WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER STARTING A MEDIA COMPANY
I am going to tell you something you probably already know. We are simultaneously living in challenging times, while also living in an era of high leverage! It’s an era where more people have access to technology and information, while fewer control the distribution of that information.
It’s an era where anyone with $100 CAN start a media company and connect to billions of people all across the world. But, it’s equally an era where not everyone will.
There is a democratization of attention and influence that is continually evolving, improving, and becoming more accessible to all. In fact, it is unfolding right now as you read this! Truly, we are witnessing an era that holds more opportunity for every single person across the world, than at any other time in recent history.
These days, if you have a message, a computer, and access to the internet, you can create something big and influence how our world unfolds.
STARTING A MEDIA COMPANY CLOSES THE GAPS
In the past, there has always been a huge gap between the consumers and the creators of information.
The creators of our information and entertainment were the big media giants. Media giants like NBC, New York Times, ABC, Wall Street Journal, etc. These companies had, and still have deep pockets, they had control of the media production technology, along with all the distribution channels. Which, by default, made them the rulers of “media land”.
Not only were these media giants the rulers, but so were their 6 corporate rulers (GE, News Corp, Disney, Viacom, Time Warner, and CBS), because they got to influence and direct information in a way that benefited their business (and interests).
Because they were all the rulers of this so called “media land”, we had to watch and listen to what they wanted us to view and listen to. We were influenced to buy what they wanted us to buy (their advertisements etc.), and do what they wanted us to do.
By being the rulers of this so called “media land”, they got to choose the messaging and influence that the majority of the world would get to consume. In short, they had (have) the power. But WE can change all of this, and we should.
THE ERA OF YOU
But this era is no more friends. That was the old era, and now we are into the new. This era we have been shifting into, is the era where anybody with an idea, a message, and a willingness to strive, can connect with the multitude.
The era we now live in, is an era where anybody can grow their very own audience, and control the frequency and quality of the message themselves. We are now in the ‘era of you’.
You see, internet technology has evolved, and it is now allowing more and more people to choose what they want to consume and when.
Technology has unwittingly, put much power back into the hands of the people. We now have the power to choose what we want to consume, and to create that which we want others to understand. And fortunately, the barriers to entry have been removed.
“After all, everyone today–a business person, an educator, a politician, a student, an artist, an entrepreneur–can reach and interact with others directly. In other words, everyone is a media company today.” – Bharat Anand, Harvard ProfessorTweet Quote
Small and medium sized businesses have been slowly starting to pick up on this, and are moving in the direction of becoming their very own media companies. Small businesses are hedging their bets against the media giants that once ruled the landscape, and are staking their claim in this new world.
They have realized, that if they are not creating content, then they virtually don’t exist. Without a platform, they have no leverage, no way to influence, and will struggle to control their own destiny. They have realized the value of positioning themselves as a media business.
SEIZING THEIR MOMENT
Even a handful of artists, authors, and solo entrepreneurs have already picked up on this trend with remarkable success. As we speak, many are continually seizing more and more ground in terms of attention and subscribers from the old guard.
For example, look at these handful of individuals who not too long ago, decided that their moment was now. You will notice that they have managed to create massive audiences in a short amount of time. Audiences that have given them power, influence, and profits like they wouldn’t have ever been able to experience had they not seized their moment.
Gary Vaynerychuk: Gary Vee, as many know him by these days, has almost double the YouTube subscribers than NBC News. And when it comes to web traffic, his site pulls in almost 3% of NBC.com, which is impressive considering NBC.com currently pulls in around 18.5 million online viewers per month. Not bad considering he started his online empire by piggybacking off the online success he had selling wine for his parents liquor store.
From that modest success, Gary Vee managed to become the voice of hustling entrepreneurs the world over and one of the biggest advocates of becoming your own media company.
Evan Carmichael: Evan is about to surpass the New York Times on YouTube, which has just under a million subscribers. That is a phenomenal achievement, considering he’s just one guy (who leverages a small team) and has not been around for nearly as long as the New York Times. The cool thing about Evan, is he started out as with small website dedicated to sharing success insights for entrepreneurs. And over the years, he transformed his small platform into well-known brand and media outlet. If you’ve ever searched for any top 10 rules of success on Youtube, you’ve likely seen one of his inspirational videos.
Lori Deschene: Lori started a Twitter account to initially share her ideas, which then transitioned into a blog in 2009, and then transitioned it into a community site that now attracts close to 4 million active users monthly. Her current reach is roughly 14% that of old media companies, like Newsweek.
Pete Cashmore: Pete started a personal blog which would morph into Mashable.com, a site that now gets roughly 49.5 millions views per month! For perspective, that’s almost as much attention as the Wall Street Journal is currently getting!
Michael Arrington: Michael was an attorney who left his job to give his digital entrepreneurship idea a shot. After a year at it, he decided to go back to the working world. However, while his was back at his desk job, he decided to start a blog on the side. He chose to do this in order to keep up with all the changes in technology and all the new up and coming tech websites.
Out of that side-hustle came TechCrunch.com, the wildly popular media business focusing solely on news related to the technology industry. And currently pulling in around 27 million visitors per month.
Darren Rowse: Darren decided to started document how he was making money from his blog experiments in 2004. His blog became a hit, and turned into one of the best resources for aspiring bloggers and digital entrepreneurs. His site is ProBlogger.com, currently helps roughly 700,000 people a month with insights and information related to monetize content creation on the web.
Arriana Huffington: These days, everyone has heard of Arriana Huffington. If you don’t recognize her entire name entirely, surely you’ve heard of the Huffington Post, aka the Huffpost. Well, she was the co-founder of this massive media company. Arriana and Co. took a professional approach to their blog from the get go. And this is what helped them transform their blog into the media platform it is today, reaching 137,000,000 people a month.
Jason Wachob: Jason left Wall Street to start a low-carb cheesecake company, and after it failed he hit rock-bottom. But, he decided to recollect himself and rebuild anew. And even though he was working out of his mother’s basement, he leveraged his life experiences to start Mind Body Green.
And now, mindbodygreen.com is one of the most popular lifestyle media brands in the world.
With that said, this list can go on and on. But here’s the thing, if they can do it, you can do it too.
THE CHANCE OF A LIFE TIME
One of my personal heroes, Theodore Roosevelt once exclaimed, “Seize the moment. Man was never intended to become an oyster”. No doubt, he was talking about these type of moments, moments and opportunities that come once in a lifetime. Starting a blog or your very own media company at this moment in time, is the right moment.
So why am I sharing this with you? Because your time is now. Because I believe that what you have to say, matters! Your message, ideas, and influence can positively impact millions of people. And I don’t want you to waste this chance of a lifetime.
Just look at the change in access to the internet over the past few decades:
Like Bob Dylan said, ‘These times are a changing”. And now your voice can now be amplified to such a degree, that you can change the world.
Want to Create Your Own TV Show? Start by creating a channel on YouTube.
Curious about starting your own media company? Get a website, upload a Newspaper Theme, and start creating and aggregating content.
Want to create a community of like-minded individuals to start making an impact across the world? Do like Lori Deschene, and create a Facebook Group or a community website.
Interested in creating a platform to spread your message, build trust, and start growing your influence? Get Started on Your Own Media Company, and begin sharing your voice!
If you’re still not convinced, that’s okay. Starting a media company isn’t for everybody. You don’t have start with some grand plan either. Most successes don’t. They just had a dream and were willing to give that dream a try. However, if you’re still looking for some more good reasons to give your own thing a try, here are 10.
The bottom line is this…your voice matters, and now, unlike any time in recent history, you can leverage technology and help the world see and experience innovate and fresh ideas. The world is hungry for what you have to offer, for what you have to say. So, give it to them!
My friends, your moment is now. More people starting a media company is what our world needs.
PS – If you enjoyed this post about starting a media company, then you’ll likely enjoy this article on some of the best reasons to become an entrepreneur.
100+ MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES EVERY ENTREPRENEUR SHOULD LIVE BY
Entrepreneurship is not for the faint of heart or the risk averse. Despite what many believe, it is not all sunshine and rainbows. In fact, it’s a courageous approach to business and life that requires loads of determination, lots of spirited initiative, and massive amounts of resourcefulness. And while many, if not most entrepreneurs experience their fair share of setbacks and heartbreaking failure, even those who don’t manage to create a viable and sustainable enterprise deserve respect and appreciation; for they are all the true catalysts of economic growth and prosperity in our society.
With that said, in honor of those brave souls who risk the comfort and predictability of a stable career, put their lifesavings and fortune on the line, and endeavor to achieve the impossible, we wanted to publish some highly motivational quotes for entrepreneurs. We know the journey is rough, and a little inspiration and motivation can go a long way. So, If you’re an entrepreneur (or thinking about becoming one), we hope these motivational quotes will assist you on your journey towards entrepreneurial success.
MOTIVATIONAL ENTREPRENEUR QUOTES
1. “I am convinced that what separates successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” – Steve Jobs
2. “What does it mean to be an entrepreneur? I can tell you this, it is not for the faint of heart. It is only for the brave, the courageous, the calculated. Entrepreneurship is reserved for the resilient.” – Anonymous
3. “Failure is not the outcome, failure is not trying.” – Sara Blakely
4. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the winds, not with it.” – Henry Ford
5. “An entrepreneur isn’t someone who owns a business. It’s someone who makes things happen.” – Tim Ferriss
“An entrepreneur isn’t someone who owns a business. It’s someone who makes things happen.” – Tim FerrissTweet Quote
6. “Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.” – Goethe
7. “Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won’t, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can’t.” – Entrepreneur Quote
8. “If you want swashbuckling action in your life, become an entrepreneur and give it a go.” – Richard Branson
9. “Trust the still, small voice that says, “ this might work and I’ll try it.” – Diane Mariechild
10. “Dream big. Start small. But most of all, start.” – Simon Sinek
Motivational Quotes For Entrepreneurs
Alright, now that we got our top 10 quotes for entrepreneurs out of the way, we now want to zero-in on our favorite entrepreneur motivational quotes. No doubt, we believe all of the entrepreneur quotes we are presenting on this page are powerful quotes to live by, but this next batch has been specifically tailored to uplift and motivate our fellow entrepreneurs.
So, if you’re ready to keep those entrepreneurial flames lit, let’s get to it.
