100+ INSPIRING QUOTES ABOUT MOVING ON FROM THE PAST
If you’re looking for a few words of encouragement or some helpful quotes about moving on from the past, then this page is for you. We pulled this page together because chances are you’ve experienced your fair share of hardships, and heartbreaks in the past. Experiences that have caused you pain and suffering, but that you have yet to let go.
So, if you are still afraid of the unknown, or uncertain about what the future holds for you, that’s okay, because these handful of quotes about moving on will help you push through those dark clouds of your past so you can finally get moving towards your better and brighter future.
With that said, if you’re ready for some inspiring words to help you move on from you past for good, then let’s get started.
Best Quotes About Moving On From The Past
1. “One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you can’t change.” – Anonymous
2. “The past. It’s done. Move on.” – Anonymous
3. “Things change. Stuff happens. Life goes on.” – Elizabeth Scott
4. “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.” – Lao Tzu
5. “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one.” – Anonymous
“You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one.” – AnonymousTweet Quote
6. “Morning will come, it has not choice.” – Anonymous
7. “Sometimes you just have to turn the page to realize there is more to your book of life than the page you’re stuck on.” – Anonymous
8. “If someone keeps bringing you down, perhaps it’s time to leave.” – Karen Salmansohn
9. “A very wise man once told me that you can’t look back — you just have to put that past behind you, and find something better in your future.” – Jodi Picoult
10. “The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates
“The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – SocratesTweet Quote
11. “No matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.” – Maya Angelou
12. “If anyone hurts you, love him; it is the greatest revenge.” – Debasish Mrdidha
13. “Note to self: Nobody is worth stressing over. Move on, leave people behind and go find yourself. The world is your. Life goes on.” – Anonymous
14. “It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.” – Nicholas Sparks
15. “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” – Guy Finley
16. “Celebrate endings — for they precede new beginnings.” – Johnathan Lockwoode
17. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
18. “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” – Roy T. Bennett
19. “Don’t let your past kill your future.” – Anonymous
20. “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” – John Pierpont Morgan
“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” – John Pierpont MorganTweet Quote
21. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
22. “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” – T.S. Eliot
23. “It all starts with a small step.” – Anonymous
24. “Let today be the day you learn the grace of letting go and the power of moving on.” – Steve Maraboli
25. “The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.” – Theresa S. Monson
“The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.” – Theresa S. MonsonTweet Quote
26. “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.” – Deepak Chopra
27. “If you spend too long holding on to the one who treats you like an option, you’ll miss finding the one who treats you like a priority.” – Anonymous
28. “We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come.” – Joseph Campbell
29. “Life goes on… Whether you choose to move on and take a chance in the unknown. Or stay behind, locked in the past, thinking of what could’ve been.” – Stephanie Smith
30. “There is a blessing in everything. Behind every moment of adversity in your life there is a blessing and a lesson. Every moment of adversity has those two things.” – Steve Harvey
“There is a blessing in everything. Behind every moment of adversity in your life there is a blessing and a lesson. Every moment of adversity has those two things.” – Steve HarveyTweet Quote
31. “You can’t turn the clock back, so you have to look ahead.” – Mel Gibson
32. “The past is a stepping stone, not a millstone.” – Robert Plant
33. “Never underestimate the power you have to take your life in a new direction.” – Germany Kent
34. “Trust the wait. Embrace the uncertainty. Enjoy the beauty of becoming. When nothing is certain, anything is possible.” – Anonymous
35. “Sometimes it takes looking at the past to really be able to move forward and learn from it.” – Danica Patrick
“Sometimes it takes looking at the past to really be able to move forward and learn from it.” – Danica PatrickTweet Quote
36. “You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.” – C. Joy Bell
37. “Life is like a road, there are bumps, there are cracks, there are road blocks, but the only important thing is that it keeps going.” – Anonymous
38. “Mistakes happen and life goes on.” – Sourav Ganguly
39. “Your past is just a story. And once you realize this is has no power of you.” – Chuck Palahniuk
40. “My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness.” – Maya Angelou
“My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness.” – Maya AngelouTweet Quote
41. “The beginning is always today.” – Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
42. “The past explains how I got here, but the future is up to me — and I love to live life at full throttle.” – Janice Dickinson
43. “You are allowed to let go of all those that do not set you free anymore.” – Dhiman
44. “At some point you must accept that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.” – Anonymous
45. “If you are brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” – Paolo Coelho
“If you are brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” – Paolo CoelhoTweet Quote
46. “I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.” – Og Mandino
47. “Regardless of how it goes down, life goes on.” – Rick Ross
48. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Suess
49. “People change and things go wrong but just remember life goes on.” – Mac Miller
50. “We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.” – Rick Warren
51. “Life is about change. Sometimes it’s painful. Sometimes it’s beautiful. But most of the time, it’s both.” – Lana Lang
52. “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” – Steve Maraboli
53. “As long as you’re still alive, you always have the chance to start again.” – Emily Acker
54. “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” – John F. Kennedy
55. “Life goes on, and one should look ahead and not backward.” – Sonali Bendre
56. “Be strong, because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it never rains forever.” – Anonymous
57. “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis
58. “Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you’re not willing to move your feet.” – Sean Patrick Flanery
59. “Leave the past where it is… Behind you!” – Anonymous
60. “Through every dark night, there’s a bright day after that, so no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it.” – Tupac Shakur
“Through every dark night, there’s a bright day after that, so no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it.” – Tupac ShakurTweet Quote
61. “Sooner or later we’ve all got to let go of our past.” – Dan Brown
62. “Forget the past.” – Nelson Mandela
63. “Let go of the past, but keep the lessons it taught you.” – Chiara Gizzi
64. “Sometimes you have to make a decision that will break your heart but heal your soul.” – Anonymous
65. “In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain the old pain.” – Mary Manin Morrissey
“In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain the old pain.” – Mary Manin MorrisseyTweet Quote
66. “It might even be time to sacrifice what you love best, so that you can become who you might become, instead of staying who you are.” – Jordan B. Peterson
67. “Remember, whether you choose to move on or stay stuck in the past, life goes on!” – Billy Cox
68. “The past is in your head, but your future is in your hands.” – Anonymous
69. “Life is divided into three terms — that which was, which is, and which will be. Let us learn from the past to profit by the present, and from the present to live better in the future.” – William Wordsworth
70. “Sometime, the best revenge is to just let go and move on.” – Anonymous
71. “Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams and take risks. Life is happening now.” – Paulo Coelho
72. “Sometimes you just know it’s time to start something new and trust the magic of new beginnings.” – Anonymous
73. “Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” – L.M. Montogomery
74. “Just when the caterpillar thought its life was over, it began to fly.” – Anonymous
75. “You can’t go back and change the beginning. But you can start where you are and change the ending.” – C.S. Lewis
“You can’t go back and change the beginning. But you can start where you are and change the ending.” – C.S. LewisTweet Quote
76. “The truth is, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” – Steve Maraboli
77. “Don’t let the darkness from your past block the light of joy in your present. What happened is done. Stop giving time to things which no longer exist, when there is so much joy to be found her & now.” – Karen Salmansohn
78. “You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, “I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I am not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.” – Joel Olsteen
79. “When you bring peace to your past, you can move forward to your future.” – Anonymous
80. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” – Steve Maraboli
“Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” – Steve MaraboliTweet Quote
81. “You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.” – Jan Glidewell
82. “Breathe in. Breath out. Move on.” – Move On Quote
83. “Inhale the future, exhale the past.” – Anonymous
84. “The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.” – Faraaz Kazi
85. “Focus on where you’re going and less on where you came from.” – Amy Harmon
86. “Once you realize you deserve a bright future, letting go of your dark past is the best choice you will ever make.” – Roy T. Bennett
87. “I can’t take back the past, but I can fight for the future.” – Shannon A. Thompson
88. “Some people live as though they are already dead. There are people moving around us who are consumed by their past, terrified of their future, and stuck in their anger and jealousy. They are not alive; they are just walking corpses.” – Nhat Hanh
89. “The great courageous act that we must all do, is to have the courage to step out of our history and past so that we can live our dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
90. “Just as a snake sheds its skin, we must shed our past over and over again.” – Gautama Buddha
“Just as a snake sheds its skin, we must shed our past over and over again.” – Gautama BuddhaTweet Quote
91. “Your life is like a play with several acts. Some of the characters who enter have short roles to play, others, much longer. But all are necessary, otherwise they wouldn’t be in the play. Embrace them all, and move on to the next act.” – Wayne Dyer
92. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu
93. “Be like a tree and let the dead leaves drop.” – Rumi
94. “You must make peace with your past in order to move forward with your future.” – Billy Cox
95. “Even if our life circumstances take a while to reflect our inner decisions, once decisions are made, everything in our life will move in the direction of aligning with that.” – Donna Goddard
“Even if our life circumstances take a while to reflect our inner decisions, once decisions are made, everything in our life will move in the direction of aligning with that.” – Donna GoddardTweet Quote
96. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” – Steve Jobs
97. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr
98. “You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened… or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f*** on.” – Tupac Shakur
“The past is a place of reference, not a place of residence.” – Anonymous
99. “The answer to every adversity lies in courageously moving forward with faith.” – Edmond Mbiaka
100. “Your past doesn’t equal your future.” – Tony Robbins
There you have it, the best of the best moving on quotes. We hope they inspired you, even if just a little, to begin looking forward towards that bright world of possibilities that awaits you.
