we have a tendency to fall into the trap of having very negative thoughts, or constantly watching negative news feeds, both of which can ultimately consumes us.
New York Times bestselling author Marcus Buckingham’s once stated, “What you focus on expands.” So, keep this quote in mind when you use this success mantra. And, if repeated daily, how it can help you create thoughts of positivity and success in your life, every day of your life.
Mantra 3: You Can Find an Excuse or You Can Find a Way
In every crisis, you have two options: keep going or give up. Usually, if we choose to keep going we are able to overcome whatever obstacle lies before us. However, if we choose to make excuses for our misfortunes or every minor setback, we ultimately may end up throwing in the towel.
So, use this motivational mantra for success to dust off when life tries to knock you down and KMF(Keep Moving Forward).
Mantra 4: Wake Up. Kick Ass. Be Kind
I love the simplicity of this mantra. Despite its simplicity however, it says it all. The ultimate goal in life is to be the best at whatever it is we do, which in return brings us satisfaction. But what brings us true lasting happiness however, is being kind.
Mantra 5: I’m Doing This for Me
All too often in life we get crippled by our fear of what other people think. We are often times so consumed with keeping others happy that we forget to chase our own aspirations. This mantra is not intended to promote selfishness, but to remind us that the best and only way to truly help others is to help ourselves first.
You matter, your dreams, goals and aspirations matter. So use this affirmation to remind yourself that its okay to do you.
Mantra 6: Action Conquers Fear
One of the pithiest yet powerful motivational mantras. This is one is a very simple, short and straight to the point mantra that says it all. Fear keeps us from achieving our dreams.
Overcoming fear often times requires action. Action can sometimes involve risk. But, the more often you force yourself to put yourself out there, the closer you’ll get to overcoming all that you fear.
Mantra 7: Yesterday You Said Tomorrow
How many times have you said “I’ll do it tomorrow.” One of our worst enemies is the notion that we have more time than we actually do. The best time to start is now. So, live in the moment and chase all of your dreams while you still can.
Mantra 8: Don’t Wish for It, Work for It
This mantra for success has the ability to get you out of your head anytime you drift off into the world of what could be. You know what you want, so there is no time for daydreaming about it. Instead, get to work. The difference between success and failure is the action that you take today.
Mantra 9: Excellence Does Not Require Perfection
When we are passionate about something, whether it be fitness, business, etc., failure and imperfections can drive us crazy. This mantra reminds us to not chase perfection, but instead excellence, so we can realize that failure is a big – if not the biggest – component of success.
Mantra 10: Our Intentions Create Our Reality
Believe it or not, we get exactly what we want in life, and we get exactly what we intend to get. The problem, however, is our thoughts are so negative that that’s what we bring into our life: negativity.
So, deploy this effective mantra for success. Start thinking positive and have the intentions of being great, and before you know it, you will be.
Mantra 11: If You’re Tired of Starting Over, Stop Giving Up
This is so true. I believe it is much easier to make something out of what you already have then to give up on all that you have accomplished and start over again in six months. If something isn’t quite working, make adjustments – but never give up.
Mantra 12: Know Your Limitations, and Defy Them
One of the most important aspects of success is knowing your limitations. When you know what you are weak at, you are able to come up with a plan to overcome those weaknesses. Don’t shy away from your weakness, but instead overcome all that you may struggle with.
Mantra 13: One Year Equals 365 Possibilities
I like this mantra because it insists that you focus on one day at a time. All too often we get overwhelmed by the bigger picture when we are far away from achieving what we set out to achieve. Focus on one day at a time, and you’ll get there.
Mantra 14: You Miss 100% of The Shots You Don’t Take
This quote is famous and might be a bit of a cliche at this point, but it is true. When we fail to capitalize on opportunities, or even worse, fail to pursue them in the first place, we throw away any chance we have of that being our big moment.