11. “It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt
12. “Success doesn’t come to you, you go to it.” – T. Scott Mcleod
13. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
14. “Learn from failure. If you are an entrepreneur and your first venture wasn’t a success, welcome to the club.” – Richard Branson
15. “The 99% that achieve are willing to sacrifice, be persistent and put in disproportionate work, and think in 50 year terms not 50 day terms.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
“The 99% that achieve are willing to sacrifice, be persistent and put in disproportionate work, and think in 50 year terms not 50 day terms.” – Gary VaynerchukTweet Quote
16. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
17. “Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.” – Howard Schultz
18. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Peter Drucker
19. “One of the huge mistakes people make is that they try to force an interest on themselves. You don’t choose your passions; your passions choose you.” – Jeff Bezos
20. “Failure shows us the way—by showing us what isn’t the way.” – Ryan Holiday
21. “What I know for sure is that if you want to have success, you can’t make success your goal. The key is not to worry about being successful, but to instead work toward being significant — and the success will naturally follow… If you do work that you love, and work that fulfills you, the rest will come. And I truly believe, that the reason I’ve been able to be so financially successful is because my focus has never, ever for one minute been money. Would you do your job and not be paid for it? I would do this job, and take on a second job just to make ends meet if nobody paid me. That’s how you know you are doing the right thing.” – Oprah Winfrey
22. “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
23. “A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.” – John A. Shedd
24. “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
25. “You have to see failure as the beginning and the middle, but never entertain it as an end.” – Jessica Herrin
“You have to see failure as the beginning and the middle, but never entertain it as an end.” – Jessica HerrinTweet Quote
26. “What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?” – Robert Schuller
27. “The most valuable thing you can make is a mistake — you can’t learn anything from being perfect” – Adam Osborne
28. “Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn’t know it so it goes on flying anyway.” – Mary Kay Ash
29. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
30. “If something is important enough, you do it even if the odds aren’t in your favor.” – Elon Musk
“If something is important enough, you do it even if the odds aren’t in your favor.” – Elon MuskTweet Quote
31. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing and falling over.” – Richard Branson
32. “Passion, patience, and persistence are the ingredients to be an entrepreneur.” – Jawo
33. “Never too young to start an empire. Never too old to chase a dream.” – Anonymous
34. “The secret to happiness is freedom… And the secret to freedom is courage.” – Thucydides
35. “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffett
“Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren BuffettTweet Quote
36. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
37. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” – Muhammad Ali
38. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway” – Earl Nightingale
39. “The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be.” – Reid Hoffman
40. “Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
41. “You can get most things you want in life. It’s just that most goals will take one or two years longer than expected. Be patient.” – Tail Lopez
42. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
43. “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
44. “Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.” – Khalil Gibran
45. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” – Michael JordanTweet Quote
46. “Everyone can tell you the risk, an entrepreneur can see the reward.” – Robert Kiyosaki
47. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
48. “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
49. “Don’t ever let someone tell you that you can’t do something. You want something, go get it.” – Will Smith, The Pursuit of Happyness
50. “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
Alright, you’re just about halfway there. We hope your enjoying these motivational entrepreneur quotes so far. If you’re having trouble finishing the page, don’t hesitate to bookmark us and come back when you’re ready to finish strong.
But, if you’re got fire in you’re belly, and achievement in eyes, let’s get back to these motivational quotes for entrepreneurs.
Related: Quotes For Success + Achievement
51. “It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste.” – Henry Ford
52. “The most dangerous thing you can do in life is play it safe.” – Casey Neistat
53. “Chase the vision. Not the money. The money will end up following you.” – Tony Hsieh
54. “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
55. “Whatever you do, don’t ever use a crutch, and don’t ever think of having an excuse for not having said, ‘Yeah, I did my best.” – Isadore Sharp
“Whatever you do, don’t ever use a crutch, and don’t ever think of having an excuse for not having said, ‘Yeah, I did my best.” – Isadore SharpTweet Quote
56. “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
57. “The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.” – Tacitus
58. “If you’re not a risk taker, you should get the hell out of business.” – Ray Kroc
59. “Work like hell. I mean you just have to put in 80 to 100 hour weeks every week. This improves the odds of success. If other people are putting in 40 hour workweeks and you’re putting in 100 hour workweeks, then even if you’re doing the same thing, you know that you will achieve in four months what it takes them a year to achieve.” – Elon Musk
60. “The sight of a achievement is the greatest gift a human can offer to others.” – Ayn Rand
“The sight of a achievement is the greatest gift a human can offer to others.” – Ayn RandTweet Quote
61. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
62. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
63. “You want to kill a big dream, tell it to a small minded person.” – Steve Harvey
64. “The only thing any entrepreneur, salesperson, or anyone in any position can control is their effort.” – Mark Cuban
65. “Nobody talks about entrepreneurship as a survival, but that’s exactly what it is and what nurtures creative thinking. Running that first shop taught me business is not financial science; it’s about trading: buying and selling.” – Anita Roddick
“Nobody talks about entrepreneurship as a survival, but that’s exactly what it is and what nurtures creative thinking. Running that first shop taught me business is not financial science; it’s about trading: buying and selling.” – Anita RoddickTweet Quote
66. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
67. “A man’s worth is no greater than the worth of his ambitions.” – Marcus Aurelius
68. “There is no royal flower-strewn path to success. And if there is, I have not found it, for if I have accomplished anything in life it is because I have been willing to work hard.” – Madam C.J. Walker
69. “People will make you rich, or keep you broke, depending on the way you serve them. You should make up your mind at the outset if you are planning to become a successful entrepreneur, that you are going to make people outside the organization and inside the organization your special concern.” – Earl Nightingale
70. “Entrepreneurship is neither a science nor an art. It is a practice.” – Peter Drucker
71. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
72. “Winners never quit and quitters never win.” – Vince Lombardi“
73. “To know what life is worth, you have to risk it once in a while.” – Jean Paul Sartre
74. “To any entrepreneur: if you want to do it, do it now. If you don’t, you’re going to regret it.” – Catherine Cook
75. “When you cease to dream you cease to live.” – Malcolm Forbes
76. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain
77. “It’s not about money or connections. It’s the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone when it comes to your business.” – Mark Cuban
78. “An entrepreneur tends to bite off a little more than he can chew hoping he’ll quickly learn how to chew it.” – Roy Ash
79. “As an entrepreneur, you work out solutions.” – Les Wexner
80. “What you can be, you must be!” – Abraham Maslow
81. “One of the biggest mistakes entrepreneurs make is that we lie to ourselves. We don’t step back and look at ourselves like a competitor would.” – Mark Cuban
82. “Achievement seems to be connected with action. Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes but they never quit.” – Conrad Hilton
83. “Entrepreneurial business favors the open mind. It favors people whose optimism drives them to prepare for many possible futures, pretty much purely for the joy of doing so.” – Richard Branson
84. “Find something that you love. Something that gets you so excited you can’t wait to get out of bed in the morning.” – Forget about money. Be happy.” – Chris Gardner
85. “I will win. Maybe not immediately. But absolutely and definitely.” – Anonymous
86. “Success is not in what you have, but who you are.” – Bo Bennett
87. “One quality of entrepreneurship is just persistence, not giving up because you have road blocks and also not giving in because other people tell you that you’re nuts. You are nuts and you should be proud of it. Stick with what you believe in.” – Trip Hawkings
88. “Remember, people don’t buy from you because they understand what you sell—they buy from you because they feel understood.” – Dan Lok
89. “Whatever you do, be different — that was the advice my mother gave me, and I can’t think of better advice for an entrepreneur. If you’re different, you will stand out.” – Anita Roddick
90. “The path to success is to take massive, determined action.” – Tony Robbins
91. “To become an entrepreneur is not easy, and a lot of people who try to become entrepreneurs they fail along the way. But the good ones pick themselves up and try again and try again until they succeed.” – Richard Branson
92. “If you are an entrepreneur planning to start your own company, I can’t think of a better place to begin than by operating your business by the Golden Rule. Make this a high priority; never make a decision that contradicts the Gold Rule.” – Mary Kay Ash
93. “To become financially independent you must turn part of your income into capital; turn capital into enterprise; turn enterprise into profit; turn profit into investment; and turn investment into financial independence.” – Jim Rohn
94. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
95. “Bad companies are destroyed by crisis. Good companies survive them. Great companies are improved by them.” – Andy Grove
“Bad companies are destroyed by crisis. Good companies survive them. Great companies are improved by them.” – Andy GroveTweet Quote
96. “To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.” – Soren Kierkegaard
97. “The things that hurt, instruct.” – Benjamin Franklin
98. An entrepreneur is someone with faith in their ability to make something where there was nothing before. To them, the idea that no one has ever done this or that is a good thing.” – Ryan Holiday
99. “All my life people have said that I wasn’t going to make it… You can never quit. Winners never quit, and quitters never win.” – Ted Turner
100. “It’s easy to dream about it… Much harder to execute it… Work!” – Gary Vee
101. “Being rich is not the ultimate goal. Creating wealth and having time freedom is.” – Bedros Keuilian
102. “Focus on providing value, the rest will take care of itself.” – Ryan Pineda
103. “Instead of thinking how hard your journey is, think how great your story will be.” – Andy Frisella
104. “It takes the same energy to think small as it does to think big. So dream big and think bigger.” – Daymond John
105. “Companies don’t want you to have multiple revenue streams because then they can’t own you.” – Codie Sanchez
“Companies don’t want you to have multiple revenue streams because then they can’t own you.” – Codie SanchezTweet Quote
Bonus Entrepreneur Quote
Bonus: Here is our last and final motivational quote for entrepreneurs. Indeed, it should be the most motivating, as it is for us. We hope you feel the same. Enjoy!
There you have it, the 100 most powerful entrepreneur motivation quotes to give you a bit of direction if you lost it, guidance if you need it, and the courage to stay the course on your entrepreneurial journey to success.
We know first hand how the road of entrepreneurship can be rife with uncertainty, fear, discouragement, and even loneliness. But, we’ve got your back here at The STRIVE. So, come back and visit us when you need a little pick-me-up or a friendly nudge to keep you moving forward.
PS – If you enjoyed this collection of motivational quotes for entrepreneurs, then you’ll appreciate these quotes about following your dreams.
9 TIPS IF YOU WANT TO START A BUSINESS WITH NO IDEAS
So, you want to start a business but have no ideas?
There are an unlimited number of ideas out there. And there are many ways to find those ideas. You only need to learn how to tap into your creative genius to spot them.
But where do you start?
The best ideas are those closest to your heart. Ideas that are good and that you will enjoy pursuing. Because when you love the process, you will stay consistent despite setbacks.
And that’s key to building a successful business.
Let’s dive into 9 tips to start a business if you have no ideas.
HOW TO BE AN ENTREPRENEUR WITHOUT AN IDEA
Tip 1: What Are You Passionate About?
Follow your passion – it sounds cliche.
But in simpler terms, it means doing what you enjoy. And though it sounds so simple, this part is crucial in staying consistent for most people.
Sure, you can trade crypto because it’s popular. You can build a real estate business because many wealthy people do it. Or start an online business to have the freedom to travel the world.
But none of them is easy.
All of them come with hardships, setbacks, and challenging times.
And if you lack joy in the process, you most likely give up when those times happen.
So, when you come up with business ideas, make sure to pursue the ones you fall in love with. Don’t just go with the idea because it could make a quick buck.
Here are some ways to think about new ideas:
- What do you already enjoy doing?
- How do you spend your free time?
- What do you talk about all the time?
- Who or what inspires you in the world – and why?
- At what moments do you completely forget about time?
- If you could master one skill instantly, what would it be?
It’s a great idea to begin with yourself if you want to start a business with no ideas.
Tip 2: What Are Your Strengths?
Starting a business around your strengths is a great idea.
Knowing your strengths is key to achieving success. It enables you to get into positions in which you thrive. Simultaneously, it allows you to team up with those who complement you best.
Besides, it’s no secret that most people tend to enjoy what they excel at. In other words, finding your strengths may uncover some new passions.
And before you tell yourself that you lack any strengths, everyone does.
It just manifests in different ways.
For some, it’s hidden in a specific skill, like coding or painting. For others, it’s hidden in their character traits. And while some are exceptional with people, others do their best work alone.
Here’s how you can find yours:
- What were you naturally better at in school?
- What do you do with ease that others struggle with?
- What do others compliment you for?
- Do an online strengths test, like the free High 5 Test.
Think about your strengths from different angles. For example, are you good with numbers? Very creative? Are you great with people? Are you accountable? Responsible? Ambitious? Good at money management? Or brilliant with computers? Etc.
If you struggle to find your natural powers, do various strength tests. That way, you will get input from different perspectives.
Tip 3: Start With Purpose
In the famous TED talk, Simon Sinek talks about having a purpose. Or as he calls it, having a “Why”.
And he explains how Apple used it to become the standalone brand they are today. But it’s not just for brands.