Now it’s up to you to just take that first step and never look back.
PS – If you enjoyed this collection of quotes about moving on from the past, then you’ll love these inspiring quotes about how life goes on, and you may even enjoy these starting over quotes.
35+ DON’T LOSE HOPE QUOTES TO GIVE YOU CONFIDENCE ABOUT THE FUTURE
Life isn’t always filled with sunshine and rainbows, it can be exhausting, feel daunting, and it can overwhelm even the best of us at times. It doesn’t matter what you’ve accomplished, who you are, how much you make, have in the bank, or where you are currently at in life, the vicissitudes of life visit us all at some point in our lives.
Fortunately, difficulty and hardship don’t last forever. The tough times are usually momentary, and the obstacles are surmountable. And if there’s one thing that can help every single person weather the storms of life, and endure the hard times, it is hope.
So, if you find yourself among those who are currently struggling in their lives, or if you’re feeling less than confident in your future, here are a few inspirational don’t lose hope quotes to help strengthen your resolve. May they inspire you to keep pushing forward till you’ve reached that brighter day.
BEST DON’T LOSE HOPE QUOTES
1. “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” – Christopher Reeve
2. “Hope is the one thing that can help us get through the darkest times.” – Hope Quote
3. “Don’t lose hope. When the sun goes down, the stars come out.” – Anonymous
4. “Hope lies in dreams, in imagination, and in the courage of those who dare to make dreams into reality.” – Jonas Salk
5. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
“We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King Jr.Tweet Quote
6. “No matter how hard life is, don’t lose hope.” – Zayn Malik
7. “Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever.” – Roy T. Bennett
8. “What gives me hope in these tenuous times is the knowledge that there is precedent for change and there’s precedent for hope. Hope has bred change again and again.” – Ava Duvernay
9. “I wake up every morning believing today is going to be better than yesterday.” – Will Smith
10. “Hope is a waking dream.” – Aristotle
11. “Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird, that cannot fly.” – Langston Hughes
12. “If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” – Nhat Hanh
13. “For every dark night there’s a brighter day.” – Tupac Shakur
14. “Difficulties and adversities viciously force all their might on us and cause us to fall apart, but they are necessary elements of individual growth and reveal our true potential. We have got to endure and overcome them, and move forward.” – Roy T. Bennett
15. “No matter where you are on your journey, that’s exactly where you need to be. The next road is always ahead.” – Oprah Winfrey
“No matter where you are on your journey, that’s exactly where you need to be. The next road is always ahead.” – Oprah WinfreyTweet Quote
16. “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.” – Desmond Tutu
17. “Out of the mountain top of despair, a stone of hope.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
18. “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.” – Andrew Carnegie
19. “Don’t lose hope. When you are down to nothing, God is up to something.” – Quote on Hope
20. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
21. “Do not lose hope, please believe that there are a thousand beautiful things waiting for you. Sunshine comes to all who feel the rain.” – R.M. Drake
22. “Whatever it is you’re doing out there, don’t lose hope, you just keep digging and things can work out. I’m proof.” – Carl Edwards
23. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas A. Edison
24. “Don’t lose hope. You never know what tomorrow will bring.” – Anonymous
25. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Hellen Keller
“Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Hellen KellerTweet Quote
26. “Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.” – Victor Frankl
27. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
28. “The fight is over ONLY if you stop swinging…..” – Atlas Rowe
29. “Out of difficulties grow miracles.” – Jean de la Bruyere
30. “To live without hope is to cease to live.” – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
31. “If it were not for hope, the heart would break.” – Thomas Fuller
32. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine—and shadows will fall behind you.” – Walt Whitman
33. “Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.” – Maya Angelou
34. “When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” – Wilma Rudolph
35. “My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.” – Jack Layton
“My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.” – Jack LaytonTweet Quote
36. “Remember, hope is a good think, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.” – Stepehn King
37. “Where there a bees there are flowers, and wherever there are flowers there is new life and hope.” – Christy Lefteri
38. “Hope has wings that make it fly.” – Richard Mwebesa
39. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
40. “It’s not over until you win.” – Les Brown
41. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
42. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
43. “You are never too old to set a new goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
44. “As long as you’re still alive, you always have the chance to start again.” – Emily Acker
45. “Never underestimate the power you have to take your life in a new direction.” – Germany Kent
“Never underestimate the power you have to take your life in a new direction.” – Germany KentTweet Quote
46. “While there’s life, there’s hope.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
47. “Hope is the pillar that holds up the world. Hope is the dream of a waking man.” – Pliny The Elder
48. “The future awaits those with the courage to create it.” – Erwin Raphael McManus
49. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
50. “Where flowers bloom so does hope.” – Lady Bird Johnson
51. “I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.” – Og Mandino
Bonus Quote About Not Losing Hope
Bonus: Alright, here’s our last quote to encourage you to never lose hope. It’s a powerful statement, especially considering the inspiring story of the man who said it…
We hope you enjoyed our collection of Don’t Lose Hope quotes. May they assist you in looking past your challenges towards a better future.
But more importantly, we hope these quotes help you stay inspired to keep taking action, no matter the amount, until you’ve reached better days.
Just take one day at a time friend, and don’t lose hope.
PS – If you enjoyed these don’t lose hope quotes then you’ll likely love these inspiring quotes to help you never give up.
75+ QUOTES ABOUT POTENTIAL TO INSPIRE THE BEST IN YOU
Have you ever wondered to yourself, “Am I living up to my full potential?” If so, worry not, because you are not alone. In fact, this is question that most high achievers often ask themselves. And the fact that you’re even asking yourself this question, means your headed in the right direction; upward and onward. That said, to encourage your growth, we’ve rounded up some of the most inspiring quotes about potential.