Mantra 15: It’s The Start That Stops Most People
The hardest thing to do is start. Often times, we look too far ahead and only see how far away we are. Instead, we should try and just make that first step. This inspiring mantra highlights the fact that we don’t need all of the answers, but what we do need is to at least take that first step.
Mantra 16: The Best Project You’ll Ever Work On Is You
If you want to improve your business, marriage, position at your company, etc., the best way to do it is to improve yourself first. It is important to work hard at what we want to accomplish, but we must never forget to work hard at improving ourselves as well.
Mantra 17: Work Harder
Motivational mantras won’t work, unless you do. This mantra is simple and straight to the point: work harder. If we aren’t where we want to be with fitness, relationships, etc., the best solution, and sometimes the only solution, is to work harder. Working harder is never a bad solution.
Mantra 18: Things Don’t Happen to Me, They Happen for Me
This mantra will keep you following into the mentality of a victim. Where you are in life has nothing to do with luck, or fate or anything. Instead, it has everything to do with what you are allowing to happen in your life. Let things happen for you and quit waiting for things to come to you.
Mantra 19: Tough Times Don’t Last; Tough People Do
This mantra will keep you from giving up when times are tough. A tough person will always overcome tough times. So be tough and don’t give up when things aren’t going they way you expect them to go. Just continue to push on, and you’ll get to where you want to be.
Mantra 20: I Am Capable. I Am Strong. I Believe in Myself
This positive affirmation brings you to think about all the good things about yourself. In a world that can be cruel and full of negativity, this mantra allows you to block all that out so you can focus on being the best you everyday of your life.
Mantra 21: Don’t Be Afraid to Be Great
Sometimes we may think that we don’t deserve success. We may think that we weren’t born to be successful, and people who are successful are different. This couldn’t be farther from the truth and that is what this mantra affirms. You can be great, and you will be great if you persevere and work hard.
Mantra 22: You Can Have Anything You Want If You Give Up The Belief That You Can’t Have It
The mistake we fall into a lot of times is the thought that we can’t have this or can’t have that. The fact of the matter is if we work hard and dedicate ourselves, we can have anything we want. Whether it is a fitness, business or relationship goal, we can achieve it.
“You can have anything you want if you give up the belief that you can’t have it.”Tweet This Mantra
Mantra 23: Nothing Will Work Unless You Do
The beauty of life is that we can have almost anything if we work hard for it. However, this mantra helps us to realize that the opposite is true; If we don’t work, nothing will. So the next time you feel being lazy, this mantra can help you stay motivated.
Mantra 24: What Would You Attempt to Do If You Knew You Could Not Fail?
Out of all of these motivating mantras for success, this one actually allows you to actually answer it directly. Every morning when you wake up, answer this hypothetical question, and then follow through with the answer by living it out daily.
This mantra keeps us from falling into the pits of failure and allows us to go through our day with the confidence that we will succeed in whatever we aim to do.
Mantra 25: There’s Plenty of Time to Rest When You’re Dead
Although the last of these motivational mantras may seem dark, it helps us to realize that we don’t live forever. Use it to accomplish everything you ever dreamed of and hold nothing back because we are not here for forever. If you have ambitions, chase them and don’t ever rest until the goal is completed.
Don’t Be Afraid to Chase Your Dreams
“Don’t be afraid to chase your dreams. Use these 25 motivational mantras to help you go out and chase yours.” Tweet This
Hopefully these motivational mantras will move you to go out and to chase your dreams. Many, if not most, successful people in this world have a go-to mantra they refer to whenever times get tough. Some successful people will even repeat their mantra to themselves throughout each day.
I urge you to choose a success mantra, whether it be from this list or one you came up with yourself, and use it to inspire you throughout your journey.
Most importantly, remember that it isn’t the mantra that defines you, it is the action that YOU take. So be proactive and go get what rightfully belongs to you: success.