It’s for individuals too.
A good example is Viktor Frankl. In his book, Man’s Search for Meaning, he writes about how purpose has helped him survive and thrive in the concentration camps of the Nazis during World War II.
That’s how powerful a purpose is.
It can be the single reason that causes you to keep going, despite feeling unmotivated, lacking willpower, and wanting to give up.
Besides, finding your purpose may lead straight to the perfect business idea. Here you can learn how to find your purpose.
Tip 4: Audit Your Existing Skills and Knowledge
When you want to start a business with no ideas, a good place to start is with your current skills and knowledge.
What do you know well?
It’s often challenging to start a business in something you have no experience. But you will find it easier to come up with ideas when you already have some knowledge and skills.
It provides a launchpad towards success.
You can use that to develop your business experience and confidence. And you can use that to spiral up new ideas and start new businesses if that’s what you desire.
But what do you do if you lack skills or knowledge?
Know that your skill sets translate to your business success.
So, the more skills you learn, whether those are skills like coding and marketing, or soft skills like communication and selling, determine your success.
Do you not have any skill set yet? Then you might want to start there first. Here is a list of 10 well-paying and in-demand skills.
Tip 5: Research Different Niches
There are many, and I mean many, different business ideas and opportunities out there. And finding one that suits you is a matter of doing research and then trying stuff out.
Think about it: almost anything you can think off has a business around it somewhere in the world.
Online businesses alone already come with unlimited amounts of opportunity. You just need to explore your options.
Do your research, and you will have a business idea in no time.
Here’s where you can start:
- Consultant (online) in any area of expertise
- Developer: freelance or building your own thing
- Commerce store: physical or online
- Restaurant or food truck owner
- A personal trainer or gym owner
- Coaching or teaching of any kind
- Designers of all sorts
- A planning business
- A travel business
- Massage therapist
- A cleaning business
- Running your own Airbnb
- An (online) marketing business
- A sales business
There are just too many options to list. But if you struggle with your research, you can also check out these 5 easy business ideas.
Do your research, explore the options, and soon have a great idea to start a successful business.
Tip 6: Consume More
Consuming more may sound counterproductive. But I do not imply that you should watch more tv. Instead, you should deliberately choose what to take in.
And in being deliberate, I mean learning about ideas on a range of different things.
Read non-fiction books on any topics. Dive into biographies of the people you admire. Watch documentaries about a range of things. Read blogs, watch YouTube videos, and explore everything.
Expand your knowledge.
Seek to understand a bit of everything. And then, dive deeper into what interests you to find a business idea.
Exploring a variety of topics is good advice in general. Not just for starting a business if you have no ideas but also for your personal life.
Tip 7: Practice Creativity
You may not see yourself as creative, but all humans are. And there’s an easy way to prove that to yourself:
Come up with one business idea every day.
That’s not too difficult, right? You don’t have to be original. You don’t have to go wild and think outside the box.
You just need to come up with a different idea every day.
It develops the habit of creativity. Starting with simple and common business ideas gets you into that way of thinking. Then, over time, business ideas appear everywhere you go.
And that’s when you come up with out-of-the-box ideas.
That’s when creativity works its magic.
But until then, you will have to develop the habit. You have to stimulate the mind a little bit. After all, you only become good at something if you practice it.
Tip 8: Solve Problems
Every successful business solves a problem. In fact, if yours doesn’t solve a specific problem, you will soon be out of business.
And there are many different problems to solve.
- World problems, like climate change.
- Local problems, like not having a gym in the area.
- Psychological issues, like self-created suffering.
- Social problems, like how we deal with each other.
- Financial problems, like not being able to pay the bills.
- Health problems, like struggles to lose weight.
There are just so many problems in the world. Find an issue that’s meaningful to you. And start your business around solving it.
Need more guidance in finding problems?
Start with yourself.
What problems have you encountered in your life? Which problems did you overcome?
For example, people who struggle with weight loss may become the best personal trainers. Why? Because they can relate to their clients and understand their pain.
If you want to start a business and have no ideas, think about the closest problems to your heart. What would you like to solve?
Tip 9: Build an Audience First
You may already feel passionate about something but fail to see how to start a business around it. Or even if you see a path, it might involve many risks, like significant investments.
But you can start risk-free.
Here’s a business idea that requires no capital. Something you can start from the comfort of your home. With nothing more than a keen interest in a specific topic.
And that’s to build an audience first.
Before you have any idea about what to sell, why not build an audience around your topic of interest first? Then, listen to your audience and get them involved.
And then use their input to develop products or services.
It’s a great model.
All you need is a passion and a platform through which you want to talk about it. Think about YouTube or TikTok if you like creating videos, a podcast if you enjoy audio, or a blog if you enjoy writing.
For example, on my blog, I talk about personal development. And while it doesn’t make a lot of money today, I focus on building an audience first to learn more about them.
Besides, it’s a great learning experience, and I enjoy it. And with the knowledge gained, I might just start a completely different business.
You will just have to start somewhere.
So, if none of the tips in this article gave you a business idea, at least give this tip a try. It has proven to be my best decision in life.
If you’ve applied all 9 tips, and you’re STILL thinking to yourself, ‘I want to start a business, but have no ideas, nor a clue as to what I should do’, then this last and final bonus tip will do the trick.
Ultimately, this last bonus tip (or rather insights) will have you watching a handful of videos from the following YouTube channels. These channels are the best of the best when it comes to business ideas, what it takes to run those businesses, how much you can expect to make in each. Our suggestion is to pick the show you like best, and then take a deeper dive into all of their videos for countless business ideas. Here they are:
Video Credit: UpFlip (Subscribe Here)
Video Credit: Codie Sanchez (Subscribe Here)
REYES THE ENTREPRENEUR
Video Credit: Reyes The Entrepreneur (Subscribe Here)
Starting a business is hard. And starting a business with no ideas may seem near impossible. But ideas and opportunities are everywhere.
The question is: where do you look for the best ones?
I hope that I’ve inspired you to start with yourself in this article. Understand who you are. What makes you tick. And then teach yourself to come up with new business ideas every time.
It’s all about taking action.
Perhaps you won’t find your perfect idea straight away. Many entrepreneurs start many businesses throughout their lives. Many of which fail.
But through these experiences, they eventually find the perfect one.
In other words, give the tips in this article some thought. Then, find something that you would enjoy, don’t be afraid to experiment, and just start taking action.
PS – If you’ve ever said to yourself, “I want to start a business, but have no ideas”, then you’ll enjoy these helpful resources:
75+ MOTIVATIONAL ROBERT HERJAVEC QUOTES FOR SUCCESS
Robert Herjavec is not only one of North America’s most recognizable entrepreneurs, but he’s also a highly successful author, venture capitalist, and motivator. These days, he’s most recognized as one of the key panel members on the extremely popular reality T.V. show, ‘Shark Tank’. As a dynamic entrepreneur, he’s built and sold numerous IT companies, he’s grown his net worth to over $200 million, as well as authored numerous best-selling books. In short, Herjavec understands success. Which is why we’ve pulled together this powerful list of Robert Herjavec quotes.
We believe success leaves clues, and one of the easiest ways to learn how someone has achieved their success, is to listen to what they say and watch what they do. So, we intend to cover what Robert Herjavec has had to say about success with these insightful quotes. So, if you’re ready for some motivating Robert Herjavec quotes for success, then let’s dive in:
ROBERT HERJAVEC QUOTES FOR SUCCESS
1. “I think the best investment is in yourself, and I’m running a living, breathing, high-growth company.” – Robert Herjavec
2. “Thinking too much leads to paralysis by analysis. It’s important to think things through, but many use thinking as a means of avoiding action.” – Robert Herjavec
3. “It is human nature, especially as we get older, to look for stability in our lives. But if you want to be a successful entrepreneur, you have to fight against that somewhat, as starting a business requires movement. You cannot stay still.” – Robert Herjavec
4. “The more you avoid risk, the less likely it is that you’ll achieve all that is possible within your own capabilities.” – Robert Herjavec
5. “It is not the strong or the weak that will survive — it is the resilient.” – Robert Herjavec
“It is not the strong or the weak that will survive — it is the resilient.” – Robert HerjavecTweet Quote
6. “Tough times never last; tough people do.” – Robert Herjavec
7. “If you’re hard on yourself, life will be easy on you.” – Robert Herjavec
8. “The best way to get past doubt and inexperience is simply action.” – Robert Herjavec
9. “People always think success comes easy, but if you are an entrepreneur, you know how much hard work goes into your business. Being an entrepreneur always comes at a price. The key is to use every challenge that comes your way as a source of motivation.” – Robert Herjavec
10. “Your ability to achieve is limited only by your ability to dream.” – Robert Herjavec
11. “A goal without a deadline is just a dream.” – Robert Herjavec
12. “All first-time entrepreneurs should be a little naïve, because if they were truly aware of all the dangers facing them, they might forget the whole idea.” – Robert Herjavec
13. “Too much thinking leads to paralysis by analysis.” – Robert Herjavec
14. “Someday’ isn’t a real day like Monday or Tuesday; it’s just another word for ‘never.” – Robert Herjavec
15. “Successful businesspeople retain a quality most others not only lack but often fail to comprehend, and that’s the unrelenting drive to convert a vision into reality.” – Robert Herjavec
“Successful businesspeople retain a quality most others not only lack but often fail to comprehend, and that’s the unrelenting drive to convert a vision into reality.” – Robert HerjavecTweet Quote
16. “Risk in business, as in life, cannot be avoided. But it can be managed.” – Robert Herjavec
17. “If you are under the impression that you can start a business and run it at your life’s schedule, you are mistaken. The business is like a starving puppy — when it needs to eat, then it needs to eat regardless of what you have going on personally.” – Robert Herjavec
18. “Nobody starts a great business for a paycheck.” – Robert Herjavec
19. “To succeed in business you have to do three things; work your butt off, be extravagant with your dreams but practical with your expenses, and avoid thinking about failure.” – Robert Herjavec
20. “Life doesn’t owe you anything. All you’re owed is an opportunity.” – Robert Herjavec
21. “It’s the thousand little non-sexy, non-exciting, mundane things that you have to do in order to be recognized, that make you succeed.” – Robert Herjavec
22. “People that succeed in life tend to have a need for something greater than themselves.” – Robert Herjavec
23. “Don’t start a business. Find a problem, solve a problem, the business comes second.” – Robert Herjavec
24. “Cash is the lifeblood of your business. There are very few things in business that will kill you, but running out of cash is one of those things. You can recover from almost any other mistake, but if you run out of cash you’re dead.” – Robert Herjavec
25. “Business is a sprint until you find an opportunity, then it’s the patience of a marathon runner.” – Robert Herjavec
“Business is a sprint until you find an opportunity, then it’s the patience of a marathon runner.” – Robert HerjavecTweet Quote
26. “You can’t rush the miles. No matter how fast I run, the five miles isn’t going to be done in the first five minutes.” – Robert Herjavec
27. “The idea of getting a lifetime job, and making $100,000 a year, with benefits, is dead and gone. It’s over. And it may never come again. That’s a very scary thought for a lot of people.” – Robert Herjavec
28. “I don’t look at failure as death, I don’t look at failure as finality. I just look at it and pick myself up and say ‘we shouldn’t have done that’ and move on.” – Robert Herjavec
29. “Don’t ever be enamored by what something sells for. It’s more important what you get to keep in your pocket.” – Robert Herjavec
30. “I am a very nice guy, but don’t mistake my kindness for weakness.” – Robert Herjavec
31. “Without the ability to visualize a goal and believe it will be reached, nothing of substance will be achieved. Not by anybody. Not at any time. Not in any place.” – Robert Herjavec
32. “Don’t worry about how others see you — just be authentic and honest! Everything else is beyond your control.” – Robert Herjavec
33. “If you’re not prepared to make your pitch, you may just miss your next big opportunity.” – Robert Herjavec
34. “I’m really inspired to build a billion-dollar company. The hardest part is building the vehicle to get you there.” – Robert Herjavec