Our hope is that they’ll help you gain better clarity about your potential, and all the great things you’ve still yet to do in this life. But most importantly, we hope they inspire you to take action towards achieving your potential. So, if you’re ready to be inspired, let’s dive into these powerful quotes about reaching your potential:
BEST QUOTES ABOUT POTENTIAL
1. “Everyone has a potential to be something huge. Not everyone sees it.” – Colonel Sanders
2. “The big challenge is to become all that you have the possibility of becoming. You cannot believe what it does to the human spirit to maximize your human potential and stretch yourself to the limit.” – Jim Rohn
3. “Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one’s potential.” – Bruce Lee
4. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” – John Maxwell
5. “You were born with wings. You are not meant for crawling, so don’t. You have wings. Learn to use them and fly.” – Rumi
“You were born with wings. You are not meant for crawling, so don’t. You have wings. Learn to use them and fly.” – RumiTweet Quote
6. “Your life is your story, and the adventure ahead of you is the journey to fulfill your own purpose and potential.” – Denzel Washington
7. “Consult not your fears but your hopes and dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do.” – Pope john XXIII
8. “We are all guilty of allowing so-called experts, or just people who have more experience in a given field than we do, to cap our potential.” – David Goggins
9. “True success is reaching our potential without compromising our values.” – Muhammad Ali
10. “You Can. End of Story.” – Cory Lewis
11. “The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.” – Confucius
12. “Infinite striving to be the best is man’s duty; it is its own reward. Everything else is in God’s hands.” – Gandhi
13. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
14. “Potential is a priceless treasure, like gold. All of us have gold hidden within, but we have to dig to get it out.” – Joyce Meyer
15. “Continuouseffort, not strength or intelligence, is the key to unlocking our potential.” – Winston Churchill
“Continuous effort, not strength or intelligence, is the key to unlocking our potential.” – Winston ChurchillTweet Quote
16. “To uncover your true potential, you must first find your own limits and then you have to have the courage to blow past them.” – Picabo Street
17. “The tragedy of life is what dies inside a man while he lives.” – Albert Schweitzer
18. “Faith will get you to a point. Luck will get you to a point. But to achieve the kind of success you dream about, you need to work. There are no shortcuts, you can’t cheat life, just get to work and don’t stop until you reach your highest potential.” – Denzel Washington
19. “The trial you encounter will introduce you to your strengths, remain steadfast… and one day you will build something that endures, something worthy of your potential.” – Epictetus
20. “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” – Ernest Hemingway
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” – Ernest HemingwayTweet Quote
21. “There’s nothing anyone can do to prevent you from reaching your potential; the challenge is for you to identify your dream, develop the skills to get there, and exhibit character and leadership. Then, you need to have the courage to periodically reassess, make adjustments, and pursue a course that reflects who you truly are.” – Robert Steven Kaplan
22. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
23. “I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.” – Og Mandino
24. “Arrogance steals your potential. Preparation and effort accelerate your chances at reaching your potential.” – Patrick Bet-David
25. “If You’re Circle Doesn’t Inspire You… You Don’t Have a Circle, You Have a Cage.” – Anonymous
“If You’re Circle Doesn’t Inspire You… You Don’t Have a Circle, You Have a Cage.” – AnonymousTweet Quote
26. “Life is a flash of lightning in the dark of night. It is a brief time of tremendous potential.” – B. Alan Wallace
27. “Man’s greatest burden is unfulfilled potential.” – Dan Peña
28. “You are in danger of living a life so comfortable and soft, that you will die without ever realizing your true potential.” – David Goggins
29. “Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn’t know it so it goes on flying anyway.” – Mary Kay Ash
30. “You always want to outwork your potential.” – Kobe Bryant
31. “Questions provide the key to unlocking our unlimited potential.” – Tony Robbins
32. “If you don’t learn how to untangle your feelings from your actions, you’ll never unlock your true potential.” – Mel Robbins
33. “Our potential is one thing. What we do with it is quite another.” – Angela Duckworth
34. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” – Paulo Coelho
35. “Your potential is limitless. You are unique, valuable, capable, and worthy of the dreams in your heart. Most of all, you have what it takes.” – Marie Forleo
“Your potential is limitless. You are unique, valuable, capable, and worthy of the dreams in your heart. Most of all, you have what it takes.” – Marie ForleoTweet Quote
36. “If you principles are the foundations of who you are, then your potential is limitless.” – Ray Lewis
37. “Believe in your infinite potential. Your only limitations are those you set upon yourself.” – Roy T. Bennett
38. “You have the potential to be anything you want.” – Fran Watson
39. “Quit settling for reality and focus on your potential.” – Grant Cardone
40. “Persistence is the last key that unlocks potential.” – Anonymous
41. “The vision that you glorify in your mind, the ideal that you enthrone in your heart, this you will build your life by, this you will become.” – James Allen
42. “Difficulties and adversities viciously force all their might on us and cause us to fall apart, but they are necessary elements of individual growth and reveal our true potential. We have got to endure and overcome them, and move forward.” – Roy T. Bennett
43. “Life’s too short not to enjoy the journey to success. And success starts with taking care of yourself. We only get one chance at life—why not reach our fullest potential?” – Jim Rohn
44. “It is only through raising expectations and striving for excellence that our children can reach their full potential.” – Brad Henry
45. “We all have tremendous potential, and we all are blessed with gifts. Yet the one thing that holds all of us back is some degree of self-doubt.” – Robert Kiyosaki
“We all have tremendous potential, and we all are blessed with gifts. Yet the one thing that holds all of us back is some degree of self-doubt.” – Robert KiyosakiTweet Quote
46. “Leadership is communicating people’s worth and potential so clearly that they come to see it themselves.” – Stephen R. Covey
47. “My purpose on this planet is to live up to my potential, everything else just adds to the experience.” – Isaac Mashman
48. “Fear and self-doubt have always been the greatest enemies of human potential.” – Brian Tracy
49. “Aim high enough that you will have to stretch your ability and your potential to reach it.” – Mary Kay Ash
50. “Create your legacy by fulfilling your potential.” – Gino Norris
51. “Being confident and believing in your own self-worth is necessary to achieving your potential.” – Sheryl Sandberg
52. “There is no man living who isn’t capable of doing more than he thinks he can do.” – Henry Ford
53. “All we are not stares back at what we are.” – W.H. Auden
54. “Link yourself to your potential, not to your past.” – Stephen Covey
55. “You have a greater potential than anyone who has ever lived before you! But you’ll never “make it” by sitting on your duff and telling the world how great you’re going to be, starting tomorrow.: – Og Mandino
“You have a greater potential than anyone who has ever lived before you! But you’ll never “make it” by sitting on your duff and telling the world how great you’re going to be, starting tomorrow.: – Og MandinoTweet Quote
56. “Everyone has inside himself a piece of good news! The good news is that you really don’t know how great you can be, how much you can love, what you can accomplish, and what your potential is!” – Anne Frank
57. “Most haters are stuck in a poisonous mental prison of jealousy and self-doubt that blinds them to their own potentiality.” – Steve Maraboli
58. “Your past is not your potential. In any hour you can choose to liberate the future.” – Marilyn Ferguson
59. “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.” – Nido Qubein
60. “Anything you can imagine you can create.” – Oprah Winfrey
61. “You’re alive. That means you have infinite potential. You can do anything, make anything, dream anything.” – Neil Gaiman
62. “God’s greatest gift to you is your unlimited potential. Your greatest fit to God is to use that potential to the fullest.” – James Arthur Ray
63. “Think big and don’t listen to people who tell you it can’t be done. Life’s too short to think small.” – Tim Ferriss
65. “Don’t cheat the world of your contribution. Give it what you’ve got.” – Steven Pressfield
“Don’t cheat the world of your contribution. Give it what you’ve got.” – Steven PressfieldTweet Quote
66. “Every human life contains a potential, if that potential is not fulfilled, then that life is wasted.”