So whether your dream is to lose 20 pounds by new years, get the promotion you’ve anxiously been waiting for, or have the business you’ve been trying to grow finally take off, I encourage you to do your best to make that happen.
PS – Motivational mantras for success are highly effective, but if you really want to stay motivated to achieve your goals and dreams, this tool will keep you motivated and on track.
HOW TO USE MUSIC FOR PRODUCTIVITY
Music has a direct line to your emotions. Who needs drugs or stimulants when you can just take it in the ears? As impactful as any drug, music can have an immediate effect on how you feel. In fact, if you’re listening to the right songs, you can leverage music for productivity.
In an instant, the right song can trigger emotions that either energize or depress you. Tranquil instrumental music helps me write, while hip-hop gets me hyped to hit the gym. In this article, you’re going to learn how music can help you push through adversity, recuperate from stress, and be more productive.
Music Soothes Anxiety
Music is patterns, rhythmic patterns to be exact. When you successfully anticipate what you’ll hear next, your brain feels like a know-it-all about the future. It thinks to itself, “Hey, if I know what’s coming up, there’s no reason to feel anxious.”
Have you ever wondered why children’s music and nursery rhymes are like crack to kids, while most adults can stand them? The patterns in the music are too easy for adults to predict, so they get bored. Their brains are yawning.
Kids, on the other hand, love nursery rhymes because they get a kick out of figuring out what comes next.
Picking the Right Music For Productivity is Key
How are You Feeling Right Now?
Music can take you wherever you want to go as long as you know where you’re starting. It’s a “point A” to “point B” kind of thing.
SAD to HAPPY
HAPPY to SAD
ENERGETIC to CHILL
CHILL to ENERGETIC
You have to be in tune with how you’re feeling, and when you are, music can be a powerful tool.
The Right Music for the Right Occasion
What type of music do you listen to when you’re trying to fall asleep? To go from pumped-up to chilled-out, you should be playing a song that’s mellow, slow, and soothing. Want to take it all the way to dreamland? Keep it calm and instrumental. Lyrics make your brain feel like someone’s trying to get your attention. , 
Fast-tempo instrumental music is best for crushing work and staying on the productivity train. The fast pace takes you from relaxed to energized. Once again, lyrics can be distracting. When I’m trying to write, I don’t listen to the same rap music that pumps me up for a game of basketball. Those two activities require different mindsets for me to perform well.
Reduce Mental Friction
Ask yourself how you feel when you’re doing your best work. Are your thoughts flowing freely or are you distracted and stifled?
Doing quality work is about reducing mental friction. Get the junk out of the way, the worrying about the outcome, the distractions, and you’ll have an easier time getting in the flow.
Make a List
Create a list of music that you can use in different situations. Remember, the same type of music that gets you in the zone when you’re happy won’t necessarily work when you’re feeling depressed. Make four categories.
LOW-ENERGY to HIGH-ENERGY
HIGH-ENERGY to LOW-ENERGY
SAD TO HAPPY
HAPPY TO HAPPIER
Fill each category with ten artists and then make four separate playlists with your favorite songs. The next time you need inspiration, they’ll be waiting in the wings, ready to go.
If you’re the kind of person whose mood changes throughout the day, your list will have a wider variety of musical styles and emotional tones. Finding what works for you is a process of trial and error.
Want To Maximize The Effect Music Has On You?
Move! Dancing happens when you let your body respond to the rhythm of the song without your brain getting in the way. I find that when I can’t get my creative juices flowing, I can break through that early mental resistance by letting my body loose first.
Hollywood director Roberto Rodriguez was interviewed on the Tim Ferriss Show podcast a couple of years ago. On the topic of creative flow, he said that his primary job when directing is to help the actors “get out of their own way.” According to Rodriguez, creativity is something that flows through you rather than comes from you. (If you end up listening to the podcast episode, he discusses creativity from [14:31] to [21:41].