35. “I had to be successful to justify my parents sacrifice for me.” – Robert Herjavec
36. “What is great about entrepreneurship is that entrepreneurs create the tangible from the intangible.” – Robert Herjavec
37. “Of all the people I have met who have achieved a level of economic success similar to my own were driven to realize a dream, but not necessarily to become wealthy. Remember, success is doing what you want to do.” – Robert Herjavec
38. “I’m intrigued that the same letters from the alphabet are used in the word silent and in the word listen. Perhaps it’s evidence that the most important part of listening involves remaining silent.” – Robert Herjavec
39. “Just like any business is a living breathing thing, an entrepreneur has to be able to adapt over time.” – Robert Herjavec
40. “Be risky at work. Be safe with your investments.” – Robert Herjavec
41. “Unless you can’t wait to get started on building your business each day when you wake up, reconsider your goal.” – Robert Herjavec
42. “Your business will never be ” fully built ” so make sure you’re just as excited on day 1000 as you are on day 1 ! As soon as you feel bored or indifferent , it’s time to reevaluate what you’re doing and make a change.” – Robert Herjavec
43. “Success is not linear — you’re bound to experience detours on the road to success.” – Robert Herjavec
44. “Do something every single day to move yourself forward, no matter how small, no matter what’s happening around you.” – Robert Herjavec
45. “We all learn to walk before we run – this is the same in business. Nobody makes one giant leap forward right off the bat. Focus on the small things you can do to constantly move forward.” – Robert Herjavec
“We all learn to walk before we run – this is the same in business. Nobody makes one giant leap forward right off the bat. Focus on the small things you can do to constantly move forward.” – Robert HerjavecTweet Quote
46. “Always trust your gut – it won’t always be right but if every decision was obvious on paper every MBA student would be a multi-millionaire.” – Robert Herjavec
47. “I’ve made mistakes and learned a lot of lessons but the biggest lesson I’ve learned – always trust your gut!! ” – Robert Herjavec
48. “What’s the best measure of success? Never underestimate the value of having fun.” – Robert Herjavec
49. “You should be prepared not only to accept chaos in your life, but to embrace it. Welcome it. Thrive in it.” – Robert Herjavec
50. “There is no greater teacher in life – for anything – than real-life experience.” – Robert Herjavec
“There is no greater teacher in life – for anything – than real-life experience.” – Robert HerjavecTweet Quote
51. “One quality I look for in people is the ability to pivot energy and strategy based on what ‘s going on around them, while still being authentic and engaged.” – Robert Herjavec
52. “Good entrepreneurs are like chameleons, who can change their colors to adapt to different situations.” – Robert Herjavec
Related: Motivational Quotes For Entrepreneurs
53. “Expansion isn’t a goal or a business strategy, it is an undeniable fact of life.” – Robert Herjavec
54. “There is no shame in changing course when aiming for success.” – Robert Herjavec
55. “No matter where you are in life, you can set a new goal and dream to new heights, but all the world owes you is an opportunity – you’ve got to do the rest. Every day I wake up and think, “How can I move the ball forward?” – Robert Herjavec
“No matter where you are in life, you can set a new goal and dream to new heights, but all the world owes you is an opportunity – you’ve got to do the rest. Every day I wake up and think, “How can I move the ball forward?” – Robert HerjavecTweet Quote
56. “Success doesn’t happen because you ‘re lucky — it happens because you worked for it!” – Robert Herjavec
57. “It’s good to have a dream, but it’s better to wake up early and hustle.” – Robert Herjavec
58. “Today we do what others won’t, so that tomorrow we can accomplish what others can’t.” – Robert Herjavec
59. “Entrepreneurship is tough — sacrifices must be made and you must be driven to succeed! Every entrepreneur I work with will tell you it’s worth it though… My advice to my younger self would be to have dreamed bigger and take more risks early!” – Robert Herjavec
60. “You have to be passionate about one thing, be great at one thing.” – Robert Herjavec
61. “You know, every time you lose at something, you’re one step closer to winning the next time.” – Robert Herjavec
62. “People overcomplicate business and success.” – Robert Herjavec
63. “People think today ‘Oh I can’t get ahead, it’s really hard.” Yeah, damn right it’s really hard, and it should be hard. Entrepreneurship is the great equalizer. It’s not about who your parents are, it’s not about your color, it’s not about your sex, it’s not about your religion. You know, business doesn’t really care. Business only cares about the value that you add.” – Robert Herjavec
64. “The world will reward your knowledge of a very narrow field.” – Robert Herjavec
65. “The difference between successful people and non-successful people, let’s call it that way, are people give up.” – Robert Herjavec
“The difference between successful people and non-successful people, let’s call it that way, are people give up.” – Robert HerjavecTweet Quote
66. “I think most people are blinded by fear. And to be successful at anything, you’ve got to be able to control that and work your way through it.” – Robert Herjavec
67. “Nobody likes to do business with someone who isn’t nice.” – Robert Herjavec
68. “It’s not the strong, it’s the bit, it’s not the rich, it’s not the poor that’ll inherit the Earth, it’ll be the efficient.” – Robert Herjavec
69. “I think greatness comes when you marry you passion with your “job”. – Robert Herjavec
70. “Find something you’re going to be great at and let the money follow you.” – Robert Herjavec
“Find something you’re going to be great at and let the money follow you.” – Robert HerjavecTweet Quote
71. “The reality is, as my dad said, if you work hard, you will never be poor in life. But just because you work hard, doesn’t mean you’ll be rich.” – Robert Herjavec
72. “The reality is, that the harder you work, it’s true, the luckier you get.” – Robert Herjavec
73. “The minute you think you’ve made it, is the beginning of the end.” – Robert Herjavec
74. “I worked really really hard for my money, when I give it to somebody, I expect to get it back.” – Robert Herjavec
75. “I didn’t want to be rich, I just didn’t want to be poor.” – Robert Herjavec
76. “I didn’t want to be middle class, or lower middle-class, or mediocre, I just wanted to be great at something.” – Robert Herjavec
77. “I figured that the game of business is played by people who are great at a singular task.” – Robert Herjavec
78. “Being overly sensitive to rejection can become a destructive virus.” – Robert Herjavec
79. “When I was a waiter, I wanted to be the best waiter I could be and worked to be better at it everyday.” – Robert Herjavec
80. “The world does not reward mediocrity nor does it reward average. It only rewards exceptional.” – Robert Herjavec
“The world does not reward mediocrity nor does it reward average. It only rewards exceptional.” – Robert HerjavecTweet Quote
Bonus Robert Herjavec Quote
Bonus: Here’s our last and final Robert Herjavec quote for success. We’ve included it as a bonus because it most aligns with our philosophy here at The STRIVE. So, read it, embrace it, live it. Enjoy!
Related: Robert Herjavec Success Story
There you have it, the best of the best Robert Herjavec quotes on success. We hope these quotes inspired you to think a bit differently about success and achievement, and how you can experience more of them for yourself.
If you found any of these quotes especially helpful, please share them with someone who could use a few good words. That said, if you haven’t achieved your dreams yet, keep at it till you do.
PS – If you enjoyed these inspiring Robert Herjavec quotes, then you’ll probably enjoy these quotes from fellow shark Lori Greiner or Daymond John.
100 BEST RICHARD BRANSON QUOTES ON SUCCESS, BUSINESS & LIFE
Richard Branson is an international entrepreneur, adventurer, and one of the richest men in the world. He’s the founder of Virgin Group, which currently comprises of over 400 different companies, and he’s the author of over 12 different books, with some of them becoming international best-sellers like Losing My Virginity and Screw It, Let’s Do It.
But Branson’s not just an accomplished businessman, he’s also an inspiring human being, and an icon of possibility. Due to poor academic performance caused by his dyslexia, Branson ended up dropping out of school at the age of 16, and eventually became a squatter for a short period of time. Fortunately, he pulled himself up by his bootstraps, tried his hand a few businesses, and kept trying until one of them hit. And since that initial success, he’s has yet to look back. Indeed, Branson has shown the world that he knows a thing or two about success, business, and life. So, we aim to share a bit of his wisdom with you with this inspiring collection of Richard Branson quotes.
Best Richard Branson Quotes
1. As some wise person once said, ‘Life is not a dress rehearsal.’ This is it! So unless you plan to give it a better shot in your next life — assuming you are lucky enough to get a second chance — then why risk wasting any of your limited time on this earth doing stuff that doesn’t light your fire?” – Richard Branson
2. “The best advice I could give anyone is to spend your time working on whatever you are passionate about in life.” – Richard Branson
3. “If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity but you are not sure you can do it, say yes — then learn how to do it later.” – Richard Branson
4. “Learn from failure. If you are an entrepreneur and your first venture wasn’t a success, welcome to the club.” – Richard Branson
5. “Respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress.” – Richard Branson
“Respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress.” – Richard BransonTweet Quote
6. “Life is a series of ups and downs. Make it worth your wild!” – Richard Branson
7. “You don’t learn to walk by following the rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.”
8. “There is no greater thing you can do with your life and your work than follow your passions — in a way that serves the world and you.” – Richard Branson
9. “Whatever your goal is you will never succeed unless you let go of your fears and fly.” – Richard Branson
10. “The best way of learning about anything is by doing.” – Richard Branson
Extremely Inspiring Quotes By Richard Branson
The previous section consisted of the most famous Richard Branson quotes, so chances are you may have already heard or read some of them. However, this next section consists of some of the most inspiring Richard Branson quotes, that you may have never heard of before.
No doubt, these next Branson quotes will both inspire and motivate you, so enjoy
11. “Life is a hell of a lot more fun if you say yes rather than no.” – Richard Branson
12. “Spend more time smiling than frowning and more time praising than criticizing.” – Richard Branson
13. “I don’t think of work as work and play as play. It’s all living.” – Richard Branson
14. “As soon as something stops being fun, I think it’s time to move on. Life is too short to be unhappy. Waking up stressed and miserable is not a good way to live.” – Richard Branson
15. “You’re guaranteed to miss every shot you don’t take.” – Richard Branson
16. “Take a chance. It’s the best way to test yourself. Have fun and push boundaries.” – Richard Branson
17. “Take the competition seriously, but not yourself.” – Richard Branson
18. “If you opt for a safe life, you will never know what it’s like to win.” – Richard Branson
19. “I can’t change the world by myself… but it does take somebody to start.” – Richard Branson
20. “If your dreams don’t scare you they are too small.” – Richard Branson
Related: Go For Your Dreams Quotes
21. “Stick your neck out…it’s a lot more fun than sitting at home and watching other people do it.” – Richard Branson
22. “The best lesson I learned was to just do it. It doesn’t matter what it is, or how hard it might seem, as the ancient Greek, Plato, said, ‘The beginning is the most important part of any work.” – Richard Branson
23. “Don’t become a slave to technology – manage your phone, don’t let it manage you.” – Richard Branson
24. “You can call it what you like, luck, good fortune, coincidence, serendipity, right place at the right time, or even ‘hard work’, but I think no one has defined this mysterious element any better than Roman Philosopher Seneca who some two thousand years ago said, ‘Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.'” – Richard Branson
25. “If you spot an opportunity and are really excited by it, throw yourself into it with everything you’ve got.” – Richard Branson
“If you spot an opportunity and are really excited by it, throw yourself into it with everything you’ve got.” – Richard BransonTweet Quote
26. “Finding the spotlight isn’t about standing in it. There’s so much to be gained from working with people who support each other to achieve great things.” – Richard Branson
27. “We spend most of our waking lives at work, so it’s important that we do what we love and love what we do.” – Richard Branson
28. “If your eyes are fixed on the rear-view mirror, you’ll miss that important turn coming up.” – Richard Branson
29. “Life is all about striving and growing. I never want to have made it; I want to continue making it!” – Richard Branson
30. “There can be no greatness without striving.” – Richard Branson
31. “How slim the line is between genius and insanity and between determination and stubbornness.” – Richard Branson
32. “I think if you believe in what you’re doing, many people will tell you why you’re mistaken or why it will never work. But if you really believe passionately in what you’re doing just keep going, keep pushing, keep pushing on until you either succeed or at least you realize that it’s just not going to happen. And then if you don’t succeed, pick yourself up and try again. And ultimately, if you’re that determined, you’ll succeed in life, and if you don’t, you’ll have a lot of fun trying.” – Richard Branson
33. “I think as just being a generally positive person, you can make positive things happen.”