67. “Inside every seed is the potential for an incredible harvest.” – Farrah Gray
68. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Harry Finlay
69. “The way we define happiness is the joy you feel striving toward your potential.” – Shawn Achor
70. “Your ultimate goal in life is to become your best self. Your immediate goal is to get on the path that will lead you there.” – David Viscott
“Your ultimate goal in life is to become your best self. Your immediate goal is to get on the path that will lead you there.” – David ViscottTweet Quote
71. “Just because fate doesn’t deal you the right cards, it doesn’t mean you should give up. It just means you have to play the cards you get to their maximum potential.” – Les Brown
72. “Anything you want is possible. If, I didn’t believe it, I wouldn’t take the time to send this message to you.” – Tyler Perry
73. “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember you haven’t.” – Thomas Edison
74. “Do not bother to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.” – William Faulkner
75. “You cannot afford to live in potential for the rest of your life. At some point, you have to unleash the potential and make your move.” – Eric Thomas
“You cannot afford to live in potential for the rest of your life. At some point, you have to unleash the potential and make your move.” – Eric ThomasTweet Quote
Quotes About Potential For Greatness
This last section is about that next-level potential known as greatness, your greatness. We believe that closer you get to achieving your potential, the closer you ultimately get to achieving a level of real-world greatness. So, below are few inspiring quotes about potential for greatness. May they inspire you to achieve yours. Enjoy
76. “You have the potential for greatness.” – Steve Harvey
77. “In your hands you hold the seeds of failure – or the potential for greatness.” – Zig Ziglar
78. “Greatness is the constant pursuit of realizing and increasing your potential.” – Tyler Basu
79 “Greatness is about fulfilling one’s potential. And one’s potential is defined as striving to maximize your gifts, your talents, your strengths.” – Atlas Rowe
80. “Most rules are made by people with no authority who want to control and limit you from reaching your true potential. Ignore them, break their rules, and wave at them as you soar past them to greatness.” – Dan Pearce
“Most rules are made by people with no authority who want to control and limit you from reaching your true potential. Ignore them, break their rules, and wave at them as you soar past them to greatness.” – Dan PearceTweet Quote
81. “Push yourself to do more and to experience more. Harness your energy to start expanding your dreams. Yes, expand your dreams. Don’t accept a life of mediocrity when you hold such infinite potential within the fortress of your mind. Dart to tap into your greatness” – Robin Sharma
82. “The greatest truth must be recognition that in every man, in every child is the potential for greatness.” – Robert Kennedy
83. “Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” – Wilma Rudolph
84. “The key to greatness is to look for people’s potential and spend time developing it.” – Peter Drucker
85. “Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.” – William Shakespeare
“Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.” – William ShakespeareTweet Quote
86. “To achieve greatness on should live as if they will never die.” – Francois De La Rochefoucauld
87. “Greatness is more than potential. It is the execution of that potential.” – Eric Burns
88. “Not everybody can be famous but everybody can be great, because greatness is determined by service.” –Martin Luther King Jr.
89. “Mediocrity will never do. You are capable of something better.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
90. “Activating your potential for greatness is a choice.” – Fabienne Fredrickson
There you have it, the some of best quotes about potential. We hope they inspired you to continue reaching for yours. And remember, reaching your potential isn’t a destination; it’s a journey that takes time.
So, be patient with yourself, be never stop stiving to become your greatest self.
Till you those aims,
50+ TRUST YOUR GUT QUOTES TO INSPIRE FAITH IN YOUR OWN INTUITION
If you’re looking for some truly inspiring trust your gut quotes related to trusting your instincts and intuition, then you’ll love this page. But, before we dive into those quotes, know this…
Trusting one’s gut is not as easy at is seems. In fact, many people struggle with listening to that small voice that gently attempts to guide them into making the right choice. Too many of us persist in seeking outside or external validation, especially when it comes to making those critical decisions around our relationships, career, or key life choices. But, the answers to most of everything we seek resides within us. We believe most people know this to be true deep down, they just need to be reminded.
So, the purpose of this post is to reawaken your self-trust with a handful of inspiring trust your gut quotes. Our hope is that they’ll inspire you to realize once and for all, that it’s not only okay to start trusting your gut, but advantageous to just about every area of your life.
With that being said, let’s dive into these encouraging trust your gut quotes:
50 Encouraging Trust Your Gut Quotes
1. “There is a voice that doesn’t use words. Listen.” – Rumi
2. “Always trust your first gut instincts. If you feel in your heart and soul that something is wrong it probably is.” – Anonymous
3. “When you have collected all the facts and fears and made your decision, turn off all your fears and go ahead!” – George S. Patton
4. “Intuition isn’t the enemy, but the ally, of reason.” – John Kord Lagemann
5. “Always trust your gut feelings. As they never lie as people do.” – Anonymous
6. “You have permission to walk away from anything that doesn’t feel right. Trust your instints and listen to your inner-voice — it’s trying to protect you.” – Bryant McGill
7. “Trust your instincts. Intuition doesn’t lie.” – Oprah Winfrey
8. “The power of intuitive understanding will protect you from harm until the end of your days.” – Lao Tzu
9. “Always trust your gut. It knows what your head hasn’t figured out yet.” – Trust Your Gut Quote
10. “Intuition is seeing with the soul.” – Dean Koontz.
11. “The only person you have to blame is yourself when you could have made a different choice but instead you went against your gut feeling.” – Germany Kent
12. “Keep the faith, don’t lose your perseverance and always trust your gut extinct.” – Paula Abdul
13. “Wherever your heart is, that is where you’ll find your treasure.” – Paulo Coelho
14. “As you consider your next move, practice this definition of trust: the willingness to take steps while simultaneously waiting for “instructions.” – Gina Greenlee
15. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something–your gut, destiny, life and karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” – Steve Jobs
16. “Listen to your intuition. It will tell you everything you need to know.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
17. “Trust yourself, you know more than you think you do.” – Dr. Benjamin Spock
18. “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” – Albert Einstein
19. “Decision is a risk rooted in the courage of being free.” – Paul Tillich
20. “Trust your heart and success will come to you.” – Oprah Winfrey
21. “If you’re going to trust one person, let it be yourself.” – Robert Tew
22. “Trust your hunches. They’re usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level.” – Joyce Brothers
23. “Instinct is a marvelous thing. It can neither be explained nor ignored.” – Agatha Christie
24. “Trust in your innate wisdom. Your instincts know what is going on, long before your mind has caught up.” – Leon Brown
25. “Instinct is the nose of the mind.” – Madame De Girardin
Related: 4 Ways to Build Self-Trust
26. “If something on the inside is telling you that someone isn’t right for you, they’re NOT right for you, no matter how great they might look on paper. When it’s right for you, you will know. And when it’s not – it’s time to go.” – Mandy Hale
27. “Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong…. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
28. “Look well into thyself; there is a source of strength which will always spring up if thou wilt always look.” – Marcus Aurelius
29. “Never apologize for trusting your intuition – your brain can play tricks, your heart can blind, but your gut is always right.” – Rachel Wolchin
30. “Trust your gut. Listen to your heart. This world wasn’t built by people with small vision and minor thoughts. It was built by the misfits, eccentrics and oddballs who had the courage to passionately follow the voice of their dreams.” – Robin Sharma
“Trust your gut. Listen to your heart. This world wasn’t built by people with small vision and minor thoughts. It was built by the misfits, eccentrics and oddballs who had the courage to passionately follow the voice of their dreams.” – Robin SharmaTweet Quote
31. “Never ignore a gut feeling, but never believe that it’s enough.” – Robert Heller
32. “The more you trust your intuition the more empowered you become, the stronger you become and the happier you become.” – Gisele Bundchen
33. “Your biggest failure is the thing you dreamed of contributing but didn’t find the guts to do.” – Seth Godin
34. “Follow your instincts and do not let other people’s opinion of you become your opinion of yourself.” – Sarah Jessica Parker.