To be productive, you have to clear the way for the magic to happen. Dancing can be as simple as tapping your feet and bobbing your head. You don’t have to full-out bust-a-move to break-a-leg, but don’t sell yourself short either. The music can only transform you as much as you let it.
So let it!
Best Music For Productivity
Here’s a quick and easy collection of some of the best music for productivity. Each video is broken down by the type of music you’ll be getting. Enjoy
Ambient Music For Productivity
Video Credit: Quiet Quest (Subscribe Here)
Chill Creativity + Productivity Music
Video Credit: Secession Studios (Subscribe Here)
Upbeat Pop Music For Productivity
Video Credit: Mood Melodies (Subscribe Here)
High Energy Rap Music For Productivity
Video Credit: Trap Workout Music (Subscribe Here)
Music For Motivation and Productivity
Video Credit: Musique D’entrainement (Subscribe Here)
Before I started making playlists for different occasions, I usually ended up not even playing music. Whenever I was pressed for time, it was too hard to pull myself away from the task at hand to decide what to play.
When I would finally pick something, half the time the music would annoy me by distracting and slowing me down. Now, I have my hand-dandy playlists ready to rock, and kicking it into high gear is as easy as pressing play.
Hope this post motivates you to make your own productivity playlist. And don’t hesitate to use the list above until you do.
Till you reach your aims,
PS – If you enjoyed this write-up on using music for productivity, then chances are high, you’ll enjoy this post on the best motivational rap songs
SIMPLE SELF-DISCIPLINE STRATEGIES FOR YOUR SUCCESS
BEST GRATITUDE QUOTES TO INSPIRE A BEAUTIFUL LIFE
50+ INSPIRATIONAL MASTER P QUOTES FOR SUCCESS
100+ INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES ABOUT SUCCESS AND ACHIEVEMENT
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE
MASTER P’S NET WORTH + HOW MUCH HIS WEALTH COULD EASILY MAKE HIM
35+ KEN HONDA QUOTES TO IMPROVE YOUR MONEY MINDSET
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2022)
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE SUCCESS
20 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-CONFIDENCE AND IMPROVE SELF-ESTEEM (2022)
25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS THAT ACTUALLY WORK
100+ BADASS HARD WORK QUOTES TO FIRE UP YOUR WORK ETHIC
100+ PURPOSE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
100 INSPIRING COURAGE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FEEL COURAGEOUS
HOW TO MAKE MONEY WHILE YOU SLEEP AND NOT WORK UNTIL YOU DIE
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. If you’ve ever asked yourself,...
10 REASONS BUILDING AN ONLINE BUSINESS IS A GOOD INVESTMENT
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. Have you ever asked yourself,...
5 MILLIONAIRE SUCCESS HABITS THAT CAN ACTUALLY MAKE YOU RICH
This article may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. These days anyone can become...
BEST HEATH OPTIMIZER APP AND DIGITAL FITNESS PROGRAMS
This health optimizer app review may contain links from our partners. Please read how we make money for more info. Are you...
Self-Discipline7 months ago
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2022)
Quotes11 months ago
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE SUCCESS
Confidence10 months ago
20 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-CONFIDENCE AND IMPROVE SELF-ESTEEM (2022)
Motivation3 weeks ago
25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS THAT ACTUALLY WORK
Motivation1 year ago
100 INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
Quotes11 months ago
100+ BADASS HARD WORK QUOTES TO FIRE UP YOUR WORK ETHIC
Inspiration3 months ago
100+ PURPOSE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
Quotes2 years ago
55 POWER QUOTES TO HELP YOU FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS
Confidence11 months ago
100 INSPIRING COURAGE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FEEL COURAGEOUS
Quotes2 years ago
NO GUTS, NO GLORY
Quotes10 months ago
100+ MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES TO HELP YOU NEVER GIVE UP
Motivation11 months ago
TOP 100 SUCCESS AND MOTIVATIONAL BLOGS FOR 2022