34. “My family brought me up to always look for the best in other people. I love people, I love spending time with people, I love learning from people.” – Richard Branson
35. “Too many people measure how successful they are by how much money they make or the people that they associate with. In my opinion, true success should be measured by how happy you are.” – Richard Branson
“Too many people measure how successful they are by how much money they make or the people that they associate with. In my opinion, true success should be measured by how happy you are.” – Richard BransonTweet Quote
36. “Never go into business purely to make money. If that’s the motive, you’re better off doing nothing.” – Richard Branson
37. “Once a changemaker, always a changemaker but only a few swim against the tide.” – Richard Branson
38. “Developing mental toughness isn’t just about being resilient – it’s about accessing your reserve tank when you think you just can’t go any further.” – Richard Branson
39. “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a ride!” – Richard Branson
40. “Hard-won things are more valuable than those that come too easily.” – Richard Branson
Richard Branson Insights on Business Success & Entrepreneurship
Alright, if you’re looking for some of Richard Branson’s most pragmatic set of quotes when it comes to business and entrepreneurship, then you’ll love this next section.
So, if you’re looking for some business or entrepreneur advice from one of the world’s greatest entrepreneurs, then you’ll want to pay attention to these Richard Branson business quotes.
41. “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” – Richard Branson
42. “Happiness is the secret ingredient for successful businesses. If you have a happy company it will be invincible.” – Richard Branson
43. The key is to set realistic customer expectations, and then not to just meet them, but to exceed them — preferably in unexpected and helpful ways.” – Richard Branson
44. “Embedding purpose into your business will help it to stand out, and align it with customers who have the same values.” – Richard Branson
45. “If you don’t have time for the small things, you won’t have time for the big things.” – Richard Branson
“If you don’t have time for the small things, you won’t have time for the big things.” – Richard BransonTweet Quote
46. “To me, business isn’t about wearing suits or pleasing stockholders. It’s about being true to yourself, your ideas and focusing on the essentials.” – Richard Branson
47. “Throughout the more than 40 years Virgin has been in business we have been continuously striving – striving to deliver wonderful products and services, striving to make a positive difference, striving to change people’s life for the better. Had we not kept striving, we certainly wouldn’t be where we are today.” – Richard Branson
48. “Complexity is your enemy. Any fool can make something complicated. It is hard to keep things simple.” – Richard Branson
49. “Entrepreneurial business favors the open mind. It favors people whose optimism drives them to prepare for many possible futures, pretty much purely for the joy of doing so.” – Richard Branson
50. “The brave may not live forever – But the cautious do not live at all” – Richard Branson
“The brave may not live forever – But the cautious do not live at all” – Richard BransonTweet Quote
51. “The time to go into a new business is when it’s badly run by others.” – Richard Branson
52. “Overcoming fear is the first step to success for entrepreneurs. The winners all exemplify that, and the hard work and commitment they have shown underlines what is needed to set up a business.” – Richard Branson
53. “To launch a business means successfully solving problems. Solving problems means listening.” – Richard Branson
54. “To be successful you have to be out there, you have to hit the ground running.” – Richard Branson
55. “One thing is certain in business. You and everyone around you will make mistakes.” – Richard Branson
“One thing is certain in business. You and everyone around you will make mistakes.” – Richard BransonTweet Quote
56. “My interest in life comes from setting myself huge, apparently unachievable challenges and trying to rise above them.” – Richard Branson
57. “Most people would assume my business success, and the wealth that comes with it, have brought me happiness. But I know I am successful, wealthy, and connected because I am happy.” – Richard Branson
58. “Entrepreneurship is about turning what excites you in life into capital so that you can do more if it and move forward with it.” – Richard Branson
59. “From my very first day as an entrepreneur, I’ve felt the only mission worth pursuing in business is to make people’s lives better.” – Richard Branson
60. “A business is simply an idea to make other people’s lives better.” – Richard Branson
61. “If I had to give one reason why I have been fortunate enough to experience some success, it would be my knack of bringing together wonderful people.” – Richard Branson
62. “Chance favors the prepared mind. The more you practice, the luckier you become.” – Richard Branson
63. “All you have in business is your reputation – so it’s very important that you keep your word.” – Richard Branson
64. “Surround yourself with people that are smarter than you, give them everything they need to grow, and your business will thrive.” – Richard Branson
65. “The most important skills to learn to be successful are people skills.” – Richard Branson
“The most important skills to learn to be successful are people skills.” – Richard BransonTweet Quote
66. “I have always believed that the only way to cope with a cash crisis is not to contract but to try to expand out of it.” – Richard Branson
67. “In business, if you realize you’ve made a bad decision, you change it.” – Richard Branson
68. “To become an entrepreneur is not easy, and a lot of people who try to become entrepreneurs they fail along the way. But the good ones pick themselves up and try again and try again until they succeed.” – Richard Branson
69. “If you want swashbuckling action in your life, become an entrepreneur and give it a go.” – Richard Branson
70. “Business isn’t about ties, suits and briefcases. It’s about adventure.” – Richard Branson
“Business isn’t about ties, suits and briefcases. It’s about adventure.” – Richard BransonTweet Quote
Related: Millionaire Fastlane Quotes
Richard Branson Quotes About Employees
Richard Branson has provided lots of advice to many CEO’s across the world on how to go about creating a world-class organization, and one of his biggest and best secrets of how execute on such a goal has been to focus on employee satisfaction.
With that being said, here are some of the best Richard Branson quotes about employees, and how they should be regarded to create a superior business. Enjoy.
71. “Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients.” – Richard Branson
72. “Put your staff first, your customers second and your shareholders third.” – Richard Branson
73. “A company is people. Employees want to know — am I being listened to or am I a cog in the wheel? People really need to fee wanted.” – Richard Branson
74. “The first thing to look for when searching for a great employee is somebody with a personality that fits with your company culture. Most skills can be learned, but it is difficult to train people on their personality.” – Richard Branson
75. “The art of delegation is one of the key skills any entrepreneur must master.” – Richard Branson
“The art of delegation is one of the key skills any entrepreneur must master.” – Richard BransonTweet Quote
76. “There is no magic formula for great company culture. The key is just to treat your staff how you would like to be treated.” – Richard Branson
77. “If you look for the best in your employees, they’ll flourish. If you criticize or look for the worst, they’ll shrivel up. We all need lots of watering.” – Richard Branson
78. “Train people well enough so they can leave. Treat them well enough so they don’t want to.” – Richard Branson
79. “Through the right people focusing on the right things, we can, in time, get on top of a lot if not most problems of this world. And that’s what a number of us are trying to do.” – Richard Branson
80. “Learn to look after your staff first and the rest will follow.” – Richard Branson
81. “Loyal employees in any company create loyal customers, who in turn create happy shareholders.” – Richard Branson
82. “Your company should act as a springboard for ambitious employees, not a set of shackles.” – Richard Branson
83. “I believe that, above all else, my hard-wired passion — some call it obsession — for consistently giving our customers, both internal and external, a better work environment or service experience than they can find anywhere else is what’s at the very heart of everything tat I, and by extension the Virgin brand, stands for.” – Richard Branson
84. “Starting your own business isn’t just a job, it’s a way of life.” – Richard Branson
85. “It’s a common misconception that money is every entrepreneur’s metric for success. It’s not, and nor should it be.” – Richard Branson
“It’s a common misconception that money is every entrepreneur’s metric for success. It’s not, and nor should it be.” – Richard BransonTweet Quote
Richard Branson on Leadership
It has been said that leadership is the ability of an individual to influence and guide followers or members of an organization. It has also been said that leadership is the challenge to be something more than average, and we believe these Richard Branson leadership quotes will show that he’s lived up to both standards.
86. “If you motivate people, if you praise people, if you don’t criticize people, these are all the skills needed to be a great leader.” – Richard Branson
87. “I like to take chances on people, and whenever possible, promote from within — It sends a great message to everyone in the company when someone demonstrates a passion for the job and leadership skills at every step along the way is rewarded with a leadership role.” – Richard Branson
88. “Just as seniority is usually just a measure of tenure and has specific linkage to contribution, unfortunately titles have no true bearing on anyone’s true ability to lead.” – Richard Branson
89. “Good leadership is by definition all about taking the venture forward and finding viable new avenues where the business can evolve and prosper. Poor leadership, on the other hand, typically tends to be static, much more about protecting the status quo and, if there any around, resting on laurels.” – Richard Branson
90. “Don’t be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them.” – Richard Branson
91. “I believe that “luck” is one of the most misunderstood and under-appreciated factors in life. Those people and businesses that are generally considered fortunate or luckier than others are usually also the ones that are prepared to take the greatest risks and , by association, are also prepared to fall flat on their faces.” – Richard Branson
92. “I firmly believe that smart leaders and clever entrepreneurs have the knack of engineering their luck — it’s also known as risk-taking.” – Richard Branson
93. “I should perhaps make it clear that I am not a big fan of meeting-for-the-sake-of-meetings-based cultures as, somewhat paradoxically, I have found that a prime reason for poor communications can often be that there are simply too many meetings.” – Richard Branson
94. “Being a good listener is absolutely critical to being a good leader; you have to listen to the people who are on the front line.” – Richard Branson
95. “Don’t think what’s the cheapest way to do it or what’s the fastest way to do it… think ‘what’s the most amazing way to do it.'” – Richard Branson
“Don’t think what’s the cheapest way to do it or what’s the fastest way to do it… think ‘what’s the most amazing way to do it.'” – Richard BransonTweet Quote
96. “Fun is one of the most important – and underrated – ingredients in any successful venture. If you’re not having fun, then it’s probably time to call it quits and try something else.” – Richard Branson
97. “My general attitude to life is to enjoy every minute of everyday. I never do anything with a feeling of, “Oh God, I’ve got to do this today.” – Richard Branson
98. “Material things are delightful, but they’re not important.” – Richard Branson
99. “Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt to offer a solution everybody can understand.” – Richard Branson
100. “A good leader doesn’t get stuck behind a desk.” – Richard Branson
101. “The brands that will thrive in the coming years are the ones that have a purpose beyond profit.” – Richard Branson
Related: Richard Branson’s Net Worth
Bonus Richard Branson Quote
Bonus: This final Richard Branson quote we believe is the one that can lead just about anyone to finding more success in life, business, or their careers. As such, we’re giving it special attention as a bonus quote. Here you go:
There you have it, the best-of-the-best Richard Branson quotes. We hope they inspire and guide you as you pursue your own success and achievement in business and life. Be sure to check out Richard Branson’s blog if you want direct access to many of his wise and insightful musings.