35. “If prayer is you talking to God, then intuition is God talking to you.” – Dr. Wayne Dyer
“If prayer is you talking to God, then intuition is God talking to you.” – Dr. Wayne DyerTweet Quote
36. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become.” – Steve Jobs
37. “I rely far more on gut instinct than researching huge amounts of statistics.” – Richard Branson
38. “Creativity coms from trust. Trust your instincts. And never hope more than you work.” – Rita Mae Brown
39. “Always trust your gut instinct. There will come a time when you will understand, but for now trust God has a plan greater than you have ever imagined.” – Shannon L. Alder
40. “Doubt is your enemy.” – Grant Cardone
41. “Keep trying. Stay humble, trust your instincts. Most importantly, act. When you come to a fork in the road, take it.” – Yogi Berra
42. “Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s.” – Billy Wilder
43. “The best decisions aren’t made with your mind, but with your instinct.” – Lionel Messi
44. “You must have the courage to trust your instincts and be ready to question what other people don’t. If you do that, you can seize opportunities that others would miss. Believe in yourself, and use everything you can — including the obstacles — to propel you along the road to success. Who knows what you might achieve?” – Richard Branson
45. “You know the truth by the way it feels.” – Anonymous
46. “In life we have many opportunities where we can’t see all the consequences, and there’s only one choice, it’s just to trust your gut.” – Garry Kasparov
47. “I learned to trust my own instincts.” – Ralph Lauren
48. “I don’t think you’re born with a gut. The gut matures and gets better and better over time. The struggle most people have I think, is learning to listen to it, figuring out how to access it in some way.” – Tim Cook
49. “You are a powerful point of consciousness. A bright particle of light within the Greater Light. Be brave, be wise, and always trust your gut.” – Anthon St. Maarten
50. “I listen to my gut, it’s not an emotion, it’s an index of risk.” – Kevin O’Leary
51. “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” – Suzy Kassem
52. “Follow your instincts. That’s where true wisdom manifests itself.” – Oprah Winfrey
53. “In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
54. “Don’t you dare underestimate the power of your own instinct.” – Barbara Corcoran
55. “Have the confidence to trust your gut feeling and choose your moment to act. Timing is everything.” – Lulu Guinness
56. “Follow your intuition.” – Steven Spielberg
There you have it, some of the best trust your gut quotes to inspire you to listen a little less to all those conflicting external voices that claim to know what’s best for you, and instead have a a lot more faith in your instincts and intuition.
Till next time,
PS – If you enjoyed these quotes related to listening to your intuition and trusting your gut, then you’ll likely love these quotes about trusting yourself.
100+ EARL NIGHTINGALE QUOTES TO HELP YOU SUCCEED IN THE WORLD TODAY
Earl Nightingale was a highly influential personality who came to fame in the 20th century. He retired early by the age of 35, pioneered one of the first audio-recordings in the success and self-development industry, and eventually published one the most well thought-out and masterfully narrated success guides ever created. Having discovered the secret to success, and then generously sharing that secret with the rest of the world, his contribution to modern society is for all intents and purposes, unmatched. As such, we aim to ensure his legacy and sage advice continues to change peoples lives. Which is why, we’ve decided to publish this collection of the very best Earl Nightingale quotes from a variety of his best works.
So, if you’re ready to learn from the wise words of one of the world’s most prominent scholars on the subject of success, and learn the very secret to success while you’re at it, then let’s dive into these quotes:
BEST EARL NIGHTINGALE QUOTES
1. “Every one of us is the sum total of his own thoughts.” – Earl Nightingale
2. “People are where they are because that is exactly where they really want to be whether they will admit that or not.” – Earl Nightingale
3. “Your world is a living expression of how you are using and have used your mind.” – Earl Nightingale
4. “Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become reality.” – Earl Nightingale
5. “When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself” – Earl Nightingale
6. “The strangest secret in the world is that you become what you think about.” – Earl Nightingale
7. “Our attitude toward life determines life’s attitude towards us.” – Earl Nightingale
8. “It is not what happens to you in life that makes the difference. It is how you react to each circumstance you encounter that determines the result.” – Earl Nightingale
9. “Wherever there is danger, there lurks opportunity; wherever there is opportunity, there lurks danger. The two are inseparable.” – Earl Nightingale
10. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” – Earl Nightingale
“Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” – Earl NightingaleTweet Quote
Earl Nightingale Quotes on Success
This next batch of quotes is some of Earl’s wisest words on the topic of finding and achieving success. No doubt, all of his advice can be attributed to success, but this next handful of quotes are the most poignant.
With that said, if you’re here in search of success insights then these Earl Nightingale quotes on success will do the trick. Enjoy.
11. “People with goals succeed because they know where they are going.” – Earl Nightingale
12. “Whatever the majority of people are doing, under any given circumstance, if you’ll do the exact opposite, you will probably never make another mistake as long as you live.” – Earl Nightingale
13. “We are all self-made, but only the successful will admit it.” – Earl Nightingale
14. “Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal.” – Earl Nightingale
15. “Success is not the result of making money; making money is the result of success… and success is in direct proportion to our service.” – Earl Nightingale
“Success is not the result of making money; making money is the result of success… and success is in direct proportion to our service.” – Earl NightingaleTweet Quote
16. “A success is anyone who is doing deliberately a worthy predetermined job, because that’s what he decided to do deliberately.” – Earl Nightingale
17. “There is no success without suffering. I think that the word ‘suffering’ was meant to mean tremendous effort and direction.” – Earl Nightingale
18. “Successful people form the habit of doing what failures don’t like to do. They like the results they get by doing what they don’t necessarily enjoy.” – Earl Nightingale
19. “Men credited with all kinds of ability, talent, brains and know how, including the ability to see into the future, frequently have nothing more than the courage to keep everlastingly at what they set out to do. They have that one great quality that is worth more than all the rest put together. They simply will not give up! When a man makes up his mind to do something then it’s only a matter of time. Staying with time takes bulldog persistence. This seems to be the entrance examination to success – lasting success — of any kind!” – Earl Nightingale
20. “We tend to live up to our expectations.” – Earl Nightingale
21. “Your success will always be measured by the quality and quantity of service you render.” – Earl Nightingale
22. “Successful people are not without problems. They’re simply people who’ve learned to solve their problems.” – Earl Nightingale
23. “Most people tiptoe through life, hoping to make it safely to death.” – Earl Nightingale
24. “A success is the school teacher who is teaching because that’s what she wants to do.” – Earl Nightingale
25. “The only person who succeeds is the person who is progressively realizing a worthy ideal.” – Earl Nightingale
“The only person who succeeds is the person who is progressively realizing a worthy ideal.” – Earl NightingaleTweet Quote
26. “All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.” – Earl Nightingale
27. “Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.” – Earl Nightingale
28. “A person who does not read is no better than one cannot read.” – Earl Nightingale
29. “Any person who contributes to prosperity must prosper in turn.” – Earl Nightingale
30. “A great attitude is not the result of success; Success is the result of a great attitude.” – Earl Nightingale
“A great attitude is not the result of success; Success is the result of a great attitude.” – Earl NightingaleTweet Quote
31. “If the grass is greener on the other side it’s probably getting better care.” – Earl Nightingale
32. “Each of us creates his or her own life largely by our attitude.” – Earl Nightingale
33. “One extra hour of study per day and you’ll be a national expert in five years or less.” – Earl Nightingale
34. “If you don’t have a good model for success, just look at what everybody else is doing and do the opposite.” – Earl Nightingale
35. “Our environment, the world in which we live and work, is a mirror of our attitudes and expectations.” – Earl Nightingale
“Our environment, the world in which we live and work, is a mirror of our attitudes and expectations.” – Earl NightingaleTweet Quote
36. “Plant your goal in your mind. It’s the most important decision you’ll ever make in your entire life.” – Earl Nightingale
37. “The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment.” – Earl Nightingale
38. “We must radiate success before it will come to us. We must first become mentally, from an attitude standpoint, the people we wish to become.” – Earl Nightingale
39. “Just one great idea can completely revolutionize your work and, as a result, your life.”
40. “You must radiate success before it will come to you.” – Earl Nightingale
Inspiring Earl Nightingale Quotes
If you’ve never read or listened to any of Earl Nightingales books or audio books, we highly recommend the investment. Quotes are a great starting place to get you accustomed to his line of thinking, but you’ll get the most out of his teachings by studying his material thoroughly.
With that said, here are some of the most inspiring Earl Nightingale quotes we collected during our study. Enjoy.
41. “A person’s discontent can be said to be measured by the distance between what he has and what he wants.” – Earl Nightingale
42. “We will receive not what we idly wish for, but what we justly earn. Our rewards will always be in exact proportion to our service.” – Earl Nightingale
43. “You are now and you do become, what you think about.” – Earl Nightingale
44. “Perseverance is another word for faith!” – Earl Nightingale
45. “Act the part of the successful person whom you’ve decided to become.” – Earl Nightingale
“Act the part of the successful person whom you’ve decided to become.” – Earl NightingaleTweet Quote
46. “We all walk in the dark and each of us must learn to turn on his or her own light.” – Earl Nightingale
47. “A bad attitude is like a flat tire. You can’t go anywhere till you change it.” – Earl Nightingale
48. “The key that unlocks energy is ”Desire’.’ It’s also the key to a long and interesting life. If we expect to create any drive, any real force within ourselves, we have to get excited.” – Earl Nightingale
49. “Creativity is an expression of our enthusiasm.” – Earl Nightingale
50. “Everything begins with an idea.” – Earl Nightingale
51. “Work never killed anyone. It’s worry that does the damage. And the worry would disappear if we’d just settle down and do the work.” – Earl Nightingale
52. “Problems are challenges to creative minds. Without problems, there would be little reason to think at all.” – Earl Nightingale
53. “The biggest mistake that you can make is to believe that you are working for somebody else.” – Earl Nightingale
54. “Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now.” – Earl Nightingale
55. “Your problem is to bridge the gap which exists between where you are now and the goal you intend to reach.” – Earl Nightingale
“Your problem is to bridge the gap which exists between where you are now and the goal you intend to reach.” – Earl NightingaleTweet Quote
56. “You’ll find boredom where there is the absence of a good idea.” – Earl Nightingale
57. “There is a time when one must decide either to risk everything to fulfill one’s dreams or sit for the rest of one’s life in the backyard.” – Earl Nightingale
58. “Don’t concern yourself with the money. Be of service … build … work … dream … create! Do this and you’ll find there is no limit to the prosperity and abundance that will come to you.” – Earl Nightingale
59. “Do each day all that can be done that day. You don’t need to overwork or to rush blindly into your work trying to do the greatest possible number of things in the shortest possible time.” – Earl Nightingale
60. “What’s going on in the inside shows on the outside.” – Earl Nightingale
Earl Nightingale Quotes from The Greatest Discovery
Earl Nightingale’s first published book was ‘The Greatest Discovery’ which won him the Napoleon Hill Gold Medal for Literary Excellence. As such, this next batch consists of some of the best Earl Nightingale quotes from his book ‘The Greatest Discovery’. We hope you enjoy this rare collection of inspiring quotes.
If you want to learn more about Earl Nightingale before you dive into this next batch of quotes, this is a terrific place to start here: Who His Earl Nightingale?
61. “The best is never the most popular.” – Earl Nightingale
62. “Using our intuition along with our intelligence as a guide, can be the best way to produce super ideas.” – Earl Nightingale
63. “Planting a problem or question deep in the subconscious by first turning it every which way during an in-depth conscious attempt to solve it, usually results in the answer eventually appearing completely unbidden in our consciousness.” – Earl Nightingale
64. “When can think better, more profitably, and serve more people through ideas than we can ever do physically.” – Earl Nightingale
65. “The ideas we hold should be in concert with our goals, if our goals are to be successfully achieved.” – Earl Nightingale
“The ideas we hold should be in concert with our goals, if our goals are to be successfully achieved.” – Earl NightingaleTweet Quote
66. “An idea is the bringing together of known increments to provide a new result.” – Earl Nightingale
67. “Service, we are here to serve each other. And every one of us does who receives anything back in the way of return. Those who do not serve, do not receive anything.” – Earl Nightingale
68. “The greatest thing in the world is the opportunity to be of service to others.” – Earl Nightingale
69. “Attitude comes very close to being everything about success or failure.” – Earl Nightingale
70. “There’s a place for every person who will persevere.” – Earl Nightingale
71. “My habit of muttering to myself, “Stay with it!” had paid off, just as it always does.” – Earl Nightingale
72. “It’s staying with it that separates the winners from the losers.” – Earl Nightingale
73. “A person can have a great education, but if he also has a poor attitude, he will almost certainly fail.” – Earl Nightingale
74. “We are what we repeatedly do, but what we do is a matter of choice.” – Earl Nightingale
75. “We become successful to the extent of our true desires and determination, and we do so by building on our strong points; our forte.” – Earl Nightingale
“We become successful to the extent of our true desires and determination, and we do so by building on our strong points; our forte.” – Earl NightingaleTweet Quote
The Strangest Secret Quotes by Earl Nightingale
Earl Nightingale’s claim to fame and lasting legacy was his creation of the audiobook ‘The Strangest Secret’. We’ve provided a few quotes from this masterpiece in earlier sections; however, this batch focuses on the very Strangest Secret quotes by Earl Nightingale.
76. “Books are filled with ideas, and ideas spur us into action.” – Earl Nightingale
77. “I can determine what I think about, therefore I can determine what I become and what I have.” – Earl Nightingale
78. “Our minds are the gyrocompasses of our lives, we can only go were they direct us, and we are in charge of our minds.” – Earl Nightingale
79. “You will do more good for the rest of the human race enthusiastically going full bore after the things you want, than in any other way, because the only way you can get the things you want is by providing service to others — and the more intense and enthusiastic you are about it, the better will be your service. It’s the way the free-market private enterprise American system works.” – Earl Nightingale
80. “The universal key to success simply put is this… as you think, so shall you become.” – Earl Nightingale
“The universal key to success simply put is this… as you think, so shall you become.” – Earl NightingaleTweet Quote
81. “You’ll do best at what you most want to do in the pursuit of your personal goals, in so doing, you’ll provide the maximum service to those you need to help you.” – Earl Nightingale
82. “Ideas are the most important things on earth, and each of us has his or her our own idea factory — it comes as standard equipment at birth.” – Earl Nightingale
83. “Don’t ever say, I’d like to get to the point where I can start taking things easy.” – Earl Nightingale
84. “Our rewards, all the years of our lives, will be in proportion to our service. We are here, we live, in order to serve one another.” – Earl Nightingale
85. “Without ideas, we’d still be sitting in the trees grooming one another.” – Earl Nightingale
“Without ideas, we’d still be sitting in the trees grooming one another.” – Earl NightingaleTweet Quote
86. “There are no guarantees. Don’t confuse opportunity with guarantee.” – Earl Nightingale
87. “It’s best you get rid of that terrible word “security” now, once and for all, there’s no such thing as security as long as you’re alive. Dead you’re secure. Unborn you’re secure. If you’re alive, you’re the very epitome of insecurity.” – Earl Nightingale
88. “People will make you rich, or keep you broke, depending on the way you serve them. You should make up your mind at the outset if you are planning to become a successful entrepreneur, that you are going to make people outside the organization and inside the organization your special concern.” – Earl Nightingale
89. “You can’t lose money on a customer if you treat him or her the way they should be treated.” – Earl Nightingale
90. “Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity.” – Earl Nightingale
91. “The successful person does things. The unsuccessful person has done things done to him or her.” – Earl Nightingale
92. “Life should be an exciting adventure. It should never be a bore. A man should live fully, be alive. He should be glad to get out of bed in the morning. He should be doing a job that he likes to do because he does it well.” – Earl Nightingale
93. “Your success will always be measured by the quality and quantity of service you render.” – Earl Nightingale
94. “There is no fragment of this freedom of ours, that can’t be turned into the success we seek.” – Earl Nightingale
95. “There are no jobs so humble, that they do not have lurking within them the opportunity for greatness and all the success we could possibly want, but it takes that expectant attitude to see it.” – Earl Nightingale
“There are no jobs so humble, that they do not have lurking within them the opportunity for greatness and all the success we could possibly want, but it takes that expectant attitude to see it.” – Earl NightingaleTweet Quote
96. “More than any other factor perhaps, the unsuccessful person can usually be identified with a group.” – Earl Nightingale
97. “The person who succeeds in America is the person who sets his or her own wages, goals, and lifestyle.” – Earl Nightingale
98. “The American people can become whatever it is they want to become – the trouble is, they seldom make that decision.” – Earl Nightingale
99. “The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice… it is conformity.”