Lastly, if enjoyed any of these quotes or this page in general, please consider sharing it with someone who could use a bit of Sir Richard Branson’s sage advice on success, business, and life.
Till next time,
PS – If you enjoyed these Richard Branson quotes and you want to learn more about how Richard Branson became so successful, read this: Richard Branson Success Story
100+ MARY KAY ASH QUOTES FROM AMERICA’S GREATEST WOMAN ENTREPRENEUR
Mary Kay Ash was one of the most inspiring entrepreneurial leaders in modern history. She founded Mary Kay Cosmetics, a multi-billion dollar enterprise that still serves millions of customers all over the world, and continues to empower women to dream big and ignite their success.
Mary Kay Ash also wrote three best-selling books that also continues to inspire people worldwide to take control of their own future and to dream big. She truly was one of America’s greatest woman entrepreneurs. As such we aim to ensure her legacy persists by echoing her wisdom on success, life, and business with these powerful Mary Kay Ash quotes.
So, if you’re ready to be inspired, let’s dive into these timeless Mary Kay Ash quotes.
100+ Timeless Mary Kay Ash Quotes
This first set of Mary Kay ash quotes are some of her best and most-well known quotes:
1. Never give up, because you never know if the next try is going to be the one that works.” – Mary Kay Ash
2. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash
3. “I believe that most successful people are ordinary people with extraordinary determination.” – Mary Kay Ash
4. “Be a giver, not a getter. See for the good in everyone, and everything. Do at least one good deed every day, one that you don’t have to do.” – Mary Kay Ash
5. “I’ve often said that we are doing something far more important than just selling cosmetics; we are changing lives.” – Mary Kay Ash
6. “God didn’t have time to make a nobody, only a somebody.” – Mary Kay Ash
7. “Refuse to throw in the towel. Go that extra mile.” – Mary Kay Ash
8. “We must have a theme, a goal, a purpose in our lives. If you don’t know where you’re aiming, you don’t have a goal. My goal is to live my life in such a way that when I die, someone can say, she cared.” – Mary Kay Ash
9. “Some people drift through their entire life. They do it one day at a time, one week at a time, one month at a time. It happens so gradually they are unaware of how their lives are slipping away until it’s too late.” – Mary Kay Ash
10. “Expect great things, and great things will happen.” – Mary Kay Ash
Mary Kay Ash Quotes on Success
Mary Kay Ash paid her dues in her pursuit of success. She worked for a handful of different companies and experienced plenty of rejection, frustration, and failure before she would go on to launch her own company. Even after launching her company, she had to learn various success lessons before she would build it to become the international enterprise it is today.
With that said, here are a handful of Mary Kay Ash quotes that highlight her insights on success.
Related: Inspiring Quotes on Success
11. “Opportunities have always and will always be around. You simply have to take advantage of them.” – Mary Kay Ash
12. “Even the smallest achievements pave a way to great success.” – Mary Kay Ash
13. “It is far better to be exhausted from success than to be rested from failure.” – Mary Kay Ash
14. “Honesty is the cornerstone of all success, without which confidence and ability to perform shall cease to exist.” – Mary Kay Ash
15. “You cannot keep determined people from success. If you place stumbling blocks in their way, they will use them for stepping-stones and climb to new heights.” – Mary Kay Ash
16. “I failed forward to success. I truly believe that life is a series of many attempts and many failures before we realize success. The important thing is to keep on trying.” – Mary Kay Ash
17. “Do what you should do when you need to do them so someday, you can do what you want to do, when you want to do them.” – Mary Kay Ash
18. “Throw out the words ‘If I can’, ‘I hope’, and ‘maybe’, and replace them with ‘I can, I will, I must.” – Mary Kay Ash
19. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash
20. “Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless.” – Mary Kay Ash
“Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless.” – Mary Kay AshTweet Quote
21. “In my view, the people who are the most successful are those who have helped the most people grow.” – Mary Kay Ash
22. “The real success of our personal lives and careers can best be measured by the relationships we have with the people most dear to us — our family, friends, and coworkers. If we fail in this aspect of our lives, no matter how vast our worldly possessions or how high on the corporate ladder we climb, we will have achieved very little.” – Mary Kay Ash
23. “For every failure, there’s an alternative course of action. You just have to find it. When you come to a roadblock, take a detour.” – Mary Kay Ash
24. “The successful person is really just an efficient person with determination, who works less but gets more done through effective time management.” – Mary Kay Ash
25. “Every failure, obstacle or hardship is an opportunity in disguise.” – Mary Kay Ash
26. “People who succeed have a goal, a dream, and make their plans and follow them.” – Mary Kay Ash
27. “Success, in many cases, is failure turned inside out.” – Mary Kay Ash
28. “Think in terms of what’s good for the other person and success will seek you out.” – Mary Kay Ash
29. “One of the secrets of success is to refuse to let temporary setbacks defeat us.” – Mary Kay Ash
30. “You cannot keep determined people from success.” – Mary Kay Ash
Most Inspirational Mary Kay Ash Quotes
This next batch consists of some of the most inspirational Mary Kay Ash quotes of all time. They are both encouraging and motivating, and by the end of this section, you’ll surely feel ready to take on the world.
So, without further ado, let’s get into these highly inspiring Mary Kay quotes.
31. “You can do anything in this world that you want to do…if you want to do it badly enough and you are willing to pay the price.” – Mary Kay Ash
32. “Most people live and die with their music still unplayed. They never dare to try.” – Mary Kay Ash
33. “An average person with average talents and average ambition can outstrip the most brilliant genius in our society; if that person has clear focused goals.” – Mary Kay Ash
34. “Believe that for every problem God gives you, He will also provide you with a solution.” – Mary Kay Ash
35. “The annals of American business are filled with “impossible dreams” that have come true. I believe in those dreams, and most importantly, I believe in my dream.” – Mary Kay Ash
36. “Be a dreamer. Have a sense of greatness. It has been said that if you can dream it, you can do it. And I believe that.” – Mary Kay Ash
37. “It’s popular in some circles to dwell upon what’s wrong with America. Certainly we are not a nation without faults, but I believe there is a need today for us all to counter negativism by emphasizing what’s right with America.” – Mary Kay Ash
38. “You must develop the ability to know the difference between a real problem and an imaginary one.” – Mary Kay Ash
39. “If you are an entrepreneur planning to start your own company, I can’t think of a better place to begin than by operating your business by the Golden Rule. Make this a high priority; never make a decision that contradicts the Gold Rule.” – Mary Kay Ash
40. “Every achievement, big or small, begins in your mind.” – Mary Kay Ash
41. “Dare to grow into your dreams and claim this as your motto: Let it be me.” – Mary Kay Ash
42. “Begin to build in your mind a dream. The write it down and make your goal realistic.” – Mary Kay Ash
43. “If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can’t, you’re right.” – Mary Kay Ash
44. “Each person whose hand I shake is the most important person in the world to me at that moment.” – Mary Kay Ash
45. “Ideas are a dime a dozen. People who implement them are priceless.” – Mary Kay Ash
46. “Be a go-getter. Give the world the best you have and the best will come back to you.” – Mary Kay Ash
47. “The first step is the hardest — making the commitment to yourself, for yourself.” – Mary Kay Ash
48. “I believe every person has the ability to achieve something important, and with that in mind, I regard everyone as special.” – Mary Kay Ash
49. “I believe everyone in America has countless opportunities. But you cannot sit and wait for those opportunities to come knocking at your door. You have to make things happen.” – Mary Kay Ash
50. “Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn’t know it so it goes on flying anyway.” – Mary Kay Ash
“Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn’t know it so it goes on flying anyway.” – Mary Kay AshTweet Quote
51. “Watching women achieve their dreams is the thing that keeps me inspired.” – Mary Kay Ash
52. “A good goal is like a strenuous exercise—it makes you stretch.” – Mary Kay Ash
53. “Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe and enthusiastically act upon must inevitably come to pass.” – Mary Kay Ash
54. “Work like it all depends on you and pray like it all depends on Him!” – Mary Kay Ash
55. “God does not ask your ability or your inability. He asks only your availability.” – Mary Kay Ash
56. “If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can’t, you’re right.” – Mary Kay Ash
57. “Aim high enough that you will have to stretch your ability and your potential to reach it.” – Mary Kay Ash
58. “I know what it’s like to spend an entire day in the field and come home without a single order.” – Mary Kay Ash
59. “Those who are blessed with the most talent don’t necessarily outperform everyone else. It’s the people with follow-through who excel.” – Mary Kay Ash
60. “The only true failure is the person who gives up.” – Mary Kay Ash
61. “There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wondered what happened.” – Mary Kay Ash
62. “You can eat an elephant one bite at a time.” – Mary Kay Ash
63. “Everyone has obstacles to overcome, but those with great faith can conquer whatever stands in the way.” – Mary Kay Ash
64. “We are meant to use and increase whatever God has given us. And when we do, we shall be given more.” – Mary Kay Ash
65. “People are happiest when they have goals, small and large, because they can look forward to attaining them.” – Mary Kay Ash
66. “It’s interesting to not that the word enthusiasm comes from a Greek origin meaning “God within.” Similarly, enthusiasm must begin within you; when you are consumed with enthusiasm, those around you cannot help but respond in kind.” – Mary Kay Ash
67. “Hope is wishing for something to come true. Faith is belief that it will come true. Believe that for every problem God gives you, He will also provide you with a solution.” – Mary Kay Ash
68. “We all have the same 24 hours a day. You ever stop to think about that? But how we use that 24 hours makes the difference between success and failure.” – Mary Kay Ash
69. “Every silver lining has a cloud.” – Mary Kay Ash
70. “There is a way; Up, Around, Over or Through.” – Mary Kay Ash
Related: Inspiring Millionaire Quotes
Wise Mary Kay Quotes on Life and Business
Mary Kay Ash was a masterful business leader. Her vision and courage assisted her in getting her enterprise started, but her business acumen is what launched her company to such staggering levels of success.
So, let’s take a dive into these insightful Mary Kay quotes on life and business as they’ll certainly help you become a better manager of yours.