100. “The unsuccessful person sowing little, reaps little.” – Earl Nightingale
101. “The law is, that our financial return will be in direct proportion to our service.” – Earl Nightingale
102. “If you believe you can enrich yourself by deluding others, you can end only by deluding yourself.” – Earl Nightingale
103. “No man can get rich himself unless he enriches others.” – Earl Nightingale
Bonus Earl Nightingale Quote
Bonus: Here’s our last and final Earl Nightingale quote. It’s been said in one of the earlier quotes in a different way. But, it’s being rehashed here because we believe it’s one of his best, and it’s the one you’ll stand to gain the most from. So, if you take any quote from this page to run with, this is the one to take, Enjoy.
There you have it, the most comprehensive collection of Earl Nightingale quotes on the web. We hope the wisdom found in his words inspires you to learn more about this inspiring human.
But most importantly, we hope his quotes will eventually lead to your own serious study of his time-tested philosophy of success.
That said, if you enjoyed these quotes, please share them. Or, if you think there’s a Millennial or Gen Z’er out there who could benefit from the learning of Earl Nightingale’s timeless wisdom, please share these quotes with them as well. Because there’s no doubt, that his success philosophy is one of the best kept secrets of this generation.
Till you reach your aims,
PS – If you enjoyed these Earl Nightingale quotes, then there’s a good chance you’ll also stand to benefit from studying the wise words of these success-minded individuals as well:
TOP 10 WAYS TO LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST
Most people dream of truly living life to the fullest. They know in their bones that the clock is ticking and that they aren’t even close to being on track to creating their ideal life. Way too many people have a hunch that the best best years of their lives are slowly being wasted away, yet, they do nothing.
They remain on the the sidelines of life, feeling stuck. Why? Well, the short answer is because of fear and uncertainty. And while we can’t 100% solve people’s challenges with fear and uncertainty, we can offer up a few solutions to help get it under control, so you can begin living. As such, we’ve pulled together these 10 insights that can help anyone who is ready to get off the sidelines and into the game of living their greatest life.
So, if you’re one of these brave souls who truly want to know how to live life to the fullest, then keep reading, as this post is for you.
Now, before we get started know this here’s a quick disclaimer; you are the star of your own show. You are the producer, director, actor, and most importantly, you are the one who is writing the script. In short, to create your best life, and live it fully, you will have take ownership of it. Therefore, it is ultimately up to you on whether or not your life becomes a blockbuster hit, or a box-office bomb. So own it.
With that being said, we’ve created a powerful list on the top 10 ways you can begin living your life to the fullest, and start streamlining the creation of your greatest life. So without further ado, let’s dive right in:
HOW TO LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST
1. Discover Your Purpose
Without a doubt, finding one’s purpose can be a challenge. However, just because it is difficult to sort out, doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t discover what yours is. In fact, if you are serious about living your life full out, this is probably the most important thing you can do.
Discovering your purpose is like laying the concrete foundation for the house you are intending to build. It is such an important step because everything else you do will rely on what your purpose is.
So, take this step seriously by spending some time figuring out what it is you were put on this earth for. And don’t worry if you don’t feel 100% about the purpose you discover for yourself, because as you grow and move through life, so too will your purpose. The key is, to discover what it is now.
“The great thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are going.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.Tweet Quote
2. Decide What Your Fullest Life Looks Like
Once you’ve created some clarity around what your purpose is, you’ll then want to spend some time deciding on what your best life looks like. Sure, this can be a challenge because you may have self-doubts keeping you from believing you deserve the best in life.
But, you’ll still need to make a decision on exactly what living your life to the fullest looks like. The clearer the picture, the better your results will be.
So, suspend any disbelief you may have about what’s possible for you and your life, and decide exactly what living life to the fullest looks like for you. Once you’ve done this, you’ll be ready for the next step in the process.
3. Cultivate Your Vision
With your new found clarity of purpose, and your chosen vision of what your greatest life looks like, you are now ready to cultivate that vision. And the best way to cultivate your vision, is to write it down. Grab a pen and jot it down in a journal or fire up a word document and start typing away.
Whatever method you choose, the important thing is that you take action to write down your purpose, claim it boldly, and do the same for what living your best life looks like. Why? Because writing these things down, and carefully describing the details of what you are all about, and what you want your life to look like, you set stage for the creation of that life.
A good way to think about it, is as if you were the the author of a book. Before you’d write the book, you’d want to know why you are writing the book, i.e. the purpose of the book. And similarly, before you’d get starting on writing the book you’d also want to have a good idea of what the finished product of your book is going look like, i.e. an outline. Ideally, in both cases, the end result should look a whole lot like written goals.
The very act of following this process is the cultivation of your vision. As such, use it as the starting point from which you’ll begin creating/authoring your best life.
4. Get Your Mind Right About Your Money
Now that you know exactly what you want your life to look like, and why — you’ll be equipped to begin bridging the gap between reality and your vision. One way to begin the process, is to get your mind right about money. Why money? Well, let’s be honest with ourselves here — everything requires money and always will, even our ideal future.
With that being said, you’ll want to know what about of money will make you feel like you’re living your best life. You’ll also want to pin point how much money you’ll actually need to be free enough to fully pursue what sets your heart on fire. This is key, because some people think that they have to stick with a job they hate just because it pays good money.
Which is why it is critical to figure how much money you actually need to support the lifestyle that will bring you the most joy in life. If you want to live a minimalist lifestyle that allows you travel the world, figure out how much that will cost, and what kind of jobs/businesses you need to be involved in to make that happen. Similarly, if you want to become a millionaire, you have to ascertain if the career path you are on can get you there.
So, figure out how much money you need to live your life to the fullest, and then shoot for that number and not a cent less.
5. Discover What Your Talents Are
The next most important thing that you can do to bring about the life of your dreams in the shortest amount of time, is to discover what your talents are. This is key, because let’s be honest, if your aim is to make a certain amount of money, or add the most value to others as you can, there’s no better way than through leveraged talents.
If you leverage your talents, you’ll likely love what you are doing, which goes hand in hand will living life to the fullest. But on top of that, if one of your main aims was related to acquiring a certain level of wealth, the quickest way to do so would be through the leveraging of your talents. Why? Because the market pays for value! And if you’re leveraging your talents, you’ll likely be providing a good or service to others in way that is far better than others could provide it. As such, your talents will set you apart.
So, see if you can discover your talents, then find out how you can use those talents to increase your value to others. And before you know it, your life will be filled with more money, time, and freedom than you’ll know what to do with.
“There is something that you can do better than anyone else in the whole world―and for every unique talent and unique expression of that talent, there are also unique needs.” – Deepak ChopraTweet Quote
6. Get to Work On Yourself.
We believe everyone has a special talent, but not everyone will be able to pinpoint their talent right away. And that’s okay, just because you’ve yet to isolate exactly what it is you were born to do, doesn’t mean you never will.
With that being said, the next best thing you can do for yourself to ensure you get on when living your greatest life, is to begin working on yourself.
It’s like this, if you knew what your talent was, and you leveraged it, making money and reaching your destination in terms of finding a way to live your best life, would be like hopping in canoe that just needed to go down stream. All you basically have to do is hop in and enjoy the ride, and before you know you’ll be living the dream.
Of course, if you haven’t figured your talent or how to leverage it, then creating your best life is more or less like trying to go up-steam with a paddle. It’s not a piece of cake, and it does require some effort. But the great news is, you can improve yourself, which is akin to swapping out that paddle for a 150 horsepower boat motor to get yourself to your upstream destination.
And the great news is, as you keep working on yourself, and improving how you show up at your job, in your business, and in your relationships day in and day out, and the more you improve yourself, the quicker you’ll get to your destination.
You get to choose if you want to upgrade the paddle for a 150 horsepower engine, and then on to one with 400 horsepower, and then on to 600, etc… You get the picture.
The bottom line is that when you choose to work on yourself, you effectively accelerate your ability to create the life of your dreams.
Related: Books to Help You Live Life to the Fullest
7. Start Taking Some Risks
Most people are afraid of taking risks. As such, they remain bound to who they are and what they have. In essence, the the aversion of risk, stifles expansion. It is for this reason, that some risks must be taken. Living life to its fullest requires you to shake things up a bit.
If you want to bring about changes in your life, if want to do things that you’ve never done before, and live like you’ve never lived before, you’ll have to start doing things differently. You’ll have to get out of your comfort zone and start taking some risks.
Like Anais Nin once said, “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” So, start taking some risks today. You’ll be amazed with how quickly your life starts to change for you. And heck, you may even come to enjoy the exhilaration from your new, bolder, and less risk-averse ways.
8. Let Go of Yesterday
Living in the moment, appreciating what you have, all the while keeping an eye for better tomorrows can help you feel alive. However, one of the things keeps many people from enjoying their present, or looking optimistically towards their better brighter future, is their past.
As such, if you want to really commit to living your best life, you must be willing to let of the past. You have to let go of yesterday. What you’ve done in the past is not who you are today. Similarly, yesterday’s performance won’t guarantee your future results. So, why should you hold on to them.
Let go of errors you’ve made in the past, give yourself permission to grow, to become more than you were. By doing so, you’ll free up your mind to feel better about who you are now, and where you aim to go. And in so doing, you’ll be shortening your path between the life you have and the life you want.
9. Choose to Live Your Life With Some Passion
Our next tips for living your life to the fullest has to do with passion. If you want to live life full out, you have to live it with passion. Whatever you do, do it with all your might. Go all in in your efforts, go all in on how you experience life, give every aspect of your life your best.
For example, when you smell a rose, really and truly smell that rose. Drink in the aroma with as much intention as possible. When you sip that cup of coffee, drink that glass of wine, or eat that rich deliciously meal, enjoy and savor it with intensity and appreciation. Squeeze every bit of amazingness out of all your experiences.
In short, start living your life as if it were a miracle, because it is. Try to get as much as you can out of each moment. Live your life as if it could end tomorrow, because it can.
So, starting today, take your foot off the breaks of life, and begin passionately charging full speed ahead into this thing called life.
10. Live Well
This last tip is vital and should not be taking lightly. Living your greatest life is only possible if you have the health and wellness to enjoy it. You could have all the money you can imagine, you could be working your dream job, have the ability to travel anywhere in the world whenever you want, but if you’re unhealthy and sick, none of those experiences will be enjoyable.
On the other hand, if you have health, you have hope, and like Thomas Carlyle once states, if you have hope, you have everything.
As such, it is imperative to take care of your health now, today. Not tomorrow, or when you are already sick. Health is wealth, so, start focusing on the small health related choices you can make today (i.e. quality sleep, nutrition, moderation in food and drink, exercise) Then just stay healthy, and do your best to keep sickness at bay, and the life you’ve imagined will always remain possible.
Bonus Tip For Living Life to The Fullest: Persist
Alright, this is the last suggestion to help you live your life to the fullest. It is a bonus tip, because it should be applied to each of the previous suggestion. So here it is: If you are serious about living your life to the fullest you’ll have to persist.
Creating an amazing life for yourself is possible, but it won’t happen overnight. It could happen in a few months, next year, or three years from now, but if you don’t persist, living your greatest life won’t be possible.
However, if you keep to it, life will eventually get tired of thrashing you. It will get bored of impeding you and getting in the way of the life you seek. So keep dreaming, keep pushing, keep reaching for the very best that life has to offer, and eventually life will throw up its arms and get the hell out of your way.
Mark our words, if you choose to be fearless for the life you want, and doggedly persist to obtain it, before you know it, you’ll be living the live you’ve always imagined.
There you have it, the best ways to get on with living life to the fullest. Life’s too short to aim for anything less than the best this life has to offer.
We hope these insights helped you believed that your best life is possible, and that you can start taking action today to turn your personal vision and idealized life into reality. With that being said, please share this page with someone who could use it, and don’t hesitate to bookmark it so you can easily revisit it in the future.
Repetition after all, is the mother of learning, the father of action, and thus the architect of achievement.
Till you reach your aims,
PS – If you enjoyed this article on how to live life to the fullest, then you’ll love these quotes on living life full out.
DAVE RAMSEY’S NET WORTH + HOW HE BECAME SO RICH
TOP 35 INDECISION QUOTES TO HELP YOU OVERCOME HESISTANCY AND INACTION
JESSICA ALBA’S NET WORTH + HOW MUCH IT’S CHANGED OVER TIME
75+ INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES ON THE POWER OF GRIT
ROBERT KIYOSAKI NET WORTH + HOW MUCH HE MAKES PER YEAR
35+ DON’T LOSE HOPE QUOTES TO GIVE YOU CONFIDENCE ABOUT THE FUTURE
75+ QUOTES ABOUT POTENTIAL TO INSPIRE THE BEST IN YOU
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2023)
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE UNLIMITED SUCCESS
20 BEST BOOKS ON CONFIDENCE TO LEVEL UP YOUR SELF-ESTEEM
TOP 25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS FOR SUCCESS
100+ INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
100+ WORK ETHIC QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE MORE
100+ PURPOSE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
Self-Discipline3 months ago
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2023)
Quotes3 months ago
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE UNLIMITED SUCCESS
Confidence2 months ago
20 BEST BOOKS ON CONFIDENCE TO LEVEL UP YOUR SELF-ESTEEM
Motivation5 months ago
TOP 25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS FOR SUCCESS
Motivation2 months ago
100+ INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
Quotes2 months ago
100+ WORK ETHIC QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE MORE
Inspiration7 months ago
100+ PURPOSE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
Inspiration2 months ago
100+ INSPIRING QUOTES ABOUT FOLLOWING YOUR DREAMS
Confidence1 year ago
100 INSPIRING COURAGE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FEEL COURAGEOUS
Quotes4 months ago
NO GUTS, NO GLORY QUOTES
Motivation2 months ago
100+ MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES TO HELP YOU NEVER GIVE UP
Motivation3 months ago
TOP 100 SUCCESS AND MOTIVATIONAL BLOGS FOR 2023