71. “Never forget, your family should always have priority over your work.” – Mary Kay Ash
72. “God first, then family, then career.” – Mary Kay Ash
73. “In a career you either go forward or backward, but you don’t stand still. Everyone must continually improve his or her skills in a lifetime self-improvement program.” – Mary Kay Ash
74. “Left unattended, problems only intensify.” – Mary Kay Ash
75. “Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, ‘Make me feel important.'” – Mary Kay Ash
76. “Everyone wants to be appreciated, so if you appreciate someone, don’t keep it a secret.” – Mary Kay Ash
77. “Sandwich every bit of criticism between two layers of praise.” – Mary Kay Ash
78. “Good leaders should never have dollar signs in their eyes, regarding people in terms of profit.” – Mary Kay Ash
79. “A leader has two important characteristics; first she is going somewhere; second, she is able to persuade others to go with her.” – Mary Kay Ash
80. “When everybody is motivated to serve others, everybody benefits.” – Mary Kay Ash
81. “No matter how busy you are, you must take the time to make the other person feel important.” – Mary Kay Ash
82. “It must be remembered that not only the company’s good health but also its very survival is dependent on its profitability. And while many companies are indeed very philanthropic, the support given to civic and charitable causes is directly contingent upon the ability to operate efficiently as a business.” – Mary Kay Ash
83. “A company is only as good as its people.” – Mary Kay Ash
84. “When you look at any great business enterprise, you’ll find that it’s people who make it excel. Outstanding businesses are composed of outstanding people.” – Mary Kay Ash
85. “When it comes to hiring people, a company gets what it pays for.” – Mary Kay Ash
86. “People are definitely a company’s greatest asset. It doesn’t make any difference whether the product is cars or cosmetics. A company is only as good as the people it keeps.” – Mary Kay Ash
87. “It’s not only self-defeating to criticize someone in front of others, it’s also downright cruel.” – Mary Kay Ash
88. “Making people feel important is precisely what a leader is paid for — because making people feel important motivates them to do better work.” – Mary Kay Ash
89. “High morale is a significant factor in increasing productivity, which means that a good leader should continually strive to boos the self-esteem of every individual in his or her organization.” – Mary Kay Ash
90. “The most important justification for being in business is service to others.” – Mary Kay Ash
“The most important justification for being in business is service to others.” – Mary Kay AshTweet Quote
91. “Praise is an incredibly effective motivator; unfortunately, many managers are reluctant to employ it.” – Mary Kay Ash
92. “I truly believe that a mediocre idea that generates enthusiasm will go further than a great idea that inspires no one.” – Mary Kay Ash
93. “It’s easy to be enthusiastic when everything is going smoothly. But the real test of one’s mettle is to maintain enthusiasm under adverse conditions.” – Mary Kay Ash
94. “Being adaptable to change is an admirable quality in anyone — male or female — who hopes to succeed in business. Nevertheless, I believe that change is not necessarily progress. Change for the sake of change may improve nothing but your chance of being disappointed.” – Mary Kay Ash
95. “I truly believe that decent people are far more likely to succeed in business than scoundrels and bullies. A leader who mistreats people will end up managing a workforce of unmotivated, unhappy, negative people. And as their leader, he just isn’t going to make it!” – Mary Kay Ash
96. “A good leader knows that it’s his job to help others within the organization. He also knows that the best way to help others is by making them strong — so they can help themselves. In fact, if you help people to the point where they become dependent on you, you’re likely to end up hurting them — and they’ll resent you for it!” – Mary Kay Ash
97. “There’s a big difference between a decisive manager and a tyrant.” – Mary Kay Ash
98. “Good people managers are likely to listen more than they speak. Perhaps that’s why we were given two ears and only one mouth.” – Mary Kay Ash
99. “While clothes may not make the woman, they certainly have a strong effect on her self-confidence, which I believe, does make the woman.” – Mary Kay Ash
100. “Productive people are usually so involved in their jobs they don’t have time to complain.” – Mary Kay Ash
“Productive people are usually so involved in their jobs they don’t have time to complain.” – Mary Kay AshTweet Quote
Bonus Quotes By Mary Kay Ash
Bonus: We here at TheSTRIVE.co believe these last set of quotes by Mary Kay Ash are wise words that every aspiring entrepreneur should pay close attention to. As such, were are listing them here in a bonus section to call out the special attention they deserve. Enjoy.
101. “There are two things people want more than sex and money: recognition and praise.” – Mary Kay Ash
102. “If you honor and serve the people who work for you, they will honor and serve you.” – Mary Kay Ash
103. “In my experience, the more people enjoy their work, the more energy they have to put into it!” – Mary Kay Ash
There you have it, some of the most inspiring and insightful Mary Kay Ash quotes around. We hope her encouraging words inspire you to trust in your potential and go for your dreams.
With being said, we’ll borrow some wisdom from Mary Kay Ash with these last departing words….’You Can Do It’.
Till next time,
TOP 10 SIDE GIGS FOR MAKING EXTRA MONEY (2023)
Are you interested in earning more money with a lucrative side gig? If so, this article on the best side gigs for making a little extra money is for you.
According to Statista, the average amount American employees earn reached a high of $10.99/hr. Assuming this employee works 40 hours a week, they will earn less than $25,000 for the entire year. For a family of four, this puts the average American under the poverty line. No wonder so many people are out there hunting for a second second job!
If your regular paycheck doesn’t cover everything you want, making more money is a necessity. You can work hard towards a promotion, but there’s no guarantee you’ll get it soon enough to pay the bills. Similarly, you can brush up your resume and look around for greener pastures, but you may have to put a lot of effort into applications and may not find a job with much better pay quickly.
Now, not everyone needs or wants a side gig just to make some extra money to pay the bills. Some, may want to find one for stashing away enough money to become financially independent and retire early. So, whether you’re looking for a side gig to help you get back on your feet financially, or to have the extra capital needed to slowly grow your wealth, this list of the best side gigs will help you accomplish both.
BEST SIDE GIGS FOR EXTRA CASH
1. Personal Training
If you have a passion for fitness and nutrition, get paid for your gym sessions by offering personal training services or running group classes. You will get the chance to do what you love and keep yourself healthy. There’s even a link between fitness and success that will hopefully apply to you.
Find clients at your local gym and market yourself online. You can create your own program and even set your own rates. Generally speaking, personal trainers can make a competitive living at an average national rate of $18.49/hr.
2. Rent Out Room
Do you have an extra room in your home? Rent it out to people traveling in the area through Airbnb for some extra money.
You get to set your own rates, and you once again get to meet new people. However, you must put in significant effort to make your home as welcoming as possible to get high ratings. You also must share your home with strangers, which can cramp your style.
The Earnest ranks Airbnb as the highest rated “sharing” gig with an average income of $924.00/month.
3. Trade Stocks
When you support a company you believe in by buying a share of their stock, you will sell it at the rate when you decide to sell, hopefully resulting in a profit.
While sometimes precarious, many people make enough to fund their IRA.
To get started, you should research highly anticipated companies, products, and trends in the market. Diversify your funds into multiple different investments to minimize risk. You should also put effort into learning everything about trading by reading books on investing to put yourself in the best position possible.
4. Webpage Design
Every business needs a website, but many business owners don’t have the technical skills or know-how to create an attractive, user-friendly, and optimized website. That’s why they hire someone to do it for them.
If you have an eye for graphic design and enjoy making things as simple to use as possible, you can start freelancing as a web designer. You get to use your creativity a bit, and the demand is high. However, their competition is high, too.
You can earn up to $60/hr working as a website designer. However, you need to work hard and possibly lower your rates a bit in the beginning to attract clients. Luckily, clients will regularly need to update their website. Once you get a client who seems happy with your work, they will continue to come to you for all of their design needs.
5. Disc Jockey
Do you have a natural ear for music and possess some basic dj equipment? You can start a gig as a freelance disc jockey. The amount you can make will ultimately come down to your experience, reputation, location, and the type of gigs you book. But most importantly, it will come down to how much you’re willing to hustle.
See the following average pay per dj gig type:
- Night Life DJ: $50 – $200
- Corporate DJ: $300 – $600
- Wedding DJ: $500 – $700
- Touring DJ: $250 – $2,500
- Superstar DJ: $2,500 – $25,000
Most people won’t make it to superstar Dj status, but you can still make some decent money and have fun. Getting high-paid gigs means you will need to network within the industry and promote yourself heavily and effectively.
Many children struggled to learn course material learning from home last year, and they can use some additional help. If you have always had academic prowess, consider working as a tutor to students or people learning English as a second language. You can go through an educational institution or tutoring agency or find a private client.
Most private tutors earn more and make an average of $25/hr, but rich clients will pay more if they like you and you have the correct knowledge.
While you make money from tutoring, you will also know you contributed to a person’s education and maybe even motivated them a bit. It should put some good energy into your world and make you feel positive and confident about yourself.
Serving jobs usually need shifts during the night and weekend, making it a reliable source of income outside of your 9 – 5. The job requires a lot of energy, and some of the customers can be downright inappropriate.
Keep in mind though, that as a server or bartender, you may not fully experience the financial consistency you’re looking for, but it does bring home some extra cash.
One of the key benefits of going this route for a side gig, is the flexible hours, and the fact that you get to work with great people. Getting discounts on drinks and food is also a nice little perk of this gig.
You could also go for the big money by aiming to get a job at a high-end restaurant or bar instead of a small diner, and then just take busy weekend shifts to make this one of the best side hustles on the list. Just be careful to avoid burnout since the work can get exhausting if you take every shift that comes your way.
8. Ride Share
Popular rideshare companies Uber and Lyft hire drivers with qualifying vehicles as independent contractors to drive people in the area to their destination. You will explore your city and meet interesting people while cruising around town, which suits many people. You can work at any time you want, too, allowing for optimum working flexibility.
Unfortunately, not all riders treat your vehicle with respect. You may also find yourself further away from home than expected.
On average, rideshare drivers for both companies make an average of $364/month. Of course, this number decreases when you factor in the cost of gas, maintenance, and repairs.
To increase pay:
- work more
- drive during peak times
- qualify for bonuses
- keep your car clean
- provide excellent customer service
- drive for multiple rideshare companies
- go the extra mile with free snacks or free water
9. Child Care
If you don’t mind taking care of children, why not get paid to babysit. You can find clients on care.com and similar sites, your local community papers, or local listings. The average childcare gig for watching just one infant can easily bring in an extra $565.00 a week. Of course rates may vary based on location, the age of the child, experience, and additional services offered (pet care, tutoring, cooking, transportation, etc…).
Certainly, you can make more if you take care of more children, but you need to stay mindful of the regulations and certifications required in your area, and make sure you don’t take on more than you can handle.
10. Sell Goods Online
Start an online business where you can sell goods to other people for a profit. You will need to pay for the items up front, and you never know if someone will want your stuff. However, a good find can lead to an impressive profit margin.
If you have extra clothes, accessories, and trinkets, you can sell the stuff you already have. You can also make your own crafts. Finally, you can search in thrift stores for good finds. Some popular platforms to sell items include:
- Facebook Marketplace
Income from online sales side gigs varies greatly depending on the products you have and how you market them. However, if this 28-year old made $2400 in 4 months, so can you!
Bonus Side Gigs/Side Hustle Ideas:
Below are a few extra side hustle/side gig ideas sourced from social media. Just more food for thought…
Best side hustles to make $1k/month in 2023:— Jay (@MakinHisWay) March 3, 2023
– Ebay flipping
– Vending machines
Anything you would add / take away?
This last one is especially good. It only provides four ideas, but they are great examples of how you can think outside of the box to make extra cash on the side.
So, be sure to watch this one for some superb side hustles that no one is talking about, and that can help you make a nice chunk of change on the side every day:
Video Credit: Joshua Mayo (Subscribe Here)
Final Thoughts on These Side Gigs
These side gigs for extra cash can certainly pad your bank account and help you feel more financially secure. You could even use the extra money to splurge on something fun on the weekends.
But most importantly, you could use the extra money to start investing in assets that will help you get rich.
Till next time,
PS – If you enjoyed this resource on side gigs that can help you get rich, then you’ll likely enjoy this article as well: How To Get Rich With a Normal Job.
TOP 10 REASONS TO BECOME AN ENTREPRENEUR
Believe it or not, entrepreneurs are the very backbone of most economies. Their efforts, ideas, and execution help create the jobs everyone else gets to enjoy, the products and services we crave, and the conveniences we love. They say money makes the world go round, but we all know, it’s the entrepreneur who sets everything in motion. That said, if you’re here to learn what the top 10 reasons to become an entrepreneur are, then stick around.
Before we dive into the list, it’s important to know a few key things about entrepreneurs first. An entrepreneur is a risk-taker, innovator, and investor, entrepreneurs make every effort count towards bringing a transformative change in their respective markets.
In fact, if long-term success is to be found as an entrepreneur, consistently disrupting the market has to be a part of their long-game. So, even though to be an entrepreneur is in a way to be heroic, it is no easy task.
Entrepreneurship is Not For the Faint of Heart
It’s not easy to build, design, and run a business, especially these days. Entrepreneurship comes with the baggage of expectations and responsibilities. Entrepreneurs have to not only come up with the business idea, they also have to leverage their time, money, and resources to get things off the ground.
On top of that, they also have to learn how to manage people and create processes once things take off. To be sure, entrepreneurship is an endeavor to be respected.
Entrepreneurship is an unpredictable journey. And for many, it may even seem risky and scary initially, but if executed the right way, it can help generate income like few employees will ever experience. In addition to this, it can also help you acquire a platform for exploring countless opportunities that employees will never have access to.
Entrepreneurship May Be In Your Future If…
So, why should you be an entrepreneur? Well, if you’re the type of person who hates their job, or finds it boring, or if you’re the type of person who has lots of great ideas for how things could be better when it comes to products and services, then starting a small business or side-hustle may be in your future.
For the right person, entrepreneurship can be a golden ticket to a better lifestyle.
With that being said, if you’ve ever consider the possibility of becoming your own boss and trying your hand at entrepreneurship, but have been hesitant to pull the trigger, give these top 10 reasons why you should be an entrepreneur are read. By the end of the article, you’ll know for sure if entrepreneurship is for you.
TOP 10 REASONS TO BECOME AN ENTREPRENEUR
1. You Want to Explore Unlimited Possibilities of Earning
A job may offer you a fixed salary and employment security (which may also vary depending on various factors). People often refrain from doing business thinking that it is uncertain and loss probabilities may be more.
Moreover, in a business, there is no fixed income, and it varies every month and quarter. But there are many who wants to grow their earning and doesn’t want to remain limited to fixed wages which are decided by the employer. Employees can put their preferences, but the final call is taken by the job provider when it comes to salary.
If you feel that you deserve much more than what you are earning at the moment, then starting up your business is your thing. Not only you get the opportunity to multiply your earnings but also make a more significant impact on your overall financial status.
Entrepreneurs may have to incur losses, but at the same time, unlike company employees, their income is not regulated. If the business runs on profit, entrepreneurs get to earn more.
Related: How to Become Rich and Successful
2. You Have The Urge to Try New Ideas
When it comes to innovation, small businesses and startups are always the frontrunners. They are ready to take risks and try new ideas to see what works and what doesn’t, which is an unlikely scenario in big companies. Large organizations typically have a recipe that works, meaning they’re making good money, and so keep to the status quo. As such, they don’t do much experimenting or try new things.
But if you have new ideas that you are eager to give them a try, then start up your own small business and become an entrepreneur. Why? Because entrepreneurship allows you to be innovative and follow your passion, even if it requires taking risks.
Working on your passion and converting your dreams into a reality is something that only entrepreneurs get to witness as they are their own boss and have the privilege to do business the way they want.
Sure, the process may sometime be frustrating, disappointing and you may see failures initially, but if you can stick on to your plan, remain determined and keep trying, then success will inevitably be yours.
3. You Want to Learn More
If you have the zeal and eagerness to learn more about your professional field and enhancing your skills, then you must try becoming an entrepreneur. Becoming an entrepreneur will give you business perspective and insights that you wouldn’t be able to acquire in any other way.
Truly, being an entrepreneur is a never-ending learning process. The more you can learn, the better you can take advantage of opportunities to grow your business.
Successful entrepreneurs are the ones who never miss their chances to learn and are never satisfied with their existing knowledge. They are keen to know more so that they can stay up-to-date with the latest happenings in the market and the industry they are in.
If you discover that regular working hours in office is not catering to your knowledge quest and keeping you limited when it comes to expanding your information base, then you have all the reasons to become an entrepreneur to satiate your knowledge aspirations.
For a true entrepreneur, learning never stops, and that’s an amazing attribute to have. From SEO to real estate, construction, healthcare, and web development, you should try learning as much as you can.
Related: Self-Reliance is The Way
4. You Want to Be Your Own Boss
Some people don’t like to be controlled or be answerable to a higher authority, be it personal or in professional spheres of life. Not having your final say in the decision-making of the business operation is also something that many people can’t accept.
Moreover, when an individual’s creativity and professional space gets hounded by the constant interference of an annoying manager, the disappointment and resentment to having an authority increases.
If you are someone who is struggling with the same scenario, then being your own boss is the only solution. Signs of frustration when governed or managed is a clear sign that entrepreneurship may be for you.
By becoming the CEO of your company, you are responsible for every success and achievement. You need to answer anyone for anything, and also nobody will be able to claim a share in your accomplishments.
However, one thing you should never forget that with authority comes new responsibilities. As a business owner, you will be responsible for teaching and training people working for you. So, you must cater to your role as an entrepreneur and business owner demands without fail.
5. You Don’t Want an Average 9-to-5 Job
For aspiring entrepreneurs, the repetitive and monotonous working routine in a 9-to-5 job fails to feed the hunger and passion for doing something innovative and creative. Bound by company policies and regulations, people of a 9-to-5 job are often dissatisfied and tired of doing the usual every day and ending up with unfulfilled desires when it comes to making a difference with their expertise in the professional space.
Hence for people who want to translate their potential into the real world and break the monotony of a typical 9-to-5 job, entrepreneurship is the way to give wings to your dreams.
Moreover, in a 9-to-5 job, your earning is capped unless you earn incentives or commissions. But if scrapping by on a capped salary doesn’t intresest you, then being an entrepreneur will be your ideal bet.
With hard work and determination, you can shape your dreams, try creative ideas, and unleash opportunities in your own terms once you become an entrepreneur. If growing your business is what you aspire, you must start your business right away to be the in-charge of your professional decisions.
6. You Want to Bring a Change
Entrepreneurs not only work towards changing their life but are also keen on bringing a change in the world around. Most of the startups in the recent past have contributed towards social causes with their innovative business model and discoveries.
Whether developing useful products or donating a part of profits to charity, entrepreneurs make significant impact with their small gestures and efforts.
From creating job opportunities to adding to GDP, small businesses do a lot for the community. If you would prefer to be a part of such great initiatives, you can start your efforts by starting a business and proving your skills as an entrepreneur. Your transition into becoming a business owner will help the lives of many and bring overall transformation in the world as Mark Twain says, “Explore. Dream. Discover.
Related: How to Become Free
7. You Want to Get Out of The Rat Race
Out of the top 10 reasons to become an entrepreneur, most do it to get out of the rat race. Most people know that working a regular 9-5 job with fixed working hours can get monotonous, and that you may, overtime, start regretting every bit of your life, like most people do. However, if you become an entrepreneur, chances are you won’t lack for adventure, and you have a shot of escaping the hamster wheel of slaving away for 50 years or more.
Entrepreneurship is for people who are tired of executing someone else’s vision and have no space for innovation. In large companies, working hours, along with what works to do is all set by the employer. Moreover, there is no work-life balance, and people are running in the rat race with no time for recreation and family.
But when you have your own business, you have the privilege to choose what to do and when. You get the freedom and flexibility to work besides managing your family and household life.
So, if a healthy family life is what matters and you no longer want to be part of the rat race working in companies, you should seriously consider becoming an entrepreneur.
8. You Want Location Flexibility
Working in a company will not give you the freedom to work from wherever you want. Not every profession has the ease of work from home. So, if you think that working in different environments can boost your innovative and creative thinking and you can work even while traveling the world, then becoming an entrepreneur will be your smart choice.
Your own business can be operated online and worked from anywhere as you are the boss. You can make money even while traveling, leveraging various online tools and platforms that allow you to explore the online market as well. Having your business can help you be flexible with changing situations and needs and can assist in building a location-independent business.
Related: I Want To Start a Business But Have No Ideas
9. You Don’t Want To Toe Any Party Lines
Sometimes we end up working for a company who’s values or politics don’t align with our own. It’s not something we do intentionally. But, when you need to pay your bills just about any job will do.
Certainly, you can just go and work for another company, but there will always be an element of that companies values that don’t 100% align with yours. As such, your best bet for achieving absolute freedom to be, believe, or support who you wish to, is to strive to create your own enterprise.
10. You Want To Unleash Your Creative Potential
One of the greatest aspects of becoming an entrepreneur is the fact that you get to be as creative as you’d like. When you become an entrepreneur, you can bring any one of your creative ideas to the marketplace and see if it’s worth its salt.
Even better, is that you get to test your unique and creative ideas at will. No more sheepishly seeking the approval of some middle manager above you for permission, just to try out one of your great ideas. As entrepreneur, you get to choose the when, the where, the how, and everything in between when it comes to deploying your ideas.
Being able to unleash your creative potential is one of, if not the, top reason why you should become an entrepreneur.
Bonus Reasons To Become An Entrepreneur
Alright, here’s one last bonus section if you’re still looking for even more reasons to become an entrepreneur. It’s a great video created by American entrepreneur Patrick Bet-David that you’ll certainly get some added value from.
So, if our top 10 reasons to become an entrepreneur didn’t quite convince you, well give this bonus video a watch, as PBD does an amazing job covering all the other bases as to why one should consider becoming an entrepreneur. Enjoy:
Video Credit: Valuetainment (Subscribe Here)
Final Thoughts on Becoming an Entrepreneur
There you have it, 8 reasons to solidify if you should become an entrepreneur or not. The very thought of starting your business may sound intimidating for some while energizing for others. But it doesn’t have to be intimidating.
In today’s economy, getting funds for setting up your business isn’t that difficult if you have the right proposal and strategies in place. And in this competitive space, there is no shortage of opportunities, one just has to know how to navigate the territory.
Yes, it will take some dedication, time, and a lot of resources to create a successful and thriving business. But if your research, effort, and execution are on point, you have a good chance of finding the freedom and the heroic status that every successful entrepreneur achieves.
Till next time,
PS – If you enjoyed these Top 10 reasons to become an entrepreneur, then you’ll love these 10 solid reasons why you should follow your dreams.
THE JOHN PAUL DEJORIA STORY
BEST RICH DAD POOR DAD QUOTES TO ACHIEVE FINANCIAL SUCCESS
SYLVESTER STALLONE NET WORTH
35+ BEST POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING QUOTES
BEST MOTIVATIONAL MOVIES FOR SUCCESS
THE LINK BETWEEN WILLPOWER AND SUCCESS
25 GENE SIMMONS QUOTES & SUCCESS LESSONS FROM ‘ME INC.’
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2023)
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE UNLIMITED SUCCESS
20 BEST BOOKS ON CONFIDENCE TO LEVEL UP YOUR SELF-ESTEEM
TOP 25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS FOR SUCCESS
100+ INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
100+ WORK ETHIC QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE MORE
100+ PURPOSE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
Self-Discipline5 months ago
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2023)
Quotes1 month ago
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE UNLIMITED SUCCESS
Confidence4 months ago
20 BEST BOOKS ON CONFIDENCE TO LEVEL UP YOUR SELF-ESTEEM
Motivation1 month ago
TOP 25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS FOR SUCCESS
Motivation5 months ago
100+ INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
Quotes4 months ago
100+ WORK ETHIC QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE MORE
Inspiration9 months ago
100+ PURPOSE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
Inspiration2 weeks ago
100+ INSPIRING QUOTES ABOUT FOLLOWING YOUR DREAMS
Confidence3 weeks ago
100 INSPIRING COURAGE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FEEL COURAGEOUS
Quotes6 months ago
NO GUTS, NO GLORY QUOTES
Motivation4 months ago
100+ MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES TO HELP YOU NEVER GIVE UP
Motivation5 months ago
TOP 100 SUCCESS AND MOTIVATIONAL BLOGS FOR 2023